Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

05-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)
Blind how do you look at oddworld....

everyone i know (personally) who like oddworld look at it as a joke, and only for its humor, they refuse look deeper and discover the nativity and wonder, the mystery, and how close it is to our world on the account of industry versus wilderness, steel and wheels against wood and excercise.....oddworld is more than humor, it has a whole world to discover, every enviroment and creature is vital and important to this oddworld....

how do you look at this place.......

05-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I see it as a game. Not a whole "world" a game that portrays a message. Like other games. There are many other games out there that portray a message, not just OW. But yes, i see it as a game to be played and enjoyed, nothing more...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-28-2003, 02:15 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I see it as one of the most interesting games out there.

Not only its an enjoyable game but it is an inspiration for me when it comes to my art. I am an artist and Oddworld is one of those inspirations that is something that us artist call eye candy.

When I look at Oddworld my imagination just sores. I see Oddworld as one of the most perfect examples on just how far you can take your imagination. Lanning is a genus and an artist and he thought up his own world from the power of his imagination. That is the inspiration I see and that is what makes me want to create my own Universe or world so I can feel the same.

Thats what I see in Oddworld.

Paramiteabe...

05-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
that is something that us artist call eye candy.
Easy there, Picasso. Many other people use the term 'eye candy' not just Artists.

And if you lot are saying all this about OW, what about Fable and Albion which will severely beat OW in the groin region with a spikey baseball bat??

I think OW is liked mainly due to its characters and darkness...

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-28-2003, 10:40 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
Easy there, Picasso. Many other people use the term 'eye candy' not just Artists.

And if you lot are saying all this about OW, what about Fable and Albion which will severely beat OW in the groin region with a spikey baseball bat??

I think OW is liked mainly due to its characters and darkness...

Well Jacob thats your opinion. So we will leave it at that.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-28-2003 at 02:47 AM..
05-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

I agree with PA on this one.I think OW is a game that is so much more than a game my friend Zach Roy Wilson says that he thinks OW is out there in the universe, and believe me he's told me weirder stuff but who knows? maybe it's all true

05-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

for me it is a parody of our world showing us the problems of OUR world
It is also a beautifull universe full of stories and adventures

05-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
my friend Zach Roy Wilson says that he thinks OW is out there in the universe
Does your friend go to a special school? Were he has a nice white room and lots of people with the mental age of a 3 year old retard to talk to?

05-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)

YOU GO THERE TOO!
Wow, this world's odd. HAHAHAHA
SERIOUSLY

05-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

nath, did you post had a point?
this post was kind of wreid

05-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)

sorry. i just wanted to show jacob that not everyone weired goes to insane clinics (they go to the Oddworld forums) hahaha.

Anyway. i like to look at oddworld as a whole universe, and like to think that someplace like it exists in the unlimited universe. (But hey, that's me)

05-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

Jacob Quote: does your friend go to a special school?

actully jacob, zach and I go to the same school, Meridian Middle School in Meridian,Idaho,United States Of America,North America

05-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
Does your friend go to a special school? Were he has a nice white room and lots of people with the mental age of a 3 year old retard to talk to?
I don't appriceate that word being used. "Retard" is just the arrogant and ignorant perception that people use to name someone if they exhibit an unfamiliar, or as you so colorfully put it, "Retarded" behavior.

It's been used before on this forum and I DO NOT APPRICEATE IT!

I have worked with a class of kids with mental and physical disabilities for two years. They are gifted, talented and SMARTER than anyone here would probably give them credit for.

Read the rules.

Refrain from posting anything that might be considered offensive to other users, ie: no offensive language, flaming, using vulgarities or posting sexually explicit material.

And before you go off and make fun and try to look big, Jacob, think about this:

Have any of these people who you have described as "Retards" ever asked to be born like that?

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-28-2003 at 11:43 AM..
05-29-2003, 10:56 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

:
Originally posted by Dipstikk
I don't appriceate that word being used. "Retard" is just the arrogant and ignorant perception that people use to name someone if they exhibit an unfamiliar, or as you so colorfully put it, "Retarded" behavior.

I have worked with a class of kids with mental and physical disabilities for two years. They are gifted, talented and SMARTER than anyone here would probably give them credit for.

Read the rules.

Refrain from posting anything that might be considered offensive to other users, ie: no offensive language, flaming, using vulgarities or posting sexually explicit material.

And before you go off and make fun and try to look big, Jacob, think about this:

Have any of these people who you have described as "Retards" ever asked to be born like that?
Well said Dipstikk!

Why is it every time we state our opinions about OW we just like, people have to do that? This is the OWF. If people don't want to talk about OW which is what this place is for then go to off topic. Is that not so hard?

Paramiteabe...

05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
"Retard" is just the arrogant and ignorant perception that people use to name someone if they exhibit an unfamiliar, or as you so colorfully put it, "Retarded" behavior.
The word 'retard' or 'retarded' means backward. And saying that a fictional gaming world is out there, somewhere, is severely backward. No matter what way you look at it.

:
I dont appreciate heterosexuals not being homosexual. Not much i can do about it though. Whats your point??

:
Thats a generalisation. Are you saying somebody braindead is clever? Cos, they're not. Some are stuck in a cycle of 4 year oldness and act like 4 year olds. They're not clever. Some are. Not all.

:
None. But ask yourself this. Why do people born "normally" act like retards??

:
Why is it every time we state our opinions about OW we just like, people have to do that?
I personally believe in freedom of speech but when you start going on about shite such as OW is real it annoys me cos creatures whom state such facts are the creatures that will be desperate to make friends with my children (if i have any) and thus may corrupt my child to a lifestyle of geeky-unpopularity.

:
This is the OWF. If people don't want to talk about OW which is what this place is for then go to off topic. Is that not so hard?
I didnt go off topic. I made a remark which could have been ignored. I dont have a problem with your kind talking about OW, i ignore most of the blatant moronicness that you lot produce. Its when you start wanting to be Abe and have a pet 'Slog', thats when it gets worrying...

05-30-2003, 12:54 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
I see it as one of the most interesting games out there.

Not only its an enjoyable game but it is an inspiration for me when it comes to my art. I am an artist and Oddworld is one of those inspirations that is something that us artist call eye candy.

When I look at Oddworld my imagination just sores. I see Oddworld as one of the most perfect examples on just how far you can take your imagination. Lanning is a genus and an artist and he thought up his own world from the power of his imagination. That is the inspiration I see and that is what makes me want to create my own Universe or world so I can feel the same.

Thats what I see in Oddworld.

Paramiteabe...
I see it almost the exact same way. I'm an artist and Oddworld has some great concept art that I really admire.
05-30-2003, 02:10 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

:
I personally believe in freedom of speech but when you start going on about shite such as OW is real it annoys me cos creatures whom state such facts are the creatures that will be desperate to make friends with my children (if i have any) and thus may corrupt my child to a lifestyle of geeky-unpopularity.

First of all Jacob did I ever say Oddworld was a real place? No I said that Oddworld is an inspiration to me when it comes to my art. And I also stated that I look at it as a great example on how far you can create from your imagination. I never said Oddworld was real. And thats the truth!

05-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

PA, enlighten me...where did i state you said OW was real. When i was mentioning people saying OW was real i was referring to this remark -

:
my friend Zach Roy Wilson says that he thinks OW is out there in the universe
Not anything anybody else said.

05-30-2003, 05:21 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I thought you were refering to me because in your quote you said this:

but when you start going on about shite such as OW is real it annoys me

And that quote was towards me right? you said but when you

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-30-2003 at 09:25 AM..
05-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

lets stay on topic here....
i say oddworld is real enough to beleive, lorne probly had a psychic interface with a mudokon one day while swallowing peanut capsules

05-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
And that quote was towards me right? you said but when you
I missed the 'all' after the 'you'...

05-30-2003, 11:41 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Oh ok well then theres no problem just a typo.

Well back to topic I also view OW as something as a stress releaver sometimes. When your haveing a hard day there is nothing like playing a few levels of AO to get your mind off of things for awhile. Hey it works sometimes.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-30-2003 at 03:45 PM..
05-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

:
Well back to topic I also view OW as something as a stress releaver sometimes. When your haveing a hard day there is nothing like playing a few levels of AO to get your mind off of things for awhile. Hey it works sometimes.
im sure the native levels, but industry....naah

05-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)

I see Oddworld as a very deep game, and quite a good challenge with nice rendering.

The graphics aren't quite as pretty as stuff like Commandos, but there is definately more to this game than meets the eye. One thing is for certain, you can take this game how you will as far as depth is concerned, but if you have any taste at all then you will definately note OW for its originality...

Reese...
06-07-2003, 08:53 PM
ratman
Fuzzle

: Jun 2003
: Oxford, M.S.
: 109
ratman  (10)
Oddworld reply to How I look at oddworld

Sligslinger,
I look at oddworld like a different planet that is very similar to ours. I also look at oddworld like a humerous place though. There are alot of ways I think about Oddworld. Those are only 2 reasons. There you have it.

06-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

:
Originally posted by sligslinger
lets stay on topic here....
i say oddworld is real enough to beleive, lorne probly had a psychic interface with a mudokon one day while swallowing peanut capsules
I can't tell if your serious or joking there. You've posted enough stuff that itcould be either one, which is relatively sad.
06-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)

I see it as a whole new dimension. As soon as I start playing, I feel when Abe says "Follow Me..." I begin to follow him and then I feel as if I become Abe. But that is just me

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

06-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

Dude! i do too it's weird huh?

06-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)

:
Yes Jacob, and I am not only mental but homicidle! I know where you live hahaha!

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

06-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

yeah! zach told me where you live! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i am homicidal, but not mental. partially but not full.