06-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
Drag's off topic pics

Blee! *bounces* Here's some of pics I did recently. I will just link 'em so this topic doesn't get slowed up by loading the piccys.

First one I was looking through Psycrowe's art and was thinking what would my characters look like as a draekad (dang it...I think I spelled that wrong...) or furr dragon. So here is Mal as a furr dragon, hand inked and colored with Color Pencils. (Furr dragons are (c) Psycrowe...Malice and the are or (c) me...gawd I hate having to put copyrights...)
Malice as a dragon...Psycrowe Style

Next up, this is a scene from one of my non-Oddworld stories. BTW...it is meant to be night time and those things on his head are supposted to be feathers (tips on drawing those would be greatly apprecated...). Both inked and colored in Photoshop.

Shot

Last up...is a profile pic of my alter ego...no not Dragadon...my 'real' one...Sl'askia. Sorry...you'll have to copy and paste this one...as if I put it on PI you wouldn't be able to read the text....Inked and colored in Photoshop.

http://www11.brinkster.com/slaskia/SI/Dragons/Kiapf.gif

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

Last edited by Sl'askia; 06-13-2002 at 12:41 PM..
06-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I know im just going to kick myself for asking this but who is Psycrowe©?

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-14-2002, 03:58 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Nice drawings. I like the tonal variation on the wing in the first one.

Have you ever considered using more natural tones, or are you happy sticking to your original, bold palette?

06-14-2002, 05:30 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

I already saw those in SRFR, but they are lovely. I've always admired the way you Photoshop things.

Jacob, Psycrowe is an artist with some of her work on the web.

06-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Have you ever considered using more natural tones, or are you happy sticking to your original, bold palette?
*raises a brow* How do you mean?

06-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

I just noticed your drawings use bright, bold colours (which is by no means a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact). I was wondering if you'd ever considered using natural, earthy hues. Sorry if my words came out as though I was criticising you.

06-14-2002, 12:04 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Kewl pix Drag. Specially Malice.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Ah, another piccy topic by 'Kia! *Pounces* I always admired your shading and highlighting, as they were always better than my own and have gotten very impressive over the past few pics. I admit to using your art as inspiration, sometimes. Your vivid coloring always caught my eye, though like Sydney said, it may be interesting to just experiment with warm, neutral colors. However, since I knows ya the best, I can add a few nit-pixels.
My only thingy is... whoa, I just forgot it... hold please *Screen pops up, showing her playing bassoon with some elegant 'elevator' music playing in the background* I think I remember now. Watch your proportions. I notice that some of your limbs are a bit tiny. Well, I'm one who typically draws thick, muscular limbs, so maybe it's just my style clouding my judgement. So I'll just shut the hell up now!*Runs from wrath of draconic seeeeeester* GWEEEE!!!

06-14-2002, 06:46 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Not at all Syd. I was just a bit confused about your question. As for my coloring tactics...I usually color in the base color of the character first (in other words...what the skin/clothing would look like without shading or hightlights), then using a darker/lighter hue of that color to do the shading/highlights (I hate using black...too strong a color, unless of course the pic itself needs black. Almost the same with white as well.) Thinking about it now...my most of my characters are rather vivid in coloration *shrug* out of habit I guess. I did do a pic that I think is what you are refering to.

This is one the Chris's RPG characters that he asked me to do. Since I had no idea what the coloration of the creature was...but knew the character was reptilian in nature I based the coloration off of earthen (is that a word?) reptiles. *Shrug* So I guess it depends on what the pic calls for.
Hmm...I need to practice more with my colored pencils...and I got that other pic of Onul to do...oops...sorry...mesa rambling.
Aye BD I know. The reason they look like that is that I am trying to have my anatomy more realistic. (most don't have six-pac abs and Superman sized biceps ya know...)
Onul for instance...is of average human strength and relies more on his agility then strength in a fight (being a marshall arts guy)...so he doesn't need to be all 'bulked up'.

06-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Another pic of Onul...only this time he is ready to kick someones butt.
Merk...I don't like how this pic turned out...I think it's because the sketch I inked was too small for computer inking...><...probably should have enlarged it before inking *grumble*

Ready to kick butt

06-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Pencil sketch here. I was working on my Ninja Turtle/Saurian Isle fic (those of you who know me well will know what I am talking about...) and I finally got to the part where 'my dragons' meet up with the 'dragons' in the 'Ninja Turtle: The Next Mutation' show. Now...one of my main gripes about the show was that the so called 'dragons' in that show didn't look like dragons to me. More like anthro dinos IMO...and that's pushing it. (the only one that looked like a dragon was Wik...but even he was pathitic looking) Yes yes I know they had limitations as to what they could do for the show...but come on! This is the computer age for crying out loud! (ok...so maybe my standards for 'what is a dragon' is a bit higher then most...but then that's me...)
Now here in this pic, Dragonlord (the head evil anthro dino looking 'dragon') had just commanded his dragon minions to attack Dragadon. O' Drag...after hearing him refer to himself and his minions as dragons...thinks it's pretty funny that Dragonlord even considers himself a dragon...

I had to hunt down a pic of Dragonlord to get him right (tis been awhile since I seen the show ya know...), so if you are curious...here is the pic I used as reference:
http://www.foxhome.com/turtles/htmls/fireguy.html

BTW...did I ever mention that I obsolutely HATE drawing clothes and armor? *grumble grumble*

PS: The fic this pic is based on is loaded on my site if you are interested. Yes...shameless advertising....

Edit: grrr...*switches out the IMG tags with HTML* Why the heck doesn't this board like Picture-It urls anymore!?

edit2: ok...who keeps eating my words here? *eyes shift looking at everyone*

Last edited by Sl'askia; 06-18-2002 at 04:04 PM..
06-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

What I am scaring peeps off by talking too much in here? Merp...oh well...here is the lastest pic.

Dis is D'meta, a female Auvokk (and no...she is not meant to have breasts...).

D'meta

06-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Merp...another pic. This is a Swai, an Auvokk weapon. (you can probably guess what this thing was inspired by...)

Swai

06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Merk! Did I scare everyone away?...*sigh* Anyway...here is a old face...Spider. (Stupid PI fuzzing up my pics! *kicks it*)

Spider

06-24-2002, 06:57 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

I like D'meta and the Spider pic (what's he cross about?). The way you make your pictures look 3D by highlighting and shading them is amazing, especially considering you're doing it with a mouse instead of by hand. Spider's muscle and bone structure seems to be spot on as well.

Did D'meta's name come from the Greek goddess Demeter, or were you just playing around with syllables and the similarity is a coincidence?

06-24-2002, 04:15 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Dragadon
Merk! Did I scare everyone away?...*sigh*
Me speekee MSN!

:
Originally posted by One, Two, Middlesboogie
Did D'meta's name come from the Greek goddess Demeter, or were you just playing around with syllables and the similarity is a coincidence?
A reliable source tells me the name is deliberately similar to the name of another character of hers, Dementa, since the two characters are more or less the same.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

06-25-2002, 11:45 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

MERK! Bad Dan! I was going to explain it!

Yeah..D'meta is just a play on Dementa's name. Cause as Dan said...the two characters are almost alike.

New pic! This is one of me god characters...Zilathoga, the Goddess of suffering.

Zilathoga

06-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Seriously, you are a good artist. I really find the Zilathoga pic to be very cool looking. Keep up the work*thumbs up*
06-27-2002, 10:41 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Only me, just poking a nose in to demonstrate that yep, I'm still alive...

Le Bleu Auvokk looks rather startled, non?

(And just an aside - *grumbles at Rach's determination to still put drakkics on another world entirely as it's still doing her head in something chronic*)

And now I better run, or else I'll get nagged for being late back to work... (May get some pics up if/when I get my computer back up and running, I think my style's improving, but don't anyone get hopeful...)

06-28-2002, 09:05 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Oy Teal...I told you...you don't have to change anything in regards to the Drakkics in your fics. If I wasn't keeping all Oddworld versions I wouldn't be continuing to write their fics.

Back on Topic...I did this rather randomly, and its not meant to be anything really. (though you can see a couple of dragon-like shapes in there...must be due to my spirit side *smirk*)

Weird

06-29-2002, 12:38 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Meep! Another pic for tonight. This is Demonakos, the God of Chaos for those that don't know him.

Demonakos

Edit: It would help if I did the coding right...*sigh*

Last edited by Sl'askia; 06-28-2002 at 04:40 PM..
06-29-2002, 10:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

More piccys. This first pic is of my draconic self's unicorn form. Used a pic of Rain from the movie 'Spirit' as a guide...as I don't draw horse types very often....

Sl'askia as Unicorn

This pic is of a random dragon I did. I like this guy...I might make a character out of him.

Random Dragon

06-30-2002, 08:49 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

I like the 'weird' doodle; it looks like a tatoo design.

The Demonakos pic is lovely; it's an interesting pose and it makes him look a bit like a beast from Greek/Roman-type mythology.

The unicorn is just brilliant; that's lovely shading. 'Spirit' has only just come out here; I might go and see it.

And I like the random dragon; he reminds me of some of the dragons from Spyro.

07-01-2002, 11:50 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

New pic I managed to upload dispite my modem probs on my main computer. Its a sketch of Dragator's head (remember her? The bad @$$ Utah Raptor that represents my nasty side.). I actually decided to go into great detail with this one...something that is very rare for me. I really liked how her mane came out...

Dragator

I may color this...not sure yet though...

07-02-2002, 06:04 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

Wow, that's very groovy! That pic came out excellently; you should be proud of it.

07-02-2002, 08:32 AM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
I know im just going to kick myself for asking this but who is Psycrowe©?
Psycrow is the bad guy in Earth Worm Jim
07-02-2002, 08:49 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Xinos, Psycrowe is also the name of a very good dragon artist. An exampleof her work can be found on this site.

Yes Anna...I am very proud of that pic. *beams*

07-02-2002, 12:51 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Ahoy, you scervy salteen crackers! That changes things a bit ay dragadon?
07-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Get ready to have your socks knocked off! Here is the colored version of the last pic I posted!

Dragator - colored

I used a different method to color this one. This time I just colored over the sketch on a different layer and had that layer at only 50% transparency. I quite like how it came out...intend to use this method more often....

07-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

*claps hands*

Rachel,

You drew sooo many pics in the last year. You showed us all of them.

From the smallest sketches to big coloured drawings, they looked all so cute, inspiring and terrific. But this drawing impresses me so much, that I even tend to be jealous!

Oh boy *calms down*