03-03-2002, 12:49 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
who are the real badguys on Oddworld!

If you think about it the Magog is really not an evil species. It seems to me that they are just a certain culture. I mean if you were say a manager or a presidant of a company and you have this annoying person comeing around your buseness trying to shut you down then of coarse you want to get rid of him. But on Oddworld the races seem to be more vilient natured then us humans. But in a natural way of coarse. On earth you would not kill the person enless you were insane. But on Oddworld insanity persist as a natural trait in all races. Even Mudokins they kill sligs in the most horrific ways. But sligs do the same with Mudokins. So why not label Mudokins as evil too?

I think the magog Cartel is more Oddworlds version of what earth calles the European culture. Like the white man comeing over and takeing the land for his needs. Where as the naturalists are more like indians fighting for the land.

So if you look at a glukkens point of view those nasty Mudokins are considered savages and they are animals. Thats no way to live. Live like us and you will be proper. I think Lanning is trying to teach us a little history lesson. If this happens this is the result.

Where as the Mudokins point of view you took are land I was going to be your friend but you don't want to be. Appologise

The result of this confliction is disastorus as we already know.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-03-2002 at 04:53 AM..
03-03-2002, 01:00 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
Native yeah...

i never thought about it that way before..hey,what if they made a gameabout a glukkon trying to escape from a group of mudokkons trying to kill them and it made the mudokons look bad..
03-03-2002, 03:20 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Lorne said:
There are no bad guys only people with idees

03-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I never thought of the Glukkons as bad guys, just the Big fat cats of industry.
03-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

The bad guys are the Khanzumerz, leeching off the hard work of the Glukkons, who themselves leech off the hard work of the Sligs, who in turn leech off the hard work of the Mudokons... In a system like this, it's the most ruthless who rise to the top. The Glukkons and Sligs have to be the way they are to survive in that society. It's those at the top, the Khanzumerz, that are responsible for it all...

Of course, it would be generalising to have a whole race as evil, but then that's the way OWI works...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-03-2002, 08:41 PM
sodd
Bolamite

: May 2001
: ONtario
: 72
sodd  (10)

\

How can you say Glukkons aren't bad?
It's like supporting some damn big wig of some toothpick factory that is destroying OUR rainforests, OUR ozone..

Anyone who supports, or works in an industry that is costly to our environment is evil...
I, myself, refuse to stand for that bullshit..

And it sickens me that people can think they are just hardworking folks.. More like greedy bastards who don't know a thing about the meaning of life....

-|)/\\/||)-

03-03-2002, 08:51 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Yeah, but Sodd, they HAVE to be that way. They're brought up that way, and they have to be ruthless in order to survive in Mudosian Society... Sure they're arseholes, but it's not their fault...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-03-2002, 10:41 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)
Oddworld right

Yes Danny is right because a Glukken's life styal is working in industry and not haveing any concern for his surroundings. Glukkens don't realise the destruction they are really causeing. I believe when glukkens were living in the wild it was more like prehistoric times on Oddworld. Even the white man lived in caves millions of years ago. So any industrialist would of had his roots trace back to the wild.

A magog species just doesent know any better. Thats why Mudokins are such enemys to the magog. It's cultures clashing together.
03-04-2002, 08:03 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

:
Originally posted by Xavier
Lorne said:
There are no bad guys only people with idees
deciding to eat slaves is a pretty gay idea

03-04-2002, 01:41 PM
SmokeyJoe
Zappfly

: Feb 2002
: 4
SmokeyJoe  (10)

hmm its strange then, that if a certain race isn't evil, that they can spawn evil ideas like eaten your slaves. To overkill an much used example, a good tree bare's good fruit, and a sick tree will bare sick fruit, and heck, no matter what your "trained" to do, your responsible for your own actions. The gluks and sligs have somethin of a thought process(ok.....I'm most likely strecthen the truth here).....they make decisions on what to do and what not to do. A slig chooses to sleep, even though its against its training and the barracks laws..........I can't think of an example for a gluk so we'll have to assume that they are a mindless amount a toenail crud that is just as easily swayed to do evil as the mudokens are swayed to sell their freedom away for some brew.

03-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

:
Originally posted by ODDBODD

deciding to eat slaves is a pretty gay idea
well the glukkons found it a very good idee...
and if you life is making profit: eat slaves is a good idee

03-04-2002, 04:22 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

You know I think I know why glukkens would want to eat there slaves. Think of the inhabitants of Oddworld as the inhabitants that live under earths ociean.

The octipus would be considered a glukken and a squid would considered a slig. A Vykker would be like a crab or a lobster and an Inturn like some other crustacian like a shrimp.

Now Mudokins gabbits and others would be like little fish. In fact most of the inhabitants resemble earths sea creatures. I know that a lot of crustacians and octigi are carnivorus. So it really makes some sense why glukkens don't like muds. They want to eat them.

I think Magog races are carnivors. Lanning does a good job relating that concept of earths ociean creatures to his story.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-04-2002 at 08:37 AM..