Shadestorm
Stingbee

: Jan 2003
: Atlanta, Georgia
: 76
Shadestorm  (10)
Native Drifter Arue

"Yah! Take that!"

Arue whipped around his theus blade onto the paramite's green flesh. The critter's protective scales ripped off, spewing dark blood and revealing muscle and sinew beneath it.

With another swing the paramite was twitching in pain, only seconds before death creeped into it's eyes. More paramites climbed down the purplish Bilu tree. Arue made quick work, as was a day of work for him.

After disposing of the paramite bodies, Arue inspected the fruit. As caretaker of the Bilu, he needed to check for cuts, because infection came easily to the lucious Bilu fruit.

"Ach..." Arue found a deep gash apon a fruit near the fight seen. "As if we needed another loss of fruit. Well, 'least I'll have a snack, before it gets infected."

Juice dribbled down Arue's cheeck, Bilu fruitt was the only peice of his diet which wasn't dry and starchy. He enjoyed it.

The sun was setting, and he began back to the Gulchi Village.

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

Last edited by Shadestorm; 01-25-2003 at 03:28 PM..
01-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)
Arrow

Pretty nice Shadestorm. Is Arue a mudokon?

01-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Post Onward...

No, Arue is not a mudokon, he is a Gulchi. Let me reveal some oddities about the Gul in this post.

Arue shot string. It was a much more convient way of travel compared to the short, flat legs he and all other Gul had. Though there were rumors of other tribes with much longer legs, Arue beleived them to be false, and at the same time didn't care at all.

It was a very easy way to maneuver with silk, and even the small Gulvae knew how to shoot string. Only with years of precision, however, would prevent a Gul child from falling the forty feet to the ground.

However, to Arue, it was natural. The Gul were gifted with spinners and shooters, small tentacles that lined their mouths. Both would work together to create a sticky silk that would pull and swing Gul across the forest.

Fsin! Fsin! The silk shot at a nearby branch and held, Arue left his old strand and grasped the newly shot string.

He was close to his village; many peices of silk either hung from branches, or lay on the ground. This was cause of Gul travel.

"Hmm... Looks like the Recyclers have been slackin' off..." Opinioned Raz towards the stray silk strands.

Arue was in mid-swing when he saw it. A pillar of smoke roze from an area in the forest. As Arue focused his eyes behind the lone pillar, he saw there were other masses of smoke, rizing into the cloudless sky.

Arue shot string to the spot when he relized it: The smoke was coming from his village.

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

Last edited by Shadestorm; 01-25-2003 at 06:39 PM..
01-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Arue strung into his hut. It was in flames. Panic numbed his mind.

No!

He rushed in, he found his sister, leaning limp over a charred book.

"Ytri!"

He found his sister's burnt corpse, threw it over his shoulder and whisked out of his former hut. Arue hastily let himself down from the treetops onto the littered ground. He gently lay his sister on some Yui Pods.

Her skin was burnt black, on her chest was a black gash. The surrounding skin of the bleeding mark was dark purple. She had been poisoned.

Arue examind her arms, there seemed to be... There it was: the mark of the Dydakon Tribe: The Violet Sickle, was gashed into her upper right arm. They had done this vile act.

Arue bent over and wept on his sisters shoulders... No tears came, but the old wounds of his soul opened, and after minutes of sad confusion, he fainted.

------------

Last edited by Shadestorm; 01-26-2003 at 11:31 AM..
01-31-2003, 02:37 AM
Stripe
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Maryland
: 55
Stripe  (10)
TOTAL NEATNESS!

Super kool, a web-making species! Why should paramites have all the fun? Sad to see such a disaster so soon in the story, and the fact he lost his sister. "Normal" tribal conflicts or is there something more?

Must know more!!
01-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Post Continued

After waking in bitter cold of the night, Arue went to work.

Through sobs and tears he wound up his sister in silk, so that none of her wounded skin shew threw. Having no practice in death ceremonies and preparal, it was no easy feat to carry his sister through to the gate tree.

Finally after hours of exhaustion, he came to his tribal Gate tree. The amazing thing about this tree was that not only it was enormous, the branches were of the width of seven Gulchi, but that thousands of silked bodies hung by thick strands upon the mighty branches of the Gate tree.

With the last amount of energy Arue had, he hung his sister next to his dead parents, who had been hung apon the tree only three years ago.

It was done, his sister's soul was on it's way to Yakora, the heavens of the Gul.

Arue went to see how the rest in his village were faring after the attack.

------------

02-04-2003, 02:12 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Thats cool Shadestorm your useing your Gulchies in this story. Keep it up my friend and look for an update of my story "Crusades of the Relec!"

Paramiteabe...

02-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Native The Drifter Searches...

“They’re all dead damnit.”

Arue sighed; it was the seventh villager who had been scarred by the pale mark of the Violet Sickle clan. The first found villager had been sorrow; his friend and colleague, Togran, and his family had been burnt as well, afterwards poisoned with the mark of the Dydakon tribe. He had spent as much time mourning Togran as he had his scorched sister, but many others’s ashes still painted the skies.

Arue was checking his seventh hut, and all inside were burnt and tattooed, like had come to expect from the smoking corpses. It was the Ja’din family, Arue hadn’t known them very well, but several times had Master Ja’din gave him a helpful tip on using the Theus-blade. So he grieved.

He strung over to the next, and last hut. Everything was burnt, the thick ash clouds prevented him to confirm his dreading thoughts: that he would be the only left. However, before he could wait to settle his thoughts, it smacked into him. Arue had only a fraction of a moment to glimpse the beast, which was probably why it seemed a blur when the thing passed into his vision.

It was no straggling Dydakon; the thing was two arm-lengths higher than him, while Dydakons, still vicious, were only barely half of an adult Gulchi. The blur, seemingly stunned by the sudden intrusion, backhanded Arue and sent him both to the forest floor, and into the calming blackness in which his mind slept.

------------

Last edited by Shadestorm; 02-14-2003 at 04:23 AM..