Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

11-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Oddworld The Oddworld Story

Ok, I’m gonna write this story and, I’m just gonna write the introduction first so you can all tell me what you think. It’s basically about what happened before the Oddworld computer games and before Abe. Hundreds of years before when mudokons where still worshipping scrabs and paramites, and before sligs had even heard of legs. Now I know you’re probably getting bored now so I’ll just get on with the story.

Many years ago, before Abe, Oddworld was at peace. Most creatures had there own continents, some shared. Sligs, in there land of Sligos where helped get over there physical disability by there loyal slogs. Vykkers, who had already discovered the arts of physical and genetic experiments, did all there work on the only other creatures they knew - interns. Their screams of pain kept every one out of Vykos. Gabbits, though they had their own home of Gatos, they followed the rivers wherever they led, making them the most intelligent species to see more than 2 continents (in theory). Scrabs and paramites had once had there own continents but as the mudokons discovered them, the three continents, Mudos, Scros and Pamos, joined to become one. Many fuzzles, ratz and 3 or 4 almighty raisins appeared from a continent called Argos which is next to Gatos. The fuzzles settled in Gatos while the ratz went everywhere and the raisins moved to the now very large Mudos. Finally, the glukkons, there continent of glucose neighbouring Sligos and Mudos, laboured for 7 years to build a 7 inch wide, concrete wall round there land. They where the only creatures tall enough to look over, and they were slowly devoured by jealousy of the mudokons gigantic home.
Over all this watched great and powerful creatures. They could have prevented what happened but they were ordered by their master, Odd himself, not to interfere. And so, when a young weak slig found a chance to be better than his brothers, a group of vykkers found something new to experiment on, and the glukkons saw a chance to get back at the mudokons, Oddworld was changed forever…

What do ya think? It might get better, but the style will certainly change in chapter 1. It sounds a bit like something off Lord of the Rings doesn’t it? Well, send your replies and I’ll try to improve it.

11-24-2002, 09:35 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Happy Hmmm...

Not bad... Not bad at all. I believe that this will turn out very interesting... Keep writing !

11-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Arrow Chapter 1

Ok, Mr Red, your the only one whos sent me a reply so, chapter one is donated to you (I'll donate each chapter to someone else) and i hope its as good as you expected, tell me if you can see way for improvements. Now lets get on with the story, it starts in Sligos:

“Get out of the way, skinny.” Raffe barrelled past him, throwing him against the wall.
“Yeah, slimeball,” screeched nicou, whacking Mica with his tail as he passed.
Scrat ran past, ignoring his brother who was now plastered against the wall, blood trickling from his mouth.
Mica was the runt. The name for the smallest slig in the nest. Out of his 4 twin brothers, he was the smallest and weakest. Raffe was the biggest. Fathers favourite. Nicou was next, strong and determined to keep Raffe as his friend. Scrat was next, he, unlike the other two, didn’t hate Mica but he knew what would happen to him if Raffe caught him “fraternising with the enemy.”
Mica stumble in to the eating chamber where his brothers and father where already gathered round the low stone square that served as a table. He took his place between his father and Scrat and they began to eat, Scrat sneaking some of his meal on to Mica’s feeble plate. Mica, being the most useless, had the smallest meal, while the titanic Raffe had almost twice as much.
When they had almost finished breakfast, Their father turned to them. “Could one of you stay home today, I have a lot of work to do and Biggies still sick.” Biggy was, of coarse, their pet slog. Most grown sligs had one and Raffe was expecting one on his next birthday.
“I’ll help,” said Scrat immediately. If he didn’t his father would probably ask Raffe, who naturally, wouldn’t be allowed to refuse, when he’d rather be out doing other things.
“Me to,” called Mica.
“That’s alright son, I’ll do with just Scrat.”
“Yeah, you don’t want to strain yourself!” Snickered Raffe and he and Nicou laughed.
“Boys,” growled their father.
“Sorry father,” muttered Nicou, but Mica noticed they didn’t apologise to him.
Raffe and Nicou headed towards the den entrance together and left. Mica followed as far as the door, then waited a while before going out himself. He walked down to the sea and gazed out at a very distant island. He’d always wondered what was out there. When he was younger he had always dreamed of seeing it, and being there all alone, without the screams coming from the wood. Without his brothers.
Now he headed to the wood. It was in a dip, where the ground sloped suddenly lower, the trees started one meter lower than the ground next to it and went so high that at 11 o’clock in the morning you would be in shadow 10 meters away. He stood there, wondering what was in there that caused such horrific screams. His father had told him never to go in there. He couldn’t see how he could’ve if he’d wanted to. The trees were so close together and thick bushes grew to a meter above the floor.
He turned to head away from the boundary when he saw the last person he wanted to, charging towards him. Raffe, being shadowed by Nicou.
“Hi Mica” Raffe said, his eyes burning.
“What do you want?” Mica groaned.
“What’s that supposed to mean? We just wanted to see our little brother.”
“What ever your gonna do, just do it now and get it over with now.”
“Are you sure?”
The sooner you start, the sooner you finish.”
“Fine.”
Mica closed his eyes and waited. When he opened them again he saw Nicou charging towards him. He sat there waiting as Nicou got closer and closer. Then he noticed something else: Raffe was charging towards him to He closed his eyes again and thought to himself this is really going to hurt.
They hit him and he went flying backwards. He screamed in pain as his arm hit a tree trunk and the bones shattered.
“No, you idiot, you where to far left! He going inside!”
“I told you this wouldn’t work”
Mica landed on a bush and started rolling down over the low canopy of leaves, twigs and thorns. He kept rolling down until he hit the ground, broken arm first.
He looked up, over a grassy plain, then backed slowly in to the shadow of a gorse bush, as a scream echoed across the plain to his ears…

What dya think? Good? I did tell ya that it would be in a different style.

Last edited by Splat; 11-28-2002 at 07:54 AM..
12-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Nov 2002
: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
: 12
Flamer the red  (10)
Wired Nice Story

I'm not the best person to comment about Fan-Fiction, but this is very good, as are your other Fan-Fics.
Keep it up!

P.S.
Can I be in the story? Please?

Splat is my savior!

12-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Splat

Arrow Chapter 2

Ur, Mr Flamer,
I already explained at school that you would be in the sequel to the sequel of Splat (my other current fanfic) but if you cant wait that long, write your own story about it. You know, past, freak experiment, life story, time as a slave labourer and so on.
Anyway, I just thought I should mention that these characters are all crawling sligs due to the fact that pants aren’t actually invented yet because vykkers haven’t even heard of sligs!
Any way, chapter 2 is donated to Flamer because hes my best mate…

Mica was terrified. He was lost, scared and sure that his own screams would soon be echoing through the forest in to Sligos.
He backed even deeper in to the bush as another scream reached his ears, his broken arm (see last chapter if you’ve forgotten) dragging on the ground. It was then that he felt a rope tighten around his shattered wrist and jerk him in to the air. He screamed with pain as all his weight pulled apart the nerves, muscles and blood vessels in his arm…

Akko jerked, and so did his scalpel, rupturing the interns heart. He paid no attention. He peered over the grass. He had heard a scream. Far louder and higher than the interns. And stranger still, it came from the hillside forest, not from deeper in the plain.
He tried to listen for the noise again but everything was drowned out by the screaming intern. He jammed the scalpel through its head to silence it. Then he listened again. He could still hear it clearly.
He turned to his surgery assistants (all vykkers as most test subjects were the interns that they use now) who were all staring across the plain in the direction of the screaming. He barked his orders, “Sikrah, go tell Micadil that I’m bringing him something new to examine. The rest of you, come with me…

Mica was consumed by pain. It was unbearable. Constant, burning, merciless pain was coursing from his arm and round his body. His eyes where filled with tears and he couldn’t see. He couldn’t stop screaming. His instincts said don’t stop, and he didn’t. His arm was being ripped apart and everything he tried to lessen the pain only made it worse. He was being consumed totally. He was literally going blind. He could barely hear his own screams. He could barely feel himself brushing against the branches of the trees. Could barely feel the rope round his wrist. All he could feel was the pain flowing from his arm.
He was now totally blind. All he could make out of his own screams was a very distant mumbling. He could barely feel anything through the pain. He could barely feel the stress leaving his arm. Could barely feel himself hitting the ground, or feel being slung on to the back of some strange creature, before everything went blank…

A beam of light hit Mica’s face. He tried to go back to sleep. He didn’t want to face his brothers again. But then he remembered. He opened his eyes and looked straight forward. That was down. All he could see was gravel and to strange feet. He tried to move but his body was completely limp.
He tried to remember what had happened. He remembered falling. Then he was flying. No! that was part of a dream he’d had when unconscious. He had fallen, right through the earth, NO! That was a dream too. He’d fallen, then… … … … something had picked him up! Yes, he was sure now. He tried to move again but could only move his eyes. He looked around. He was in some large metal city. He couldn’t see much else but he could tell he was being carried by someone. He was partially aware of something holding on to his tail. He tried to speak but all that came out was a dry rasp.
But then a head poked into his line of vision. It was the most ugly head he’d ever seen. It did what he supposed was a smile. “Ah, your awake,” it said, “I was beginning to think you where dead, but no! I’m rich! And a top promotion! Once you’re examined, internally and externally, I’ll be made a chief scientist! I may even get a home in this city! …

What are they gonna do? Will he really live? What’s happinin to his brothers, find out the answers to some of these questions in chapter 3…

12-06-2002, 11:49 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

Oh, wow! A total chapter dedicated to me? Oh you shouldn't have. Anyway, I liked it. You're a really great writer, ya know... Keep it coming!

12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Splat

Exclamation

AHHHRRGG, PC, FADING, GIVING OFF SMOKE! CANT WRITE NEXT CHAPTER!

*Gasps, screams!*

Sorry!

12-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Splat

Sad

Ok, no one seems to be reading this fic any more but i'll right the next chapter anyway. OK, Micas been caught, he’s somewhere in the middle of a city with a wacko vykker who wants to decapitate him and he doesn’t know where he is, chapter 3’s dedicated to Mac the Janitor because hes a great writer and he was the one who first told me hoeto post a story. And now, after getting you all scared about Mica, I’m homin in on his bros, Raffe and Nicou, so get over it!!!

Nicou watched in horror as his little brother tumbled in to the forest, but his thoughts where interrupted by Raffe, screaming at him: “You idiot, I told you to aim further right.”
It was you with the bad aim, and anyway, it was your idea!” he screeched back.
“I ain’t gettin in trouble for it, and don’t bother tellin anyone about this, or you’ll know what’ll happen.” Raffe flashed his unnaturally long claws. “Come on, let’s get down to the Trigger before anyone sees us, and we can say we haven’t seen him.”
Sligos is, for some reason, shaped like a gun. They where, at the moment, in the handle base - the bottom of the handle.
They were about to leave when a scream echoed up from the forest. “We have to save him,” cried Nicou and tried to fling himself in to the forest.
Raffe grabbed him, “Stop, you can’t go in there, you’ll be killed.”
“So will he!”
“Better him than us!”
“At that moment, another scream rose up, sounding much closer than usual. Before any other slig could recognise it, another, more distant scream mingled with it. Raffe grabbed on to Nicou’s tail and dragged him away, in to the Mid-barrel.
They stayed in a tiny alcove for a few hours, Nicou looking really worried and Raffe trying to calm him down with words such as “Its alright, he was just a waste of space,” and “no one knows so we’ll be fine.” Nicou wasn’t comforted.
It was five hours after Mica had been thrown in to the forest when Scrat ran out of the cave, having finished helping his Father, ran to find his older brothers. He eventually found them in the alcove where he saw Nicou looking like he’d committed murder!
“What’s wrong Nicou?” He asked, then, after hearing the stuttered answer, told Raffe to tell him how Mica had fallen in to the forest and how this turned Nicou in to a quivering wreck! Raffe poured out the story and Scrat wished he hadn’t asked!!!
“You have to tell Dad!” He said.
”No way, he’ll kill me!” Raffe gasped.
“Well I’m just gonna have to tell him.”
“Then I’ll kill you!!!”
Scrat got the idea. “Ok, so I won’t tell him, but someone should.” He said, glancing at Nicou.
“If you’re thinking of me, don’t even try it!” Growled Raffe.
So they didn’t tell anyone. They stayed there for the rest of the day, until they had to go home. When they got back, the first thing that happened was that Nicou got sent to bed, there father was sure he was ill. Why else would he be shivering like he’d committed murder?!
An hour later Raffe and Scrat where sent out to look for Mica.
“What are we gonna do?” Cried Scrat!
“Shut up, he’ll hear you!”
“But we have to tell him some thing!”
“I’ve got an idea. That tooth you knocked out of Biggie? Go get it. And get one of those bands Mica wears. Meet me in the alcove in 30 minutes.”
So 30 minutes later, they met in the cove, Scrat with the band and tooth, Raffe with a pile of slig bones. “What are those for?” Scrat asked.
“Duh, a slog tooth, something belonging to Mica and a pile of chewed, bitten and broken bones; where faking Mica’s death!!!”
“But…” Scrat didn’t know what to say. Raffe picked up a rock and started bashing the bones.
“Well, are ya gonna help or not?!”
A couple of hours later, their father saw them coming in with some severally damaged bones, a slog tooth, and a blood-stained wrist band.

Nicou dragged himself down stairs. He had stayed home because their father had thought he still looked sick. But he couldn’t bare it any more. He entered the eating chamber.
His father looked up. “What is it son?”
A few seconds later, a shout echoed across Oddworld and the whole island heard it:

“RAFFE!!!!”

Birds shot up from every tree on this side of the island. In Glucose, every glukkon jumped and fell over. All over Vykos, interns where slaughtered as vykkers jumped, and jerked their scalpels. And, in the tail of ancient Pamos, the furthest part of Mudos from Sligos, a group of Mudokons had their sneak attack on a herd of paramites ruined when all the paramites jerked at the noise and looked up, only to see the points of spears and arrows, poking out of the bushes. In case you didn’t guess, their father was angry!!!

What’ll happen to Raffe? Is Mica alive? What’ll happen to the other brothers? Find out the answers to some of these questions, in the exiting conclusion to chapter 3, CHAPTER 4!

01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

This is another good story just like Splat. I also enjoy the length of your chapters, it makes you want to keep reading in that way. Along with a good plotline, and if you develop the characters throughout the story this will be another memorable story. Pity for the people who only take time to read a few popular ones. But no worries about this trust me. My stories were quite good, just I never had a lot of different people read them which I always wanted so dont worry. Once the contests get up and running, the fan fiction winners will be posted in a sort of Archive in FC, so they will always be around to be seen. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see an update soon along with Splat if you still are working on that story too.

-Sincerely Al the Vykker FC Mod
01-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Splat

I'm workin at them both, but Splat will move faster because ive already written the first 13 or so chapters. The next chapter will come soon.

01-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)

............wri.......wri..............wri............WRITE..........
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

01-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Splat

Well, right now im unable to write cause microsoft word's not workin to well. And ive lost my touch. I deleted the last chapter i tried to write cause it was so rubbish so give me time to think up a good version of this chapter and then i'll write.

01-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

: Atlanta, Georgia
: 76
Shadestorm  (10)
Happy Rather Good!

Loved the story. Shame that you won't develop it farther because I was pretty dissapointed that it ended when it did.
You have a writing style that causes people to want to read farther.

I only wanted to mention though that how would the sligs know that their continent is shaped like a gun? Unless it were really small, it would be hard to tell if something were shaped like a trigger. Therefor they wouldn't be calling it by that name.

Just a small technicality I wanted to point out.

Keep it up! I will also go check out your other story 'cause it sounds good.

Cya later!

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

01-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Splat

Well, they have been living here for a few thoasand years. They inhabited it about 13007BA (before Abe ).
Anyway, youve asked for it, so Ghost, this chapters to you for responding to my PM return. A nice shiny new chapter is awaitin you and to see it, all you have to do is look down!

Chapter 4.
Mica looked around with his eyes. He was still totally paralysed. He was also totally numb all over except for a tingly, itchy pain all over his body. His sight and hearing where fuzzy and his head felt light. He wasn’t sure if this was from being held upside down for so long or from the pain of being held up from a broken arm for so long.
He looked up at the building the vykkers had stopped by. The one who had spoken to him had explained a lot to him. They where scientists. The sort of mad scientists you read about in stories like Francelinstirein, Mica had thought when he heard about the sorts of experiments they did. The trap he’d fallen in to was for any creature that happened to be walking past, especially escaped interns, the only other creature on Vykos.
They had walked for maybe half an hour until they stopped in front of a massive building decorated in strange patterns.
“welcome to the court of President Micadil!” The vykker announced proudly.

Mean while, miles away, yet at the same time, very close, a strange creature watched the events. It would be impossible to describe it because it seemed to be made up of every creature on Oddworld. Not just the ones on Isla Karna (the island which contains Mudos and alone has the same land-mass of Earth) but all of them, all of 1276 similar sized islands! Its shape seemed to be constantly changing shape to fit in all the parts but it was always the same shape. It appeared to be a different combination of creatures, depending on what angle you looked at it from!
It was obviously troubled. He had been assigned guardian of Isla Karna by Odd, his almighty self but he was worried. The boundary lines had been crossed and, though only by one tiny slig, it had information that could destroy Oddworld’s whole natural balance.
A second of the creatures entered and looked him. “where is he now Makajia?” (this is the closest me could possibly get to his real name. The real thing would be unpronounceable to any lower creature and would literally drive you nuts as you tried to pronounce it. It would become an addiction that you wouldn’t be able to escape!)
Makajia jumped. “Oh, sorry. He’s at the palace of Micadil.”
But that could mean…”
“Yes Sajilia, it could. I tried what I could but Mica is too strong. Any normal creature would be dead or nuts. I even uttered my name to him several times but he blocked it out. We will have to take him to Odd almighty.”
“I’ll come with you then.” Sajilia replied. Her proper name would have the same affect as his. ”I am yet to see Odd and last time you said he said he would like to see me.” She paused “unless he’s changed his mind.” She sounded sad but Makajia laughed.
“Odd almighty never changes his mind. Our son can watch Vykos and Sligos while we are gone.”

Meanwhile Mica was carried in to the building. The walls where decorated in bright colours that made him feel queasy! He was eventually carried in to a gigantic hall. From the front of the room he heard a voice that bristled with authority:
“Akko, head scientist of the Scikelian plain, city status, 1st class researcher, rank, 5 and discoverer of the intern gallbladder, you have sent a message reporting of a new species you have discovered. Please report of where it was found.”
“At the edge of the Scikelian forest.”
“And please produce a living specimen of this species.”
Mica was thrown to the floor and he slid through several rows of feet. He looked up to where he could just make out the hazy outline of a large crome throne, on which sat another vykker. “That.” He heard Akko say!

What’ll happen to Mica? What’ll happen to Raffe? What’ll happen to Makajia and Sajilia? What’ll happen to Akko? Where is an interns gallbladder? Find out the answers to some of these questions in our next exiting instalment, CHAPTER 5! (Ooooh! Chapter fiiiiivvvee!)

Last edited by Splat; 02-13-2003 at 11:06 AM..
01-26-2003, 05:09 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)
Happy

Phew, it took me a while to read the whole fic.
It's kinda long if you haven't noticed !

You're getting better all the time Splat.
Good job!

01-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Splat

At last!

My Pc's been playin up a lot so its taken me a while to get here! but pacience pays off! Welcome to a new chapter! I would like to call this chapter, chapter 5, and its dedicated to our wonderful fan corner fan fiction moderator, Al the Vykker.
Well, are you ready to discover what happens next, and delve in to the less-ancient-than-you-may-think past of Oddworld? Well then, here we go,

Macadil, vykker president, looked down at the tiny creature below his throne. It was pitiful! It didn’t even have legs! Something had gone seriously wrong with the evolution of this species! But its arms looked quite strong. He looked at it more closely. It appeared to be barely conscious and one arm was broken!
“Akko,” he snapped, “what happened to it?”
“I think it must have broken its arm as it fell through the forest. It was caught in one of Landre’s traps. It was dangling by its broken arm. I think the pain almost killed it!”
“Narak, get some R. A. P. U. medicine for it. I want to talk to it, find out what its people are like before I dissect it.”

Mica had been faintly aware of the vykker in front of him talking to Akko. Then he felt one walk past him. The vykkers talked as bit more and then he felt some liquid being poured in to his mouth. It tasted cool and refreshing in his mouth. He swallowed it eagerly. Then he felt a weird feeling in his stomach. Like a volcano going off in his gut! He tried to cry out but his throat filled with hot liquid! It started to solidify in his throat! If his vocal chords hadn’t been stuck he would have been screaming! He couldn’t breath! It was horrible! Suddenly, the stuff in his throat seemed to shatter and pour down into his stomach. He felt like his insides where on fire! Then suddenly, the pain was gone, and he felt more alert and wide awake than he ever had in his life! He gasped and looked up. He could easily make out the vykker, dangled with necklaces and bracelets, with a golden glove on each hand! It stared down at him then announcing sourly,
“I am president Micadil, ruler of the continent, Vykkos. You have been caught trespassing at the edge of the Scikelian forest. May I please have your name, species, and the name of the continent you are from.”
Mica was amazed. How could anyone say so much in so short a time and keep their voice so strict and formal! He stuttered, “Urrrhh!”
“Is that your name? Ok, Urrrhh, could you please answer the other questions?” A quiet and rather forced chuckle edged its way around the room uncomfortably.
“My name is Mica, I’m a slig, and I come from a continent called Sligos.” Answered Mica, dryly. “And if you are gonna dissect me, could ya hurry up and get it over with cause my life’s been bad enough as it is!”
An uncomfortable and surprised murmur ran round the room. “Sorry, but there are things we must talk about before we get down to business. Like why you where trespassing in the Scikelian forest. I trust this Sligos is on the other side?”
“Yeah.”
“Then why did you trespass through? None other of your species has ever felt the urge to before.”
“Because I was pushed.”
An even more uncomfortable and surprised, and much louder murmur wandered round the line of vykkers round the edge of the room. “What! By whom, may I ask?”
“My brothers.”
Every vykker in the room gasped and several fainted, one looked like he was having an asthma attack! “YOUR BROTHERS!” Roared Micadil! “ASSAULT ON A FAMILY MEMBER IS A LEVEL 8 OFFENCE! Unless, have you in any way, upset or shamed your brothers?”
“Not unless you count being the runt of the nest shameful.” Replied Mica dryly.
This wasn’t a term used by vykkers but they got the gist of it. “THAT’S IT THEN! WE SHALL ARRANGE A FITTING PUNISHMENT! First things first, Have Landre punished fittingly for his attack. Setting traps for people like this slig.” Akko’s face dropped and he started edging towards the door! ”Punish whoever it was who chose to give him the XXXXXXXX R. A. P. U. potion on him.” Akko started moving more quickly towards the door. “Oh, and, have Akko demoted for poorly treating this creature. You are now a simple lab assistant in the bionac plains.” (a lab assistant is basically what an intern is today!)
“Mazazazaza, I remember an old project you did for legs for injured vykkers. Well, try and build a pair suitable for a slig. And Langua, build him a suitable weapon. A gun if you can manage one. And a buzz saw. It’ll be hard work getting through those trees.”
Mica realised that his life was about to get better!

What is the punishment for assault on a brother? What sort of punishments will Micadil come up with? What does R. A. P. U. stand for? Who came up with the name, Mazazazaza? Find out the answer to some of these questions when we meet up with Mica again, in chapter 6!

01-28-2003, 06:21 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Yay! finally a new chapter!

Go splat!
rock band, jazz band,

01-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Tori
Fuzzle

: in the middle of nowhere with my dog courage
: 128
Tori  (10)

WONDERFULL great typing you should write more often.

( I mean it)

01-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Splat

Havnt got a new one ready yet. Didnt realise ide already posted chapter 6 and my PCs been going wrong. Sorry!

02-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Splat

Who would have thought that vykkers would have such tight family groups! They all went nuts when they found out about Mica being attacked by his brothers! Now they’re making him a gun! And the first ever pair of pants is about to be created! A historical chapter dedicated to So FrEaKiN oDd becase he's a great member and writer and he's feelin depressed cause know one's readin his stories (hint, hint) and he's planning on packing up and leaving . Now lets get on with chapter 6: the dawning of a knew day!

Mazazazaza lifted Mica in to a seat made of leather belts. He tightened the bottom one that covered the tip of Mica’s tail. “Is that to tight?” He asked.
“No, it’s fine,” Mica replied.
Mazazazaza continued to tighten the belts till they came up to Mica’s waist. When they where all well-fitted he was about to lift him out, when Langua brought in a hollow metal tube. Supporting the end, he showed Mica how to hold it. Then he let go. Mica had to lower it at once. “Wait a minute,” Langua said and opened a cap on the end and tipped out a few small stones. “You have to be able to hold it erect comfortably.” He let go again and Mica struggled to hold it upright. He was uncomfortably sure that Raffe could have lifted 3 of these things above his head with only one hand. Langua took out a few more stones and Mica found he could easily lift it up to shoulder height.
Mica had actually regained consciousness after being caught in the trap the morning of the next day and about midday the whole of Vykkos heard the cry:
“RAFFE!”
Mica wasn’t sure how to feel about this. Raffe would get punished now, but Mica felt it was wrong. Somehow, he felt that the punishment Raffe would now get wasn’t the right one. Maybe Mica felt he was supposed to give it himself, or that it would not be enough, like it would only be for the attack at the forests edge, instead of for all his years of torture. And what about Nicou? What was happening to him?
Later that day Mazazazaza made him have an X-ray of his waist to see where nerves would have to be attached to work the pants. Mazazazaza was surprised to find their where already nerves in Mica’s waist that would allow him to use legs. Obviously evolution was about to give the species legs, or had just taken them away.
Langua had made another tube, and wanted to test it on Mica again, this one made of metal. It was really light and Mica could have held two. Langua was very pleased and looked like he’d just discovered a metal that weighed less than half its mass in steel! He muttered something about telling Micadil and ran off. Another vykker explained that he’d just discovered a metal that weighed less than half its mass in steel!
Mica went to sleep that night feeling that he and Raffe had just switched bodies! He felt like every problem he’d ever had had suddenly vanished in to thin air.

Meanwhile though, someone watched the scene and was slightly more worried. Slightly more worried as in he felt like there was an almighty grape in his stomach, not that he had a stomach! Makajia knew that he would now definitely have to see Odd. If vykkers and sligs where to interact… And if glukkons saw the chance… He didn’t know what evil greed had possessed this poor species, but he knew that it would cause a lot of trouble if it saw the opportunity!
“Are we going then?” Asked his wife. She sounded sad at the troubles of their land but she still couldn’t hide her excitement of actually seeing Odd!
“We haven’t got a choice Sajilia. If the sligs see the possibilities, they won’t hesitate. Pants ’ll spread all over Sligos. Then glukkons will see and use the information to enslave the mudokons. In just a millennium, the whole species will be enslaved. We’ll leave Tandera in charge.”
“Are you sure our son is ready?”
“We have to go. He can call us back if things get really bad. And I’ll tell him to keep us updated on what happens. It’ll be fine with Odd, you’ll see.”
“I hope your right.” Came Sajilia’s response…

What is Odd’s palace like? What has happened to Raffe? Was Nicou hurt when his father shouted down his earhole? What’ll happen next to Mica? Find out the answers too probably a disappointing amount of these questions when we meet up again at the social event of the century, CHAPTER (counts on fingers) 7!

Note: If you would like your own chapter please send a stamped adressed PM to
Splat's inbox,
Splat's user CP,
oddworld forums,
The internet.
Only one Chapter per person and you must have given feed back or sent me threats of deleting my account or be a really important member or friend to receive one. offer ends when i finish writing this story.

Last edited by Splat; 02-16-2003 at 01:17 PM..
02-19-2003, 02:44 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)
Happy Yay!

Great going man!
Your fic is totally awesome^_____^
Go Splat!! *waves a little red flag with the letter "S" on it*

:P

02-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Splat

Sorry, no new chapter yet.
Had this really long history project on " trains impact on Britain !"
For goodness sake, no one cares! Whats the point?!
Oh well, i'll get a new chapter as soon as i have the time.

02-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

As tomas the tank engine once said,

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!"
rock band, jazz band,

03-02-2003, 09:26 AM
Splat

I’m sure you’ve waited long enough (I know I have!) so I’ll tell you some of what you wanna know… Anyway, I dedicate this chapter to Tori because she replied to Splat, she has made some interesting points on other posts, and because no one has replied to my "buy a chapter" ad. But now, join me as we travel deep in to the depths of the unknown. We go now to join Scrat, as we find out what happened to Raffe, and what happened after that, all in chapter 7, christened, What happened to Raffe and what happened after that…

Scrat and his father sat in the front row as Raffe’s sentence was read out:
“You have been found guilty possible and probable murder. The sentence: Banishment to the Demonicul waste plains.” The judge turned to face Nicou. “you have been found guilty of possible and probable manslaughter [the crime of accidentally killing someone]. The sentence: a 17 hour hanging.
This wasn’t as bad as it sounds. A hanging simply meant dangling the victim in the air by his tail. This caused the victim to become light headed and drowsy as the blood rushed to there head. Then they would be prodded with sticks to keep them awake! 17 hours was a long and uncomfortable sentence.
Now that the decision had been made people began to wonder away from the outdoor podium. Some stayed, including Scrat and his father, to watch Nicou’s sentence and to watch Raffe being dragged away. He was thrown in to a cart pulled by slogs and lead away. Once they got to the edge of the plains the ropes attaching the slogs to the cart would be partially cut. Then the slogs would be made to run forward until the damaged ropes split and the cart fell open. Then the slogs would turn around and run back. The prisoner would be left to fight his way out of the cart and left to wonder aimlessly around the plains for the rest of his life.
Scrat’s father left quite soon but Scrat stayed behind to watch Nicou.
“you did the right thing, Nicou,” Scrat told him. “One of us should have said something and I’m ashamed it wasn’t me. I suppose you don’t feel like that much now.”
“Anything’s better than living with all that guilt for the rest of my life.”
Scrat smiled weakly. “Well, at least Mica’s funeral will take place in the right place.”
Nicou looked down at his younger brother. “I just wish it wasn’t to late to say I’m sorry for all those years. But I was so scared of Raffe.”
“We all were.” Replied Scrat.

Makajia and Sajilia walked in to Odd’s temple. Sajilia gazed around in awe. The walls where made of lemon yellow and blood red… stuff! The floor was a rich-purple marble. The ceiling was golden with an amazing picture that represented Odd’s power and everything he ruled over, carved in and marked out with silver and jewels.
A long red carpet ran down the centre of the room, up a stair case, and up to the glimmering waterfall at the back of the room, which fed the two streams that curved majestically to gaps either side of the door.
And along the room sat the biggest variety of creatures that Sajilia had ever seen.
“representatives of Odd’s domains,” muttered Makajia.
Sajilia continued to stare. The only creatures she recognised where the almighty grapes: Giant green or purple creatures with perfectly smooth skin and a face just like their raisin-children. And compared to the raisins, if an almighty raisin was the size of an adult mouse, these things were full grown St Bernard dogs!
The other creatures ranged from tiny creatures, no bigger than a mudokon fingernail, to other things with large hands with three large fingers, giant masses of vine-like tentacles with a grey-rimmed mouth in the middle, mighty dragons similar to the ones to the north of Oddworld, more creatures than are imaginable!
And at the far end of the room, standing in front of the waterfall, was a creature in a brown cloak, with a hood that completely hid its face. The cloaks sleeves were to long and hid its hands, the cloak trailed on the ground, hiding its feet. In fact, the only visible part was it’s the cloak, there was no sign of flesh anywhere, not even gleaming lights of its eyes from inside.
Makajia walked up to this strange being and Sajilia followed. She found her self standing in the stream with her feet wet as Makajia spoke to the creature.
“Our country is heading in to dark times. We need Odd’s help.”
“Very well. You may enter.” Its voice seemed as if it weren’t real. It came out as a strange hiss that seemed to split up in to several sounds at once as it left the creatures mouth. But not in a musical way, in a dry, rasping way that sent shivers down Sajilia’s spine.
“Come on,” whispered Makajia.
“To where?” Sajilia replied, confused.
Makajia didn’t reply, but walked strait in to the waterfall and disappeared through. Sajilia hesitated, glanced at the cloaked thing, then followed.

What is Odd’s throne room like? What is Odd like? What is happenin to Mica? Is this the end for Raffe? Is my story suddenly gonna become really cheesy? Will anyone reply to my chapter dedication request? Find out in the next exiting instalment, chapter 8!

Last edited by Splat; 12-30-2008 at 05:50 AM..
03-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

memememememememeememememeemMEEEE!

ME!

isat good enough?

This story is great!!!!!!!!
rock band, jazz band,

03-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Splat

Ok, I don't have a clue what ghost is going on about but, I'm pretty sure that he was just trying to get me to post the next chapter. I have already written it so i can tell you it is the longest yet...

The thing is, i still need someone to dedicate this chapter to, so I'll just repost my ad.

If YOU want a Splat's special edition chapter dedicated to your name then send a PM stating your name and why YOU think you deserve a chapter. Remember these 2 rules,
1)You MUST post a reply to this story BEFORE you apply for a chapter.
2)Only 1 post per boy/girl/thing in between.

Send your PM's to
Splat's inbox,
Splat's user CP
Oddworld forums
The internet.

In the mean time, the hour has come! We will finally get to see Odd through Sajilia’s eyes. The time is here at last but before we hurry on I will dedicate this ludicrously long chapter to Kaimana because it's the first member's name who hasn't already had one that popped in to my head. But now, finally, the time has come! To meet Odd.
I christen chapter 8, “Odd at last!”
It’s what you’ve all been waitin for, so, ignoring Oddworld Story fashion, we go exactly where you want to, Odd’s palace, and the mysterious waterfall…

Into the waterfall! Sajilia bowed her head as she struggled forward. The water was freezing and fell so heavily that it was almost like walking through a brick wall! She held her wings above her head to shelter herself (remember, she is made up of bits of every creature on Oddworld (even though she only rules the island containing Mudos, Sligos, ect.) and there are dragons on Oddworld). The wings seemed to fold out of nowhere but they were still strong and held up the downpour so she could keep her head up. She trudged through the ankle-deep water. Every step she took had to leave the shelter of her wings and she couldn’t see where she was placing it through the thick sheets of water. She wouldn’t see if it went out in to a void, on to a step, if it was going to suddenly hit a wall or even if it was going to poke out of the far end of the waterfall. So she was a bit shocked when her foot hit a step upwards and lifted out of the water as she raised it to get over the step, and on to dry ground outside the waterfall when she lifted it on to the top of the step.
She followed her foot and lowered her wings as she pulled herself up. Then she immediately shot her wings back up to shield her face as she was hit by a blinding light! As her eyes slowly became accustomed to the glow she could make out the outline of a figure, standing. As her eyes grew stronger she could make out simple clothes, and she suddenly realised, it was from him that the light was radiating! She started to be able to make out the details on his… her… it’s clothes and skin. Lines, creases, scars. Surely this must be Odd himself! But Sajilia still couldn’t make out his face. She took a step forward, trying to see him butter, but as she did she suddenly felt weak
She dropped to her knees and a wave of pure love and warmth washed over her. She felt weak, but she knew she would be safe, no matter what happened to her, as long as this great being was still there, watching her. She tried to look up at him but was hit by a wave of peace that made her sink to the ground. She felt that all her troubles where washed away and that this great being would protect her, no matter what she or anyone else did. Then she was hit by a gigantic wave of power so strong that her body trembled. She felt herself being lifted away from the ground, but not as in dragged away, but so strong and powerful that she just floated. She knew that she was feeling just a small part of Odd’s power. A power that could watch over millions, no billions of planets at once, create planets with the perfect environments and resources to breed intelligent life, to create that life starting with nothing but… well, nothing!
She felt a bond grow with Odd then, she felt his emotions, his love for all things that drew breath, his sadness when people disobeyed, ignored, or forgot about him. His amazing forgiveness that could give mercy to someone who had murdered billions and billions of people! She felt there bond strengthen and she saw his sadness for her and her husband who had to see there islands downfall, his sadness for the poor corrupted glukkons, who had once started out as peaceful scavengers but now hated and despised mudokons. His sadness for the vykkers, who’s quest for knowledge lead them to harm other species, and his mercy and pity for the interns, who’d fallen pray to their experimentation.
She was suddenly flooded with a manic, uncontrollable energy, her body shook and her limbs screamed, desperately trying to burn off the excess energy. She felt like she would pass out if she couldn’t get it out of her system quickly, and she suddenly realised she was glowing in splendour like Odd was. And then she opened her eyes.
She looked around. She could see around, inside, through everything. She looked back through the waterfall and saw the creatures out there. Not only that, she saw the names of all the planets the creatures were from: Oddworld, Redawl, Menodaarl... And the names of the creatures: Almighty Grape, Leatherdak, Jubba-Jubba... And then her eyes rested on the door keeper. A beautiful creature that for some reason, kept itself hidden, and made it’s strong sweet voice sound weak, hard and raspy.
And slowly, she felt the energy slowly escape her body. And she suddenly collapsed, totally drained of all energy she had had. She was faintly aware of being dragged back through the waterfall, with strong wings sheltering her face from the mighty downpour. Faintly aware of being dragged through a door to the side of the waterfall, and faintly aware of being laid on a soft mattress while something warm was poured down her throat.
And slowly, she felt her energy return. And when it did, she looked up in to the angry and disappointed face of her husband.
“He said we shouldn’t do anything.” He said, angrily. “He said something about it not being time, and about someone needing to learn a lesson.”
Sajilia looked in to the sad eyes of her husband, and felt pity, and also the shared disappointment. But deep down inside, she felt like she new why Odd had said this.

What is Odd waiting for? What’s happening back on the island? What’s happening to mica and his bro’s? Why was this chapter so Bloomin long? Find out the answer to some of these questions in the exiting sequel to chapter 8, chapter 9!

Last edited by Splat; 12-30-2008 at 05:41 AM..
04-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Splat

*Splat comes in and paces around the room, then turns to face the audience to do his speaking part*

I've tried to be patient,
I've tried to be kind.
Can ya tell me what the trouble is?
Am I loosin my mind?

Now, I didn't ask for much,
I didn't ask you to make pigs fly,
Didn't ask you to part the waters,
I just waned ya to reply!

I gave ya secrets,
a gave ya chapters,
I let ya read my story!
And this is how you repay me?
Cumon, guyz,
Dya think that's funny!

Well, now at last,
Your fate is sealed,
Your payin for your crime!
But to show you what kind of guy
I am,
I'll ask you one more time:

Will you? Or will you not?
Reply, to the story!

*Exit stage right*

(And screw the dedication thing, from now on, NOBODY gets a chapter!)

04-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

Sad

I'm sorry...............I'm so sorry.......sniff....sniff.........Waaaaahaaah
rock band, jazz band,

04-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)
Happy

You have a good story going for you, don't stop now!
04-12-2003, 06:06 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)
Tut, tut, tut Splatty!

Now, now, don't get upset when ppl don't reply your stories...-- *waves finger* that doesn't mean that they would have forgotten about you.
Keep that in mind !!

Anyway,
your fic is as great as ever. Keep writing.
I love to read your stories!

-Red Muse