Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

: Would you want a Strategy RPG game of Oddworld?
Yes, PC if posible 16 80.00%
Yes, Boardgame if posible 2 10.00%
No, get this out now! 2 10.00%
: 20.

02-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

: Jan 2010
: Spain-Cantabria-Castro.Urdiale
: 69
Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Oddworld Power Struggle (Future fan game? Read and comment please)

Hi people, Uros here with some new things to say and show, like one of the ideas I took away from the grave a few days ago while searching over the old files in the disks I have scattered around.

Oddworld Power struggle was, as some of my recent works, an early work I never completed when I was only getting started in the world of writing and the world of games (Because I still didn’t have a pc, ok?). This game is intended as a board game (because I highly doubt there will be anyone that want to get it on pc if someone don’t pay up… so forget it ) which will have Oddworld’s factions fighting against each other in one of the many Mudos battle grounds in “No Man’s Land” (fictional part of Mudos found northwest, far away from the real action with Abe, Munch and Stranger).

The game is supposed to be for 2 to 8 players with small squads of units that they can level up and get better with time and experience (Such as in most RPG games and like you would in real life) while expanding their army with time and resources within the battles they will fight and recovering any death or wounded by mystical or technological means such as resurrection or cloning (That are expensive, of course).

This game doesn’t have an objective for real, this means you may create campaigns, skirmishes or anything you want for the sake of it. This is Oddworld, the industrial and the tribal ways are always fighting.

However, what does this game has that is interesting? Well, I don’t know for sure but I tried to make things different getting a few factions up together for anyone that wishes any way of playing. Since this is made from Oddworld “Hand of Odd” as a remake since the game NEVER saw the light of day (and this is why I don’t claim credit for developing the idea Besides, am a fan of Command and Conquer and other strategic games with some RPG) the two basic factions will be these:

The Land Muggers
(Glukkons, Sligs of every kind, Vykkers, robots, Interns, captured Mudokon, captured wild life)
VS
The Tree Huggers
(Mudokon (Great amount of units), wild life such as Scrabs, Paramites, Elums and more… and many more)

Since this is a fan made game there can be fan made creatures or units, as well as these factions I designed up.

The Wild Lands
(Outlaws, Clakkerz, Wolvarks and any species and units that were seen in Stranger’s Wrath. Besides you may find runaway Sligs and other species from the other factions).
VS
The Work Force
(Sligs (plus new kinds), Captured Mudokons (Plus new kinds), Interns (Also plus new kinds))
VS
The Techno & Magic Co.
(Every one of the species but from the Wild Lands with different units, an alliance from Glukkons’ industrialism and Mudokons with shamanism to try and make one equilibrated ecosystem… Everyone hates them it seems)

This is a work in progress I am making in my spare time when I finish my whereabouts (Such as creating a few pages of my story, no exams to try and pass in class or the homework of course…) so it is a work I am willing to do, but not fast… A game, be it of any kind, will take time and probably HELP because I don’t have drawing or modeling skills or any programming if this was to be a simple game with squares marked for terrain and/or with a letter to show your units or the enemy’s.

So as right now, without much (or any) content to show, what can I offer and do? Well, this is a fan work so no money only fun and the promise of creating something interesting and fun for the fandom that everyone will be able to play free ^^ (I hope).

Oddworld had always been direct action and RPG, but I think some brain cells in use would be nice in the sense of war >:3 Besides, this is a fan work that may be able to get remodeled for anyone’s tastes if given the time so everyone.

But for now I leave everyone to think about it while I work on getting the 2º chapter of my story done and some work on this accomplished. I hope to be back with some info soon and that the people like the possibility of getting something like the Hand of Odd running “soon”
-Half the world then?
Shut up and get me some skulls...

DA:
http://headhunterentertain.deviantart.com/

02-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Holland
: 242
Fil The Slig  (-66)

Cool man! But the Techno&Magic and co is a stupid idea. Glukkons and Muds wouldnt NEVER team up. The other factions are good. Here's one from me:

Leather Rebel
(Sligs, Big Bro's, any kind of Sligs, but rebel Sligs wich dont want to work with Glukkons and formed an alliance to kill all and listen to Heavy Metal (Like Anthrax, Black Sabbath and Pantera.) They have a special unit named "Fil The Slig", and there can be only one of those on field.)

Yes, i am a Metal listener too. Gamer too XD

02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

You know... They also said that blacks would never be like whites, but they are. It's a possibility, because every here and there, there's an oddball doing things that are out-of-place. I like the idea of glukkons and mudokons teaming up and everyone hating them. There's bound to be some like that, just not a lot, and nobody else would team up with them.

I would play this on a board or on a PC, but if it involves gaining expirience and keeping track of it, it's best on the PC. It's a pain to keep track of it with a board game.

It sounds like a lot of fun, but I doubt the completed version will ever see the light of day.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Idea

Well I suppose I should thank Fil for being so direct in his opinion ^^""" I prefer that no one gets to circle me as to not say what they think directly, but I won’t change the factions for the 1.0 version. I will accept creature designs and anything that is NICELY designed, this means:
A creature, species, etc... that is nicely created, with details for anything that any Oddworld fan may like which means a weird form, not overpowered (but that can kick ass, that is good) and, of course, that is odd.
Also I want to say that the XP system will be a bit different than most in the sense that you will not have ARMIES, you will have group of dudes (I don’t know how much I will allow, I am still working on that) that you may name up and customize a bit (also working on it).
The XP system works with cogs and spooze. Each enemy you down gives you one of the two things (You can decide after battle) that will be added to your pool after battle so you can upgrade any dude you desire to the next level when you have enough (Industrials use Cogs, Tribal use Spooze) with the only requirement that the unit in question survived the battle (Yet if you are killed you still gain the *XP*, but can’t use it, sowwy, better luck next time and use that brain!).
This is something in development that I created since it is sometimes STRESSFUL to level up any unit in the strategic RPG games since they can die (usually easily) when you are leveling them up... Does this mean you can level up units that don’t move? Nope, you have to risk everything to win and if your units don’t engage in combat they are simply counted as “dead” in the sense that they can’t be upgraded (Which is why I encourage a 3º party if anyone plays, so a friend that watches over that also would like to play latter a fair game) but if you have any of them surviving (fleeing, wining is cooler ^^) they can use up what you acquired :3

Now the game will see the light of day, of that you can be sure Oddey ^^ as far as no one forces me to stop or the people simply show their disinters or dislike for the game. The people liking my work and wanting me to continue is the only payment I can get and the only payment I WANT :3 Also is the only I can give so you may find yourself playing a game that is made by squares painted in somewhere with papers with a name or number meaning what is what... But I do hope any artist or programmer may want to join and we could create a pretty decent game ^^ If not I will still finish this and post it here bit by bit (As well as when fully developed in my DA page as a HUGE archive for download).

If this doesn’t finish as a game with drawings or anything you can copy with a printer (at least) you can always use your imagination. If this ends up as a PC game, I simply can ask you to tell me what you thought of it AND (if possible) enjoy it and thank everyone that helped ^^ Well, I won’t ask you to thank them, it is mostly an order because this is a free fan work where I don’t even think of asking for money so I can get any benefit. Sadly this means I will not offer either (mostly cause I don’t have) which labels this as a free work so you must want to work on it because you DO want to, not because you want a pay (That I would gladly give if I could… I hate being “poor”). So seriously, if anyone helps and you like the game, please, thank the dudes, they deserve at least that.

So with this I want to say that probably you will have to use the imagination option, but still I may get a cool game out of it :3

Asides that, here you have the SECOND (well, first) batch of information! The story! In beta format, so probably there will be changes... or not.

Chapter 1: Story

In a time unknown in a far away planet where creatures of all kind and shapes, theologies and mentalities roam around freely in a constant fight for survival it is not strange to see powers struggling for the control of the land they claim as theirs.

The world is Oddworld; here you will find the strangest creatures in existence living so close to each other that it generates conflict every so often.

Mudokon tribes, usually peaceful and mystical creatures that would hardly mind to befriend anyone that shows respect for nature now try to retain their jungles and sacred grounds while using the power of the mind and ancient magic to protect everything they have from the industrialized Glukkons and most intelligent species. They are trapped, caged and forced to work if they don’t want to be the newest tasty snack for the whole family.

Glukkons, fearful and envious of the Mudokon, but brighter and with a more aggressive approach with a technological and mischievously dark mind use their power to mass money in order to obtain the once free land and exploit it almost to the brink of killing everything for profit and a snack. Right now they seem to back down, but that only means to use what they have at full capacity and would hardly mind in expanding by force capturing Mudokons and any wild life possible while employing any other species, by force if necesary.

Sligs are a slave race even if they don’t know it. The queen breeds to gain profit while caring literally nothing for her children except as a food source… These poor creatures fight and die either inside mechanical constructions or in the wild being assaulted by Mudokons trying to defend their land, trampled or eaten by wild animals and, worse of all, being ordered around by Vykkers and Glukkons alike with hardly any word on it. They have lived for so long in those circumstances that there seems to be the future for any intelligent species. Either be dominant… or be dominated like the Sligs.

Vykkers are intelligent egg heads that use the money from the Glukkons to create the worst things ever seen… They are even worse than humans creating things to destroy anything as well as experimenting on living creatures so much that our tortures seem child’s play in comparison. They are cruel, ruthless and only show love to their work and the passion placed on it as well as over the testing table. Vykkers usually look down on everything, including Glukkons… But you could say they developed a symbiotic relationship with the last ones as they also desire to claim everything possible from everyone.

Interns, no one knows anymore how they look normally, they are another example of what a possibly peaceful species can transform into when forced to work under one of the Industrials’ gaze for so long. They hate their jobs, they hate their bosses, but they don’t have anything else they could do besides shut up (as if they had another chance) bang their heads with music and do their work. If there was any memory of living in the wild and enjoying life… most of these guys don’t retain it, even their queen most surely…

From the wild lands, away from the main industrial cities, the wild west runs amok as steam power as much as electric energy mix when the Outlaws, Clakkerz and other species live in constant fighting over old quarrels already forgotten but still fought until the last of them dies. These species are so diverse you hardly could describe them all, but they cannot be seen without one another anymore for the time spent in these lands is now the only way for them… However, who said these guys would need to fight between each other all the time? Vykkers and Glukkons look down on them and they have many a reason to decide it would be nice to kill everyone else before going over the basic shooting each other again.

These and more are living in a place that expands, crumbles and is destroyed so fast that it was something rather easy to have a lot of them traveling over the whole continent of Mudos to conquer other places in search for more resources… This is where “No Man’s Land” gets the name.

Many tribes of Mudokons and great loads of Industrials traveled to a side in the continent where everything was present: Water for lakes and rivers as well as the coast of the sea. Mountains, rocks, ore, they were the money for the industry and the weapons of the war. Plains, forests and jungles with places to live, create the most beautiful or hideous constructions and, of course…

Battle!

It ensued as fast as the first colonies were made for all the species. Everyone that had seek for a home in the northwest of Mudos found a place to live, it included three young Slig queens that had escaped away from the clutches of their mother, a very young and inexperienced Glukkon queen that did care little to nothing for the whereabouts of her children and, of course, a few young Mudokon queens and lots of families of intelligent species while a great deal of queens or families of wild beasts roamed the land.

It was impossible to not thing of battle having so much ammunition…

The main land did thought of little to nothing of the place since it had its own problems, that, and with so many queens and other effectives in the equation they thought they would obliterate each other sooner or later. This may come to happen soon enough since there were new problems threw in that nobody had experienced yet in the main land.

A wild Mudokon warrior called Daihë rose as a warlord to lead a proper fight against the industrials while having shamans always ready to teleport and resurrect the fallen warriors as soon as possible. The warlord has been fighting from the mountains, the hills, plains, the sea, rivers, lakes… The Mudokons are praying at him like their god of war as they pray the Shrykull for the battles to finish with them as winners so peace returns for the land.

Handsan, a very greedy Glockstar, united many factions of Glukkons and Vykkers while adding Sligs and Mudokon slaves to their lines of defense with the intention of killing everything that would stand in his way as he ordered the Vykkers for a cheap way of getting the lost units back. They found a way of creating a exact copy as far as the units always had a bit of equipment that could take back a sample of their blood taken before their demise.

There was a problem there, Yatal, a young Slig with vision of future (like… no Slig ever, they don’t have…) thought it was already unfair to *employ* them the way they did. Their species was a slave as much as they paid them; they were easy hooked into anything, easily trilled with the hate they could bring upon the Mudokons, maybe the only thing under them… Yatal decided to rebel and show his mother, one of the three queens, that they could rule over the land if they were to bring their own intellect and their own army to show their masters what could happen. One assault at a Vykkers’ lab ended up freeing a Mudokon queen that accepted (or so it is said… but probably was forced) to help them as another queen, one very young and still inexperienced Intern queen, fearfully agreed to help.

This new faction made one very powerful (and intelligent, which was surprising) Outlaw to team up with one of the few Clakkerz that had the guts to enforce the law and show anyone that bothered his town the respect they deserved. Julios Ironmaw and Major Z. Cluck formed one army with any rejects from the industrials and the wild inhabitants’ armies as also with their own and more common fellow men from within the Outlaws, Clakkerz and species of animals they breed asides Wolvarks and others that desired money, fame, girls (I suppose) and other things only they can think off, because they aren’t that bright…

The weirdest thing, and the most dangerous as far as anyone had seen, is the arrival of a young wealthy Glukkon that bought with him not only workforce, but also a small team of Interns (with even a queen he bought! His wealt was unlimited some say) and Vykkers to work in this chaotic and cheap land with not really intentions of killing anything else than needed… Gitax, as he was called, was a strange Glukkon that desired a relaxed living, working with his employees and enjoying free time, that is the only reason he came to such a dangerous place where no one would see his “dark side”.
When a young Mudokon Shaman called Fituxgäa got inside his facilities and possessed him he saw a creature unlike most other Glukkons, and a chance for a possible peace… He freed the Glukkon and told him a plan, a plan to end the wars and maybe join everyone together, with his approval he did the same with the council of the Mudokon queens where only a young queen (Only recently she got to lay eggs) showed approval.
Few people desired to change things like this faction wished, everyone feared it and despised so weird creation… But to add to their fear and to the possibilities these oodbals had, one of the three Slig queens decided to team with them for whatever reasons she had.

Creatures from all around Mudos had been driven here in masse by the Glukkons and Vykkers from one or other team as well as from the mainland in hopes of killing everyone and everything, including the ecosystem if needed! But they have adapted, giving each one of the faction new animals, new ideas for their units, weapons and more…

The Power Struggle has just begun…

And no, I won’t make a story of this... at least not until I finish Odd Mutation. There may be backgrounds and s*** but you won’t get any story done… yet.
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 02-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.. : I am tired of the post not taking my notes in full ¬¬
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

That's what they all say. I just hope you're right.

Very nice. But the first part of your post repeats itself for some reason...

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

By the way you could ask other forum members for help with that project of yours.Im happy you used my idea (Yatal lol). But i dont really see sligs as slaves. They're just doing theyre jobs, and killing things is a pretty fun job (that's what i think.), you should work on that. I didnt mean a rebellion for the sligs beceause they were unhappy. Beceause they wanted to kill what they wanted and dont follow orders of the Glukkons!

Last edited by Fil The Slig; 02-08-2010 at 09:20 AM..
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

Umm x3 Fil? I didnt use yer idea This was from the old scraps I had that I said I was remaking ^^"""

Also, I am asking, anyone that reads this I have said that if they can and want to help, they can :3 They only need to give me a private message with whatever they think they can do and I will gladly let anyone in as far as they come with good intentions ^^ So I say pretty much everyone is welcome :3
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 02-08-2010 at 09:46 AM..
02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Lol.

02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Good luck with all of this. Just make sure to include plenty of different Slig forms (including a tank if possible)

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

You will have a lot to chose from :3 From the basic Slig that will work from the slacker with the hand gun (or other weapons) to an armored dude that will (maybe) go up the ranks as a corporal and sergeant with even energy weapons 83 I plan in a few forms for every kind of unit (so this will take time but I hope to have a really wide array of possibilities).
So don’t worry, Sligs will remain plentiful ^^
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

nice idea, I really love the story so far.

This will be awesome as a 'age of empires' style pc game
I always thought that Oddworld would be fitting as a classed base game like tf2 or star wars battlefront

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

Last edited by Crashpunk; 02-08-2010 at 10:55 AM..
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

Haha :3! Am getting a lot done these days ^^ Dunno why but I am simply enjoying this a lot even if it is only a "beta" that may change latter.

Also, if anyone wants to help this proyect needs:
An artist or more, but I think a good artist is enough ^^ (concept drawings and such) which is the only one needed for a boardgame :3.
And everything and everyone needed to make a PC game.

I would also like to ask if it is posible to get a fan version of Hand of Odd, unfinished or something? I want to get some inspiration (And play it in general if posible )

Well, anyways... Here is the 2º chapter of this :3

Chapter Two: Ways of playing, attributes and XP (Cogs and Spooze)

Part 1: Attributes

The way to win a war is to know your enemy’s plan, but what if the plan did matter as much as the guy next to you? No plan survives battle and few survive battles themselves, which is why you are here: To know which battles you may fight… and which battles you may live to tell.

First, you should know the basics for every creature and every machine in this l and no one owns but the blood and the actions of the warriors. This means you should know how these creatures function and in which things they are good at simply by taking a look at them. How? Easy, use the T.C.V (Tactical Command Vision).

T.C.V is a device used by generals on the armies the industrials own to give them an awareness that grants them the ability to see far away with simply their augmented senses while the world moves slowly around their units. This device is usually forced inside the commander’s brain in a very delicate surgical operation… which means they usually take from months to years to use them properly to command a group of units and will never use it on whole armies because the stress would make their heads blow since this device uses this augmented senses to communicate telepathically and the pressure can make the problem here mentioned be… quite literal.

It walls implemented in every faction using the idea by the shaman commanders of the Mudokon (that can enter the state the T.C.V artificially generates thanks to deep concentration, but still can’t communicate with armies since it stresses their senses too much) as well as in any army owned by commanders of the Wild Lands (theirs are worse, but work well in some way).

The device is something that optimizes the units’ efficiency, time of reaction (since the general can see all in the battlefield… usually) and can be decisive over the battles. Problem is that this stresses the units, which usually would work ‘better’ on their own but instead have to be mind proved by the general to decide which course of action to take, so luck has a lot to do when they are being exhausted to these limits.

Here is where the attributes take action, they are:

The measurement of power: Strength. Body sturdiness: Constitution. Graceful and deadly: Dexterity (C, or close combat/R, or ranged combat). Quick and untouchable: Reflexes. Peaceful yet destructive: Mind. And finally, the decisive range at which the warriors will advance to risk their neck: Agility. There is also the attribute of Wounds and Armor, but that is for later.

These attributes are used as follows:

Strength:
Used: Check against enemy constitution to make sure that hit ends in a wound!
Description: The measurement of power, strength means how powerful a unit, weapon or spell is. Usually hand to hand weapons have no strength or they have modifications to the wielder’s strength since they are as powerful as the wielder. Ranged weapons usually have strength as well as some magic powers.

Constitution:
Used: Against enemy strength to make sure your guys don’t get harmed.
Description: This is how sturdy your unit’s body is. It usually means how well they can whistand those nasty bruises or gunshots without being really hurt BUT won’t make them live forever. Machines and living beings have Constitution (that could be described one way or another) and usually little to no modifications are granted with equipment, but can be granted with temporal drugs or potions.

Dexterity (C and R)
Used: Compete against enemy Dexterity (C) or Reflexes to land a hit! This doesn’t mean you did hurt the unit though.
Description: How good are you wielding that club? How nice a shoot are you? Dexterity matters when you have to fill someone’s head with lead and also does help when you want that unit to land a kick in the nuts. Usually long range weapons or helmets can have some modifications done to Dexterity, but you may find good or bad mods in everything.

Reflexes:
Used: Against Dexterity (R) and to decide which unit does things first.
Description: Do you have that good hand/eye coordination and a good pair of legs? If so, you have nice reflexes that can save your ass and make your units act quicker than their enemies since the one with the better reflexes moves before the others. Usually heavy equipment of any kind will take this attribute down a notch, but other times some things can boost it…

Mind:
Used: Usually to resists magic and to use it against enemies or even summon help from the wilderness.
Description: If your unit did skip class most its life, forget this. A good mind will help your units get tougher against magic attacks or mind invasions while it also will help getting someone’s head to explode with the right magic tricks. This also serves to make sure your guys get in line and don’t go away running like pussies when their friend’s heads get to explode finally. Usually special helmets (or whole armors) as well as weapons may give boosts to this, but they are very limited and usually not good at anything else.

Agility:
Used: It shows how far away you can move, it also is used when you want to go around spaces where other units are or to flank enemies.
Description: Good feet and quick movements can save your life, but how far can you run? If your unit wants to turn tail and go home crying, it will need some good agility to get away from the action as well as (if they get bright and decide to go into killing spree) to get close and crush those damn idiots on the ground. Usually there are no modifications except negative since the bigger load you have, the slower you will get.

These are the attributes, now, how to use these dudes? Well, easy.

Pick a dice of 10 sides and your friend should do the same. Done? Good, now let’s say your friend has Dexterity (C) 3 and wants to kick your ass for saying something about his mother that he didn’t like at all. You are a pussy and only have Dexterity (C) 2.

Now, when you compare these attributes you have a -1 and he has a +1, which is easy to see since you only need to see who has the bigger one (bigger attribute, as in strength…) and then get a look at the dice.

You two have a 10 head dice so if you want to get a fair game going on the normal thing to do if you have equal attributes that will compete against each other you will have to get MORE than 5 to do it right… But why does your friend throw a dice too? If he gets more than 5 (when having equal attributes) he will hinder you by the amount he scores over what he needs to.

So this goes like this:

If you have to get a 5 and you land a 9 but your friend lands 10 it means he went over 5 points what he needed and you would have needed a 10 to get away from that asskicking you were (and now ARE) going to get.

But in this case things aren’t THAT fair! You get a -1, so you have to score 6 or more to hinder your buddy’s attack while he will score it with a 4 or more, which will mean if he gets 8 or more he will hit anyway and you will end up feeling his shoe in your rump.

So when you FINALLY throw the dice he gets (we suppose) a 9 and you simply don’t want to throw the dice because he will kick your ass anyway.

However you are a pretty sturdy guy and he isn’t all that strong… You have 5 in constitution for so many beatings in your life and he only has 2 in strength because he likes to kick ass, but he doesn’t like to train.

So this means you will only need to get 2 or more (since there are 3 points difference) to give him the idea that you will not get harmed easily, except if you get a 1 (I will say why latter), in which case you can still taste pain. Your buddy, though, needs 8 or more to make you suffer a nasty bruise down there, but unless he scores a 10 (I will say why right away) he will probably do nothing but make you laugh.

Now, why the 10 and 1? Well, there are those moments where you think you scored that luckiest hit that will grant your life, OR, you feel that you broke your arm when you tried to punch that guy’s metallic pants at the wrong angle.

10 is a critical, you have the option to multiply that hit by 2 (normally, some skills or weapons give a nicer multiplier) or to land a wound right away not caring for armor, but you still have to get through constitution first (If you don’t have armor, you get wounded right away). However, +1 in constitution to the victim always means the weapon or attack can’t deny them their chances even if they don’t have an armor.

1 is a catastrophically miss, this usually means you will fail the attack automatically, but the better chances you had the worse this will be. +1 or +2 will mean you can’t attack the next turn (reason? Whatever you want to think) but +3 will get your unit without a weapon for 1D10 turns since it did something really f***ed up with the damn thing… +4 or more will get him to hit or shoot himself! Magic will mean that the unit’s head flew away without the body. So yea, you can get yourself killed! Idiot…

Now, Wounds and Armor? Well, wounds mean how badly damaged the unit can get before getting a few feet under the ground until they are brought back to life… if they ARE brought back to life, that is.

Armor is used after Constitution vs Strength and only the defender throws. Each armor has a Constitution value asides the Armor value, the differences can only be applied in positive to the armor (so +1, +2, etc…) but never in negative.

Why positive here? Is it bad?

Yes, it IS bad… the armor means how high you have to score to get that hit away from your sensitive flesh.

So what happens if I have an armor of 3.75 with 2 Constitution? (you can have decimals and they are rounded up). Well, if the enemy hit you with 4 Strength (for example) your armor will be reduced to 5.75 (so 6) which will mean you will need to land a 6 or more to not get cut in two.

Of course armors will usually (at least at the beginning of your battles) be really lame until your guys get stronger and better to have equipment that doesn’t suck, but is better than nothing.

It is fair to say here, before we end this section, that most attributes for humanoids cannot reach more than 10 points (Even getting to 10 points is near imposible if you don’t want to have crappy attributes in the other things) except with boosters from weapons or equipment, but even then it will probably be only one attribute while the rest are crap.

Animals like Scrabs or Paramites (for example) can have some attributes up to 15 or so while others may be downed to a minimum of 5. If there is a creature with a top at 20, probably two or three attributes will be lowered to 5, but you better don’t get close anyway…

Also, humanoids cannot get more than five wounds, no matter what (Except heroes).

This is all for attributes, next… GETTING YOUR DUDES TO BE BETTER SOLDIERS!

Part 2: Experience (Cogs and Spooze)

Well possible commander, you know how to know how good your guys are and that you can get them better with equipment (that we will talk about in a future section) but you still don’t know how to get them better because they earn it!

Cogs and Spooze, those are the things! Moolah once ruled the world but now, in this land at war, Cogs are the coin for trade as much as Spooze.

Industrials usually reward their commanders with Cogs when they receive the reports from the battles (even when they are defeated! But usually fair less, of course) while the native tribes grow Spooze after the celebrations of their victory, or at least a bit to compensate the efforts of the army that tried their hardest to win.

With enough Cogs or Spooze you can create new equipment and use the virtual training machines (or the ancient visions and stones) to upgrade your units after the battles. Rarely a creature needs both Cogs and Spooze, but everyone in this party knows how to scavenge from the enemy those resources they need… so no commander will find it hard to have a bit of the other side if they need it.

Your men will be able to get better toys (armors and weapons) thanks to Cogs or Spooze any time you wish for it (Except if the mission is a series of battles, you have to return to base for this), but getting them to level up and get upgraded needs for them to risk their necks.

Why?! Because you may want to upgrade a unit since you have the resources for it, but the guys up there are going to see your report and your battle one way or another… If they think that unit did not play its part, well, you can’t get that one up the ranks.

Also, dying is a traumatic experience you know? You can still get them weapons and armor if they died, but they will not be able to get inside a machine for training or get their minds stressed for the power of the ancients and shamans to wash over them. You must take care of your units!

Also, Cogs and Spooze can be used to get new units (basic units are what I would ask you to get) that will now be able to get upgraded if you want to explore the other pats for those guys or try a different way of training.

There are usually at least 4 levels for most units, in each they will advance to a different unit class which will be a bit stronger (usually up to 3 points you can distribute) and will get access to better weapons and armor types.

You can gain plain “Experience” for YOU to level up and upgrade the maximum amount of C.P (command points) you have. These points are used to determine how big an army you can lead since every unit takes its tool, remember your brain is getting stressed out there too.

We should also mention that as you level up you unlock better units (2º, 3º, 4º and 5º grade), but while a new unit comes with the basic stats and up to 3 points to customize it with, level 2 and upwards will come with premade stats that will have less stats at the end.

Lets explain:
Lv1: Basic stats and up to 3 extra points to spend.
Lv2: The Basic’s stats and up to 3 points to spend if you leveled up, if not: Premade stats and up to 2 points to spend.
Lv3: The Lv2’s customized stats and up to 3 points to spend if you leveled it up, if not: Premade stats and up to 2 points to spend.
Lv4: The Lv3’s customized stats and up to 3 points to spend if you leveled it up, if not: Premade stats and up to 2 points to spend.
Lv5: Lv4’s customized stats and up to 3 points to spend if you leveled it up, if not: Premade stats and up to only 1 point to spend.

If you get a unit from Lv1 to Lv5 you can get up to 15 points to personalize it (which can buy skills as well as attributes) which, one way or another will make it better or a simple KILLER. But don’t dream, you can’t get one invincible unit, only a thought ass mother****er under YOUR command.

If you bought a Lv2 or superior you end from 3 or 4 points shorter to simply getting no points at all. These units will be good, ok, to a certain extent. They will look mean and they will act mean and even really be mean… But a leveled up guy will crush their skulls.

It is true not all will have up to 5 levels; maybe some will have 4 or only 3… But it is still better to get them to level up because you will be proud and they will be better.

Training pays off, remember that.

Also you must know that in one against one player matches you cannot have more than +1 levels against your enemy, it would not be fair… But if you do have, you can use the previous level’s C.P to play and have fun anyway. You will still have an advantage, but it would not be like, say, those +6 levels you had over the poor dude… In group matches the total levels must not differ in more than 1lv/player (So in 2vs2 it can be 2lv difference and 3vs3 would be 3lv difference total) since the C.P grow the same for everyone and the more people, the harder it is really noticed and more fun it will be.

This is all for the currency that also is the experience, Cogs and Spooze.

Part 3: Ways of fighting

Well now! You still don’t know the units you can command but you know what they can do and how to make them better, at least you think you know that to a certain extent with that brain of yours (So I am praying you know to ask them to shoot the guys that aren’t from your army, please). BUT YOU STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING!

So let’s get it started ok?

-Skirmish-

Your basic battle, do you need a reason? You found the enemy patrol, you got those hunters or whatever… The objective in a Skirmish is to kick the assholes on the other team until they are praying for their lives or they are in cloning tanks or resurrection totems.
Good to practice and to get your guys up a few levels (or a lot), but these aren’t all that fun since the maximum player capacity is a 1vs1.

-Conquer the land-

Oh yes, that village should look nice, IN FLAMES! Hold the key locations to achieve domination or obliterate the enemy team and then conquer the place to do as you see fit (Outlaws should not be asked what will they do).
A good way of testing teamwork between players since there is no real species and sides’ limitations here. Up to 2vs2 or 3vs3

-Conquer and transform-

Like Conquer the Land, but this time only the same faction can team up (so no cross factions) which will force players to understand their enemy far better while also getting to know their units to the same limit they will be used. Didn’t you like that faction? Then get to work with it properly!

-Assault!-

In this play you and your team will attack an enemy base (That will have its full C.P force in units and extras in defenses!) with the intention of holding a specific spot usually with a secondary objective of killing a specific unit (Important or high level unit) that you decide from your designated enemy (one of the opposing players that you will tell the 3º party or master).
The attackers may win if they conquer the designated location (no enemy unit is there for at least 3 turns while there is one allied unit) and they will have extra resources (exp, cogs, spooze) if they also achieve the secondary objective. If an ally achieve the secondary objective for someone else it doesn’t count. If the defender doesn’t have that special unit killed (at all, cant die from anyone’s hands) they win the special reward instead of the enemy. The defenders may not know the secondary objectives of the attackers, only the master.
This kind of game needs a master (3º party, watcher, etc…)
Up to 2v2 to 4vs4.

-Campaign!-
“No Man’ Land” Is big, big enough to be bigger than the place where 4 games took place so you may have a campaign designed and played here in any number of scenarios planed beforehand (and usually constructed).
This game should have up to 8vs8 players and a schedule to play the game in rounds, record the battles if possible and share them for everyone’s enjoyment while making an interesting story.
The 3º party (or master) may also control neutral armies in battles so the players don’t have grudges and may throw a dice every “campaign turn” (so when everyone has done their move and or battle) to see if someone is attacked. This is the only thing the master should do with everyone knowing how it will happen so no one gets angry, this is a game.
This kind of games should be fun, long, and you should start a new commander for the purpose of playing the Campaigns. Buildings and any other things that should be used are NOT currently being worked on.

Part 4 (last): Turns.

A turn is really only a small portion of time (probably around five seconds) where the units move in order of Reflexes (If the teams have units with the same number of points in Reflexes, they all throw a dice and go in order from higher throw to the lower, if there is a tie, throw again and decide who goes first and who goes after for those who tied up).

They go like this: Move, attack (capture a zone, use magic or equipment such as mines, medic kits and anything else… also you can reload if your unit needs it) and finish.

If your unit moves and finish it will counterattack the next time it is attacked if the mentioned unit CAN counterattack (so if the enemy is in range).

When every unit has acted this turn (they sould be marked as so) they all will be able to move again and the action will be rolling again as done before.
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Wow that's a lot of text... I'll read the rest soon
it's so far really good

02-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Sounds very much like something right out of Oddworld. It'd be great as an online multiplayer game. This is more or less the kind of game I'd like to play. Just make sure you actually finish it.

:

02-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Am going to make my best effort on this :3 I see it as a board game right now, but with luck it will be for pc sooner or later X3 Right now I will continue working on this in any case to finish the basics soon enough.

I am going to say, however, that now it is a delicate phase in the sense that it is time for the factions and their units. I will take a LOT of time into making those so I will probably not post anything in this for a while, but could use beta readers ( ) to see what they think of the things until the five factions are done. Weapons and armors come in afterwards and will be also a long journey... as well as advanced rules such as terrains, attacks from behind, line of sight for the units, etc.

THIS is a power struggle... A power struggle between my brain and my patience cause I am sure I will make loads of mistakes at first here.

But as for now, thanks for everyone supporting with the comments x3! It does help a lot ^^.
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Idea Come here! Information for the game hungry!

Hello people, here Uros with news from the trenches about “Oddworld Power Struggle”.

In the first order or news I will say that MAYBE there is one person on the team now ^^ I haven’t asked if I can say it SO I will not say who it is since I don’t have clearance :3 (And 'cause that person may want to say it instead of me :3 And I like my teeth where they are :3)

This is a step towards having the game on your gaming boards ^^ But as a part of the news this includes the information on the PLANNED time when REAL work (Images, and if with enough staff, maybe 3D models for if this gets to be in PC) will be done is SUMMER!

So until you see any concept art for the game or anything? Summer, probably. It is too far awat from biw? Yes, but if things go smoothly this sould be true news and so it means good news for everyone as well as something to look foward to ^^.

This piece of news also include the names and a small description of four of the actual 8 basic units for the “Tree Huggers”, with a bit of an explanation on how the system of levels (And thus, “evolution” will work).

I will show you with the example of your plain native Mudokon (Which also is the name of the unit):

Native Mudokon is your plain hand to hand combat dude, they will be cheap (more or less) for those who want to play with the Tree Huggers and can go up the ranks onwards 2 pats: Tomahawker and Mudarcher (Side 1 and Side 2 for now on).
If you decide to take the Side one, the next time you will be able to chose Side 1 A (Next level of Tomahawker), Side 1 B (The Tomahawker gets a big mean hammer to knock down enemies and attack them while they are down) and Side 1 C (The Tomahawker takes two Tomahawks instead of one to go on berserker and kick ass with two weapons).
The Side 1 C can only achieve Lv3 and is thus cheaper than Side 1 B and side 1 A, but it would only be meant to be a shock trooper that would be charged with dismissing weak hand to hand units or to try luck against more powerful enemies since this unit has two weapons and thus 2 atacks.
Side B can achieve 4 levels and is mean as a “tank” unit (and for a Mudokon that is saying a lot…) which can take down humanoid sized enemies (Including Scrabs, Elums, Big bros… this is one strong Mudokon, or that is the plan) and would be able to attack them stronger and easier if they are knocked down. The problem would be that this unit is effective if strong and dexterous, but would hardly mean too much reflexes or mind as well as agility if you want to get the guy in this role.
Side A can achieve 5 levels and is mean to be as you wish it to be since I plan on designing it to have fairly neutral abilities that would serve against any enemy and maybe a bit of healing (hardly). This guy can get really strong if you use the points to customize it well as well as giving the dude a nice high grade tomahawk and armor… If you are not a cheap bastard.

You also should know the:
Mudokon Raiders which will be able to ride Elums or raid enemies as they jump on a Scrab’s Back when they reach lv2 and chose… So yea, I added the Mudanchee if anyone is fan :3 They are meant to be a slow defensive cavalry (Or transport that can take 2 units so they can shoot or attack hand to hand in a group) or a strong attacking, but mildly weak in defense, cavalry to destroy your enemies. Let the Scrabs eat them afterwards or they get angry.
There are, as well, Mudokons Caretakers that take care and breed Live ammo in Side 1 (Centre of the evolution tree) a Slog or Sleg for anyone that would want to see the Mulletokon (Side 2, left in the evolution tree) and even Paramites, or a very strong male and big Paramite, if you want a Mudomo (Side 3, right in the evolution tree). Side 2 and 3 are available when they reach Lv3
And, of course, you may chose to have the Scrubs because they are meant to infiltrate enemy lines and betray that side, which will be explained latter, poison the enemies with darts, plant bombs or even instigate enemies to attack their masters!

The latter from the last unit will NOT grant anyone enemy units, only so you know the cloning or resurrection procedures eliminate any kind of mind corruption and you can’t take the units to revive them if they lack the soul the new body has (If the enemy don’t want to resurrect them however, this will be looked upon, of course they could resurrect them and then fire them to annoy you…).

So right now, after counting every different unit I have in mind for one single species (which may be smaller in number, or bigger as time gives me more ideas or makes me decide which are better or worse) there are around ONE HUNDRED different units for the Tree Huggers, at least, there are one hundred planned…

But right now it is a resume of things to come and time will tell. I said this will take long, and I was serious when I said it

(Also sorry to post a new one, but I think this is important enough to get a new post even after my last one)
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

best double post ever.

02-14-2010, 05:39 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Drunk

Than yew very much 83 I hope people at least like the news I can give since this is coming along slower than I thought... It is a workload bigger than I imagined so it is taking lots of time while school is knocking my door off its place x3... but am giving it as much time and effort as I can ^^.

Places for people that would want to program and model these things in 3D are still open :3 An engine for the game in pc and such is also needed X3 So you can see this is still too early to celebrate, but hey! Work is being done, that is saying something x3.

Note: My head hurts after the carnivals… no work today, lazy and slow this day is. Also, if you dress up as Wally you are going to be found a frigging lot… No comments on this silly thing please 83
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-16-2010, 05:02 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

Good may I suggest an idea if you make the RTSRPG perhpas the factions could be splinter Magog Cartel, the Free people and then the splinter vykers conglomerates? Dunno like pharmaceutical interns and vykers and upgrades like armour and crap

02-16-2010, 05:31 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

:
RTSRPG
I read that in the voice of Aretha Franklin.

02-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

Scrabtrapman, dude... I must say I didnt get what you tried to tell me, really x3... Can you explain better please :3?
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

Ok, new double post *sighs* and new things I would like people to comment because it is beta and I need opinions :3

Downside? I will need to post this in my DA page soon because I dont have now the time to put the atributes and **** togueter nicely BUT I hope this gives you all something to take a look and see if you like :3 See you soon!

Note: Copy and paste in Word, probably will be better.

Chapter 3: Factions, backgrounds, units and more.

Part 1:
Tree Huggers

*-.History.-*

Mudokons tried to talk, Mudokons tried to make peace, offer a fair bargain and help everyone because they are as dumb as anyone can get (So they are good people in resume). But how long could the nicest of guys last against someone gnawing his legs and arms?

When the queens of their race begun to whiter and die because of pollution and destruction of their natural habitat the things went gloom… When only a handful remained the things really went from gloom to hell. What would this species do? The remaining Mudokons seemed to be destined to be slaves for the Glukkons’ power hungry… feet/hands… whatever! Things seemed to be on the worst case scenario.

However, as a lone ant can build a nest and create a new army, so does a Mudokon.

Young females decided to flee away from the action that was taking place to, at least, live a life full in a place they could call their own… Of course the lack of queens in the new environment probably trigged a self preservation mechanism that attracted some of the males that fled with them once they settled which, with no need of naughty descriptions here, ended in a batch of queens being “born” (you could say).

However it was not long before Glukkons also went around poking their nonexistent noses around to throw the used smokes on their beautiful land. But again, the Mudokons hoped they could be at peace with everyone only battling if needed.

Yea, no s***?

Daihë was a young hunter when the first bullet in their new home came passing to de-brain his mentor, but unlike the others, Dailhë fought with the intention to remove the industrials from the land.

Everyone thought the young Mudokon had died during the battle that ensued between a large force from the industrials against the small Mudokon settlement they lived in. To everyone’s surprise, Daihë came triumphant with a load of Slig masks on his back and two spears full of blood.

From that day onwards most Mudokons in “No Man’s Land” took up arms to fight against the Glukkons and their desires for the yet green land that would stop nurturing the world if they were to conquer it. Knowing that and having Daihë, who had no fear of anything but the end of the world’s life, made the Mudokons think that for once they would have to give an all out war to survive.

The war begun with small attacks against the Glukkons which, for once, feared for their security and developed the T.C.V to crush many of the attacks and recover many conquered positions… However this only fueled the Mudokons’ desire of freedom and payback as, when they captured one of the enemy generals, they copied the device with their natural powers and knowledge.

With this new “power” shamans of the three main species that defended the world (Mudokons, Steefs and Grubbs) were appointed warlords to guide the troops with their powers in squads that ranged greatly in power and size.

As the power struggle grew after the creation of the Master Pole of Life (a giant resurrection totem that harvested lost souls to give them back to life if they died in battle) and their enemies’ cloning factories the things darkened…

Daihë and one of his closest friends, Fituxgäa, were leading an attack the old way, without a T.C.V shaman. This left one survivor that had had enough of the Glukkons and them bossing around by a miserable pay and drugs to maintain them in line. Their miss was the start of The Work Force.

However as disgraces never come alone, The Wild Lands had risen from their neutrality as the workers rebelled against the Glukkons so they could have their rights acknowledged and their desire of freedom (well, and a lot of killing and pillaging) could be known.

This was too much to the poor young shaman Fituxgäa as Daihë asked him to rise and command another squad to empower the battle. Fituxgäa decided that it would be better to go and destroy something from inside, free the slaves and die as a hero to never come back before getting the war bloodier because he would join the ranks of those puppeteers moving the strings.

It ended funny thought…

Fituxgäa came back after a week away from his fellow tribal members to propose a plan… a plan that Daihë refused to accept and so did the queens, except one young queen that spoke out loud her feelings and thoughts and was thus banned from their domains alongside Fituxgäa and any Mudokon that wanted to join them.

This last straw drove Daihë to the edge of his anger, something that had fueled the battle at the start and he thought maybe he did something wrong despising his friend and his ideals… But then remembered what happened the last time those ideals had been tried.

With renewed strength the battle for t he land grew bloodier by the day. The queens had their sons brought back to life as they battled and died from freedom. Daihë spilled their enemies’ bodies on the ground simply to get the world back to the bright green color it used to be as everything would return to harmony again…

They believed they were doing the good thing as they protect the world’s natural resources and life.

What do you think?

*-.Units.-*

In this section you may find the units that the Three Huggers will use to liberate the land from the grasp of the people that wish to industrialize it and destroy the ancient cultures, religions and life forever.

You will see the Mudokons on every role they can think of to bring down the industrials as the Steefs and Grubbs assist them as much as possible.

Wild animals will join thanks to the Mudokons’ care as even the deceased come back to “life” to aid their young friends in this hour of need (And for the party afterwards, don’t forget this is Oddworld).

Other species wanted to join, but they are too few in numbers and… Well, I am the creator and I simply kicked them out of the 1.0 version ok? Deal with it.

Author’s Notes:

The Three Huggers are one of the most varied armies you may get: They have a lot of Lv3 up to Lv5 units unlike the rest that has more Lv3 and (maybe) Lv4. However they have some downsides.

Most Tree Huggers units have high strength, mind and even… some other characteristics! But they are low in Wounds since Mudokons, you heard me well, Mudokons can’t go up to more than four hits… and that is only if they get to level 5! Any lower than that and they are forced to be only up to 3 wounds.

Mudokons are frail, you knew it when you signed the contract, eat it.

This flaw, alongside with the higher cost in CP than most units from any other factions for powerful units (such as Raiders, Weirdos, Adepts (shamans in the making) and the like), makes this faction a hard one… But it has its good side.

Most Mudokons, which makes 75% or so of the army, have a nice 4 in their strength… which is countered by the usual initial 2 on constitution. LV2 units and forward only have it slightly better.

However, Mudokons are fairly good for all purposes and when you get enough resources you can experiment with higher levels as well as the Grubbs and Steefs if you feel daring while the diverse units you can get may be too much for your adversary… and yourself.

*** Native Mudokon ***

Lv1
Native
Mudokon
Side 1 Lv2 Side 2
Tomahawker Mudarcher
Side 1 C Side 1 B Side 1 A Lv3 Side 2 A Side 2 B Side 2 C
Dual Wielder Hammerer Masher/Cutter Long Spoozebow Dual Bow Spoozer (Sniper)
Side 1 B Side 1 A Lv4 Side 2 A Side 2 B
Bashmass Berserker Sharpshooter Spreadbow
Side 1 A Lv5 Side 2A
Wild Protector JungleRanger

LV1:

Native Mudokon:

Native Mudokons are your plain old fellows from the forests, caves and… wherever they may be. Native Mudokons live free in the wilderness where they collect food, pray to the gods and do all those neat tribal things such as body paintings and taking care of nature. They are hippies…
Now seriously: Native Mudokons live their whole life in one of the many tribal settlements. They take care of nature and protecting the land from disease or invasion such as attacks from the Glukkons who wish to conquer this wild land.
These Mudokons learn since young to take from the land only what they need, taking care of the land and its creatures in return to complete the circle. While most Native Mudokons don’t have any shamanistic power they do uphold the ancient traditions and would rather die than get captured and enslaved.
This is the basic unit any commander can employ and is pretty easy to get since most Mudokons are simple people… However they may turn to be great warriors if given time and the knowledge of their ancestors.

STR CON DEX (C) DEX (D) REF AGI Wounds MIN CP Cogs Spooze
4 2 3 2 3 3 1 4 6 0 50 (5)

Weapons:
Tribal Knuckles. Rocks.

Abilities:
Throw (Rock): The Natives usually have a surplus of rocks to throw, they aren’t anything in particular, but they are as strong as the arm throwing them and just as precise (3 spaces)

*** LV2

LV2 Side 1:

Tomahawker:

While some Natives train for months until they get to control their strength enough to use a weapon and NOT break it with the extra force they put into them, however most Natives seem to prefer gathering or herding since training to be a Tomahawker requires risking your neck… Well, they didn’t see the guys kicking ass!
A Tomahawker has gone in for the raw power of a melee combat while their counterparts, the Mudarchers, go along the long range power. They have still very frail bodies as most Mudokons, but when they get closer they are mean hitters with great skill on their hand to hand combat and great force in every single hit they make.
They are powerful, but they are hardly better in comparison with a normal Native. Right, they are more powerful and they can fair better in hand to hand combat… But if they weren’t empowered with Spooze thanks to the shamans or old stones, they are only slightly better BUT still a powerful beginner’s unit.

STR CON DEX (C) DEX (D) REF AGI Wounds Min CP Cogs Spooze
5 3 4 0 3 3 1 4 9 0 75 (8)

Weapons:
Tomahawks

Abilities:
Whirlwind: The Tomahawker attacks in a circle around himself, hitting any enemy that is around him. (Check with Mind. -1 accumulative after each usage)

LV2 Side 2:

Mudarcher:

Foraging, herding animals and cultivating usually gives enough for the Mudokons to live while the Tomahawkers keep most far away villages comfortable and with the usual big prey to feast upon if they happen to get too close to endanger their place. That doesn’t mean that the Mudokons leave the place unprotected against anyone that can kill them from the distance.
These guys have left their strength training behind and they are pretty lousy at hand to hand combat (worse than normal Natives after so much time training), but when empowered by the spooze, visions and ancient stones… the Mudarchers are terrible fighters indeed.
Trained in the art of FIRING HELL over their enemies, Mudarchers have the task of protecting friends from a long range while the melee counterparts finish the job if these guys didn’t get the enemy full of spooze holes.

4 2 2 4 4 3 1 4 11 0 85 (9)

Weapons:
Spooze Bow

Abilities:
Sight Shoot: The Mudarcher negates the Reflexes saving throw or the Armor saving throw of the enemy. Only once per combat and must be decided beforehand, if you miss, eat it.

*** LV3

LV3 Side 1 A:

Mash Cutter:

Since the war came down new ‘technologies’ have been researched by everyone. The Mash Cutter was one of the first ones since it simply meant sharpening the rocks/gems they use for their Tomahawks. It may seem trivial, but doing this is an art.
The Mash Cutters need a lot of time to train or a nice dose of spooze and visions to get right how to use this new weapon without breaking it to pieces (Which usually happens anyway) as it is more delicate and better handcrafted, which doesn’t include guarantee if you hit it too hard where you shouldn’t have…
They are fairly stronger and better at dodging enemies as well as getting close to anyone that bothers them, but these Mudokons are at the verge of losing it so sometimes they simply don’t want to fallow orders and charge like they were mad.

6 3 4 0 4 4 1 4 11 0 110 (11)

Weapons:
Tomahawk grade 2

Abilities:
Reckless Charge: Check against Mind each turn, if you fail the Mash Cutter will go as fast as it can against its nearest enemy. If he can’t he will simply wait.

LV3 Side 1 B:

Hammerer:

What do you do when you have a guy that can use a big ass weapon that could cut as easily as smash something up? Well, if you want that guy to smash things right… GIVE HIM A MEANER HAMMER!
Mudokons that are tougher than the normal one usually end up taking the great hammers known as “Blunts” simply because the original one was created when a rather wild Tomahawker used so much his oversized weapon in one battle that, in the end, it had a huge blunt edge that could smash rocks up.
Not original, I know, but to hell with originality if it is effective! The Hammerers have an easy time knocking down anything that is nearly human sized (or a bit more than that thanks to their strength) while holding their position more than most Mudokons could. The bad side is that they are quite slow, but surprisingly they have nice reflexes for such a lack of speed.

5 4 5 0 4 2 2 4 13 0 100 (10)

Weapons:
‘Blunt’

Abilities:
Knock Down Hit: Instead of trying to harm an enemy the Hammerer may try to knock it down with the attack. If the hit lands (no need to check against constitution except if stronger than the Hammerer) the enemy is knocked down and needs to get up on its turn (50% chance).

LV3 Side 1 C:

Dual Wielder (Tomahawk Dancer):

Most Tomahawkers end up half losing it, but usually having enough common sense to not abandon themselves fully (not yet at least) when they get in such a stage of enlighten (by Spooze or training) when they master their old weapons.
Some, however, find it exciting to charge without consideration into battle to do the most damage possible before being taken down! These guys usually use their incredible dexterity and strength, coped up with agility and sharp reflexes, to charge with two Tomahawks on their hands.
The Dual Wielders, also called Tomahawk Dancers, are very fun guys that, when they are not fighting, usually are dancing and singing around the block. If they are fighting, however, you better run fast because these guys, when they begun, they don’t know if they are hitting friends or enemies.

5 3 5 0 4 4 1 4 14 0 95 (10)

Weapons:
Two Tomahawks (Up to Grade 2)

Abilities:
Advanced Whirlwind: The Dual Wielder uses the Whirlwind, but can also move into any direction two times afterwards. Throw a dice with arrows on it and go to the nearest space the arrow marks. The attack may hit friendly units too.

LV3 Side 2 A:

Long Shooter:

After much training to hold the power of the Spooze bow or after a great dose of it to feel more in tune with their weapons, Mudarchers usually customize their Spooze Bows to be better, faster and a mean killer… However it takes its tool.
Most Long Shooters have really awful strength for a Mudokon, and they are guys that could doge a bullet to the head almost face to face, but if someone slaps them… they start to cry… mostly because they can’t defend themselves being so close to anyone.
However, these dudes pack a mean weapon in their hands as they are trained to get fast shoots while being precise and lethal as they avoid enemy fire with speed and fast reflexes. They are usually silent guys atop of important towers or mean hunters, but these dudes can always chill out in a barbeque.

3 2 1 5 5 4 1 4 14 0 125 (13)

Weapons:
Spooze Bow Grade 2

Abilities:
Fast trigger: The Long Shooter has a great skill pinning down enemies, if he checks against mind (-1 accumulative after each usage) he/she may fire twice against the same objective or designate another to attack.

LV3 Side 2 B:

Dual Mudarcher:

At first some of the Mudarchers that desired to be as good as the Tomahawk Dancers tried to wear two Spooze Bows together… Let’s, they were young and they were easily revived, what can we do about them? Well, fuse two Spooze bows and you will see.
While Dual Mudarcher was not the brightest name ever, it served the purpose to not tell anyone what the hell the new weapon did… Until they got to show how nice a shotgun can be if it wears blue!
The young Mudarchers made it up possible to fix two Spooze Bows so close together that when they shoot, the weapon spread the attack in front of a short area that would feel like burning without really endangering the plants! The problem was it needed a few seconds to cool down after each shoot since the weapon did explode… once.
Right now the weapon must be made by hand as a trial to those that want to join this kind of fighting, though it is easier if a vision helps you out while having trained in something else of course… but it is a bit uncommon for a Mudarcher to choose this path after their normal training.

3 3 2 5 5 3 1 4 16 0 115(12)

Weapons:
Dual Ooze

Abilities:
Ice/Fire: The attacks have the element of Ice and Fire at the same time without them giving the status “Frozen” or “On Fire”. They can’t blow shit up.

LV3 Side 2 C:

Spoozer:

As with the Dual Ooze (the weapon for the Dual Mudarchers), the Spoozer was created by one young Mudarcher girl that had done anything possible to get into that position… but she lacked so much body mass that she couldn’t get in the same places other Mudokons could.
She tried her best until she finally could find a way of using her mind to channel a single shot from a modified bow that could enlarge and fasten the spooze so it could cut through flesh so easily it could kill a big enemy with one impact.
After she shown her creation she was named the first Spoozer and decided to help others making their own Spoozers as they try to reach this rank. The numbers are few, but it is mostly because only the weakest of the Mudokons decide to take this path.

2 1 0 7 6 5 1 5 17 0 120 (12)

Weapons:
Spoozer

Abilities:
Head Shot: Check Dexterity against Reflexes after a Mind check. If the Mind check is passed and the Spoozer hits, the enemy receives three wounds, or dies if he/she isn’t over 5 constitution.

*** LV4

LV4 Side 1 A:

Berserker:

Most other species try to get into Melee as little as they can, I will not be the one to say they do wrong… but if you are a pansy when it comes to get into fights, stay away from this dude.
Some Mudokons finally lose it when they have been fighting in close combat for too long, they aren’t really mad… they only like to smash things up! These guys are silent except when they go chanting towards a battle (Usually a suicide one) when they inspire fear to their enemies while being hard to take away if well protected and almost impossible to hit while in close combat.
Shame these guys usually have only enough valance to get close and smash things up, good thing, though, that they usually can take a few hits before being killed.
It is pretty common to see some of these guys while an armed assault is getting ready to strike an important location. They are usually in between the lines before the action gets close enough so they charge to the sides of any enemy and crush them.

6 3 6 0 1 4 2 6 22 0 175 (18)

Weapons:
Two head tomahawk

Abilities:
Fear Chanting: The Berserker is mumbling mumbo jumbo that scares the shit out of enemies! Any enemy (not robotic) in contact with this unit must make a Mind Check each turn and if they don’t make it, then they must walk away as much as their agility lets them for one turn. The enemies that are scared cannot attack anyone as they are acting like pussies.

LV4 Side 1 B:

Bash Master:

Bulkier than the Hammerers, these guys are really good at their jobs. They are charged with mashing things up to a pulp with blue hammers finely crafted and well made that can take as much pressure as a tank getting over them (The Mudokon that wields it doesn’t… but only by a small bit).
These guys are often fun to hang around with as they don’t mind if you talk about their overweight or oversized muscles (depends, they are members of either one) since there are proud of being so strong and capable of protecting their friends.
Usually these guys are with every company that wants to take a building down or construct something, so they are pretty good with their hammers if it involves having a friendly construction/deconstruction… Or besieging some bastards!
The problem with these guys is they are slow and don’t have much of a reflex factor, but since they don’t care much for speed or dodging bullets they can have a load of armor and their bodies usually can take a heavy hit that would kill any normal Mudokon.

6 6 5 0 2 2 3 4 21 0 150 (15)

Weapons:
Heavy ‘Blunt’

Abilities:
Knock down Hit Advanced: Now the Bash Master will also harm the enemies with this attack, plus if they have a critic when the enemy is in the ground they will be killed automatically if they don’t pass any number of hits landed by the Bash Master.

LV4 Side 2 A:

Sharp Spoozer:

It takes a lot of determination to take a shoot that may decide if you save a guy or not… But if you can resurrect it WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?! These guys aren’t snipers and they are far from it, but they can take a shot with as much as a simple gaze at their enemies before they can react.
Highly skilled, these Mudokons can even have a fair hand to hand combat encounter with the lowest of infantry before they turn away and shot their faces off, or they kick the enemy’s asses (if they can) so they can give one of the best mid/long range supports of the army.
Actually there are few of these guys around because they need a great deal of training and for any leader it costs a lot to give visions from a younger and less trained warrior so it can become better… However they usually are able to destroy a great amount of treats if trained properly. The bad news is they usually don’t talk with anyone…

3 2 2 6 5 4 1 4 23 0 195 (20)

Weapons:
Long Range Spooze Bow

Abilities:
Gaze Shot: The Sharp Spoozer negates both Reflexes and Armor throw only once per combat, but can also make a single wound to anyone that has no Armor as he negates Reflexes and Constitution throws.

LV4 Side 2 B:

Spread bowman:

When the Dual Mudarchers thought the firepower of such an interesting shotgun was becoming less and less useful as the combats climbed the ranks from harsh to madness, the creators of the weapon finally made full cannon out of wood and spooze.
The Oozer (soooo creative name) was made as a mean to spread a great deal of Spooze in a wide long area after the guys trained enough. It gave out magnificent results, though it lost that burning sensation it gave the enemies, but in counterpart it was now a good way of cleaning up some enemy positions.
One of the uses that it happened to have, however, was that the high amount of wood made the Spooze react to some chants the Mudokons gave, sometimes growing plant life for a time wherever it landed. This sometimes served the Mudokons as they shoot to the ground while chanting to form a temporary cover, though, of course, this didn’t happen always.

3 3 3 6 6 3 1 4 25 0 185(19)

Weapons:
Oozer

Abilities:
Forestation: The Spread Bowman can throw against Mind (-1 accumulative after each usage) to make a 3x1 line of light cover in front of him/her that can benefit any Mudokon and Tree Hugger units.

*** LV5

LV5 Side 1:

Wild Protector:

Some Mudokons train since they are old enough to be considered Natives until they reach this stage, others simply are trained directly to be this powerful after they are birth into the world. Wild Protectors are the best a normal Mudokon can hope to become.
These guys are the leaders of settlements if no spiritual guide is around and they usually can take (alone) great enemies down or face great dangers for the sake of their people while just being their common guy in most aspects.
If raised through the ranks he (or she) will learn many valuable skills along the way and will still be able to be even more powerful than the ‘common’ Wild Protectors. These few may have the talent of single handedly decimate a small army before falling thanks to their enemies, but be sure of this: They will come back for you…

I always wanted to say that.

6 6 6 0 3 3 3 4 29 0 225 (23)

Weapons:
Up to a tomahawk Grade 3

Abilities:
Leadership: Any unit that is a lower level has a +1 to any attack roll they have to make and if they score critical they make the extra hits and an automatic wound. If the critical killed the unit… YOUR LUCKY DAY!
Lower Mending: After a successful check against Mind (-1 accumulative after each usage. Can be used 3 times as much) the Wild Protector can heal 1 wound to a friendly unit. Since he is not a healer he has a limited access to healing supplies and a 1 in the throw will mean he worsened his friend’s status!

LV5 Side 2 A:

Jungle Ranger:

It takes a lot of determination to take a shoot that may decide if you save a guy or not… But if you can resurrect it WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?! These guys aren’t snipers and they are far from it, but they can take a shot with as much as a simple gaze at their enemies before they can react.
Highly skilled, these Mudokons can even have a fair hand to hand combat encounter with the lowest of infantry before they turn away and shot their faces off, or they kick the enemy’s asses (if they can) so they can give one of the best mid/long range supports of the army.
Actually there are few of these guys around because they need a great deal of training and for any leader it costs a lot to give visions from a younger and less trained warrior so it can become better… However they usually are able to destroy a great amount of treats if trained properly. The bad news is they usually don’t talk with anyone…

2 2 2 7 5 5 2 4 31 0 245(25)

Weapons:
Long Range Spooze Bow

Abilities:
Pin Point: After a successful check on Mind (-1 accumulative after usage) and another (Obviously successful) check with Dexterity against enemy Reflexes you are rewarded with a 1D10 frozen enemy that also received a wound with no chance of using Armor or Constitution. (Special ammo: 3)
-Half the world then?

DA:

02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

The description for the Jungle Raider is exactly the same as the one for the Sharp Spoozer. And I think that when you say Spooze, you mean Spooce.

If you ever finish the game, the manual should be written exactly like that. With a spellcheck of course.

:

06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
KintoKeeper
Chippunk

: Jun 2010
: Dublin
: 22
KintoKeeper  (10)

do you play WarHammer?
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

: LOOK AT MAC SIRLOINS NOSE!
: 694
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!  (-80)
Happy

hi! i have an idea for a slig on the rebel side:
it has lots of messy tentacles (more than usual) and refuses to wear its mask, it usually takes vantage point high up in roofs and trees with its RPG, i gave it a simple name, RPG slig, but if you use it you can make any changes to it if you wish, i have drawn it but its not very good because i did it on paint, ill try and do a better one in time, but here it is (i cant draw sligs very well anyway).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RPG Slig.png
Views:	90
Size:	54.8 
ID:	11636  
06-24-2010, 01:22 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

KintoKeeper and OiTb, if you check the date of the last post you can see that no one has commented on this thread since February. Please check the date of threads before posting.

@The usual guys - was that nice enough?

06-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Yes, only...
:
you may revive an old thread if you wish to give feedback to an old thread, and the original poster is still an active poster in Oddworld Forums. If the person who posted the thread has been inactive for two months, please don't bother reviving the thread. The easiest way to check this is to look at their profile and look under their rep score to the line starting 'Last Activity:' which will tell you when they last visited the forums.
Uros was last here 8 days ago, so you're ok. I guess maybe there should be separate rules for thread necromancy if it's a concept thread, or people might revive things like this five years after they died or something Thanks STM, I'll think about that.

06-24-2010, 05:11 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

Me thinks loop hole found! =)