03-09-2002, 07:37 PM
The Shrink
Thudslug

: Feb 2002
: Australia
: 162
The Shrink  (10)
Question Governments and legality

If you have read the updated Vykkers page at Oddworld.com, you'll have read that the Vykkers only developed Vykkers Labs to feed their sadistic passion to inflict pain on innocent creatures. They only got rich as a, get this, side effect (hehe, ok, I know that was a crappy joke!). They didn't desire six billion moolah, they just wanted to make their passion for inflicting cruelty and pain "legal" and to not go to jail for it!
This would ,mean Oddworld has some laws on it. Without Vykkers Labs, the Vykkers would have been busted for doing what they do!
So, is there a legal system? Could there be some portectionism on Oddworld, despite that such cruel actions can be performed legally in the name of a corporation? Maybe it's just a scam so the Chroniclers can make money by such "families" registering companies to legally do whatever they elect to do, ethical or not. Interesting.

03-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Apr 2001
: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

the site is not very specific aobut legal stuff, the vykkers need moolah so that they can be finacially secure so that they have time to experiment. i think u might be jumping to conclusions about the whole legal thing.

03-10-2002, 05:53 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

maybe is there some real justice in the cyties and they dunno about mudokons and the rest

SIX STARS GUYS