Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

02-26-2002, 12:32 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)
Drunk Racial and Ethnic Double Standards

Okay, I know this kind of topic has gone to hell and back, but after a few recent 'situations' at my school, I have to bring it back to life-
I would first like to make the statement that I am by no means racist...I am simply aware of the racial and ethnic standards that exist in todays society, and I'm rather sickend by them.
First, I'm sick of hearing black people call eachother 'Niggah', especially when I hear them constantly bitching about the racial torment they suffer through, and the ethnic problems they face on a daily basis...To me, we should all be trying to break away from these racial slurs, and come to realize that we won't make any social advances [racially] if we don't first change our ways.
I'm also sick of the double standard, of the fact that it is not okay for white people such as myself to use racial slurs (I don't want to, i'm just trying to get my point across) yet it's okay for a black or hispanic ect to call us 'whiteboy, honkey, oakie, or redneck'. To me, these terms are just as bad as "nigger, spic, wetback and whop" and need to be abolished completley, as well as the attitude that makes it okay for certain races to use them.
I am also growing rather tired of people pulling the "It's because I'm (insert race/ethnicity here) isn't it?" To me, making a satement like this makes the speaker just as racist as the person they're acusing of racism...
i guess i just need to rant or something, although as always, I value every one's opinions, as this can be a learning experience for all of us, should the discussion be maintained with no fights.
I sure hope I didn;t offend anyone with this..and if i did, I'm sorry.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

02-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

i get it. i go to a hispanic majority school, and like they all talk and cuss us out and we dotn understand...... and liek, in pe, me and 2 of my friends are the only "white" kids, they go around making fun of us and stuff. although it is funny, we decided they should at least have white boy a b and c. its hard to put up with, they throw balls and stuff at us in games and junk and say "f-in white boy..." thats why i dotn like my school, but hey, gifted ant talented prgrams call.
02-26-2002, 01:27 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

This exactly what goes on in my school.
I'm not saying it's right....it digusts me.

02-26-2002, 01:54 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I can see where you're getting at. It really pisses me off too. The school that I go to doen't get fights between the black and white kids because the black kids go to another part of the school and get let out at different times. Back in primary school it really pissed me off when the aboriginals got special treatment I'm not a rascist it just pisses me off. See they were allowed to call us "white trash" and say that we stole their contry but if we said "You're a black basterd" we got into heaps of trouble that's where I didn't like the school system. They say that every kid is equal. Sorry if this offends anyone I'm not a rascist!
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

02-26-2002, 02:02 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

wait a minute abe22, your school segregates based on race?
even in australia, that is most certainly illegal.
I know where your coming at about the 'you black bastard' comment, although i would see no reason to stoop to their level and bring race and ethnicity into the arguement.
Now c'mon people, i was hoping for everyone and anyone to reply..let's see some opinions!

02-26-2002, 02:32 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

It did used to be joined together but they got tonnes of fights so they made a little school but they still use our canten and stuff like that but they get out at different times so there is no fights. Ok in primary I called one person a black basterd but they started it they called me and my friends white trash and they followed us around annoying the hell out of us. We tolled the teachers but they didn't do anything. So we said **** off you black basterds and we got dention for 2 weeks 2 FRIGGEN WEEKS when they started it. Other then that I have not called anyone a black basterd because I'm not a rascist.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

02-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

The racism in my school isn't that bad. The majorities of the school are of mid-Asian origin and of European origin.
02-26-2002, 06:16 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I'm not exactly "cool" with the logic some African Americans are using, but with white people posing as blacks all the time, it's hard to tell what is racist and what isn't...
02-26-2002, 08:07 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I used to live more or less in a similar area to Tom; about a quarter of the students in my old school were black. There was a lot of racism there (there were even gangs...), but it was more or less both ways, so even though it was horrible, it doesn't qualify for "double-standards"...

Now, I live in York, which is a rabidly white middle-class area, but, conversely, has far less racism than Bradford. Here in York, the colour of a person's skin is barely noticed...

Well, this hasn't really contributed much, so I'd better add my own opinions: Quite frankly, I find that all racism is just pathetic, but I do agree that if black people don't want white people to use words like "nigger", then they shouldn't themselves...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-26-2002, 08:25 PM
Yachiro
Stingbee

: Feb 2002
: 83
Yachiro  (10)

Racism is just evil.

At my school you'll almost never hear racism,except among a few who claim that all whites are stupid and smell.But that's there view.We tend to ignore.
02-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: 456
Steve  (32)

apparently I live in a place where racism is similar to york.
02-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Uh, white flight

I'm not sure if you have noticed this but sometimes "fishbelly suckas" often move if some people of coler move in, also known as white flight. Now, I think the opposite happened for us. In good ol wisconsin, we have three races, white mung, or none of the above. Anyway, out of a school of almost 500 we got two mungs and all white. It is absolutly blinding. Where have all the oreos gone? The orientals? There anything that isn't white? 'Cause um, my teacher still uses the word Afrocentralism! Anywho, schools are usually predominatly one or two races in a community, so i haven't noticed that much racial inequality at all.
02-26-2002, 11:53 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Yeah I'm black. The term "niggah" it's a friendship or a possy thing when blacks say it to other black people and we can relate to that word. When it's white people, sometimes black people would think your racist because people back then would call black people "nigger" because they thought that we were dumb. You really won't understand that if your not black. I hear it but I don't like the word.

Like I won't understand why some white people in the halls call their friends like "Wut' up white trash." Just like what Majic said with the hispanics in his school. Your going to hear alot of that stuff in the city. I know you get sick of it but hey, can't stop it.

02-26-2002, 11:55 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Yeah I'm black. The term "niggah" it's a friendship or a possy thing when blacks say it to other black people and we can relate to that word. When it's white people, sometimes black people would think your racist because white people back then would call black people "nigger" because they thought that we were dumb. You really won't understand that if your not black. I hear it but I don't like the word.

Like I won't understand why some white people in the halls call their friends like "Wut' up white trash." So it's not all black people. Just like what Majic said with the hispanics in his school. Your going to hear alot of that stuff in the city. I know you get sick of it but hey, can't stop it. I don't like racism myself.

02-27-2002, 04:46 PM
Huge_Bro_Slig
Fuzzle

: uk
: 131
Huge_Bro_Slig  (10)
true

I am also black and i agree with what pink hair says i dont go around saying yo niggah to all my black freinds i belive there is no point
02-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I have never once even heard of white people saying "Wut' up white trash." to each other... You must live in an unusual area...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-27-2002, 07:29 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Danny
I have never once even heard of white people saying "Wut' up white trash." to each other... You must live in an unusual area...
Welcome to America!
*breaks into song*
"Whiiiite people!!! Throwing their weight around!!! Showing the world who's in chaaaarge!!! WHITE PEOPLE!!!"

Hey... I'm starting to like this whole "you can only make fun of others if they're from the same country/same ethnicity" stuff!
02-27-2002, 11:06 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Danny
Come to America! You will hear it alot here especially in the citeeeee!!!

But, no really, let African-Americans have their little thing, while Caucasians, Hispanics and everyone else have theirs. As long as they are not calling you those words then don't worry about it. Your fine.

Would you get upset if Caucasions go "Hey! Wut up my white trash B*****!? Or Hispanics say "Yo Pappi?" There's other races who have double standards.

02-28-2002, 12:18 AM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)
I know what you mean.

Yeah, Dave, I know what you mean. I've asked a couple people this, and I don't understand it. If black people are sooo angry when white people use the word "nigger", why do they use it on themselves? I mean, if a white guy went up to a group of balk people and said "Yo wassup my niggah?" they'd beat the shit out of him. So I really don't get it. It's just lengthening the racial barrier. I asked some people this, and they said that even black women can't say that to a black man, because he will be the crap out of her. I just don't understand. I personally would never call someone a nigger. As for the white trash thing, that's just hypocricy. It would piss me off to be called white trash.

And if I offended anyone, know that I didn't mean to, and I apologize.

02-28-2002, 08:50 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Re: I know what you mean.

:
Originally posted by Joe the Intern
Yeah, Dave, I know what you mean. I've asked a couple people this, and I don't understand it. If black people are sooo angry when white people use the word "nigger", why do they use it on themselves? I mean, if a white guy went up to a group of balk people and said "Yo wassup my niggah?" they'd beat the shit out of him. So I really don't get it. It's just lengthening the racial barrier. I asked some people this, and they said that even black women can't say that to a black man, because he will be the crap out of her. I just don't understand. I personally would never call someone a nigger. As for the white trash thing, that's just hypocricy. It would piss me off to be called white trash.

And if I offended anyone, know that I didn't mean to, and I apologize.
Yeah, I see black women say it to black men all the time and don't get beat. Not the ones I've seen at least. But like I said, all races are like that. Not just black people.

03-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

You are black, Pinky? Not that it makes a difference, but for some queer reason I thoght you were white! eh, eurocentrism in action, I guess
03-01-2002, 10:16 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
You are black, Pinky? Not that it makes a difference, but for some queer reason I thoght you were white! eh, eurocentrism in action, I guess
What made you think that?

03-01-2002, 10:22 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

i think one rason is really that he probably lives in a white majority area, or of the sort. most of the time, i guess we'd think of the most common kind of person, like danny seems different now with his avatar of himself, hes a person with a known look to see how he is. i really dont imagine or judge the peop,le here, they are left faceless and just are stupid if they are wierd like a sauce was, but since im white and ive grown up in a white neighborhood thats just kinda the basic kind of person i htought of, no offense to anyone.
03-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
1. like danny seems different now with his avatar of himself, hes a person with a known look to see how he is.

2. they are left faceless
1. I hope you don't think Danny looks like that ALL the time...

2. I only know what some people her look like...
As for the poeple who haven't shown their pictures, you are a slog, abe22 is a white tiger, etc. Basically, if I haven't seen your picture you ARE your avatar.
03-02-2002, 10:19 AM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
Mad GRR

I reckon its totally DISGUSTING when people call each other bad names about things(no offence to anyone here) but it really makes me sick when people call each other things when they are born with a different coloured skin and they JUST CAN'T HELP WHAT COLUER THEY ARE!
03-02-2002, 10:40 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Re: GRR

:
Originally posted by salty pretzils
I reckon its totally DISGUSTING when people call each other bad names about things(no offence to anyone here) but it really makes me sick when people call each other things when they are born with a different coloured skin and they JUST CAN'T HELP WHAT COLUER THEY ARE!
Yeah, the're still more rascist people out there. Even some little kindergardeners are starting to become rascist. It's their parents or older relatives fault or other older people.

03-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

I don't know what made me tyhink you were white, Pinky. Maybe it was all of the god type topics, ya just seemed to be like my pastor or some similar lutheran like person. I have yet to see a black lutheran, so that's the conclusion I made. Yeah, in our school "white trash is like a joke, even a sign of respect, almost like homie. It's like a beastie boy album without all the sampling
03-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Lil' Rap Queen
Zappfly

: 9
Lil' Rap Queen  (10)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
Yeah, in our school "white trash is like a joke, even a sign of respect, almost like homie. It's like a beastie boy album without all the sampling
I'm black and I say da word "niggah" to my closest cousin but me and him iz cool like dat. I don't say it to other people.

Yeah, az white trash iz respect homie thing to whites, den niggah iz the same way.

03-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Lil' Rap Queen, do you speak in real life the way you type?
I'm not trying to be mean, and it wasn't very tactful of me, but i just HAD to ask.
And personally, if someone were to call me white trash, i wouldn;t respect them for it, i would probably kidney punch them, or walk away...i just don't understand why people can be so irritated by a word, yet feel social comfort by calling eachother that word, whether it's 'niggah, spic, or wet back' Maybe it's because i'm white...but i know i sure as hell don't like people calling me 'white boy' because it seems as if they're thinking less of me because i'm white.
I don't go around saying, 'hey, what's going on BLACK boy?'
or anything like that, so i don't appreciate being called whiteboy. i guess that's the double standard i was getting at with this topic...