Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)
Oddworld Action Figures.

Now, before you guys beat me up for spreading unsubstanceated rumors, I have absolutely no knowledge (hee hee) of OW Action Figures. These are just things I've come up with by myself.

Abe

Features: sliding tab along back with nombers 1-8 (Gamespeak features.) Slide tabe to select phrase and push green button below tab to activate sound. Blue button on head activates chant sound. Fully posable.

Munch

Features: crank to activate gear-powered leg. When crank is twisted, munch hops slowly foreward. Gamespeak featured as well. Press head port and it lights up. Mouth opens on hinge.

Fuzzles (6-pack)

Features: Tiny but well detailed. button on back flips friendly expression to fierce grin. Responds to Munch's "Get 'em" by snarling.

Humphrey and Irwin

Features: Eyes light up when purple button on head is pressed. Humphrey says assorted things (Quotes coming soon when I play the game) as does Irwin ("Humphrey, I appologize. You are a genious!" "That's the last damn Gabbit there is!"). Sockets in all four hands to hold assorted surgical tools. When a weapon is added to Humphrey he yells "Surprise!!!"

Dripik, Aslik, Phleg, and Brewmaster (Set of 4)

Features: Eyes light up by (Yep) button on head. Gamespeak featuredin all, each in own voice. Cigar removable. Torso bendable.

Sligs:

Reg. Slig and flying Slig (Set of 2)

Features: Gamespeak featured. Pants are wind-up, as are flyer. Reg comes with Blusterbubb that fits into a socket in hand and lights up with shooting sounds. Flyer shoots a round of 12 tiny caps about the size of fishing sinkers. Reg pants removable.

Bigbro (Deluxe toy, electronic)

Features: Pants slip onto body, walk by RC. Has Gamespeak. Attachable Armor. Blitzpacker slips into hand and lights up with can-shooting sounds. fullu posable.

Slog (pack of 2)

Features: Flip-switch causes top jaw to snap (with electronic barking and snarling) as well as kicking legs.

Interns

Features: Two types of trendy clothes (Blue and yellow stripes and green-pink polkadots.) Snuzi lights up and fires neon green missle when placed in hand socket. also includes headphones that play a verse from Use Yur Imagination.

Elum (Deluxe, Electronic)

Features: Three sounds (activated by Abe saying "Follow me" and "Wait".) Elum walks by RC.

Alf, Buddy, and Natives (3 natives)

Features: Alf says 3 quotes, Buddy says 2. Natives don't talk.

Almighty Raisin (Ultra size playset.)

Featires: Raisin says three phrases, as Ratz eyes light up. 7 Ratz surround him. Raisin moves slightly on single pivot.

Wave 2 coming soon!

Tell me what you guys think!

04-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I can only dream! I've been waiting forever and a day for Oddworld action figures or merchandise. *patience Abe Babe, patience* I'm sure Oddworld are just waiting for the right opportunity for this kind of thing.

Although your ideas are pretty cool, they're a bit cheezy for my liking. I prefer the action figures you just sit on your shelf and look at and don't have all these fancy extras. That's just me though. I currently purchased a bunch of FFX action figures, and they look cool. I'd love to add some Oddworld ones to my collection one day. Although I do have my Abe figure (more like a statue) from Germany, that is one of the best things I own.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

wow! it sounds amazing! I must have those, what? they aren't real?

well I realy want those
realy good Dipstikk

04-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I agree with Abe Babe here, I really would only purchase figurines that you basically just place on a desk or shelf. I think playable figurines would seem very childish.

And good work Dipstikk, that must have taken some time to create that list!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

04-06-2003, 12:34 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I agree with Alcar and Abe Babe. Though your ideas are very creative I think that Oddworld toys would be better off as figurines that would be good as collector items. Stuff for people to collect and trade with other collectors. Just like how Star Wars toys are for collecting and tradeing. Infact I have a bunch of Star Wars toys that I collected reciently but did not even take them out of the box. I set them up for display. I think that would be better off for Oddworld.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-06-2003 at 04:38 AM..
04-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
And good work Dipstikk, that must have taken some time to create that list!

Alcar...
Indeed it did! I thought that the Gamespeak Feature would help alot.

I also think the Interactive Fuzzles were a nice touch.

04-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)
Blind Oddworld Action Figures.

I would really like to see your ideas out in the shops. Every toy shop on Earth! I have some other cool idears.

Mullok: Has 2 buttons on the side. When you press 1 it says " Pies" When you press 2 it says " Cakes"

Scrab: Walks around. When Mullok says "Cakes" Scrab will scream.

Paramite. When Abe says hello, it walks away giving some Paramite sounds. Growls in a Paramite way when mullok says "Pies"

I like your Ideas. I wish I could buy the toys.

Last edited by Fuzzle Guy; 04-07-2003 at 06:43 AM..
04-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Ill post my ideas, and diagrams for oddworld figures that I was thinking about a year or so back. But I think OWI should make figures, Bungie(Halo's Creators) have had a toy company allready making Halo action figures. I saw the photos and they are very good, and will make perfect collectors items for any Halo fan. I hope oddworld does the same.

:
Just like how Star Wars toys are for collecting and tradeing. Infact I have a bunch of Star Wars toys that I collected reciently but did not even take them out of the box. I set them up for display. I think that would be better off for Oddworld.
I also collect star wars figures/rare and other starwars collectibles. I actually have been collecting sinceI was three years old. I had a lot of the original figures from the late 70s early 80s, that my parents would stop by the fair grounds weekly to look for. Then in 95 when they rereleased everything I have collected almost every figure from 95 to current date. Of course in the recent years the past few I have kept almost all of the new figures in their boxes, and have put a lot in safe containers(many containers lots and lots, of all the saved packages from the opened ones, and some displayed on my shelves in their boxes.) It's a very fun, and enjoyable hobby, like how some people collect cards, I collect Star Wars figures instead.

-Al
04-06-2003, 05:06 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

Oh yaaay! I'd love those!

And Abe Babe... erm, you said you bought FFX figures?
May I ask you... Where did you buy them?

04-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Like Al said, Bungie apparently did a very good job for their "toys", I realy hope OWI will do the same!

04-06-2003, 10:49 PM
KintoKid
Stingbee

: Oct 2002
: Ca
: 85
KintoKid  (19)

Here r sum ideas for "deluxe playsets"

Magog Cartel Boardroom: comes with 6 board memebers with platforms extending from wall to stand on, one Mullock with light-up Glockstar-size cigar nest to one slig on giant circular platform, and one giant CEO display screen with light-up, electronic sales charts. Buttons on side activate Board Members grumbling, Mullocks innocent "what?" and slig's evil laugh.

Rasin's Cave: Comes with Almighty Rasin (as mentioned by someone else in earlier post) along with the 7 ratz, 3 chanting mudokons (levitating over magnetic circles) one Mudokon Tomahawker, and one Mudokon Mudarcher. Buttons on side activate Rasin's snoring, ratz squeaking, native's chanting, and Warrior battle crys.

Mudokon Village/Meepherder Village: Two-level playset. Comes with 8 Meeps with electronic, blinking eye, 3 mudokon natives, meep pen on lower level with log ramp leading to second level with MUdokon "huts" and light-up bonfire. Buttons on side activate Mudokon chatting and Meeps bleating

Monsaic Lines Temple: Comes with 2 scrabs, 2 paramites, one big-face with removable mask, one abe, 5 Mudokon natives, and various temple structures. Buttons on side activate Scrab and Paramite screeching, Crowd's cheering, and abe's farting.

just sum ideas. lol

04-06-2003, 11:42 PM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
The old threads.. but It is intresting!

Do you remember this old threads?

http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=5001
http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=5072
http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=5258
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

04-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I agree about the extra features... that would drive any people older than 9 away from buying something so childish. Bt still... just things to put on shelfs would be decent.

I applaud your efforts for making up the list though. Props
04-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

:
Originally posted by KintoKid
one big-face with removable mask
arg! don't even think about it

04-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by The Red Muse
And Abe Babe... erm, you said you bought FFX figures?
May I ask you... Where did you buy them?
I got some from an anime store here in Australia, and some others from a store which sells comics and action figures. I see you saw my post in Off-Topic where I took photos of my figures.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)
Idea Oddworld Action Figures

Can't...wait...must...have...them...NOW! Good luck on the ideas hittin' the store shelves or possibly game section, or internet...Oh well...Stay Odd!

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

04-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Abe the legend
Thudslug

: Apr 2002
: U.K.
: 156
Abe the legend  (10)
Wired cool

I have only this to say.*drool*.Very clever.Maybe there will be oddworld figures one day?
04-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Oh, for god sakes people. Sure, it would be nice..... But GAMESPEAKING FIGURES???!!! MUNCH'S HEADPORT LIGHTING UP??!!!! The best you can expect is a detailed NON-posable figurine by, most likely Mcfarlane toys!!! You can go back to dreaming people..... Just expect low, and if they are all they cracked up to be, squeel like a nutzo pig.

That is all....

05-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Reese Charles
Sniper Wasp

: May 2003
: I have left
: 251
Reese Charles  (10)

Hey all

I am making a model of the feeco train. This model will feature the highest possible level of detail without it being too fragile. Model is composed mostly of wood, and was made by eye from the design drawings on the Oddworld.com website. The train model is partially finished, and requires some extra work before it can be mounted on a stand and painted. When its finished it will feature: controlling turret with windows painted to look like a light is on inside, headlight "eyes" painted to look like they're lit, wheels and rods etc arranged like the real thing, as many funnels, pipes and horns as I can get on, and much much more. Contact me by PM if your interested, if I get enough requests I may continue the work. I have also built a starcraft battlecruiser that has been placed on a stand. This model is also currently unpainted, and as with the train, with enough requests the work on the model will continue.

Reese
05-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

sounds good make onr of lulu and all the others one thing though u should make a couple of 3 foot tall ones that walk and stuff like that "my size barbie" thing

08-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

You couild alway's have a Fuzzle Furby (Although I probably wouldn't buy it due to how annoying they get). You could test on the fuzzle and the fuzzle screams.