http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,589-225747,00.html
03-05-2002, 01:01 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

In generall. Boys are stronger. But there ar many girs that are more powerful and strong than some boys....

If thats what they ment. But phycicly.... it depends on each person.
03-05-2002, 01:34 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Drunk

Dude women alweys beats the guys. you know that. In every case Ive seen so far in my life, a girl alweys wins. Believe me because she is the women. I know because I can never win an arguement with a girl or beat a girl at something. So I figure it's a fact of nature. And I like it!
:
Paramiteabe says ODDWORLD RULES WITH NO COMPARAISON!
03-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Yachiro
Stingbee

: Feb 2002
: 83
Yachiro  (10)

Hehheh. Ain't it the truth,tho? Being a male,I'd have to say that females generally are more susceptible to emotional pain,too.Although girls will win most of the time, they do not win all of the time, neccissarily.No means to offend anyone sorry,I apologize if I have.
03-05-2002, 07:36 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

It really doesn't matter what gender people are. Everyone is good at various stuff depending on how much experiance they have, how strong they are, e.t.c. Well, you know what I mean, but anyway, Gender doesn't normally make any differance.
- DH

03-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

HA! In your FACE, Leon! [j/k ]

I've more or less believed this for a long time, although I think that some of this is more to do with Social pressures than Biology (e.g. the problems assessing risk is much to do with the way boys are brought up, probably). I find it amusing trying to think of the way various blokes will react to this news...

"I'm not soft! Hard as nails, me..."

"I can't do the washing up, I'm more biologically vulnerable than you..."

Hmm. Well, at least men have finally got a retort for when women use the Period/Childbirth Card...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

My God, one weaker, No way! Both have uh "flaws" i guess, but really, how did they find that out. a bunch of psychological mumbo jumbo makes pseudo science, not the real deal, Gluk schmuk. Anyway, both have advantages and disadvantages. It's like picking between Eddie van Halen and Larry LaLonde, ya know? Thre is no use comparing apples to oranges
03-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

This article is one out of a million, it's completly untrue. Sure there are some girls that are stronger but the boys have the higher amount of stronger indivduals.

Also Danny Leon is not my name, i accidently put that there for the wrong question maby you should look again.
03-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Surfacing
This article is one out of a million, it's completly untrue. Sure there are some girls that are stronger but the boys have the higher amount of stronger indivduals.
The Article isn't talking about physical strength, it's talking about emotional strength. Boys may be stronger, but they're also more sensitive and vulnerable. Now stand up and take the truth like a man!

:
Also Danny Leon is not my name, i accidently put that there for the wrong question maby you should look again.
Ok, sorry, my mistake. No, hang on, it isn't... it's yours...

03-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:
Originally posted by Danny
The Article isn't talking about physical strength, it's talking about emotional strength. Boys may be stronger, but they're also more sensitive and vulnerable. Now stand up and take the truth like a man!
More sensitive and vulnerable? HA! girls are always crying over the stupidiest smalliest things, while men only cry over funerals or something worth crying about.
03-05-2002, 08:11 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

:

More sensitive and vulnerable? HA! girls are always crying over the stupidiest smalliest things, while men only cry over funerals or something worth crying about.
Surfacing: Sensitive and caring individual.
03-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Well, I for one have decided to take "sensitive" as a compliment...

03-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:
Well, I for one have decided to take "sensitive" as a compliment...
What now you guys are insulting me? Gees were supposing to be arugeing not insulting, get it to gather.
03-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Weaker sex my smart white white ass! How can they possibly ever hope to prove this! That psycholgists has made me so distraught(sob sob sob) No mom, i'm not crying,dust got in my eyes"Stuff your emotions down you depressed and fragile bastard" I think to myself Why oh why must life be so cruel! (bawling uncontrollably at this point) See how strange butentirely feasible that sounds Maybe the quack has a point! NAH!!!!!!!!!!
03-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Weaker sex my smart white white ass! How can they possibly ever hope to prove this! That psycholgist has made me so emotionally distraught(sob sob sob) No mom, i'm not crying,dust got in my eyes"Stuff your emotions down you depressed and fragile bastard" I think to myself Why oh why must life be so cruel! (bawling uncontrollably at this point) See how strange but entirely feasible that sounds Maybe the quack has a point! NAH!!!!!!!!!!
03-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
What now you guys are insulting me? Gees were supposing to be arugeing not insulting, get it to gather.
All I said was "I for one will take 'sensitive' as a compliment"... How is that insulting you? You made it quite clear that you consider "sensitive" to be an insult. I didn't insult you, I simply stated my position here. Still, the fact that you take so much of what I say personally perhaps proves that boys are indeed very sensitive...

03-05-2002, 08:35 PM

:

I'm sorry if you were offended by my comment, it was just a joke... not meant to be a personal insult or any thing.

And Dan wasn't insulting you, he just said that being sensitive is a compliment, not an insult. I find it a compliment too, and many people think I am quite sensitive for a male. (Or sensitive for a female, too, if this article is true...) Now, I just think that this comment of yours: "More sensitive and vulnerable? HA! girls are always crying over the stupidiest smalliest things, while men only cry over funerals or something worth crying about." was a bit rude and sexist. I have a question about it, too. What is something very small that you have seen a female cry about? I'm just asking to see what you think is nonsensical to cry about.
03-05-2002, 08:38 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:
All I said was "I for one will take 'sensitive' as a compliment"... How is that insulting you? You made it quite clear that you consider "sensitive" to be an insult. I didn't insult you, I simply stated my position here. Still, the fact that you take so much of what I say personally perhaps proves that boys are indeed very sensitive...
Well now i'm taking it alitte personally, your mocking Slipknot, your Mich Thompson, your mocking the male gender by saying things like they are more sensitive and vunerable, you'v been mocking me all week now that i think of it. But i'm not taking so personally that i will loose that respect i have for you. Also the reason i said you guys are insulting me is beause you called me sensitive and that's what we are argueing if you had called me that in any other topic i would not have taken as an insult.
03-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
This article is one out of a million, it's completly untrue.
Is that a million artcles in the whole of The Times or just T2?
Which parts do you disagree with?

:
One of the main points of the article was that males generally hide their emotions more than females do.

:
your mocking the male gender by saying things like they are more sensitive
1. I would be pleased to be called sensitive and am of the male gender (common usage not anthropological (sp)). Therefore that statement is incorrect.
You may say "your mocking the male gender (not including Tom, Dan and anyone else whom doesn't mind being called sensitive) by saying things like they are more sensitive"

Last edited by Gluk Schmuck; 03-05-2002 at 01:06 PM..

((((()))))

Surf, sensitive isn't an insult. It means that when something happens, you sense it more than others. It means that you care when something happens, and you are caring. That you feel bad for people who have been hurt, and that you have strong emotions. How is this an insult? I think is is quite a nice quality. (Btw, I actually didn't mean any thing when I called you sensitive. It was a snide, sarcastic remark. If any thing, you are insensitive.)

Also, when did Dan mock the male gender? He is a male, Surf... sensitive isn't an insult... Dan never insulted males.

Could you please answer my question I posted earlier?
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Okay, let's clear a few things up, and hopefully end our little mini-feud thing that's been going on...

:
Well now i'm taking it alitte personally, your mocking Slipknot(1), your Mich Thompson(2), your mocking the male gender by saying things like they are more sensitive and vunerable(3), you'v been mocking me all week now that i think of it(4). But i'm not taking so personally that i will loose that respect i have for you. Also the reason i said you guys are insulting me is beause you called me sensitive(5) and that's what we are argueing if you had called me that in any other topic i would not have taken as an insult. [/B]
1. No, I'm not. I'm saying I don't like them.

2. What?

3. I was not mocking the male gender. Like I said, I consider the word "sensitive" to be a compliment as much as anything else. As for "vulnerable", well, that's neither a compliment nor an insult, simply a statement of fact...

4. What have I said? All I've done is disagree with some things you've said. I meant nothing personal by it, it's just that if I disagree with something, I tend to say so, unless there is a good reason not to...

5. So you DO think of sensitive as an insult, then? Besides, it was Dylan who said that, not me, so why did you quote me before you said that? Come to think of it, Dylan was being sarcastic anyway, so in fact nobody has called you sensitive...

Anyway, let's cease the needless bickering, shall we? Or at least constrain it to the topics it began in...

03-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

Yeah ok, but like i saidf that artilce is 1 outta a million.
03-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

hm, i htink this is why "though guy" boys always bully people... they always seem to have borken families, non caring parents or soemthing like that. it seems to explain more why boys need to feel superior, but from what i know boys do seem to be more emotionaly weak, or at least i am. i mean, i always despair, i need other people to be happy. like my old gf, se thought i wasnt paying enough attention tto her at school and outside and stuff, she breaks up with me and goes on in her life fine as far as i can tell while i on the other hand sit around and depress myself like a little wimp. i even personaly try to cover up my emotions, its just my nature to think people would say i was weak, and i can never really talk to my parents about htings, there no help. its just kinda a thing of what we want...
03-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
hm, i htink this is why "though guy" boys always bully people... they always seem to have borken families, non caring parents or soemthing like that. it seems to explain more why boys need to feel superior, but from what i know boys do seem to be more emotionaly weak, or at least i am. i mean, i always despair, i need other people to be happy. like my old gf, se thought i wasnt paying enough attention tto her at school and outside and stuff, she breaks up with me and goes on in her life fine as far as i can tell while i on the other hand sit around and depress myself like a little wimp. i even personaly try to cover up my emotions, its just my nature to think people would say i was weak, and i can never really talk to my parents about htings, there no help. its just kinda a thing of what we want...
Exactly!

In fact, the whole act of covering up your emotions and not talking about them is also a sign of emotional weakness. It shows that boys are unable to confront their feelings, and see them for what they really are. It's all down to fear, really...

[See, Jenni? This is the reason why I was proud that you thought I was female... ]

03-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Yeah ok, but like i saidf that artilce is 1 outta a million.
And what do you mean by that?

If you mean that only a few children are like that then read the article.
I have noticed that the emotionally immature people are generally boys.
03-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:
Exactly!

In fact, the whole act of covering up your emotions and not talking about them is also a sign of emotional weakness. It shows that boys are unable to confront their feelings, and see them for what they really are. It's all down to fear, really...

[See, Jenni? This is the reason why I was proud that you thought I was female... ]
What!!!

Are you saying guys can't express there emotions are good are girls? What i said before about them crying more than boys, which i still stand with, but if i have emotions to express i do! i don't cover them and bottle it all up? I ain't trying to uphold a macho reputation. All down to fear? whats there to fear about emotions? what just what other people may think of you?
03-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Mang talk about weenie fear! "You act like you never heard the word wang before" And what is with everyone parading the "weaker" sex shit. Really though, sensitive doesn't mean a wimp, and what is wrong with a tough guy? Chicks dig BOTH pale guys and jocks,there is room for all personalities!
03-05-2002, 09:21 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Boys are weaker when it comes to emotions but stronger when it comes to physical appearance. In fact, I saw this dude, he likes this girl and he asked one of his best female friends to ask her out for him.

03-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Are you saying guys can't express there emotions are good are girls?(1) What i said before about them crying more than boys, which i still stand with, but if i have emotions to express i do! i don't cover them and bottle it all up? I ain't trying to uphold a macho reputation. All down to fear? whats there to fear about emotions? what just what other people may think of you?(2)
1. Of course they're not as good as girls. Boys who do express their emotions are as good as girls. Don't get confused here.

2. Of course. Many boys are afraid of what others might think of them. So are girls. The only reason Boys cry less is because it is less socially acceptable for boys to cry.

Can you not see how misogynistic you are being? I mean, you used "as good as girls" to mean a BAD thing...

Now, I honestly want this question answering, okay?: What is wrong with being sensitive and vulnerable?

03-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:

Now, I honestly want this question answering, okay?: What is wrong with being sensitive and vulnerable?
Nothing at all! i'm just saying girls do it more often than boys that's!

Also i have to go to school now this is my last post for today, so i will not be replying to anything else today, we will continue this tommrow, c ya.