05-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Idea What up my nigga?

This line from the movie rush hour has been pecking my brain the whole day. Personally, I always wondered where the word nigger came from. And I would see black people saying What up my nigga, and nigga this and that, how bad can the word be? Among certain people it seems to be a form of endearment. It can make some one cry or be used to bond with someone else. How odd. I think that the words hateful conotations should be abolished and it be used as a term orf respect, you know like to a person who has overcome a problem or adversary. Imagine this in a presidential address. by Shrub bush "What up my niggas. In this intense struggle against terrorism...." Why should people be so bothered by a word? Everyone should relax What up my NIGGA!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

05-08-2002, 06:29 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

The word niger (with one g) means black, it's an alteration of dialectal neger, black person, from French nègre, from Spanish and Portuguese negro. Niger is also an african country.

Nigger is an ofesnsive slang, used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
05-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Spider man
Zappfly

: May 2002
: where?????
: 2
Spider man  (10)
yeah

yeah, what he said.

05-09-2002, 01:09 AM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)
Oooh aaah.

I've never understood why some use "nigger" meaning "friend" or something of the like... I've always thought it was incredibly stupid, and that nigger is an offensive word, not to be used kindly. It just annoys me...

And then there are people who use it meaning friend, but then a white person says it in a nice way, and they get pissed off. What the hell? That's stupid! A word shouldn't be restricted to be used by only one race. I'm going by what Lamp said, thinking it's an idiotic and racist word...

:
Originally posted by Spider man
yeah, what he said.
Eh, who's "he"? Statikk or Lampion? And... Do you happen to be Halo Man in disguise? *paranoid* :S

Last edited by Melvin:squeeking paramite; 05-08-2002 at 05:40 PM..
05-10-2002, 11:18 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

No, That's not the history of the word Nigger. Nigger was not meant to be a bad thing at first. Africans were first called Nigras because they came from Algeria. They changed it to Nigger. Some of the whites used it a negative way. As slavery ended, Africans did'nt want to be called Nigger because it remined it them of how they were oppressed. So they changed it to Negro. Soon or later, that word was outdated so they turned it into blacks or African Americans.

ALso Nigger and Nigga are two different meanings.

Why should people be bothered by the word?
You should.

05-12-2002, 01:55 PM
VykerSawBones
Boombat

: Mar 2002
: In the middle of Nowhere
: 223
VykerSawBones  (10)

black people can call other black people nigger. you see nigger is a word as in ''friend''. White people cant call black people niggers becaus its a really bad habbit. so only black people can call other black people niggers

VSB...