Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

05-20-2001, 11:46 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)
Are you happy with the move to X-Box? Because I'm not!!!

If yes . . .

THEN YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE THIS!

If, like me, you're still angry with the move to X-Box, then read it. I am on your side!

*awaits tirade of hate mail from pro-Xboxers*

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: One, Two, Middlesboogie ]

05-20-2001, 12:20 PM
iliodd
Thudslug

: Apr 2001
: Toronto
: 156
iliodd  (11)

Now, look. For one thing, there ARE Xbox magazines in the works, but more importantly, how can this author honestly say that Microsoft is less honest than the other videogame companies? Sony, Nintendo and Sega only got into the market to make money - that's why you make a new product, on the chance that it will make money. (Oh, and by the way, Nintendo and Sega were not the first video game companies.)

As for Oddworld, the game is undoubtedly looking better and more complex than it was on the PS2. If Lanning says this is because programming for the PS2 was harder, I'm inclined to believe him. And how is publishing screenshots false advertising? The article promised a revolutionary game, and that's just what you'll get... just on the Xbox.

The reviewer asks why, if the PS2 is so hard to program for, there are such great games on it. I have some advice for that guy: LOOK AT THE XBOX RELEASE LINEUP! For each good-looking game on PS2 there's a better one on Xbox. Tony Hawk 2? Tony Hawk 2X. Tekken Tag? Dead or Alive 3. SSX? SSX for Xbox!

Don't dismiss the Xbox based on the company it's being produced by. Judge it only based on how any game system should be judged: the final product.

PS: I'm not a pro-Xboxer. I'm just an anti-anti-Xboxer.

[ May 20, 2001: Message edited by: Iliodd ]

05-20-2001, 12:46 PM
Banjo X
Chippunk

: 26
Banjo X  (10)

Yeah iliodd! Down with ps2(Piss station 2) Burn Sony burn! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEAH! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT! HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!Hoo, heheh oh...cant breathe..hehhhhhhhh.............

05-20-2001, 01:03 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

X-Box:

05-20-2001, 01:17 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)

Hey middledtone how did ya do this with the animation??????

05-20-2001, 01:18 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

Hey middledtone how did ya do this with the animation??????
Could someone sumerize what the text says? It´s to much for me. Pleeeease!!! Thankz

05-20-2001, 01:28 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

Freaky, I got the animation from CWM's site.

And the text basically says:
1) Microsoft care too much about profits.
2) OI should apologise for betraying the PS2 fans.
3) Lorne Lanning is a hippy.

05-20-2001, 01:43 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

Why is lorne a hippy?

05-20-2001, 03:37 PM
iliodd
Thudslug

iliodd  (11)

And what's wrong with being a hippie?

05-20-2001, 07:29 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

a) Your argument seems to boil down to two points:-
"The PS2 looks better than the XBOX"
"I prefer the PS2 because it has more magazines"

b) So what if he's a hippie? Hippies Rule!

c) What about those millions of people who possess neither a PS2 or an XBOX? What does this argument matter to them? You should be lobbying for a PC version, not an end to all OW games.

d) If you decide to "hit them where it hurts - Financially", then they will need more profits, and will be even less likely to perform another expensive move back to PS2, or to bring out a PC version.

so well done. anger beats logic and common sense every time!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-20-2001, 07:45 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

I'm a hippy...
05-20-2001, 08:51 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Hippies are like 60's! C'mon, we know that Hippies have extinct.

05-21-2001, 12:05 AM
iliodd
Thudslug

iliodd  (11)

If we hippies are extinct, why are there so many of us? Seems to contradict itself...

Look, ideally, Munch would be released on all platforms. And it would be free, and we would all live in happy little houses on the moon. But OWI has made their choice, which I frankly feel is the right one, and not buying it is not going to get it onto the PS2.

05-21-2001, 12:45 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

it kind does'nt contradict it's self because majority of people are either preeps, G's, punks, goth, ya name it.

I don't know if my earf will bang with that, of buying the x-box. But i think i will add my money to it.

05-21-2001, 01:25 AM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

hmmm..maybe I'm not a hippy..but I'm something...I think...something brutally disturbing...hmmm.,,,
05-21-2001, 06:28 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

Why should I love or hate Xbox or PS2?
I don't have console yet, so I have to buy one to play Munch anyway. Xbox and PS2 cost the same. All good gamedevellopers make games for both platforms. Xbox is easier to develop for, so they will be able to produce good games for the Xbox much faster.
My choice is made.

05-21-2001, 08:45 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Whoever wrote that article should be shot because of what they said about Lorne!!! *it's ok... calm down Abe Babe*

OK... that aside... that article very much sounds like the type of stuff that was floating around just after OWI announced the move to the Xbox... there was a lot of negativity towards it, mainly because people didn't like change, didn't like the wait, or didn't like the exclusive console thing.

My opinion is that I support OWI in whatever they do... they are the ones making the game, and they should know the problems that they encountered w/ developing for the PS2 more than anyone. Also I think that OWI were starting Xbox development before the deal was signed (it was always a rumor), and they realized the difference. Plus the Xbox allowed them to create the game without having to comprimise on certain aspects.

Other than that, apart from the wait (and it has gone quicker than expected), I think that in the end we are getting a better game for it. There will be more creatures per level, and you only have to look at the actual game play screens to see how impressive the graphics are (remember the PS2 movies were not live gameplay, but pre-programmed).

Abe Babe...

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Abe Babe ]

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

11-20-2001, 07:27 PM
ALYSTRIAN
Zappfly

: Nov 2001
: OHIO, USA
: 3
ALYSTRIAN  (10)

I joined this forum late (obviously). So late, in fact, that the article mentioned at the beginning of this thread is no longer available for viewing. However, I am not happy about the switch to Xbox. I'm very disappointed actually. How many game consoles must one own to keep up with continual video gaming? This is just getting absurd. I love Oddworld. Absolutely adore it! When I beat the Abe's Odyssy, I rushed out and bought Exodus and waited anxiously for Munch to hit the scene; only to learn that I have to purchase a new console. Okay, I got over that disappointment after I found out that the PS2 was capable of playing DVDs as well as music CDs. I thought "what the heck, this way I can buy my daughter a DVD player AND play Oddworld." Ha! Great logic, no? Well I thought so until it was decided that PS2 wasn't going to be the console for future Oddworld games. And I simply refuse to buy an Xbox AND a plug in for it that will bring it up to the standards of PS2. Okay, I'll stop rambling now... but this just sucks so hard

11-20-2001, 07:48 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

Lanning-san did "apologize" a while ago or whatever...personally I'm not mad at anybody or angry just have the "Oh crap" attitude. I did get a PS2 but I would've gotten it anyway but I have to say Oddworld is just about the main reason for me getting an X-Box.

These people ARE trying to give us fun games and stories but they are also trying to make a living and do what they have to in order to make money and survive.

everything in life is a matter of opinion...

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Eibu ]

11-20-2001, 08:07 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

You guys are treading on thin ice by reopening this topic... And there are Sharks in the waters below... Trust me, I know from experience...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

11-20-2001, 08:14 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Yeah, when Lorne announced his move, oddworld boards had topics such as "Lorne lanning sold his soul for profifts", etc. Why do you think lorne is a hippie? His pro enviroment stance, subversive dark comedy about major industries, anti-heros who use their brains? It just seems logical:Lorne is a hippie who makes fresh ass games on the world 's most powerful platform and for a corporation that supports him a whole hell of a lot better than sony. Everybody whines about the topic "I GOT AN XBOX!!!" How about this annoying topic: "Goddamnit, why does Mo have to be on XBOX! **** Xbox and all it stands for!" That negative topic about the xbox is the one I hate the most! Long live xbox and death to the people who whine cause they cant get the Xbox!!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

11-20-2001, 08:19 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Sharks in the water rettikk? You must mean steel shark. Chances are he won't even care about this at all. I hope he doesn't get all pissy at people though. He feels pretty strongly about the xbox, as do I.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

11-20-2001, 09:33 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Wouldn't it be funny if Lorne switched the Oddworld series back to PS2? I can see it now... "It seems Oddworld Inhabbitants and I made a HUGE mistake taking the sereis to the X Box... plus Sony hooked me up with a lot of money, I mean support! Did I say money? *cash register noise*
I'd laugh ... right before the tsunami of anger washed over me.
11-21-2001, 02:09 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Abe Babe could you please shut this god damn topic!

It is unfair to judge Lorne on what people or yourself think!

So what if it is now on the Xbox! I brought a PS2 cause i thought that MO would be on it, but you don't hear me complaining that i wasted $600 on it!

Lorne is a great guy he was the one that created the sadistic Abe that we now know and love!

If it was the money that Lorne wanted (which i doubt) then that is his and the companies own business!

Shut this topic down now, if i was a moderator i would do it instantly, because this topic is one of many that have sprung up here!

Ands its the same people that continue to criticise Lorne for what HE and ODDWORLD INHABITANTS chose to do!

And i am kind of happy that Lorne changed to the Xbox, because as you can clearly see the game has improved in graphics, speed, gameplay and lots more!

Now leave it at this, there is to be no more of this stupid topic!
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

11-21-2001, 02:13 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I am sorry to sound so angry, but this is a serious issue and my previous message was aimed at the people criticising Lorne, (sorry Abe Babe if you thought i was directing it at you, its just that i put my words around the wrong way, i know that you would never be disloyal to Lorne).

Please Abe Babe shut down this topic.
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

11-21-2001, 02:24 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

For some reason I can't view the article, so I can't really add anything other than:

1.)I, myself am disappointed with the move. I didn't buy a PS2, so I'm not that sad, but still, I was torn between PS2 and the XBOX for a while.

2.)People should not judge books by their author or cover.

3.)Steel Shark is gonna be really mad at 1,2, MB (again).

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

11-21-2001, 03:09 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Yes, I think closing this topic would be a good idea.

Topic Closed

05-18-2005, 05:59 AM
ALYSTRIAN
Zappfly

: OHIO, USA
: 3
ALYSTRIAN  (10)

I miss Oddworld

~~still refuses to buy an Xbox

05-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

please do not bring back old topics, this one is almost 4 years old.

05-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

That's more older than my brother.

You don't have to worry about that Alystrain, oddworld aren't gonna makes games for Xbox anymore.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe