Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)
Forum Bullying

Hello everybody

It is with great sadness, that I announce that unless the bullying I am recieving from a certain member of this forum stops, I will be forced to leave.
Now as far as I could see, what I was doing here was making a genuinely good contribution to the forum, but clearly certain members disagree.
I would urge most of you hoping to do something good for this community pack your bags, and go elsewhere, to save yourselves from wasting any of your time.

I have been deliberately made to look like I am the cause of all things bad in this forum, and that what I do here is not only pointlessly useless, but also unwelcome. This member has consistantly made me feel like I am not worthy of posting here, and each post they have made about me has been as negative as it could have possibly been.

I have chosen to keep this bullies identity anonymous, so that he/she is not subjected to flaming etc.

If you do not wish to see me leave, then please say so here, but if you would rather see the back of me then continue to do what the bully has done so far.

Thankyou

Reese
05-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

You shouldn't make topics like this, but i havent noticed you doing anything wrong or anything. Whom was the person(s) "bullying" you. In the end you shouldn't let them bother you, the majority of the forumers tend not to venture outside...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

At first I really didnt know you, then there was a bit of an arguement between a lot including you myself, some other staff. But I was really glad that all of us got that straightened out, and that we did so in a very mature manner.

Now I personally enjoy having you around the forums, you have been very active in talking about ideas for oddworld games, or how you would make a game. I personally think its good to have a newer member who is very dedicated to these forums, and active in discussions, debates, etc.

So I personally would like you to stay. although, if you feel you really must go, there can be no stopping you on our part, remember in the end you are the one who must decide.

Please do stay though. I think it would be a pity to lose a very promising new member.

-Sincerely, Al
05-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
You shouldn't make topics like this, but i havent noticed you doing anything wrong or anything. Whom was the person(s) "bullying" you?
Shoudln't I? I think bullying is something that needs to be addressed openly. As far as I can see, this is about the best place to do it.

Thankyou Al, I appreciate what you said. I think many people here see me as quite a hopeful new member, and possibly quite a good mod aswell.
I would like to stay here for ages and ages and ages, but unfortunately, if the bullying continues, staying to listen to the abuse will not actually be worth my while.

I really do wish I could just say who it is, but as I said earlier, I do not wish to subject this person to any flaming. I am hoping that he/she will read this and stop.

Thankyou anyway, the more I see here, the more I will want to stay. *hugs everyone for being nice*

Reese
05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Making a topic like this is only going to cause more "bullying."

I haven't noticed any "bullying" towards you at all. Unless of course, you're talking about The Red Muse... that just seemed like a minor argument. Trust me, I've seen/experienced much worse online rabbles.

If I'm part of the problem, I do apologize, but I think you may be blowing things out of whack a bit. If this "bully" is closing your topics... well, I hate to be blunt, but get over it. Topics get closed all the time, it's not a big deal. But that may not be a problem, depending on who the "bully" is.

I hate saying "bully" over and over again. Can't you just tell us who he is?! My money is on Dave. He hates everything.

Last edited by SeaRex; 05-13-2003 at 12:30 PM..
05-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Stay. If I weren't tired from marching practice, i would go and try to find the bully and give them a warning, bt I'm to tired. Arg.
05-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

I belive that Reese is talking to me about getting into a simple argument with him but none the less. I do not want you to go Reese I have been tee'd by other people in the forums before only to become great friends with them. Now if you feel that Im bullying you than Im truely sorry and will end our argument we had like it never happened. I have voted for you to stay because you do contribute to these forums, and I won't even say anything about this post as not to start another argument...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

05-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

so if somebody still bullies you, you will go?
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I don't even know who this person is, so I'm not the bully.

Luke, The David guy in your banner reminds me of myself. I'm so self deluded!

Still love your art.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

05-14-2003, 02:10 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Native

Reese we don't want you to leave but if you must we can't stop you. Unfortunately there is bulleying on the forums and its not just towards Reese. There are other members who get picked on too. Not going to say any names but the point here is we need to stop this picking on each other. Ya know? We don't even know each other and yet we bulley each other and for what?

Why do we do this? I mean even if its just a few pixels on the screen, somebody wrote it and the words can really hurt someones feelings. I am personally going to ask this to Abe Babe.

Is it possiable Abe Babe that we can implement some kind of no bulleying policy here on the forums? It has really gotten out of hand and it really needs to stop. I don't know if you noticed it but maybe we should be more strict on this type of behavior. Because people want to feel welcome here even when there is a disagreement. People don't want to feel rejected or hated I don't Reese doesn't and I am sure nobody else here doesn't eather.

The point is we should really stop because pretty soon nobody would want to come here.

Paramiteabe...

05-14-2003, 02:12 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern
I don't even know who this person is, so I'm not the bully.

Luke, The David guy in your banner reminds me of myself. I'm so self deluded!

Still love your art.
Dave it was actually modeled on yourself. Luke said so in a topic in Non-Oddworld Art.

Paramiteabe, I've posted something relating to bullying in a already existing topic in Employee Lounge. I'll see what happens, and possibly restart a new thread in FS & H.

I haven't seen any bullying to you Reese, other than the very small happenings between Oddsville and yourself. Trust me. Luke is right. What you had going was no where near some of the things I've experienced and seen

But don't leave, you've still got that game to make!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-14-2003, 02:22 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Wow...

..is this all for me? Look, Reese, if you really think I'm "bullying" you, you could've just PMed me and tell me to rot in hell or something. I'm sorry if I said something rude-- but that's me, I can't please everybody.

I don't want you to go. If I did, I'd tell you it.
And if you think someone should leave, then it should be me. You are more use to the forums that I am.

I'm sorry for all the possible thinks that I possibly said, but can't remember them.

I'll shut up now so I can stop scaring away new members.

Cheers,
-Red Muse

05-14-2003, 02:58 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
Dave it was actually modeled on yourself. Luke said so in a topic in Non-Oddworld Art

Alcar...

Wow, I feel like a wanker. I haven't really been around the forums lately, so I haven't got a chance to take a peek at the non oddworld art.

*peeks*

05-14-2003, 04:48 AM
ethan
Thudslug

: Jun 2002
: Hawai'i, Kaua'i ,Anahola, Pilipoli place
: 152
ethan  (10)

Well to me i think that you could stay if you want and fight with them and play around with them and stuff like i did with DI i called him phat and then he backed off for a bit then now we are friends kind of *cough NO* and he was picking on me for awhile to so i stayed and then teazed him back so yeah
or if you want you could go and be a little sissy girl and yeah.

Ethan
05-14-2003, 07:29 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
Reese we don't want you to leave but if you must we can't stop you. Unfortunately there is bulleying on the forums and its not just towards Reese. There are other members who get picked on too. Not going to say any names but the point here is we need to stop this picking on each other. Ya know? We don't even know each other and yet we bulley each other and for what?

Why do we do this? I mean even if its just a few pixels on the screen, somebody wrote it and the words can really hurt someones feelings. I am personally going to ask this to Abe Babe.

Is it possiable Abe Babe that we can implement some kind of no bulleying policy here on the forums? It has really gotten out of hand and it really needs to stop. I don't know if you noticed it but maybe we should be more strict on this type of behavior. Because people want to feel welcome here even when there is a disagreement. People don't want to feel rejected or hated I don't Reese doesn't and I am sure nobody else here doesn't eather.

The point is we should really stop because pretty soon nobody would want to come here.
I haven't noticed any bullying. Unless you are referring to the Ethan thing which only started because of Ethan's idiocy. (Was that bullying?) ARGH!
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

05-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

:
I have been deliberately made to look like I am the cause of all things bad in this forum, and that what I do here is not only pointlessly useless, but also unwelcome. This member has consistantly made me feel like I am not worthy of posting here, and each post they have made about me has been as negative as it could have possibly been.
Oh god, this is just stupid. No offense Reese, you have a right to be here just as much as everyone else! If people are being rude then put them on your ingore list Odd d@mn it, you dont have to make a huge stink about it...Or, if you insist upon leaving, then do so--though I know alot of us would prefer you to stay bud. Still, it is your decision whether you stick around or go somewhere else, not ours.

Reese, I'm not trying to be rude/mean/ect. I don't think your all that bad of a person & I dont want to argue with you. I just wanted to let you know what I thought of your post. I'm sorry if I've written anything that offends you, its just my opinion.

Last edited by Native Poser; 05-14-2003 at 12:18 AM..
05-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)
Sad

It would be a real shame if you left, Reese. You are a very dedicated member to the forums (As far as I can see), and...
Something. You're a good guy, and imagine what this forum would be like without you! It would be a whole lot more boring without those threads asking people for ideas.

My vote? Don't go. But it is your choice.

(PS: Im not the one bullying you, am I? Because if I am, I don't mean it)

Edit: Who were those two horrible poeple that voted go? They are the worst bit of this forum.
Don't get me wrong, the rest of it is great!
*Glances around nervously*

Last edited by Seargentbig; 05-14-2003 at 12:26 AM..
05-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

Joshy  (20)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe

Paramiteabe...
Mmm i haven't seen any bullying around.... but if somebody is actually bullying another person, who cares???? its only words......(idiots).....

Not mentioning anyone personally(coughs.. Alcar)...
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

05-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by happyguy936
Mmm i haven't seen any bullying around.... but if somebody is actually bullying another person, who cares???? its only words......(idiots).....

Not mentioning anyone personally(coughs.. Alcar)...
And what exactly have I done, Josh?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

Joshy  (20)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
And what exactly have I done, Josh?

Alcar...
THAT That menacing stare!!! just destroying my self esteem and telling me i'm dumb and useless.... and that sentence has a tone of threaten and anger!!! You're trying to kill me aren't you... well i'm gonna kill you first (holds knife up)!!!

05-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Can we keep to the point?
Remember, we don't want Reese to go. (Hopefully)

05-14-2003, 11:39 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)
Wired

Ok maybe I was a bit overly critical about the bully thing. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. It does happen so we need to stop.

05-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

Joshy  (20)

But if we stop the bullying its kinda like censorhip.... dictatorship.... then the next thing before you know whats gonna happen, the forum will be ruled by the system of communism and we will all be turn to slaves well thats over exaggeration, but i dont think the bullying should stop. Its just a way for people here to communicate and have some fun, if you take it too seriously, then just tell the person to stop or tell the mod/admin.

05-14-2003, 11:49 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Well I am talking about individualy but I know thats impossible. Your always going to get a bully. And I suggested maybe be a little more strict on that like give a warning but it won't work I know.

05-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

I dont see anything that would really count as bullying. I only see a few arguments that Reese is upset over, I dont think we need to be more strict at all. And yeah, I agree with you paramiteabe, theres always gonna be some jerks around--thats just how life is.

05-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

okay. Reese, dont leave, but happyguy is right, arnt u taking this a bit to seriously? we are just having some fun and stating the obvious. If we are not allowed to put what we think of people, then what the hell is the point of this place...?

*runs accross the border before worse comes*

05-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

PA i have no idea what your going on about, there is no bullying on here whatsoever. If by bullying you refer to DI and his blunt truthfulness or the way im overly sarcastic to the lowers then how is that bullying? We dont pounce on people and make them feel inadequate, well...i dont anyway. I try and help them through their sociality disorder and help them find a path that leads on to the forest of Life. If by doing that i have to break a few Hearts then fine. But i tell it as it is, so dont go calling people a bully just because they tell the truth...

If anything we need to get a big message on the front of the forums that states Oddworld isn't real and never will be, then hopefully the freaks will sod off...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

amen to that! (no, i'm not christan)

05-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by Jacob
If anything we need to get a big message on the front of the forums that states Oddworld isn't real and never will be, then hopefully the freaks will sod off...
Maybe we should implement that plan of yours for when people register?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

05-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Excuse me, I backed off because I refuse to argue about something so trivial.

Ethan, I was on your case because you're a fucking retard, not because I dislike you.

Let me save you the trouble of replying:

I'm a big fat dumb head faggot.

Whee.