08-19-2002, 03:41 AM
Squinge
Stunk

: Aug 2002
: Austin, Tx.
: 35
Squinge  (10)

I'm not worried, but thanks .

I do have a question, though.... I have noticed that there are titles beneath our names. Are they in regards to our respective number of posts? And if so, does one get to choose what it says after you post a certain number? What would that number be?

Thanx again.

08-19-2002, 03:52 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Drunk Dark Hood ! COME BACK!

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern

Edited to say: I'm sure Dark Hood could make the anti OWF propaganda pics...I mean, he did such a lovely job on that flaming OWF pic....
I think that it became nice that he draws a picture through this forums. The last picture which he drew also on irony was the highest performance in his pictures as skills. Probably he regards as having loved the forum harder than others....
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

08-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

I'll clarify again: Oddworld Forums weren't created out of spite. They were created to compliment my site, Oddworldian. Everyone had accepted the fact that the forum was up before I had a disagreement with that yahoo club. Even Kristen knows and acknowledges this. If you want to believe Justin's lie, it doesn't bother me.

The Glass Asylum wasn't created out of spite either. Do you really expect me to wave goodbye to the interesting, good-natured people who wont tolerate Justin and Kristen's behaviour? I'm not throwing it all away simply because two obsessed fans decide to topple my administration. If it makes you feel more justified in behaving the way you did, believe what you want, regardless of the facts.

08-19-2002, 04:34 AM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm sorry you see it that way. In life, you're going to find that people dislike you whatever you do. That's what I am finding, and there is nothing I can do about it.

08-19-2002, 04:42 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm sorry you see it that way. In life, you're going to find that people dislike you whatever you do. That's what I am finding, and there is nothing I can do about it.
I find your outlook on life to be bleak and depressing. The fact is, the way you behave has a great bearing on whether or not people like you.

08-19-2002, 04:52 AM
atusiya@

atusiya@  (28)
This forums is a state.

:
Originally posted by Sydney
I'll clarify again: Oddworld Forums weren't created out of spite. They were created to compliment my site, Oddworldian. Everyone had accepted the fact that the forum was up before I had a disagreement with that yahoo club. Even Kristen knows and acknowledges this. If you want to believe Justin's lie, it doesn't bother me.

The Glass Asylum wasn't created out of spite either. Do you really expect me to wave goodbye to the interesting, good-natured people who wont tolerate Justin and Kristen's behaviour? I'm not throwing it all away simply because two obsessed fans decide to topple my administration. If it makes you feel more justified in behaving the way you did, believe what you want, regardless of the facts.
For us, it is not important to have been made in order that this forums might admire your site. It is a well-known fact that your site deserves praise. And nobody suspects it. This forums merely has an intention in itself. This forums is worldwide so greatly that it is not manageable to an administrators, either. Millions of "ODD" fans should know this forums. Moreover, people of dozens of nations participate in this forums, and are discussing. This forums is a state. It is dependent on you to also ruin this country and to also make it prosper. However, what should the left-behind people do?
atusiya@'s father..
Odd odd oddworld

08-19-2002, 04:54 AM
Pilot

Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Again, your perception is wrong. My outlook on life is an extraordinarily hopeful one. I only speak the truth there... you can't just change what people think. They have their own wills... their own minds. I am a very hopeful person, and I see the best in everybody, because it does exist. Maybe that's the problem with me... I expect the best from everybody, and am often disappointed.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Sir, (Atusi's father) are you asking what the people who are still on the forums should do? If so, my response is that you should continue making this community great! Speak your mind! You shall not be condemned for your thoughts and beliefs.

08-19-2002, 06:29 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I'm going to check out The Glass Asylum (and probably join it), but I'm also going to stay here. That's all I have to say, really.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

08-19-2002, 06:45 AM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yes, what you do is of your own free will. Nobody should get in the way of that.

08-19-2002, 06:55 AM
atusiya@

atusiya@  (28)

:
Originally posted by Pilot
(Atusi's father) are you asking what the people who are still on the forums should do? If so, my response is that you should continue making this community great! Speak your mind! You shall not be condemned for your thoughts and beliefs.
Does it turn out why an old person like me has participated in this forum together with my son? The reason is that we the families like this forum. I like you, Sydney, AbeBabe, and Peter...... It is merely only it. Although it is my individual view, I do not like the language called "power", "a power game", "control", "rule", "betrayal", and "backbiting". It cannot bear such language flying and buying in this forum, at me. I do not want to show my son such a situation. I do not want to say that " it's no use crying over spilt milk".

atusi's father
Odd odd oddworld

08-19-2002, 07:00 AM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yes, Sir, we did what we did for the reason of, in fact, creating a much safer community for people like your son. If we would not have stepped in, these forums would have most likely disappeared.
We are very honored to have you and your family on these forums.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I am also a firm believer that this namecalling is quite childish... it all only exists to create an unpleasant forum. I wish it all to stop.

08-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)
Native

I'm not gong to sugar coat it, or go on forever. I like the people in charge of te oddworld forumsat the moment, but i liked he old ones better. My newforums will be the glass asylum with syd and very one else. My name is Rexy T there. I shall be sad to go, who knows i might come back. But I have one thing to say:-

THE END 12:22AM 19/08/02
I hope this is not the last time i log out of the forums......Farewell my dear friends. Please drop me an email to say hi.....Goodbye *hugz everyone who she likes* ......*sniff*bye evryone *Walks off with bag to sydneys new forum*

08-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I too would like to echo Pilot's sentiments. We intend this forum to be a friendly place for all people. We are both strong believers that name calling and nastiness is not the way to solve things. Unfortunately there are some in this world who do feel that they need to resort to such. That is their way. I prefer the kinder approach. Others use humor. Everyone is different, that is what makes this world a unique place. One should consider others at all times however.

atusiya and father, we want to make this a place for all Oddworld fans. And for all Oddworld fans to make it their own forums.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Like others, I cannot stay here. I was with the Oddworld Forums right from the beginning, and have witnessed it develop and grow into a thriving community. But I can't remain here when so much that has built up has now been knocked down. The plans for OWF's future are very different to what has always been, and frankly I don't want to be an active part of it.

On a more serious and important note, the positional of Oddworld Encyclopedia will not be around for any significant period of time. You'll all have to survive with Khan and John, though I know they have capable hands (assuming they have hands). The Oddworld Encyclopedia website is still coming.

I wish all those who remain behind luck and happiness.

08-19-2002, 12:06 PM
atusiya@

atusiya@  (28)

:
Originally posted by atusiya@
Does it turn out why an old person like me has participated in this forum together with my son? The reason is that we the families like this forum. I like you, Sydney, AbeBabe, and Peter...... It is merely only it. Although it is my individual view, I do not like the language called "power", "a power game", "control", "rule", "betrayal", and "backbiting". It cannot bear such language flying in this forum, at me. I do not want to show my son such a situation. I do not want to say that " it's no use crying over spilt milk".

atusi's father
Odd odd oddworld

08-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I had already left the forums when syd banned me, and now that I'm back, I'm leaving again.

I'm not going anywhere in particular, and for those of you who still wish to converse with me on msn, I should be around.

Adios!

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Fazerina
Super Stingbee

: Dec 2001
: Turku, Finland
: 492
Fazerina  (22)
Sad Farewell.

Hello, my fellow forumers.

I was away for the weekend, as usual; I’m always away, when something interesting happens. So, I came back yesterday evening and found the forums in chaos. I hear, that Sydney was kicked out from the administration position by Kristen and Justin.

First of all, I still haven’t quite understood what was the reason for this. You’re saying that he hasn’t been fair or equal towards all forum members and that he has abused his power, but you didn’t really reveal to us what you meant by them. Nor did you show any evidence. Also, Justin, that was just low, when you told us “how Sydney got the idea to make these forums”. And that has nothing to do with anything, so I didn’t see your point there.

And secondly, I wonder how in hell that can even be possible in the first place! I mean, Sydney is the owner and creator of this board. How can you throw him out? Justin, you said that you and Kristen are the 100% financial owners of the board, but that still doesn’t change a thing! These are Sydney’s forums and you were supposed to be nice, when you offered to host the forums on your server! Well, I think we’ve seen your true colours now.

I don’t know if the rumour I heard about OWI having something to do with this is true or not, so I’m not getting into it here. I’d just like to say that this is Sydney’s own board! You can’t throw him out. What he should do, is throw you out! And besides, as the owner of this board, Syd can do whatever he wants with it. We don’t need you to be playing the politeness-police around here. He shuld do whatever he wants with the board and it’s his business how he runs it. Although OWF is treated as official, this is not the official board! This crappy little thing is.

Also, you need to take down every graphics, styles, etc. Sydney has designed. Plus, you shouldn’t be using any of his ideas. Like, I think all the Zulag 1, Zulag 2, Zulag 3, forum names, descriptions, etc. came from Sydney, so you shouldn’t be using them! Well, I am most amazed by the fact, that you are allowed to throw him out! From his own board! If I were Sydney, I’d sue you.

This is the last post I will write to these forums. I’m a bit saddened about this, because these 8 months here were a great fun and I made many good friends here. But I don’t want to stay here any longer under the current management. As long as you three, Kristen, Justin and Peter, will be in charge here, I’m not coming back.

Kristen, thank you for the beautiful banner. I used it the whole time I was here and I loved it. Now I won’t be using it again…

Good luck with the board! I hope it’ll become boring as hell and full of spamming kids.

*hugs her friends* I’ll be seeing you on MSN and other boards.

P.S. Viva la Résistance!

Last edited by Fazerina; 08-19-2002 at 04:14 AM..
08-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

I'm going too. Bye.
08-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

I usually aren't around to look at OWF over the weekends. What the hell happened when I was gone? Can some clarify this? No one messes with The Sydman, dammit!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

08-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Okay statick i'm ong to try to be fair and not one sided at this post...here goes:
Pilot and abe babe did something which kick sydman off the administraters list. They said that they thought he was abusing his power as an admin. They were doing what they believd. Sydman coloud no beieve this so he stayed not being an admin and has invited many peopl to come to his new forums! As sydney has let most of the older wiser people have left. Some have stayed and some have startedgoing on both.
How was that?

08-19-2002, 04:47 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

I knew this would happen. Well all I can say is goodbye to evryone here. When Pilot demoted Sydney he struck the death blow to the forum he tryed to save. I will miss you all. All I can say to Justin, Kristen and pete is I hope evry thing will work out.

Farewell, I'm leaving and I'm not going to return.

Good bye evryone, this forum was a great thing whilst it lasted.
08-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Am i the only clinically sane person staying...

*Backs away from the OW fanatics*

Ok...bye guys. I'll stay here and hold the fort...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Red
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Wheeeeee
: 70
Red  (10)

well im going see you at sydney's new forum.

EDIT: My brother had to be restricted from using 'strong' terminology towards the new administraton. I edited the message for him. I suppose you could call that my leaving salute.
I'm going to miss you all exept for Pilot ( not an insult)

08-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Red
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Wheeeeee
: 70
Red  (10)

well im going see you at sydney's new forum.

EDIT: My brother had to be restricted from using 'strong' terminology towards the new administraton. I edited the message for him. I suppose you could call that my leaving salute.
I'm going to miss you all exept for Pilot ( not an insult)
Salty pretzils

Edit: Sorry, double posted. Oops.
08-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Sydney was not abusing his powers. How was he abusing his power? I demand to know. I would be at the glass asylum but I can never use those piece of crap ez boards

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

08-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
1. Sydney was not abusing his powers. How was he abusing his power? I demand to know.

2. I would be at the glass asylum but I can never use those piece of crap ez boards
1. He wasn't as far as I have heard. They say he was but I know the real reason they kicked him out...

2. Well try harder. (Dan told me to tell you that it's ad-free)
08-19-2002, 06:44 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Gluk Schmuck
I'm going too. Bye.
:
Dave said
I had already left the forums when syd banned me, and now that I'm back, I'm leaving again.
Well... ain't this some sh*t. With all of my friends and mortal rivals leaving, I don't suppose OWF will be very interesting for me... I'm not leaving OWF all together, but I will be joining Syd's new forum. Look for "Israfel".
08-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I think things would have been easier for us all if we had waited a short time until Sydney had just "left", as he was already contemplating. Oh well, can't turn back now. To everybody who is leaving: "See you!" And I have pity on you for not understanding what really happened. The reason you are leaving is exactly why we did what we did-- he's just carrying you all by the crotch.

And, for the record: OWI had nothing to do with this! That is probably a blow at my pride and theirs, but naturally, nasty rumors like that have developed.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And for everyone else who wishes to leave: just leave and spare us from having pity on you. End of discussion.

08-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Just an add on, The Glass Aslym (however you spell it) will be filled with ads in a few days, as it is only on a CSC trial.

EDIT: That seemed a bit 'bad', but also they do now have a proper CSC forum.

Farewell to the people leaving...

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-20-2002, 01:56 AM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2001
: West Goshen, PA, USA
: 504
Doug  (10)
Dead What the heck were you thinking?

You can't take away the control of a web site that someone's created from the creator just because you happen to own the server that its on. If you didn't like the way the forums were being run, start your own. If you didn't want them on your server, tell Sydney to move them. If you think there's something special about Oddworld Forums that needs to be protected from what you perceive as negative forces, that's just pathetic. It's time to grow up, girls and boys.

All the threads criticizing the coup have been closed. I'm sure this one we'll be closed in short order if not deleted.

The forums the way you're running them? You can have them.