Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

03-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Sylvia
Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: America... that's all I'm tellin' ya!
: 101
Sylvia  (10)
I'm not a Ripper addict... I'm a Ripper enthusiast!

I couldn't help myself. Here's an excerpt from a story I'm writing about Medievil 2. It switches views from time to time, and it is slightly changed from the actual game in many ways.

Jack stumbled into the courtyard. He needed estrogen; he needed to eat. How could he have been so stupid as to believe that he could survive without killing a human. Quite suddenly, he saw the unmistakable form of a human female. Had he not been starving, Jack would have used scent, rather than just sight. However, since he was starving, he only trusted what he saw. As Jack ran through the courtyard, every step sent a burst of pain through his malnutritioned body. It wasn't until he delivered a fatal blow, however, that he realized this woman wouldn't supply nutrition of any kind. A mummified woman had no estrogen, since she was already dead. Jack looked down to see a one-eyed skeleton staring up at him. His eye reflected disgust, fear, despair, anger, and several other emotions seemingly blended into one. Jack felt as if there was a knot in his chest. The longer he looked at that eye, the tighter the knot became. Jack couldn't stand it anymore, and he dropped the mummified woman and ran off. The tears were dried by the wind force caused by his own speed. When he reached an alley, Jack sunk into a sitting position and began sobbing. Why hadn't he made sure she was living? Why?

Well, that's the excerpt. a) what do you think? and b) I'm open to comments from anybody about their (or my) thoughts on Jack the Ripper.

I used to be super_slig, but... I don't really know what happened. Oh, well I'm back. Hi, everybody!