don't be daft! 2 6.45%
: 31.

12-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

*Sigh* My dad has just informed my that my Rowswell worker friend has died, apparently it was a few days ago and my dad just never told me. He was a nice man but I didn't know him to well (although I still am sad). Oh, well I guess I should just move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

12-15-2002, 03:09 PM
LuxoJr
Howler Punk

: Apr 2001
: Australia
: 329
LuxoJr  (10)

:
However, when an event like 9/11 happens and attitudes change so drastically.. wouldn't that make you think twice? Another analogy would be this: Let's say that you decide to show up at a friend's house totally by surprise...But when you get there... you hear him and his wife yelling at each other....you do not leave without leaving a note on his door announcing that you had come by, and suggesting that he'd better get things straight with his wife; all for his best interests.
You said that their goal was to avert nuclear war. 9/11 brought us closer to that possibility than any event in the last decade.

This race is supposedly concerned enough to make the effort to prevent war. Why, then, would an 'advanced' species miss the single best oportunity to divert nuclear disaster and POSTPONE their first contact?

Carrying on your friend/wife analogy I'll offer this possibility: knowing that their argument might end in violence, I still leave the note and walk away. In the situation you proposed, the motivations to approach the friend are entirely different to those altruistic goals of the aliens. Unless they're just damned lazy, why would these ETs just throw up their arms and leave at the BEST POSSIBLE MOMENT?
12-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

from what i've heard, the "grays" are not very nice guys, giving people diseases, taking out someones spinal coloumn.

when i get older i'm gonna start hunting these guys, and i'm gonna make sure they know that earth is NOT the right place to invade.

12-21-2002, 09:31 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Ferill, stop being such a f*cking moron and trying to act cool cos its;

Pathetic
Sad
Loser-ish
and Vile

Idiot.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

12-21-2002, 12:26 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2002
: wisconsin
: 469
lindsey  (8)

you stop being a f*cking moron just dont post if you cant say any thing that that makes a persin sad stop going to thare post and saying there a moron that is rude and it makes them come bake at you like me im not leting peopile call me names any more

Last edited by lindsey; 12-21-2002 at 04:30 AM..
12-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Oh geez, ok guys lets not get out of hand and Jacob I know that you can really insult lindsey easily with some of her...atributes but please refrain from doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

12-21-2002, 02:39 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

im p*** off whth him

12-21-2002, 03:39 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2002
: England
: 1,542
M.O.M  (11)
Exclamation

Oh come on this is not the place to fight, Mastecheif has now calmed down with you and DI and now it starts up again!!!!!!!!

12-22-2002, 02:44 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

It's funny how Jacob can always change the topic of a thread so damn fast.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

12-22-2002, 07:53 AM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Exclamation

it is isnt it!

12-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

It's interesting to note that there was a surge of films about aliens and martians in the 1940's, then soon after one of the alien's ships crashed in Nevada (faulty craftmanship?). Over the following years reports of alien abductions were plentiful, descriptions of the abductors matched the beings depicted in science fiction films. It certainly seems unlikely that aliens are appearing in films as a result of real aliens attempting to desensitize us to their presence, but rather people have hijacked the idea of extraterrestrials visiting us because it appeals to their sense of fantasy.

These are tales of an Intergalactic Congress coming from someone with an obvious science fiction fixation. The story seems unlikely, especially considering this person once believed he was guided by Mudokon spirits, regularly makes contact with the deceased, has experienced countless UFO sightings and alludes to having been abducted by aliens.

It's a fantasy.
12-22-2002, 01:24 PM
MasterChief
Bola Blast

: Oct 2002
: Mundelein ILL
: 432
MasterChief  (9)

aliens definitly are out there

12-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
especially considering this person once believed he was guided by Mudokon spirits,
Ok, i could believe the other stuff but this...this...this...this is just so wrong.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

12-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Jacobsucks
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: United States
: 67
Jacobsucks  (10)
Aliens

Put two creatures on the moon. A male and female they have a baby it's a ALIEN! It grew up on a diffrent planet!
12-22-2002, 02:25 PM
LuxoJr
Howler Punk

: 329
LuxoJr  (10)

:
These are tales of an Intergalactic Congress coming from someone with an obvious science fiction fixation
There are uncanny similarities between this intergalactic UN thingamabob and The Day the Earth Stood Still...

...though Pilot's story is yet to incorporate gratuitous partial nudity.

Also, there is nothing about that poster I don't like; from the screaming wench to the communist overtones, it's all good.
12-22-2002, 04:22 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy Re: Aliens

:
Originally posted by Jacobsucks
Put two creatures on the moon. A male and female they have a baby it's a ALIEN! It grew up on a diffrent planet!
sorry to spoil your fun but you dont need to be born on a different planet to be alien.

the the french are alien to the british, the americans are alien to the russians and so on!

12-22-2002, 07:16 PM
lindsey
Super Stingbee

lindsey  (8)

I read a book abut aleans I whas rily weard so ........

12-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

:
sorry to spoil your fun but you dont need to be born on a different planet to be alien.
Technically you are wrong also. It all depends on how you interpret the word "Alien" aliens are among us. They can be defined as outsiders or people we alienate. So please back up your statments before you discredit someone's claims or ideas. Everyone is entitled to their opinion that doesnt make it either wrong or right though.

-Al the Vykker

On another note who watched "Taken" on scifi it was really good it lasted two weeks. go to http://taken.scifi.com/index_flash.html

I taped the episodes. It had an overall story but was based on newer evidence from the Roswell crash. Hopefully they will release it on DVD or VHS for anyone who missed it. I still recommend though anyone who either believes in UFOs/Aliens, or is a skeptic. To buy The Day after Roswell. It is the most credible book written to support all of that information to be true about aliens and UFOs.
12-22-2002, 07:54 PM
Jacobsucks
Bolamite

: Jul 2002
: United States
: 67
Jacobsucks  (10)
Happy oh

Taken was good.but long it took like a week to be over!
12-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Yeah, though Im not being mean it was two weeks long. I know you probably knew that just reminding you, or you may have just mixed it up. But I agree with you 100% very long but really good. I thought it was the best type of Alien/UFO movie/tv miniseries in a long time. It wasnt cheesy, or any of that weird stuff that could never be true. I was just usually waiting and wondoring what was going to happen next.

-Al the Vykker
12-23-2002, 08:04 AM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy

:
Technically you are wrong also. It all depends on how you interpret the word "Alien" aliens are among us
Oh.....Thank you for the correction Al!

12-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Dont think of it as a correction M.O.M., think of it as a small pointer. That both of you could be right or wrong, it all depends on like I said how you interpret things.

-Al the Vykker
12-23-2002, 04:31 PM
M.O.M
Outlaw Sniper

M.O.M  (11)
Happy

Ill note that for the future Al

12-24-2002, 03:53 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Yep Sydney, good to see you up to your old tricks again. One of the few appearances you make back here and you're all gunned up to attack me. Regarding what you said, (and while on the topic of misinterpretation) you mistinterpreted what I told you long ago. What I had was a dream, and I never claimed to have been, as you say, "guided my Mudokon spirits." It's obvious that you are only trying to discredit me by bringing something already controversial I told you in good faith in the past, twist it around, and use it against me. I'm sorry you feel you need to do that.

I said it before and here it is yet again: You don't have to believe one way or another as it is completely up to you to put things together in a way that makes sense to you. I'm NOT trying to make anyone believe anything but am expressing my opinions and beliefs which are based upon evidence that I have found to be true. Nothing more. Does anybody here find that threatening?

All I ask of anybody who reads this is to at least consider the information which has been presented, and to not surrender to any one particular view. Even mine. I advise all who I share this with to take even what I say with a grain of salt. It's the only sensible thing to do.

12-24-2002, 08:11 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Not to stir the shit here but you did tell Sydney's secret to people when she told you in confidence...

12-24-2002, 08:17 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
I advise all who I share this with to take even what I say with a grain of salt. It's the only sensible thing to do.
That's the first sane statement you've made all year.

12-24-2002, 09:06 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

I was abducted by vykkers as a child...
12-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Pilot

Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

If you're truly looking in vain to damage my credibility then you're going to have to try harder. Is that all you've got? That is really no secret of mine because all it was was a dream; not even particularly private. If you don't have anything to contribute other than criticism, then please move to another discussion.

12-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
If you're truly looking in vain to damage my credibility then you're going to have to try harder.
The mudokon spirit guides were just one of the things that were mentioned. Omitting that fact wouldn't have made any difference, as you do a fine job on your own ensuring people don't take you seriously. I'm only replying because I find you extremely amusing, not because of some absurd attempt to damage your credibility - that's incidental.
:
If you don't have anything to contribute other than criticism, then please move to another discussion.
But criticism of such wild claims is healthy and normal. Do you only accept positive reactions to your tales of government conspiricies and intergalactic congresses?
12-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Pilot

I find you amusing in the way that you hardly come to the OWF to post any more; yet when there comes a thread which I express my opinions openly you take that opportunity to jump down my throat. You've made as many posts in the last week or so that you have within the past few months. Now come on... if you're going through this much trouble you should at least quit pussyfooting around and let me have it. I knew and expected fully when I first started getting involved in this topic that I would be up for a lot of criticism; so no, I didn't expect only positive response.

And really, only because you view issues one way does not make you right. Same for me, just because I say things are one way does not make me right either. It's a matter of who's walked the walk and who's talked the talk. I've actually looked into this matter and have formed opinions based upon the research I have done.

Answer this as concise as possible Missy: Have you done any research that would otherwise entitle you to say what I have thus far put forth is invalid? (Word of mouth, rumors, and other foundationless information excluded) If you can't say that you have looked into the matter, done any research, or taken an interest in this, then you have no place to say that I have presented invalid information or that all of this "is a fantasy." That is only a dictation of your opinion; and that is all it is. "Hit the books and prove me wrong."