05-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
MAIN: Corruption

(ooc: dis a continuation of 'Aftermath' (go here if you want the background). I got tired of waiting so I am being proactive.
PS: SERIOUS POSTERS ONLY!!!)

"I don't know...where should we go?" Blue asked as the group moved away from the assulted Camp Biros.
"We need a find a temporary spot to think things over..." Dementa said thinking, then got an idea, "I know a place, follow me."

After a while they reached a run down shack that looked like it hadn't been used in a while.
"I spotted this place on my wanderings a bit back...it should do." Dementa said.
Spider scowled at the shack.
"I remember this place...this is were Lanar held me captive..." he growled.
"Now that you mention it...he's right..." Blue said.
"Well in that case they won't expect us here." Dementa said as wheeled Spider in., "Looks like it needs a new door..."

(ooc: yes a bit crappy...but I am just TRYING to get this thing started again!)

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

05-16-2002, 11:26 PM
intestinal_scra
Zappfly

: May 2002
: 4
intestinal_scra  (10)
Happy

umm jus wondering if i could join ?

05-17-2002, 01:15 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

(OOC: I think I'll let Rach answer that)

Blue heads on over to the door. "Oh well, it's just for one night. I'm sure we can cope with a broken door. . ." The door suddenly falls off as she attempts to close it. It falls to the ground infront of the shack with a 'Whumph!'. "Then again maybe not." She begins to walk back across the room. "Wouldn't be a bit drafty in here if this shack doesn't have a d-" There is a loud cracking sound, which comes from underneath her. "Huh? What the. . .?" She doesn't have any time to say anything else as the floor gives way beneath her. "YAAAH!!" She yells as she falls down the very same trap door that she fell down last time she was in this shack.

(OOC: Yeah, you remember. Olm was being kept in it.)
- DH

05-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: please type 'ooc' if you are going to talk out of character intestinal_scra. If you want to join in this plot you need to: 1) Read the rules if you haven't already done so. (they are in the topic 'RPG rules') 2) Read through the topic (and any older topics that apply) so you know what is going on. 3) Be able to spell decently so we can tell what the heck you are saying, same with grammar. (if we don't understand it...we'll ignore that post for the time being until you clarify). 4) When you make your first post, try not to conflict with other players. If you are not sure if what you are going to have your character to do will conflict with the plot or not...ask! (via PM or through an IM (most RPers here use MSN) 5) Most of all, BE PATIENT! If the other RPers can't interact with your character for whatever reason at that point in time, we can't. Don't take it as if we don't want you in here. 6) One more thing...DON'T expect us to write your posts for you...because we won't.)

Dementa ran over to the hole Blue just fell into.
"You ok?" She called down to her.
"Yeah...ow..." Blue mumbled rubbing her bum, muttering some curses as how she fell down the stupid trap door again.
Dementa reached down and helped Blue back up.
"So what is our next move?" Dementa asked the others.
"Well we need to figure out how to expose the Major." Spider said.
Seltin looked up and over at Spider at this.
"What are you talking about?" he asked.
Dementa raised a brow but said nothing.
"Oh yeah...Dementa, we wanted to tell you this before...but the Mayor has gone corrupt." Blue said.
"Corrupt!?" Seltin cried, "That can't be!"
"It is Seltin." Spider asked, "The Mayor has been dealing with a Vykker, that's why all those sligs are here..."
"A vykker..." Dementa said softly, not loud enough for the others to hear. Memories came back to her...of when she was a prisioner in one of the Vykkers labs. Horrible things were done to her...they even found a way to 'neutralise' her harm touch so the local guards could have their way with her.
Her eyes narrowed and she clentched her fists, seething in anger at what they had done to her....

[(ooc: next!)

05-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

(OOC: Boredom!!)

A twig snapped underfoot of the Hunter. It was time, time to finish the job and to be done with Tobias...the traitor. The creatures didn't exactly know why Tobias had turned and was now working on his own and doing his own thing instead of executing his assigned job...but they didn't like it. They all had taken strict orders to perform their assignment and all had permission to execute a traitor. The Orkhid even killed his partner in the job...bastard.

Hunter #1: "Iccos...ander?"

It turned to its partner, they were on the damp, leave ridden ground and had come to Camp Biros. Sligs were patrolling the area whilst their comrades searched the premises.

Hunter #2: "Olki."

A snigger escaped both of them and they proceeded to try and avoid the creatures as best they could. A shoot out was the last thing they needed.

Slig #1: "Uhuh...yerr, sure. Thats what i was thinking, we better go tell Kripe."

The Hunters were disturbed as a un-weary Slig wandered into their bee-line. Flanking it was another who was increasingly dropping further behind whilst checking its gun.

Slig #2: "Yeh...well if its true...i want the damn credit this time!!"

The 2nd one gently shoved the first in a playful manner and they laughed and carried on walking, the Hunters were frozen, trying to blend in and make no sudden movements...watching the creatures wander away. Then suddenly the 2nd Slig dropped a bullet, spinning around and bending down to pick it up the green soldier noticed the Hunter' feet. The red goggles seemed to glow brighter for a brief moment.

Slig #2: "F-Frrreeeeeze!!"

It pulled up its gun, its finger slowly pulling back the trigger. As it attempted to do so one of the Hunters sprinted forwards, its metal claws escaping their compartment. The arm of the Hunter rapidly came down into the Sligs face and visor. The claws piercing through the skull and metal mask of the soldier and killing it instantly. Its finger twitched one last time, firing 3 bullets into the air, before the gun finally dropped out of its limp hand. The claws retracted, black blood staining them.
*Thump*
The body dropped sideways, a mass of blood spurting out of the head, joining the sparks of the mask to backup the fact that the Slig was dead and beyond help.

Slig #1: "Hey...whats goin on?"

The deceased's friend trotted along, through the tree's and out of the darkness to find its friend lying on the ground. Twitching gently. Nothing in the area could possibly have caused this and it was too dark to start searching even with the night vision goggles they had. All it could do was get help...and so it did...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Seltin sagged onto a slightly rotten chair, which creaked, but held his weight. He buried his face in his hands and sighed. A Vykker... That doesn't make him corrupt, does it? I mean, the city folk might be unpleasant, but they're not evil or anything... He came to a decision and sat up. "I'm sure he has his reasons for aligning with the industrials..." He felt himself becoming more angry as he spoke. "If you remember, the city was practically under siege by Malice at the time, and it could well be that we would all be dead if he hadn't struck that deal! You never stop to think, do you? I mean, why can't you just trust that he's doing the right thing? He has served this town well practically all his life, and does he get recognition for it? No, he gets cynical and prejudiced people like you criticising him for saving their lives!" He felt himself blinking back tears, and realised he was going over the top. "Look, what evidence do you have that his dealings with this vykker were anything less than legitimate?"

[OOC: Feel free to let Dementa go off on a bit of righteous indignation about how much she's suffered etc, if you wish, Rach... I just felt it was important to let the other point of view be heard.]

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: eh...I think you are going to have two drakks on his case...oh boy...)

"Seltin..." Spider said, keeping his voice calm, "The Mayor was a good mud...but he has gone mad with power. Yes I understand why he made the deal with the Vykker...but the Vykker is also using him...using him to get those the Cartel wants back, including me. What have Idone to to anyone in the village to deserve being put back in that hell hole they call a lab? I saved this town twice, Seltin, and all I want is to live in peace. Yes I have done bad things at the start of my life...but I was driven to near insanity by what they had done to me, I had no other choice. What you have me to? Stay there and be tortured for the rest of my life? Or escape and be free to try to live like everyone else fighting the Cartel? Do I not deserve a chance to atone for what I have done? A goodess herself gave me her blessing...does that not mean anything to you? Yes I failed to stop Malice myself..." he winced at the pain of that memory, "but I am not perfect....no one is. You know in yer heart that I would gladly give my life to protect this village..."
"Look I know the are not pleasent types." Seltin retorted, "but they are not evil..."
"Not...evil?" Dementa said slowly, trying to keep her temper, but was failing, "How...can you be so...arogent(sp)? They not evil because they enslaved much of the mudokon race?" Her voice started to get louder, "Not evil because they do terrible things to innocent creatures!? Not evil because the pollute and clear-cut our lands!?" Her voice was shrill and shaking now, "Not evil because the wiped out my people and knows how many others for the sack of PROFIT!!!!?????"
Before anyone else could stop her she grabbed Seltin and pinned him up against the wall.
"I have been in their so-called 'care' for a few months about a year ago." she growled, her violet eyes burning with fury, "They ran horrible experiments on me...and had the guard have their fun with me...dispite my harm touch! Do you call that 'not evil'?" She dropped him then and stepped away, shaking and trying hard to get herself back under control.
When Spider had recovered from Dementa's sudden outburst, he said:
"Seltin...That Vykker is using the Mayors lust for power against him. I hard the Vykker say this myself...when those sligs had captured me the first time: 'He is a threat to your power.' Now tell me...when have I ever been a threat to the Mayor?"

(ooc: I had actually wrote Dementa's reaction first...but when I double checked what Seltin had said I realised I was implying that Dementa could read minds...oops...so I rearanged it...)

05-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Seltin rubbed his neck, and then his temples, which were beginning to throb. "Look, I know how it may appear, but you have to believe me when I say that the Mayor has only the best interests of Pyke at heart." He sagged into a chair, and waved an arm vaguely. "I mean, you make these vague, sweeping accusations, when you have no real evidence." He turned to Dementa. "You're making unfair generalisations about the city folk, for a start, I mean I'm as much against Industrialisation as anyone, but you can't just tar a whole species with the same brush, just because some of them have been fairly nasty in the past... I mean, if you can give me any real evidence that the Mayor has been up to no good, then I'll support you, by all means, but most of what you've said so far has been assumption and supposition..."

05-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Dementa snorted.
"No...most of the city populous are ignorant to the hows and wheres they get all those 'luxourys' they have...those that do don't care...all they care about is their own little world of concrete and steel." Dementa growled then went quiet, fuming.
"Are you quite finished ranting Dementa?" Spider asked.
Dementa just snorted again.
"I guess so..." Spider looked back over at Seltin and sighed, "No we don't have any...'hard' evidence. That is what we need. All we have is what we have seen and heard, mostly me. The Mayor was my friend at one time...now he sees me as a threat for no reason." Spider hung his head, "Just think about it ok? And keep yer eyes and ears open."
"You're not just letting him go are you!?" Dementa growled.
"If we force him to stay here we'll be no better then the criminals they say we are..." Spider said, giving her a hard look, "and we are trying to clear our names...not muck them up further."
"Alright..." Dementa grumbled.

05-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Selten buried his face in his hands and sighed. "Okay, I'll ask around, keep my eyes open, and see if I can't set your mind at rest..."

Dementa snorted and walked from the room. Spider frowned after her, and turned to Selten. "Don't mind her, she's had some very bad experiences at the hands of the Industrials. I don't think she'd ever be able to think of them as anything but moneygrabbing killers..."

Selten nodded, and rose from his seat. "I'll see you around, then. Tell you what I come up with..." He looked after the departed drakkic. "Tell her I said goodbye, will ya?" With that, he strode out of the door and towards the city, the burning glow of the setting sun behind him...

05-21-2002, 12:36 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

(Can Alex come back?)

Wrex.

05-21-2002, 07:50 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

(OOC: No, unless you've learned to RPG properly yet.)

Blue watches Seltin leave. "Bye now." She turns to Spider. "Do you suppose I ought to go try and cheer Dementa up?"
"Nah." Spider replies. "It's probably best she is left alone fer a while."
"Alright." Blue thinks for a bit. "You know, what we really need is hard evidence of this Vykker, not just eyewitness reports from a couple of people."
"Well, Duh." Spider says. Blue continues.
"I think sometime soon, after we've checked on Camp Biros, we ought to go to the Mayors house and confront the bastard. . . And try and find that Vykker while we're at it."
- DH

05-21-2002, 08:31 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

"He'll most likely deny it Blue." Spider said shaking his head, "Then have us arrested. We need to get the evidence before we confront him...and when we confront him, do it so that others are present. Besides...since Dementa is still unknown here...she would still be the best one to get such evidence."
"Yeah...her being a thief an all..." Blue said with a nod, "She needs to calm down first though..."

Meanwhile Dementa had slipped out side without their knowledge. Walking away from the hut a ways, she climbed up a tree next to a stream and sat there brooding.
City folk are not bad he says...we need evidence he says... she thought bitterly, If it wasn't for the Cartel I wouldn't be here...I would still be with my people, still cursed yes but at least I would be with my own kind. Now only Spider is the closest to kin I have...and he was created by the ones I loathe the most...at least he is on my side though.
She sighed, leaning back against the main trunk of the tree.
They'll probably want me to look for the hard evidence they need to prove our claims...well I am the best suited for that task.
She had just jumped down from the tree and was about to head back in when she thought she saw something in the shadows. Freezing by instinct, she scanned the shadows but couldn't see anything. She sniffed and scented traces of blood on the wind, slig blood, and something else, but she didn't know what. Something was out there...something nasty and she tensed, ready to react if need be....

(ooc: Yo Jacob...if ya going to do it...you have the chance to now...that is if you didn't forget. Also...I tried to PM you with a question but your box is full you need to empty it out...)

05-21-2002, 10:33 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

They could smell it again...the corpse. They had smelt it whilst wondering around in the village but shrugged it off, thinking it may of been Carrion or a dead animal. But it wasn't. They knew this because it was the exact same smell but in a different area. The scent on Carrion would have been washed off by now...this one lingered, as strong as ever. The Hunters who were now in the tree's halted, one of them was on a branch, its fingers and toes gripping the bark (Think of how a Lemur walks on branches, thats how Hunters do.).

Hunter #2: "Ick...Ick Corrks gian."

It turned its head to the other, its featureless mask eerie in the moonlight. Its cohort merely snorted and clambered up the trunk of the tree to a higher branch, chittering away to itself.

Hunter #2: "Corrks...Corrks gian!!"

It called in a horse, raspy blast of tone (Like the Raptors do in JR3.) trying to get its point across. The other looked down at him and snorted, waving its hand downwards to basically say "Shut up!"...it did. Whilst being on the highest branch that could sustain its weight the Hunter smelled the entire vicinity around the tree, its senses in overdrive as it listened to Bats beat their wings through the air. Slugs and Snails slowly sliding around in the undergrowth. But nothing it sensed, smelt or heard could of been emitting that corpse like smell. And then suddenly its mind eye pieced together something that could of been the target. The walk cycle seemed like that of Mudokon, whilst the smell was corpse like. The breathing was slow...like it was in the middle of thinking about something. The Hunter snarled...that was the corpse...the walking dead, something that could sustain severe injury and not die. The placing of feet however seemed heavier than usual, usually Mudokons were light and could easily trudge along the wet mud without sinking in that deep...this one however was different, he sank in at least quater of a millimeter from the sounds of the Mud. The Hunter breathed in and turned its head to a side. So that the side of its head (Where its ears were situated.) were pointing in its direction. It was sort of a...a rubbing against its leg...and the smell was like that of Tobias.

Hunter #1: "Chezk TOBIAS!! CHEZK TOBIAS ET CORRKS!!"

The Hunter on the lower branch snarled, its metallic claws being beared it leapt down from the tree. For a brief second it thought it smelt another corpse...but shrugged it off...a item of Tobias was up ahead, one that could possibly give them leads. Its arms spread out, its claws beared for all to see it sprinted...sprinted towards the scent...towards its victim...

(OOC: Feel free to beat up the Hunter as much as you want...but remember...its a hard bastard and can usually sense punches/kicks before they happen. Also its wearing metal armour all over its body practicly.)

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-21-2002, 11:23 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: oh I hate doing fight scenes...oh well here it goes...)

If Dementa hadn't been expecting it...it would have caught her completely flat footed. Instinctively she jumped, and kicked at her attackers back as it passed underneigth her. She yelped in surprise when her foot hit metal.
What the... she thought as she landed in a crotching postion, Thing must be covered with armor.
To confirm her suspisions, the creature stopped once it had realized it missed its target and turned back around toward it. The moonlight revealed a form that looked reptilian...but covered nearly head to toe with armor. Wicked claws tipped its paws and Dementa had the destinct feeling this thing intended to kill her.
F*ck She thought, How am I to fend this thing off? There isn't any place to get it with my harm touch.
She didn't get a chance to think it over much...as it charged her again. Quickly she jumped up again, but it was wise to that trick this time...it twisted up and backhanded her out of the air and she landed with a thud in the leaf litter about 10 feet away.
Quickly shaking the stars out of her head, she looked up just in time to see it almost on her, claws aiming to kill. Thinking quickly she kicked up with both feet, kicking its lower jaw. She didn't feel armor there...but to her dismay the blast thing had scales...and scales were enough to render her harm touch useless (Scales don't have nerve endings ). The creatures head jerked back at her blow, but it was only momentarily stunned and Dementa quickly rolled out of the way before it struck. She did a sweep and knocked its legs out from under it. It recovered faster then she liked, however, and managed to slash her upper left arm with its claws. She just managed to dance away before it landed another blow.
Things too fast and strong...I can't fight it...need to flee... Dementa thought holding her arm.
It started to rush at her again, this time she rushed at it seeming to meet its challenge. But instead she undid the clasp of her cape and, holding the ends with her hands, leaped over the creature covering its head with her cape and letting it go. Unfortunately this thing apparently didn't go by sight...it whirled around and slashed her across her left shoulder blade as she landed.
Crying out, Dementa forced herself to keep running, jumping up into the nearest tree and kept going, ignoring the throbbing pain in her left arm and shoulder. She knew that if this thing wanted her dead...she best led it away from her friends and from Pyke...

(ooc: course its up to you if it gives chase Chris...just don't kill her too badly now (her 'regeneration' is dependent on just how badly she was injured when she 'died')...I need her in upcoming posts...)

05-22-2002, 01:36 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: oooooK. It was actually going to attack Seltin...but still. Lol.)

A barking sound came from the grounded Hunters vocal chords and it looked in the direction of one of the tree's. A small screech was its response and branches and leaves swayed as the second Hunter made a bee-line for Dementa. The remainder turned around and snarled, it had been distracted by that thing and had possibly lost its prey. The claws retracted and it crouched down, shuffling along the ground, trying to keep as hidden as possible. Finally it sensed the preys pressence, CO2 was being breathed out in the Hunters direction which suggested the creature was facing towards it. The sound of eye lids pressing together seemed to suggest squinting, and the sound of quick and rapid breathing suggested that the creature was panicking...and for good reason. With the surrounding area slowly being pieced together, and the sonar the Hunter was giving off building the vicinity up piece by piece the Hunter was ready to move in...and it did. Its feet hardly touching the ground as it seemed to float towards Seltin, who was un-aware of what was about to happen to him.

Dementa was branch hopping as quickly as she could, hearing the creatures heavy breathing behind her and didn't want to hesitate too long incase it reached her, killed her and then turned back into the direction of Pyke. Leaping she grabbed hold of a tree trunk, her claws digging in as best they could, she turned her head to see a metallic object sailing through the air, bounding on branches and heading towards her. She looked up and scrambled quickly, trying to get to the top of the tree as best she could with her injuries. But the Hunter was one-step ahead of her each time and leapt vertically up through the branches that obstructed the way. Its armour clinking as it did so. Eventually halting when it was ahead of her. Dementa seemed to stop breathing for a brief second, listening to its soft purring sound which was somewhat comforting. Then she watched, watched in horror as its head slowly tilted down and looked directly at her. The featureless mask seemed to laugh at her as the artificial claws of the creature shot out. Its arms stretching out sideways, like that of a bird about to take flight it leapt downwards. For Dementa it all seemed to happen in slow motion, the Hunter' metallic body closing in on her, its sharp claws reaching for her and then...
*Slonnch*
They cut through her body, through her side and severed her ribs. She could feel her left lung puncturing and oxygen quickly seeping out. All but one of the claws of the Bounty had dug deeply into her and as it slowly desended the claws ripped through her flesh even more. Dementa gasped, trying to scream but her collapsed lung disabled this action. Finally the claws exited her body just before reaching the pelvis. The Hunter dropped and landed on a branch below, its toes wrapping around it and the claws of the toes digging into the bark to sustain balance. It watched as its victim let go of the bark and tumbled slowly down to the soil, gravity yanking her through all the branches that stood in her way. 5 large vertical wounds leading down her side two of which were the killer blow. The 6th claw could not puncture any skin and merely marked her back. But the deed was done...the enemy punished. The corpse now a corpse. Turning to were it had come from the Hunter holstered its deadly weapons, and slowly made its way back to its partner. Anticipating the next time it meets with Tobias.

(OOC: Blaaaaaahhhness. If u dont understand any of it jus PM me.)

05-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: understood it well enough. She'll be back in about a days time RPG wise. *grin* Let me know when its been a day ok? For Spider I would like someone to post first before I do more with him...

Dementa: *looks at wounds* That hurt creep...*snort*)

05-22-2002, 08:25 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

(OOC: Ouch!)

Blue hears strange noises comming from outside.
"Did you hear that?" She asks Spider and Olm.
"Yes. . ."
"Me too. . ."
They both reply.
"What do you think it was?" Asks Spider.
"It sounds similar to the sound we heard when I was carrying Olm on my back while going to Camp Biros earlier today." Blue says. Olm nods.
"Whatever it was, it didn't sound very nice. . ."
Olm says. Suddenly, Blue has a horrible thought.
"Wait. . . Seltin and Dementa are out there. . . What if they get in trouble?"
"Nah, I'm sure they'll be okay." Spider says.
"No you aren't!" Blue quickley whips out her staff and heads for the door. She turns and speaks to Olm and Spider before she runs off.
"I'm going to go see what it is, and try and find them. Olm, stay here and yell if anythign comes here. I won't be going very far."
Spider and Olm watch her go through the door, and run off into the dusk.
- DH

05-22-2002, 08:32 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: that was quick...hehe)

Even though he was sure Dementa was capable of fending for herself...Spider had a bad feeling.
"You know..." he said to Olm absently, "It's times like these I wish I wasn't so badly hurt..."
He was afraid whatever that was would come here and now they didn't have anyone to protect them. Yes he still had his special abilities...but in his weakened state he doubted he would be able to sustain it long enough to fend off what ever happened to attack them.
He sighed worriedly and kept all his senses on alert.

05-22-2002, 08:51 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Meanwhile outside, Blue heads over to the clearing in the wood. As she enters the clearing, she hears a very quiet sound of claws ripping through flesh. As she turns towards where she heard the sound, she sees two shaloutes(SP) against the moonlight up a tree not so far away. One of the shaloutes seems to remove it's hands from the other shaloute. The other shaloute slowly begins to lose it's balance, before falling down from the tree, hitting lots of brances on the way down. Horror struck, Blue looks around for a place to hide. She sees a lake, sneaks over there quickley, and quietly slips in. She quietly swims over to a reed bed, and sticks her head up above the water amoungst the reeds, where she watches the killer move down the tree, and head off into the night. She decides to wait for a little bit before headign over to the body. . .
- DH

05-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: I'll do the next)

Seltin's eyes widened. A mass of clanking metal was speeding towards him, the metal was relativly hard to see unless the light of the moon shone down on it, but the white mask was so clear. It was eerie, seeing something like that quickly close in on you. Seltin's throat seemed to collapse, his breathing became quick and his pupils dilated with pure fear.

Seltin: "H-Help!! Some...body!!"

His voice was shrill and desperate, realising no-one was going to reach him in time the terrified Mudokon turned tail and began to speed off away from the critter closing in. It was no use, the Hunter merely leapt into the tree's and disappeared through the thickness of branches and leaves. Seltin did not care what it did, so long as he could get to Pyke and away from it. His head was flustered with confusion, wondering what to do, what not to do, how to escape and where to hide. Pondering the fact that if the guards couldn't stop it...who would!? In his thought he was oblivious to what had happened farther up ahead. The Hunter had sped on in front of Seltin, hid amongst the leaves and then dropped down in front of him. Scanning the area with its sonar it built up a mental picture of the area and then turned focusing them on Seltin...the Mudokon heading straight towards it.

Hunter: "Tobias..."

Its feign claws shot out as it turned to face him. Seltin's face turned pure white as he realised what was about to happen and as the creatures right paw had grabbed hold of his neck, hoisted him off the ground and was preparing to skew him...

Seltin: "N...No...please!!"

(OOC: Who's going to help!?)

05-22-2002, 09:13 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Blue looks at Dementa on the floor. She somehow feels kind of sad for her, before realising that she'll come back. As she is about to bend down to drag Dementa's body back, she hears a cry for help not so far off and begins to run.

(OOC: Don't kill Seltin just yet!!)
- DH

05-22-2002, 09:16 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: He is carrying Tobias' gun, the Hunters know its a Mudokon but they want to know were Tobias is...and the gun is a good lead.)

Hunter: "Tobias...TOBIAS CHEZK TOBIAS!!"

Seltin was quivering with fear, he could no longer speak properly and instead his voice quivered. The Hunters grasp on his neck tightened and the claws inched closer to his gut.

Seltin: "T...T...i...i dont know!!"

Seltin felt himself get thrown down to the ground, his back hitting something hard...and long. He turned his head and noted it was a long fallen branch.

Hunter: "TOBIAS...!?"

Its voice was corse and it moved closer to the Mudokon, brandishing its claws in a interrogation like way. Rubbing them on Seltins face. Seltin gulped, his Adams apple swollen with fear...making it hard. Making a sudden movement the Hunter grabbed hold of the gun, waving it in front of Seltins face and hissing the word 'Tobias' over and over again.

Seltin: "Y-you...you want to find Tobias...is...is that it?"

The Hunter cast down the gun and nodded, grabbing Seltins arm it lifted him back on his feet viciously.

Hunter: "Tobias...?"

Its tone was softer and with more compassion this time. Realising it would get further if it was quieter and less aggressive.

Seltin: "Y-yes...i know Tobias. I will take you to him...so long as you keep me alive. Ok?"

The Hunters head cocked and then it ushered Seltin on, snarling and barking to itself. Seltin had just lied...something that may of lengthened his life span. But will certainly cause him more pain in the long run...

(OOC: NEXT!! lol)

05-22-2002, 09:35 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

Blue sneaks up quietly to the hunter and Seltin. She watches them both as the head off towards Pyke.
"Oh no!!" She thinks. "If that thing heads towards Pyke. . . The consequences are just not worth thinking about! I'd better go back to the shack and tell the others. . . If Dementa couldn't handel it, neither would I." And she heads back to where Dementa's corpse is. She finds her cape nearby and wraps her up in it before carrying it back to the shack. . .
- DH

05-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Seltin breathed deeply, still not quite believing he was alive, and not knowing how long this state of affairs would last...

Tobias... he frowned, I thought I knew most of the people around here, but I've never heard of anybody called Tobias... He wondered what Tobias was. The name didn't sound like a mudokon's, or a sligs, either. If it was a Glukkon, he'd have heard about it for sure. Whatever it was, Tobias would have to blend in at least enough to not be noticed... Assuming that Tobias was a person, and he realised he couldn't even be sure of that...

He felt a prodding in his back, and was reminded that his expected lifespan was shortening rather rapidly, so he hurried on towards Pyke. Whatever this Tobias was, he'd have to pray it was in Pyke, or he'd have to find some way of dealing with whatever it was that was threatening him...

Teb was on his way to bed, when he heard a low muttering from one of the guestrooms. Normally, he'd leave customers to their own business, but this was the room they'd put the injured stranger in. His injuries hadn't been as bad as they'd feared, and they'd been able to patch him up fairly adequately, but the victim seemed to be quite badly in shock, and he had been in a deep sleep since the night of the attack. If he was now awake, that would take a great load off Teb's mind, since he'd had to care for the stranger more or less alone, as Arim was still a little ill from the effects of his own attack...

Pushing the door open slightly, Teb listened again. The breathing was steady, suggesting that he was still asleep, but he seemed to be muttering under his breath. Teb frowned, and went to take his pulse. It seemed to be more or less the same as it had been since they'd put him to bed, but as Teb touched him, he stirred, and the mutterings became more fearful.

At least he seems to be able to dream now, Teb thought to himself, as he closed the door again, and padded his way to his own room...

As Teb settled down to bed, the Hunter passing beneath the window sniffed the air, sensing that its quarry was nearby. The mudokon, however, led on, still maintaining its veil of confidence, despite its obvious fear. Deciding not to take any risks, the Hunter continued following the mudokon, out of curiosity, if nothing else. It wanted to see what the pathetic creature would come up with...

Last edited by Danny; 05-23-2002 at 08:13 AM..
05-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: you know...I am going to be bored until Dementa wakes up...as Spider can't do much...*sigh*)

Spider was releaved when he saw Blue return, but his relief turned to shock when he saw what Blue had with her.
"D...D...Dementa!" He cried, almost getting up to run over to her, but remembered at the last moment he wasn't in any condiction to due so, "What happened!? Who Killed her!?" He demanded.
"Some weird creature..." Blue answered as she carefully put Dementa's body back down, "She'll be back though."
"What the frack are you talking about? She can't come back...she is dead!"
"Trust me...she will come back...she's died before and come back. I've seen it myself."

(ooc: Dan you can reply with Olm if you want here)

05-23-2002, 07:58 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

As Blue puts Dementa down, the cape comes off, revealing Dementa's nasty wounds. Blue almost drops Dementa in shock, having seen them in proper light.
"EEWW!"
She quickley puts Dementa down and steps away, before puking into the trap door.
"Bleeeuughhh!"
Spider watches, quite distraght by now. Blue finishes, and gets back up.
"Ugh. . ." She walks back over to Dementa. "Well, last time she died, it wasn't as bad as THAT. . ."
"What?" Spider says.
"Don't worry, she'll still come back. . . I hope. . ."
- DH

05-24-2002, 10:02 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

(OOC: Ok...time for the 2nd Hunter to make a appearance.)

A vicious snarl escaped this lonesome beast. Its partner was tracking down Tobias, leaving it to entertain itself. Something that had been done with that moving corpse. The Hunter was situated in a tree, it was large, covered in lush green leaves and other vegetation. Taking a deep breath the Hunter realised it was 2 hours away from dawn. The hunting cloak of the night would be lifted to grace the land with the golden light of vision. But while taking in the air it caught scent of something else...vomit. The Hunter made a shrill noise that sounded like that of tyres screeching. Cracking its neck, a sinister laugh like sound became apparant as it slowly crouched down and leaned forwards, steadying itself by clutching the trunk of the tree. Looking down, the mental image of the area was slowly being built up, tree's forming, fallen branches appearing. The mass of blue objects (Since Hunters dont 'see' in colour, they see in Blue. Like in 'Pitch Black' with those flying things.) was slowly being constructed by scratch. And then gradually a small box shape was being built. Not a tree or bush, but something else...something artificial. Slowly the Hunter leaned forwards until it was practicly on the side of the branch, then its legs straightened out rapidly. Propelling the creature towards the box like object, through the air and then gradually downwards. Its arms out sideways to try and steady its fall.
*THUMP*
It landed standing up, its feet making the wooden top creak. It knee's bent it put one paw on the surface and felt it. Soft...soft and weak. It snarled. It was hiding a banquet.

Blue: "What was that!?"

She dabbed her mouth with the back of her hand, wiping away the vomit. Olm sighed, he was knelt down near Dementa. Checking her for any vitals...and failing. When he heared the thump his heart had stopped for a brief second and his face had become pale. Slowly he stood up, dabbing his forehead with a piece of cloth he happened to be carrying.

Olm: "I...i dont know. It sounded heavy. You think we should go and check it out?"

Spider: "No. Stay 'ere. We dont want anymore incidents such as Dementa' do we?"

Blue: "But if it is that thing, then somebody needs to lead it away from the others."

Spider reached forwards and grabbed Blue's arm. He looked her deep in the eyes, half concerned and half desperate.

Spider: "YER ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. IF IT COMES IN, THEN WE'LL SORT IT. BUT YER STAYING 'ERE WITH ME AN' OLM UNTIL DAWN(!)"

(OOC: Ok...somebody else have a turn now. :P)

05-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

(ooc: Hm, maybe I should think of something to actually do at some point, rather than just read it all the time... :P)

05-24-2002, 11:24 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

(ooc: not much I can do...*shrug*)

Spider swallowed nerviously as he looked up at the ceiling. Something large had just landed on the roof and he had a feeling it wasn't something harmless as a rotten tree branch.
Is it the thing that killed Dementa? he thought, trying to hide his fear; he hated being this helpless. Yes he still had this special powers...but there was no telling what effect it would have on this 'thing'. Still, it was the only real weapon he had in his current condiction so kept access to it on the back of his mind...so he can use it if he really needed too...