05-16-2003, 04:06 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Drunk Why do we need Movie Critics?

The one thing I hate in our world are movie critics. They don't know a good movie if it came up to them and bit them in the Arse!

Because I just read that in the New York Times that the Matrix Reloaded got a C+. Do you believe that? Its funny how the critics give these movies such low grades and yet they become sell outs all over the world ya know? I mean what the heck the public loves these movies and yet one man or women comes by and gives it a stinken grade. What is up with that ya know?

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-16-2003 at 08:08 AM..
05-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

A critic is someone who gets paid for their opinion, which if you put it that way, makes it sound like a job for lazy people.
They are there to tell people about the film. So for example, if the action sequences are a letdown, a die hard action film fan will probably avoid it after reading the review.
05-16-2003, 04:55 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Oh gee... I don't know... but did you ever think that the new Matrix IS A TOTAL PEICE OF CRAP?! I mean, just becuase the first movie was pretty good doesn't mean that people will be swooned by special FX and Kung-Fu twice in a row.
05-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

i totaly agree with what searex just said. If the first movie is great, then the others dont have to be. Infact most movies hace crap sequels.

05-16-2003, 08:49 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well yea thats true but I am talking movies in general. I have seen a lot sell out movies that got low grades before. And they were good films too. Sometimes the logic of a critic is ok but a lot of times they ruin the movie I think at least.

05-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

"A critic is just a runner who has no legs."
This means that they criticize things when they could do no better or do nothing at all. I don't know about The Matrix Reloaded but I too have seen many worldwide hits that have had bad reviews. After a movie starts making a lot of money the critics tend to change their opinion.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

Last edited by Facsimile; 05-16-2003 at 04:07 PM..
05-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

what are you guys talking about, critics are our friends. They tell us which movies are crap so we dont have to waste our money. They make mistakes cause they're humans and they dont only focus on the bad stuff of movies, they tell us a little of the good stuff too.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

05-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

: Dalmasca, Ivalice
: 285
Ashe  (10)

Hello paramiteabe. Movie critics are just like us. But they are getting paid to do what they do. Each movie critic is going to like or dislike some movies. We would not always agree with them. Some of my favorite movies have been given bad reviews, but I do not care that the critic does not like it. Because I like the movie, I would make my own opinion.

I luv Vann!!! He is so Hot!!!!!
Final Fantasy Fan Forever!!! Cannot wait unitl FF12!

05-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

: Apr 2002
: Australia
: 403
Miss Odd  (10)

I think there should not be movie critics! What's the point? Can't we just see the movie?

.::[Oddworld Online]::.

05-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Some movie's previews make them out to be mroe than they are, you know. Lets say a movie comes out, and it looks like a cool horror movie. Read a review, turns out its as scary as Barney. Whos the one who saved 5$+ and a good part of their day?

Anyways, why do we need game reviews then? Thats the exact same idea. And why do we then need magazines that test the quality of products? Isn't a movie a product, and critics grade the quality of that?

God damn you people...

EDIT: The Matrix Reloaded jogged my memory here. It may have gotten a C+, but that does have some justification. The storyline did twist around a bit, the whole rave scene was kind of annoying, and between the two main action sequences, it remained relatively dull.

Last edited by Majic; 05-19-2003 at 01:29 PM..
05-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Critics are okay. But I didn't avoid the Matrix Reloaded because some idiot gave it a C+. I loved it. I think critics are okay, but what it comes right down to is my enjoyment. Also, I hate bullcritters, or people who bag on a book, movie, or video game without reading, wathcing, or playing it. Those arrogant blowhards can get lost. Seriously. If you didn't see the Matrix Reloaded you have no business telling people it is shite. If you saw it, and have valid complaints about it, feel free to air them. But if you didn't see the movie or book that you are bagging on, I have 4 words for you: SHUT THE !@#$ UP!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

05-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Bullcritters can eat shit. Especially the ones that say the X-Box sucks because its made by Microsoft.
05-23-2003, 06:31 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
SHUT THE !@#$ UP!
Just to clear things up, if that comment was directed toward me...

I was telling PA that the new Matrix could be bad, and he should at least respect the critics opinion, even if he didn't agree with it. My post probably didn't come across like I wanted it to. Trust me, I'm no a big fan of these "bullcritters," either.