Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Sad Help! My GameCube doesn't work!

My GameCube doesn't work.

I plugged it into a shaver adapter because Nintendo seemed to think we could re-wire our own plugs (it came with a UK plug not attached to anything). And the first time I turned it on, there was no picture. Then I switched it off and on again and now it won't even turn on.

Does anyone know how to fix this? If you don't I'll have to swap it for another one...
07-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Sorry about the Game Cube Gluk Schmuck, but if you report it to Nintendo then they should exchange it with a working one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

07-18-2002, 02:47 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Yeah, they'll probably let you trade it with no trouble at all. When I first got my Xbox, my only controller was malfunctioning, and Toys R Us yet me trade it that night.

07-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

Sorry about that. Was it just me being incredibly stupid or are there other people who didn't realise that you put the European plug inside the UK plug?

It works fine now. And Pikmin is a great game!
07-18-2002, 03:20 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Damn you, Tom! DAAAAAMMMN YOOOOOUU!!! I was going to get a GC before you... oh well.
07-18-2002, 05:21 PM
nads
Grubb Fisherman

: Mar 2002
: Essex, MA
: 946
nads  (10)
snoofers 8 yeah... I have diareeha,again

I'm waiting for

METROID PRIME!!! It's gonna be the gcn's Halo!

4 cold years...

07-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Edo
Stingbee

: Jul 2002
: Cincinnati, OH (Please check my profile.)
: 99
Edo  (10)
Native

I agree, pikmin is fun. It's too easy though, I'm at the final boss with all the pieces except what he gives you and I still have a week left. Another good game is Rogue Leader. I highly recommend it along with SSBM.
Magog on the March-News You Can't Abuse! Do Do Doo *Be Jealous* Do Donoo neer ner *My Hero, My Hero* "That Confidence! It's like he has an aura about him!" "Pshe! He should learn how to dress." I hate McDonald's and they hate me. Well they would, If they had ever heard of me. I will teach them to fear the name Edo! Drop me a line at edotheotakuking@hotmail.com Yo! If you're still reading this, you pass the attention span test. Don't you feel proud! Well, you should be. Most people can't pay attention for more than ten seconds. If you're still reading this, you get a full scholarship at the MacKinney Attention Span Community College. That's how attentive you are. I will reward your attentiveness by giving you my blessing and this link: www.engrish.com Thank you for your cooperation!

07-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

I tell you what I'm definately getting?

Super Monkey Ball then Luigi's Mansion. After that if SMS (probably US import), Star Fox, Metroid and Zelda aren't out by the time I get more money, I'll probably get something like SSBM or Rogue Leader.
07-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Dont buy Zelda, its all cartoony and srewed up now. Buy Super Metroid prime when it comes out(duh) and Jedi Knight 2. By the way, I recommend people to a dentist and make the place mad cash so the are givng me a Gamecube with and extra controller. That is so friggin' awesome!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

07-19-2002, 08:16 AM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
1. Dont buy Zelda, its all cartoony and srewed up now.

2. Buy Super Metroid prime when it comes out(duh) and Jedi Knight 2.

3. By the way, I recommend people to a dentist and make the place mad cash so the are givng me a Gamecube with and extra controller. That is so friggin' awesome!
1. I'm buying Zelda. It's my second most anticipated game for the GCN. Sunshine is my most.

2. Metriod's on my list. But I probably won't buy JK2 because most Star Wars games are pants.

3. I'm not sure what you're talking about but I think you mentioned bundles... I got a bundle from 'Games 2 U' where I get a GC, a turd-party controller and a turd-party memory card for about £12 more.

When it comes out, I'll get a Wavebird if it isn't too expensive. I'll probably also get a first-party memory card when I can.
07-19-2002, 01:44 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
Dont buy Zelda, its all cartoony and srewed up now.
I think it looks good. Link's face is far more expressive than it was in other games. Plus, if they used the same style that they used in the 64 versions, it would get boring.
07-19-2002, 06:59 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)
Zelda GC

Im buying my Game Cube tomorrow (Super YAY YAY for me!!)

And I'm was quiet dissapointed on the new Zelda, but hay, it's Zelda! It is going to rock!
But I actualy say a vidio secuence on the net (well I downloaded it from Kazaa) and it was really cool....
you se; Link was fighting Ganon, and it was no-cartoon graphics, and the movments and graphics where superb! It looked like 64 but way better. It must have been the original Zelda GC version.

BTW. When I buy my GC tomorrow, what game should I buy first??
07-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Re: Zelda GC

:
Originally posted by dark_xinos
BTW. When I buy my GC tomorrow, what game should I buy first??
Either Pikmin or Super Monkey Ball.
07-19-2002, 07:18 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Ok, I know a bit about Pikmin... but can someone tell me about Super Monkey Ball? Thanks for every!

Edit: I aint getting it today. I will get it within 3-5 days... I save 20€. And my mother wants me to do it that way. "You need to lurn to be patient."

Hope Amazon.com only takes three days....THREE DAYS! Or even FIVE! "shudders"

Last edited by dark_xinos; 07-19-2002 at 11:52 PM..