Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

OH MY GOD!

I am so sorry, I clicked on the Edit link instead of the Quote link!

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I've ruined the post...

OH MY GOD...

Hopefully.... hopefully you remember that translation website...

Sorry... (Alcar)

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

yo maat dat was goed!
thank you so much oddipus

05-03-2003, 02:44 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Damn you Alcar, you stole my post!!! j/k

Here's the translation again ... *bangs Alcar on the head with an iron pipe*

Abe Babe...

We have a pleasant gesprekje with Rob Brown, senior artist by Oddworld Inhabitants, the makers of the excellent Munch' s Oddysee title that when platform lead served by the launch of the Xbox. We tried it a few things a new info discharge to pick over the new game and asked him over its work by OWI.

XboxWorld: Hello, tell us please whom you are and what yourself position is by Oddworld Inhabitants

Rob Brown: Hoi! I am Rob Brown, senior artist. By Oddworld Inhabitants is my day filled with the create of surroundings and real-time art, also when the conceal of donuts for our boss Sherry (that on the gezondheidstour want).

XboxWorld: you Have a background in the works at spell there other commit or Oddworlds Inhabitants? When “Ja!”, tell us about this a little bit over

Rob Brown: Yes, I have the luck had that I have be able to work already 6 + year on, and sums on, Oddworld. I began at Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee and I have myself totally opgewerkt till the mega secret project at which we today the day on work.

XboxWorld: You have clear worked at the previous Oddworld title. As you back looks at the Xbox game Munch' s Oddysee, how think yourself that these title receive is and what found yourself of that from?

Rob Brown: There are a strong feeling of character present in Munch of which one pleasure was in order to contemplate and at to work. The Oddworld mythos began real to live with the new characters, surroundings and enemies. It was an interesting time by Oddworld Inhabitants

XboxWorld: Work by Oddworld Inhabitants appears us amusing, is that really so or be the stories invented?

Rob Brown: It is better then real work! I have all tried, bring around bake dakbedekken, security, pizza’s and citizens. I can you thus out first hand tell that the works by Oddworld Inhabitants effies a tikkie amusing/better is. We are the whole day creatively busy, to play, to make a few games a few surroundings, to play, to build a few games a leveltje, to play a few games, animeren we a character, to play a game and when afsluiter do we what examine through a game to play.

XboxWorld: Describe a normale day by Oddworld Inhabitants!

Rob Brown: 10:00 hour: parking Spaces seek. 10:05 hour: As fast possible coffee find! 10:10 hour: I open Maya, Photoshop on the PC and start the Xbox Dev kit 10:15 hour: Second cup of coffee! 11:45 hour: Third cup! 12:00 hour: "Good Buy lunch." Quite practical content that we us all in the car shove and to the Good Buy race (a locale elektronica go shopping). Once sales we arrived DVD’s, games, and look at the last technology novelties. Good Buy is for us what a vliegenvanger for fly is. 1:00 hour: Back to the work. 2:00 hour: Celebrated cup of coffee. 4:00 hour: "Chip run" We run to the small store tegeover us and get Doritos and Pepsi. But I suspect that the half it do round a look to take to the beautiful caissières there! . 7:00 hour: "Woot, Dinner!" On the moment, are we in Crunch Fashion what content that we long days make round compete clearly to get and we well to eat get from Oddworld Inhabitants. 7:30 hour: Fifth cup of coffee! 7:45 hour: "Team building" I know not certainly how this is begun, but here state the term known when game with a nerf sword in the rounded off jump meanwhile you the colleague’s stick tries to avoid. It always when we begin a little bit versuffen, than flies it suddenly a Nerf dart through the studio and within 5 minutes takes everybody its goat gloves and plastic shields on round each other to body to go. Proper animal business! 8:00 hour: Sixth cup of coffee. 8:15 hour: these time we try Round always a delicious pot multiplay on it LENT to hold. On the moment we play Battlefield 1942 or Generals. Not that I it keep up only 'Real-time development' state with 9-4 for on 'Game Design'. Muuuahahahaha. 9:00 hour: Try to remind where my car was parked.

XboxWorld: Are you by Oddworld Inhabitants begun because of the onderliggende principles over the protect of the nature, or because the job accidental at came sail?

Rob Brown: Round a chance to get to work there a business that the most visual standards tries to handle is a luxury in our industry. Lorne Lanning, our manager has a business opgezet where creativity, design and the visual aspect above everything stand. Only naturally next to the amusing work is it also tremendously to work on a spot which a cave thought behind stretch.

XboxWorld: What is yourself favorite game ever, and which title sit you the most on to wait?

Rob Brown: Let the Geek-talk begin! As you it really ask, I have a level 50 Druid in Everquest (err, when lvl 50 everything was what you could get) and a lvl 50 Zerk in Dark Age or Camelot. MMRPG' s (Massively Multiplayer Roll Playing Games) are my favorite games. After that Battlefield 1942. Particular good game, and I do my hat finished for that men. For the rest I look from to Halo 2 and Rigid Tangles Galaxies.

XboxWorld: Play yourself many spell in you going out time? As yes, which?

Rob Brown: I play so’n 15 - 20 hour per soak games. I stand it however round known that I myself some days lock up in my room and then whole weekends friendly with 2/3 cheat Pepsi and large pizza’s. By the time Monday then on comes roll my eyes from my boxes, fall my hairs out, am I witter then a reprehend and be my nails so long that they omkrullen. In that time I play then Dark Age or Camelot, and when the internet it not does play I Phantom Crash on the Xbox.

XboxWorld: how many men work there at the new Oddworld title, and how far in the production its you?

Rob Brown: Hmm, it work enough men at the new title round a number new Nerf arm to have to buy round the Game Designers of us off to hit when it dispuut is over numbers polygonen. Currently we have six Nerf swords, 2 opblaasbare goat gloves, five Nerf pistols and two Nerf guns. Hmm, perhaps is not this the best manner in order to count how many men there at the new game work…

XboxWorld: We know very little over the new title, we know however weld ate he toe exclusive title for the Xbox is. About which have yourselves these choice made?

Rob Brown: When an artist love I very many the Xbox. It has many memory and is well fast. It is for me the best choice round on to work.

XboxWorld: De press round a grafisch impressive title off to furnish was large with launchtitel Munch' s Oddysee. For a large part is this succeeded, how will the new game-engine on this on improve?

Rob Brown: That is a simple answer on to give from an artiet’s perspective: I am quite happy with the new engine.

XboxWorld: On the territory of story followed the Oddworld games until now closed alone Abe and Munch. Not will they also the central figures its in the new title, or?

Rob Brown: It was once a turn that a friend of me Burrito’s took along to the work and me it a gifts during the lunch. It was the most delicious Burrito that I ever eaten had! I asked him then also: “How have yourself that Burrito made? It is damn delicious!” He said: “It is a family secret, the season stretch in our hands.” The answer was a little bit narrow, but it was spring a lesson to learn. We are busy with the figurative Burrito and we not can you say which ingredients we use, but they sit us in the hands.

XboxWorld: Then can yourself certain nothing from the cloths do over the new story?

Rob Brown: Haha! Unfortunately, see the previous question.

XboxWorld: On your website is to be found that the characters in the new game it lively from will see then in Munch' s Oddysee. How is this possible?

Rob Brown: Many of the ideas that during the create of the previous game impossibly appear be now well possible in the new engine that we use. The detailed character its an enormous advantage at the new technology.

XboxWorld: What is yourself shoe size? (To least when your shoes carries, and no Hobbit are!)

Rob Brown: let us assume that we Hobbits were, mean you then the newest Hobbits from the Lord or the Ring series, or the old seventy years Hobbits of Leonard Nemoy?

XboxWorld: We are all very inquisitively to the new game, you must us SOMEWHAT news tell what we our readers be able to palm off when exclusive info. Please with a schattig small kitten bovenop?........Vertel the us or the kitten enters into to it!

Rob Brown: Geheimen? Well, I my praised till silence when I not break will something would tell over the new title! Bye bye kitten!

XboxWorld: we Will more of Oddworld Inhabitants see on E3? Natural! What we get to see?

Rob Brown: Ahhh E3, we love e3.. I know certain that I there are! See yourself there!

XboxWorld: When think yourself that the game manage is? Give us something!

Rob Brown: Oooops, in that goes someone else dear kitten the blender!

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Oddipus I made a news about on OWM and OWN with credit to you...
anyway I liked that interview very much

05-03-2003, 05:16 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Apr 2001
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

I noticed , since I check your site regularly.

Thanx mate.

And thanx to AbeBabe too offcourse, who also mentioned me.

05-03-2003, 07:19 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

PHEW! I've clicked the right button this time!

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
*bangs Alcar on the head with an iron pipe*
OW! *runs off to fetch piece of timber with nail in it* Oh how I loved that episode of the simpsons...

Anyway, i'm off to post that on my site with kind regards to both your Oddworld sites

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate