Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

06-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

Awsome, your stories are sooo good Slpat. I'm glad that you may be writting another one.

06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Hey, NP, if you like my stories so much could ya try replyin to Splat? I still need one more reply.

06-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

Native Poser  (10)

Heh, already did.

06-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

And here it is, the final chapter. We’ve had highs and lows, laughs and tears, so on and so forth. So now, as the story closes to an end, I’ll close it to and end…
Chapter 15, The End of Freedom… (Oh, and look out for Al the Vykker’s special mention, so I can get him to get his gun off my neck, err, I mean so he can feel special!)

People who saw the 9 glukkons walk out of the royal conference hall could tell that a great decision had been made, and the fait of Isla Karna had been decided that day. But nobody, neither slig, vykker or glukkon could have guessed exactly how many creatures’ downfalls had been decided. Scrabs, Paramites, meeches, mudokons, gabbits, and more…

A day after he first heard of the mad slig, Akko returned home to his tiny, 3 roomed flat, at 10 o’clock. The sky was already dark and he was tired, especially after taking the stares up 12 stories because that flaming lift still wasn’t fixed!
He stumbled through the door and into the living room/dining room/bedroom. He made his way across the room, past the door to the bathroom and in to the kitchen. Funny, he thought he closed that window. Oh well, must have been mistaken.
He cooked himself some beans on toast, in the silent house. He heard the bathroom door creak open, blown by the wind, probably. Weird, he thought it was closed when he walked past before. Oh well, it had been dark.
He scraped the last of the beans on to the toast and walked in to the living room. He reached round the wall and felt for the light switch. As he felt, he almost screamed and dropped the plate! A cold, hard hand had grabbed his wrist is an almost steel grip! He was yanked round the wall, and almost bashed in to a slig, whose eyes seemed to blaze more… angrily, than any he’d seen. The slig twisted him, round and shoved him on to the bed. The slig leant over him and then kicked open the bathroom door and a terrified slog ran out.
“You get me a pair of bigger pants” (Akko glanced down and saw this slig was wearing a pair at least 2 sizes to small for it) “and a gun, and the slog is yours.”
That was all he wanted! But he wouldn’t loose out here. “All that for a slog, it’ll be more than that.”
“Ok,” hissed the slig and flung Akko to the floor, then drove the ball of his metal foot into Akko’s ribs, Akko Screamed in pain. “You get the slog, and your life.”
Akko had no doubt that this slig would kill him. So he directed him to the cupboard where he had a stolen pair of pants, and the gun he kept in the kitchen cupboard, “for self protection”. The slig took the stuff and left the flat, ran down stairs, and Akko watched him from the window, as he disappeared down a backstreet. Akko turned to make himself some more baked beans.

The next evening Nicou was returning to his bed. It had been a long day. There was a caution of a “mad slig” and people had been ordered to stay as close to home as possible, where there father took advantage of the situation by making the all work as hard as Raffe would. Nicou shuddered at the thought of Raffe.
“What you shuddering about?” Came a voice, out of the darkness. Nicou froze, hardly believing. Until Raffe leapt out of the shadows and pinned him to the ground. He was wearing a pair of brand new pants and brandishing the kind of gun a vykker would carry. “Thought you would blab on me, did ya?” Raffe raised the gun to Nicou’s heart…

Bigface stopped and stared down at the ground. The 7 young mudokons clustered round him sat and waited patiently for him to continue, till one asked impatiently, “And?”
Bigface jerked and looked up, as if he had forgotten that they were there.
“Well? What happens next? How does it end?”
Bigface stared at him for a few seconds before answering “What do they do they teach you in schools these day?”
“Well you’re our teache-” Began the kid, but Bigface interrupted him.
“I told you, this is a true story! That means it has no end. Abe’s part of it as our saviour, I’m part of it because I help him out; you’re part of it since he saved you. It will go on forever until the end of Oddworld! What do they teach you in these schools?”
“Ok then, what happens next?” Asked another of the kids.
“Not much. Nicou was killed, but the rest of the house heard and killed Raffe. The glukkons rallied a slig army, General Dratit became a military leader, his last descendent was Dripik, who Abe’s killed. Akko never got his fame back, his last descendent is a guy called Al who I think runs a forum on the Internet, or something like that.”
“Mica?”
“Who knows? After he was pushed in to the military he disappeared, like any other slig.”
“So that’s how it all happened.” Said Abe, thoughtfully, who had been listening from the window.
“Abe, come through the door.” Ordered Bigface, “if you try and back flip through the window to show off to the kids you’ll slip and break your arm.2
“Oh, er, alright.” Muttered Abe, looking embarrassed, while the kids stared at Bigface in awe.
“So after that the Glukkons just came in to Mudos and started capturing mudokons?” Asked Abe as he came through the door.
“Not quite, when they first attacked they just went around killing Mudokons, until they found that they could make money by forcing them make food and selling it right back to them.” Bigface paused again, then suddenly said, “and that’s about it. Now the next chapter will be written by just one single blue mudokon.”
Every head in the room turned to Abe. “Nice to know the future of our entire race rests on my shoulders.”

The End… Or the real beginning…
Well, it isn’t the end is it? But it isn’t really the beginning either, cause this was the beginning. So I guess that makes this…
The Middle…

Credits

Cast (in order of appearance)
Mica-himself
Raffe-himself
Nicou-himself
Scrat-himself
Mica’s father-himself
Slig extras-Crortak
Liddel
Spike
Slig-Bob
Delf
Jacobi
Kookyborna
Several others anonymous
Scream (of stage part)-the late Joe the intern
Akko-himself
Intern-The late Derek the intern
Vykker extras-Doyl
Crad
Manloy
Drano
Sikrah
Kanrorr
Mudokon hunters-Bill
Mike
Denny
Alfie
Makajia-himself
Sajilia-herself
The court of Micadil-unlisted
Micadil-himself
Narak-himself
Mazazazaza-himself
Langua-hiself
Tandera-himself (son of Makajia and Sajilia)
Slig judge-Gultran
Representatives of Odd’s domains:-Odd only knows!
Odd’s gatekeeper-I shudder to think!
Odd-His great and almighty self!
Abe as a baby-himself
Queen Tapadoka-herself
President Ted-himself
Security guards-anonymous
Hanarn-himself
Malk-hiself
2 Glukkons-Koran
Garanak
Supervisor-Sergeant Chronium
Gossiping Vykkers-Gilut
Torn
Balac
Trovern
Akko’s supervisor-Gornio
General Dratit-himself
Glukkon security guards-Anonymous
Bigface-himself
Persistent mudokon kid-Jacky
Interested mudokon kid-Nicky
Other mudokon kids-Rob
Tolly
Remus
Sabastian
Napen
Grown Abe-himself

Script
Splat

Director
Splat

Producer
Splat

In loving memory of my Dad. Wherever you are I hope it’s better than here!
Dedicated to all my fans, and all the people who made this story possible, and made a 14-year-old boy’s dream come true.

Coming in Autumn some time,
The quest for the Orb, a several part epic of a great quest. To transport the Orb, a metallicy green ball about the size of a tennis ball, from the hands of the Glukkons, safely in to the possession of mudokons, only this ball can save the mudokon race, if they succeed, the mudokons will be freed, if they fail… then may Odd have mercy on us all…

Last edited by Splat; 08-24-2003 at 04:31 AM..
06-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

Native Poser  (10)

Exelent ending Splat! That was great

06-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Bravo! ENCORE! ENCORE!

Anyways a great way to end a great story splat, and thanks for the mention in there. I am greatly honored to be a part of your story. Plus the way you did it fit well, and was a quick little insert.

Im looking forward to the followup, and also updates on Splat.

Once again, excellent work. Give your self a pat on the back you have earned it.

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 06-29-2003 at 08:09 PM..
07-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Splat

Thanks Al. Glad you enjoyed it. I've only got one more chapter so I'll be shutting down for summer pretty soon. Thanks for all your feedback and support. *sniff* it's what makes the job all worth while! *sniff*

07-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

I just read the ending. Your story was great!
I hope that your next story (And Splat) are just as sucsesfull!

07-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Splat

Splat will only be succesful if you reply to it.

07-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Sad Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Dat was the best story I haf ewer herrd....Sniff, Bbbbravo!

Huh, Tolly? Who's that? (wink, wink!)

Excellent ending!!!!!!!!!!

Great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splat, one more time, BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Good Job.
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

07-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Splat

Thanks Ghost, good to know an old replyer liked the ending. I am being really bad now, I've been off school for a whole week and I still haven't even opened word. Still, I'm still hoping for a few more replies here, but I'm on the verge of giving up, see ya all next Autumn!

07-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

im......... Speechless *faints*

08-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Splat

Sad

Thank you everybody, you don't know how much this means to me.
Unfortunately, due to problems beyond our control, the launch date of The Quest for the Orb, will be postponed, from the beggining of September, to somewhere in the first to thirds of October. Sorry .

Any of the following are suitable reactions:

08-24-2003, 03:02 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

*gasps loudly* Did it END?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~-------.......

*takes breath*

....~OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~---...

*takes breath*

Anyway... this was *sniffle* the best*hiccup* fan*hiccup*fic I've *sob* ever read... Than you Splat *sniffle, hiccup* for writing it... *sob*...

*walks away, waving the flag with the almighty red "S" on it*