12-27-2001, 03:35 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
wounders about what the meech is like!

Well I accendently put this topic in the spoiler forum but I changed it and rewrote it here in general. Now it is in the right spot. Any way do you ever wounder what a meech is really like. I wounder if it is as big as a scrab? I think a meech could possibly out run a scrab or a paramite. I mean they have pretty intersting looking legs you never know. Plus I think they could make a very high pitch squeel. I wounder if the meech has a temple like the paramites and scrabs do? That would be cool to see a place called meechania! I think they are just as sacred as the paramite and scrab. Also if Abe has to take anouther test I think the meech would be perfect. And maybe Abe's shrykool power might get even stronger than before because now he has all three tatoos of Mudos's most sacred creatures. What do you think?

12-27-2001, 04:08 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

It would be very cool to see Meeches have their own land, and temple. I once made a story about
where Glukkons once Lived, it was called Glukkania ( Pretty Generic, on my part)
12-27-2001, 04:11 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Hey, off topic do you know where everyone is?
I started Two new topics in the spoiler forum an hour ago and no one has replied.
Sincerely,
Al the Vykker
12-27-2001, 05:49 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe:
Well I accendently put this topic in the spoiler forum but I changed it and rewrote it here in general. Now it is in the right spot. Any way do you ever wounder what a meech is really like. I wounder if it is as big as a scrab? I think a meech could possibly out run a scrab or a paramite. I mean they have pretty intersting looking legs you never know. Plus I think they could make a very high pitch squeel. I wounder if the meech has a temple like the paramites and scrabs do? That would be cool to see a place called meechania! I think they are just as sacred as the paramite and scrab. Also if Abe has to take anouther test I think the meech would be perfect. And maybe Abe's shrykool power might get even stronger than before because now he has all three tatoos of Mudos's most sacred creatures. What do you think?
Hmmm
Meeches are extinct...
finich
they are not sacred animals... only Scarbs and Paramites.
I don't think he's strong... why should he be exctincted than?

12-27-2001, 08:30 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Xavier-
the meeches are 'extincted' because of over hunting on the Glukk and Vykkerys part.
I personally figure a meech would have been a lot like a velociraptor.
smart, fast, vicous and deadly.
but that's just my opinion.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

12-27-2001, 09:54 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

OWI said that Meeches resembled Hienas, and that one day they would make a return.

Also, remember that a pack of Meeches were found somewhere, but the Glukkons scooped them up and dropped them in a safe-house facility
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

12-27-2001, 10:37 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

hmmm
makes you wonder if the gluk's are workin on breeding the meeches?

12-28-2001, 05:08 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I don't think the meech could outrun a scrab. I think meeches are taller then paramites but shorter then scrabs I think there are still some out there in the world of oodworld though.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

12-28-2001, 11:51 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

yEs, Could be so, Cuz Oddworld is 3 or 4 times' larger than Earth/ then Continent RF is on could'nt of had all the meech's of the world there?

...Mudokon101

12-28-2001, 01:02 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Oddworld is 10 times bigger than Earth.

I believe Max said that Meech's hunted in packs for Elums. So I'm going with DI's raptor theory.
12-28-2001, 01:07 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Hey SeaRex DO you know where you read that I just want to know? If not thats okay too.
12-28-2001, 01:12 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Well I don't know about you guys but I am almost convinced that the meech is still alive because of all of information we are getting about them. So they are not extinct. Maybe on Mudos they no longer exist but they might possibly exist on other continants. Who knows? I guess we will find out soon enough.

12-28-2001, 01:16 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I agree with you ParamiteAbe you always have a good insight on these things. I also believe they are alive because think of all the oddworld games still to come that have not explored all of Mudos.
12-28-2001, 08:25 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Xavier, it would be quite easy for all the Meeches on Oddworld to live on Mudos - all the marsupials in the world [except for opossums] live in Australasia...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-28-2001, 08:33 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: 456
Steve  (32)

meeches would probably hide in shadows so it would be extremly hard to run away from one because you couldn't see it until it's too late.
12-28-2001, 08:34 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: 456
Steve  (32)

meeches would probably hide in shadows so it would be extremly hard to run away from one because you couldn't see it until it's too late.

edit ops

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Steve ]
12-29-2001, 12:48 AM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

Ok this is ALL the information I think i have heard about Meeches-

- They use to be the prim ingredent in 'Meeche Munches' before it became 'unavalable'.
- They are now officaly exticnct from over hunting.
- It has been rumored on Oddworld amounst its inhabitants that a suviving pack of meeches has been placed into a Glukon hunting resurve.
- They are a preditor.
- They hunt in packs.
- They hunt most animals of Oddworld but they are mostly Elum hunters.
- They are large compared to most creatures.
- They are also faster, and can jump higher and further then most creature also.
- They are bi-peadal (two legged) with Elum like legs.
- They have two botom jaws and one top jaw (3 jaws) with lots of teath along their lenghths.
- They are forest dwelers.
- Their place in nature is simular to that of the Hienas.
- They MAY have had a Mudukon tribe that worshiped them long ago, but it was distroyed and thus could not pretect them from the glukons like other tribes have for other creatures.

This is only what I think I have heard, but I hope it helps you... notice how much info there is for a suposibly extinct animal!
12-29-2001, 02:40 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Hey Oddguy 999 that is interesting info especally the last peace of info you wrote down. So long ago the meech was worshiped like other creatures? I never knew that, that is cool. Now I do believe that the meeches have to have some kind of temple out there. Just by that last peace of information you gave. Maybe there will be a temple that is in ruines. a lost temple you can say. It could have been built by that Mudokin tribe you mention that worshiped them before they were wiped out by Glukkens? Very cool!

12-29-2001, 09:10 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Well done Oddguy. Don't mind if a twiddle a bit do you?

:
- They hunt most animals of Oddworld but they are mostly Elum hunters.
- They are large compared to most creatures.
- They are also faster, and can jump higher and further then most creature also.
As far as we know, they only hunt Elums. But that's unlikely. Most animals on Oddworld is even less likely, though, because, quite simply, there are thousands.

We have no idea at all about their size, speed, strengths or any other attributes.

:
- They have two botom jaws and one top jaw (3 jaws) with lots of teath along their lenghths.
Actually, they have four jaws. Just because you can't see it on the outside...

:
- They are forest dwelers.
Since when? Those feet don't really look suited to Oddworld's forest floors. They seem to have evolved on a tough ground, like the Oddworld deserts. But we just don't know.

:
- They MAY have had a Mudukon tribe that worshiped them long ago, but it was distroyed and thus could not pretect them from the glukons like other tribes have for other creatures.
Remove 'may' and everything after 'but'.

The worshippers of the Meeches were the Mudonchos, outcasts from Necrum. When they tried to fight like the Mundanchees, they died in battle, and they were useless at construction and art, so they found themselves the black sheep of the family. 'Cooking' became their tribal strength, and so they adopted the Meech to be their holy creature.

Remember this is an outcast tribe, so their beliefs bear no corrolation to the Mudokon Nation's. Dunno what happened, just as we don't know what happened to the other Necrum tribes, Mundanchee and Mudomo. I dare say it was the same fate.

Incidently, most of what we know about Meeches and several other things (all heroes having their own moon, the Mudokon/bird evolutionary relationship to name a couple) comes from an 'interview' with Lorne Lanning that was exclusive to the Exoddus Club. But someone gave it all away (not me).

12-29-2001, 09:53 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

•[cyrus]•  (10)

OK....

Meeches actually were smaller than the scrab .... but larger than the Paramites. Even though they were smaller than the Scrabs, they should have been able to take one down.

...Mudokon101

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mudokon101 ]

12-29-2001, 12:49 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Al the vykker:
Hey SeaRex DO you know where you read that I just want to know? If not thats okay too.
I read it right here in the forums. I get most of my info from the all-knowing Max. All hail Max!
12-29-2001, 01:03 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

•[cyrus]•  (10)

Yeah, Most of the Oddworld Information is sucked right into our forums.....

...Mudokon101

12-30-2001, 01:48 AM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

oddguy 999  (10)

Hey thanks for fixing that up Max... its sometimes hard for me to tell if what I have been told by other people is offical or just a therory.
But also I would like to point out that if Meeches where exclusive Elum eatters they would not be a very good natural creature to be introduced into the game play of future Oddworld games because they would poss no threat to the heros. So whats the chalenge? Whats the point? The only reason they would be introduced is if they ate most things...
Also if they hunt Elums (exclusively or not)they would need to be faster, and jump futher (or just as well) as Elums, and Elums can do these things well (beter then Abe and even a Scrab). It is also likely that they would be as large or bigger then them. I also thought I read somewhere that they where forest creatures(?)... I think that the hunting resurve that the where placed on was foristed (I think, but maybe thats just my mind filling in the gaps?). And also we know Elums live at least in part in Oddworld forest, but you could be right since Elums also live in the desert.

PS. Max, Can you post a pitcure showing the Meeches forth jaw for me or a link to where you read about it? I have only seen the one with the side on view that dose not revele much.

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: oddguy 999 ]
12-30-2001, 08:30 AM
abe22
Sleg

abe22  (10)

*Looks at a picture of a Meech*
Well they kind of have webbed feet and they have a back like a prawn so maybe they swim or are amphibious.

:
Originally posted by Mudokon101:
Even though they were smaller than the Scrabs, they should have been able to take one down.
Scrabs are tough and can run really fast so I don't think so. Scrabs have sharp points on their feet and have a good beak as well.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy

12-30-2001, 08:58 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

•[cyrus]•  (10)

Ves, But Meech's ran in packs like the rapter theory.......

...Mudokon101

12-30-2001, 08:53 PM
abe22
Sleg

abe22  (10)

What about the scrabs in MO you seen a picture of those they live in packs.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: abe22 ]

12-30-2001, 09:12 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

I personally think that Meeches would prolly never come in contact with Scrabs anyway.
I mean, the creatures of oddworld must have SOME way of marking their territories, and with as territorial as scrabs are..i doubt anything would live long enough to even TRY to take down a scrab.
i have a question too, scrabs are in packs in MO, but in AO and AE they're always alone and will kill eachother. it makes me wonder if they have larger territories, are they more social/indifferent to other scrabs?
okay, back to meeches... as far as the aquatic/amphibious theory, i dunno...their legs have too mahy joints, and they look like they would only be able to use their back legs to swim..but because of their back being all curved, i think it would be hard for them to keep their head above the water.
I guess we might find out a little bit more about them in ME, but i dunno, i'm skeptical about the whole thing.
I guess in ME we COULD be rescuing them from that hunting reserve, but what would be the point of returning them to the wild if they'd just be overhunted again?
besides, i want meech munchies dammit!

01-02-2002, 12:45 AM
abe22
Sleg

abe22  (10)

:
Originally posted by oddguy 999:
Also if they hunt Elums (exclusively or not)they would need to be faster
Have you ever heard of animals stalking their prey so they really don't need to be faster all they have to do is get up close to them and then pounce.

01-03-2002, 03:49 AM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

oddguy 999  (10)

Thats a good point. But I still think that what we already know would sugest otherwise... Animals that stalk are most offten camoflaged and seem to hang next to a surface so its hard to pick 'em out from the back ground. And eventhough we have know idea what colour/s Meeches are they still look like they would stick out like a sore thumb... espesally if their is a pack of 'em hanging around.

A better hunting method for the Meeche would be Ambush. How fast they are would depend on the size of their packs. They have to be faster with 3 or less but would still probly be faster with up to 5 or so due to the pray having a home feild advantage.
01-04-2002, 12:39 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Maybe meeches are scavengers like hyena. OWI said they are like hyenas and hyenas are scavengers. So maybe the meech is a scavenger.