Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

04-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

In response, I could say something such as "Don't worry, in time it'll pass," or "There's plenty of other chicks. She wasn't good for you anyways." But any second glance shows nothing except for blatant false sympathy and a gaping lack of thought large than the San Andrea's fault. Thus, instead, I'll try to say something that'll actually mean something after 2 weeks:

If you actually confide with someone now, early on, preferably a female, it'll work out much better. A sleep deprived state helps quite a bit, I might add, due to the lack of effort capable of being put into hiding, embarassment, etc...
04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

Damn Mac, that's not a good hand.

Well you're only 15 and all I can say is don't worry over it too much. Yeah sure it may've been good, but you're way too young to be expecting anything like that to last.

Sorry to hear about it though, I've had the same thing happen to me before and it wasn't nice. But I got over it, in fact it was pretty easy once I'd accepted it. So just hang in there, you'll find someone else, and if it was really meant to be, she'll come back to you.
04-22-2004, 10:12 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)

:
I know this thread is kinda old, but it's a real good idea.

Plus, I have something I've just gotta talk about.

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend.

We broke up.

Holy shit...this feels worse than anything else. This has to be the worst breakup I've had. Shit. As emo as it may seem, I'm bawling my ****ing eyes out right now.

Oh my ****ing god. She was the most amazing girl I've ever met. Holy shit.

It's all gone.

Shit.

At least it wasn't anything about me or us though.

Oh, and the best part is that next monday is (or was) our anniversary.

And Saturday is her birthday.

We were going to do something on Sunday to conjoin the two events. I had the most amazing night planned. It was just gonna sweep her off her ****ing feet.

But not anymore.

God this is shit.

(I'm probably gonna get so much crap for this post, but I don't give a damn...I had to get it out.)
I know it hurts Mac...

but... this may be the first time but it probably won't be the last time this happens!

If you figure you'll marry when you're what?... late 20's... thats a lot of girlfriends from now until then unless you're really lucky!

Its nice that you had such strong feelings for this girl and that you're not afraid to show them... time is a great healer though... you'll be fine.

Don't really know what to say... I didn't "date" til I was 17... I didn't kiss a til I was 16... I was a virgin until I was 18!... I feel so inaddequate around you guys... you do so much so soon!

*looking back at Death's post*

EDIT:

Jesus D! You may as well have said "You're 15 you faggot... you can't love her... grow up.. no wait don't... you're behaving way above your station already!"

Have you heard of sensitivity!?! :angry:

Mac hates it when people "diss" or make refernce his youth!

Last edited by ClaireBear; 04-22-2004 at 10:17 PM..
04-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

I started going out with girls when I was 14.

I always knew that it wouldn't be serious. Right from the very first moment I knew. I guess I never really felt bad when they dumped me. In fact I remember one time when I was actually glad to be dumped so I could start going out with her hott friend!

And actually CB, I wasn't saying anything derogatory or condescending about Macs age. I was saying more about the fact that most people his age aren't looking for anything long term. It can freak a girl out if she is getting into anything serious when she didn't intend to. Trust me.

Last edited by Codek; 04-22-2004 at 10:21 PM..
04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

Well... ... Its different for girls... isn't it? I mean... 17 thats not too old is it?... is it?

I didn't date when I was younger because of what you just said... all the lads were just wanting to get laid!!!!

That.... and the fact I was in the top ability group, had braces and ecsma (spelling!)

And... girls do want serious D! It just depends on what you mean by serious... if serious is fumbling first time sex in a park behind a bush... then "NO!" we don't want "serious"

If its dates, parties, long talks, cuddles and kisses, laughs and fun... then at 14/15 we want serious!

Last edited by ClaireBear; 04-22-2004 at 10:25 PM..
04-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Well... ... Its different for girls... isn't it? I mean... 17 thats not too old is it?... is it?

I didn't date when I was younger because of what you just said... all the lads were just wanting to get laid!!!!

That.... and the fact I was in the top ability group, had braces and ecsma (spelling!)
Exactly. 15 year olds aren't quite the same as 18 or 20 year olds. It's not that big a difference in terms of time, but it is in maturity. Mac is ahead of time in terms of his maturity. He is a very mature person for his age. And that's unfortunate because he will probably be very alone in that. There are not many mature 15 year olds in the sea.
04-22-2004, 10:39 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

Hmmm...

I dunno about that... there are so many many images and idols out there for the younger generation to follow... when I taught in a secondary school as part of my Primary education degree... I saw a lot of what I called "faux maturity".

I pointed this out to a member of staff who managed PHSE and counselling and he agreed... a lot of the "more mature" kids could talk the talk and walk the walk but really they'd love nothing better than to be still playing with their plastic toy cars/dolls at 13 or playing footie/tag and bloc til its dark in the street when they're 15 rather than... drinking til they spew and having to hold their "girlfriend's/boyfriends" hand when out in the town on a Saturday!

Society has forced them in a false maturity through fashion media and the behaviour of public icons... they all feel the need to behave in a "mock adult" fashion... he (and a lot of other child psychologists) blame this for the huge rise in early teen depression.

Imagine constantly comparing yourself physically to those stupid American teen dramas (Dawson's Creek for one!) characters who are meant to be 15/16 and are played by 25!!! year old actors! Then look at the media's presentation of teens... all well dressed, loads of friends, money, banging each others brains out!!!! Such ideals are false... the stress of competing to be "NORMAL" must be monumental!!!

*CB steps off soap box*

Sorry... I have very strong views on this matter, as an educator I see the results... it ain't pretty.