09-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Potential...

*Setting: The 9 year old, Orkhid child sat intently on the green, leather sofa awaiting his uncle to bring him his tea. His hair was a dark, dark red with hints of black mixed in. His eyes green and his skin a light tone of pink. He wore his, light blue, pjama's and fiddled with the bright red buttons of his shirt. Casting his eyeline to the doorless kitchen he sighed, his stomach rumbling gently as he did so. Slowly pushing himself off the sofa he jumped to his, bare, feet and quickly scittered to the kitchen. Wanting atleast a snack, if not his tea. As he stepped onto the black and grey tiled floor and walked to one of the cupboards were the cereal was kept his uncle spoke, stopping him in his tracks.*

Uncle: "Where do you think you're going?"

His uncle had jet black hair which was starting to thin at the top of his head and a slightly chubby face. His eyes were dark brown and his skin was slightly tanned. He had just returned from work and was thus still clothed in his black Army uniform. Turning to the counter in which his uncle was situated behind, chopping up bits of Fish, he replied.

Child: "I'm getting some cereal. I'm hungry and you're taking ages..."

Rubbing his hand across his head his uncle nodded gently and then waved effortlessly towards the small cupboard.

Uncle: "Go on then, don't eat loads though...it'll spoil your, actual, tea."

The child nodded and slowly opened the cupboard door, he then scanned the packets of cereal that he could choose from and quickly picked the one that appealed the most. A box of 'Choc-Chops'. Bringing them out he then wandered over to were the plates and dishes were kept and brought a large dish. Setting the dish down on one of the other white countertops he attempted to pour the contents of the cereal into the dish, steadily doing so, so that he didn't make a mess. As he did this his uncle sorted the Fish out by putting the small chunks in a round, black pan and then held that over the flames of one of the grills. Wiggling the pan around so that the Fish all went somewhere were they would cook evenly.

Uncle: "Didn't your parents ever want modern appliances?!"

He said this as he tried to sort out the gas oven which he was cooking on. Placing the packet of cereal down the child sniffled and turned to his uncle who immediatly responded.

Uncle: "Oh, Zeke. I'm sorry..."

He placed the pan on one of the grills that wasn't on and turned a knob on the front of the cooker to reduce the gas that was been used and thus make the flames smaller. He then stepped over to his nephew and hugged him, rubbing the back of the childs head.

Zeke: "I'm...I'm ok...I just, miss them, thats all..."

Uncle: "Heh, i miss them too. But it's only been a couple of weeks, they might turn up yet. Here, let me help you with the cereal."

He turned, walked over to the fridge, opened the door and reached down to the bottom level were the milk was. Upon turning and walking back however there was a knock on the door. Stopping where he was, he turned and placed the milk bottle on one of the counters and hastily walked out of the kitchen to the living room were the door was situated. Standing alone in the kitchen, Zeke decided to follow his uncle and steadily began to wander to the living room, curious as to who it was who had knocked. But before he could get within 6ft of the living room a large, white-gowned figure had stepped into the doorway seperating the kitchen from the other room. The creatures hair was a gingery black and his eyes a piercing gray.

Orkhid: "Izekiel Harris...?"

Stepping back the child nodded and looked behind the ominous figure, looked for his uncle. Finally his uncle appeared, pushing past the lanky Orkhid and then quickly stepping over to his nephew.

Orkhid: "Don't fear, child. I'm Alenzandor Hill. I'm the Head of the Memories Department...just here to make arrangements with your uncle for your tenth birthday. Two months away. Are you excited?"

As much as the creature tried to make itself appear friendly and unintimidating, it ultimatly failed. The Orkhids skeletal, clean cut face and sunken cheeks filled the child with ultimate dread.

Uncle: "Don't worry, Zeke. This won't take long...and you have NOTHING to worry about, i promise you."

Alenzandor smirked as he watched the childs reaction, he then glanced back up at the adult.

Alenzandor: "Heh, thats what all the parents say...although, i'm sure your parents are saying something else...if anything at all."

As he sneered the last two sentences he glanced down upon the child once more, it seemed that the Orkhid had heard about the disappearance of Zeke's parents and was less than sympathetic. Tears welled up in the childs eyes and in defense his uncle stepped forward and slightly infront of him, as if shielding him.

Uncle: "Doctor Hill, please refrain from trying to be funny or intimidating when in my sisters home. I'm sure the Medical Council don't appreciate the way you go about your work...if they even know, that is..."

As the off-duty Soldier spoke he noticed that the Doctors eyes were not concentrating on him, but seemingly looking behind him. And it only took seconds for him to realise why. Smoke drifted past him and upon turning he was confronted by a smoke belching, vicious tower of fire. The flame seemed to dance wildly in a large block that stretched to the ceiling, not spreading or attempting to spread but just standing still...crackling wildly and in seeming anger.

Uncle: "Zeke, get over there...now!!"

He grabbed Zeke's arm and forced him to the otherside of the room, were Alenzandor was.

Alenzandor: "It...it just appeared."

He spoke to himself softly, watching the other adult Orkhid run to the sink and fill a small jug with water. But as quickly as it had appeared it disappeared, shrinking quickly back to its original 1mm size. Raising an eyebrow gently, the Orkhid slowly cast his eyeline down to the child who, now, had tears rolling down his crinkled up face and was sweating somewhat.

Alenzandor: "I...I think i'll come back later. Allow you two to compose yourselves, if thats alright?"

Uncle: "Thats fine."

He looked up at the Doctor with a severe distain and watched him as he disappeared behind the wall and then listened as he exited from the apartment. Stepping forwards the uncle held out his arms and wrapped them around his nephew, comforting him gently by rubbing his back and whispering softly in his ear...

~End~

(OOC: Abit poo, but blah to it.)

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 11-01-2003 at 10:40 AM..
09-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

well done...more!