Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

06-15-2006, 02:41 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

What do you mean, everyone? I hate football!

06-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

What? Someone agrees with me? *gaspness!!*...can't...take...*thud*
Okay, 99% of people then. Sue me. Actually, please don't.
06-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

: Jan 2006
: Hong Kong
: 396
Ninjaxe  (10)

:
Yeha, nowadays everyone is biased in football (referee's races for example) and what sucks is how exact it has to be in official games because noone can take a hint and just accept winning/losing. Its ridiculous. The world cup's stupid, anyway. Football will become a religion soon enough, mark my words. Everyone praises it so much...
Come on what frodwhallop!!!! That is riddcule. World cup is something which people can support their countries for the winning prize. If you crictise that then complain on Eurovision.

Anyway back to the topic. This question popped into my head. Cloning Right or Wrong?

[My answer]
I realize that cloning may be beneficial in terms of medical research and finding cures for diseases and I do not deny the fact that this is important to better the human race in that way. However, aside from assisting in medical research, I do not see how cloning human beings can help our society. In my opinion, the initial euphoria that people will feel because of this new scientific miracle will soon die down and in it will be replaced by an anger and fear which will then lead to discrimination. I also think that this will result in mistrust of fellow human beings because it is such a foreign and scary concept. The fact is that creating humans in an artificial way defies nature. In a world where people cannot even tolerate different races and people who were born in different cultures how will people be able to tolerate clones that are not made in the same way, who are not conceived in the "normal" way? I do not think it is possible. Therefore I do not think that in this lifetime, cloning is beneficial to us in any way. I may be wrong. I may also just be very skeptical about the human race and their ability to accept other types and kinds of people but honestly I think that the cloning of human beings will just cause chaos and havoc and only lead to serious problems. I don't think that we are ready to take on something this foreign and new. Also, it will ruin peoples' sense of individuality if we take on the task of cloning ourselves. People will want to clone all kinds of people for their own benefits, and that in itself goes against the force of nature. Although human cloning will be extremely beneficial for medical research and will help us find cures and treatments for those diseases that we cannot yet explain, nor "fight," the human race is not ready for cloning, and it will only cause more trouble.
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

Ninjaxe  (10)
Native

Sorz double post

Last edited by Ninjaxe; 06-21-2006 at 12:59 AM..
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

Ninjaxe  (10)
Native

wtf????? how this happen

triple post 5000!!!!!! *Runs off to a corner and looks at the wall*

Last edited by Ninjaxe; 06-21-2006 at 01:00 AM..
06-21-2006, 12:47 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

E'l Scrabino  (94)

now that you've said that it makes it a triple post

*sues zerox because he asked and i can't be stuffed reading his entire post*

[evil laugh][/evil laugh]

06-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

I wish more warnings were given out during the world cup. I think the ref during the Italy/America game had his head totally up his ass on that one. 1 absolutely horrid red card and 30+ fouls called in the game. It was awful.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

E'l Scrabino  (94)

Uh, isn't football a little, actually a lot, off topic? I thought we were posting about why they don't clone stuffs...

[on topic]

But, as many people have said, (prolly only 2) we'd probably hunt them in to 'stinktion again...

06-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

El Scrabino, as much as you straight up PWN n00bs you are mistaken. The thread is simply for things that should be done. For instance, all boxers should have a button or 2 on the crotch hole so your hoonanner and nutbag don't escape. That is the biggest reason why I go commando or wear briefs.
Another example: Why don't family reunions schedule themselves slightly after Father's Day? That way all the graduations are done with and the Father's Day stuff is done with so everybody can attend.
Finally, I wish there was a way for longer paperbacks, say 600+, to keep the front from curling when you are on the early pages. I have a pantsload of omnibus editions, compilations, and longer novels that have really bent front covers.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

06-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

:
Come on what frodwhallop!!!! That is riddcule. World cup is something which people can support their countries for the winning prize. If you crictise that then complain on Eurovision.

Anyway back to the topic. This question popped into my head. Cloning Right or Wrong?

[My answer]
I realize that cloning may be beneficial in terms of medical research and finding cures for diseases and I do not deny the fact that this is important to better the human race in that way. However, aside from assisting in medical research, I do not see how cloning human beings can help our society. In my opinion, the initial euphoria that people will feel because of this new scientific miracle will soon die down and in it will be replaced by an anger and fear which will then lead to discrimination. I also think that this will result in mistrust of fellow human beings because it is such a foreign and scary concept. The fact is that creating humans in an artificial way defies nature. In a world where people cannot even tolerate different races and people who were born in different cultures how will people be able to tolerate clones that are not made in the same way, who are not conceived in the "normal" way? I do not think it is possible. Therefore I do not think that in this lifetime, cloning is beneficial to us in any way. I may be wrong. I may also just be very skeptical about the human race and their ability to accept other types and kinds of people but honestly I think that the cloning of human beings will just cause chaos and havoc and only lead to serious problems. I don't think that we are ready to take on something this foreign and new. Also, it will ruin peoples' sense of individuality if we take on the task of cloning ourselves. People will want to clone all kinds of people for their own benefits, and that in itself goes against the force of nature. Although human cloning will be extremely beneficial for medical research and will help us find cures and treatments for those diseases that we cannot yet explain, nor "fight," the human race is not ready for cloning, and it will only cause more trouble.
Too right bro*bricked*
To Statikk: Maybe you could try using a peg to hold the front pages and cover together or some other sort of clip? *shrugs*