12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Taco
Super Stingbee

: Dec 2009
: Melbourne
: 453
Taco  (267)Taco  (267)Taco  (267)
Liberation

Why hello thar! I've finally decided to take the time and put my fanfic ideas down on paper. So here's my first ever fanfic that I intend to comit to and finish. Please, by all means, offer any advice and suggestions you wish. Constructive criticism is always good (the key word there being CONSTRUCTIVE).

Now then, onto the fanfic. I've decided to do this a bit differently. To give you all an idea of the setting I have in mind, I made a little backstory video. EDIT:The video is avaliable for download below, or watch the embedded Youtube version. The only thing is that the youtube version has slightly lower resoloution so the text may be a bit blurry on fullscreen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjh2kzg2nyy

The reason why I named Ch1 "Prologue" (as you see in the video) is because I couldn't cram all the backstory into that video, only the basic information. So I'll be uploading Chapter 1 as soon as I'm done going over it. Enjoy

Last edited by Taco; 12-06-2009 at 12:09 PM..
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Grieva
Riot Slug

: Dec 2005
: UK
: 568
Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)Grieva  (896)

Sounds pretty epic, love the format, and the story sounds cool, the idea Abe and Munch disappearing makes them seem really legendary,

but i had to pause all the time to read what was happenin and couldn't it have been on youtube instead of having to download it?

Still, cool idea, really lookin forward to the story, great job

12-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Taco
Super Stingbee

Thanks Grieva. Yeah, I could've put it on Youtube but I'm one of those people who doesn't have a youtube account, and I just couldnt be bothered making one. But I suppose I could transfer it there for easier access, then just embed it here.

Chapter one nearly finished...
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Taco
Super Stingbee

I apologise for samefagging but I need to post Chapter One for my 1 fan:
If you want a different font that's easier to read, just tell me. Also, I copied this from Word so if there's syntax errors or something doesn't make sense please let me know.

Chapter One: Prologue

One year and one week after the destruction of Vykkers Labs

The natives were still fast asleep on the morning of an unusually cold summer day, except for one. The Great Shaman’s young Apprentice was still wide awake, after drinking a strange green concoction the previous night, that his friends tricked him into consuming. He felt energetic and agitated after being awake for longer than he could remember, so he decided to go for a walk. The Apprentice (who was not allowed to reveal his true name as was tradition) pushed himself up from the hard dusty floor and exited his small tent. After a mighty stretch, he set off towards the Raisin’s Cave.

He walked uphill, along a narrow dusty road that crossed a patch of colossal and ancient trees. The sun was not up yet, so the usual bright, lush green forest was now dark blue, and silent. The path was lined with various mudokons who had passed out from their alcoholic spooce drinks the night before, or fell asleep after a night of dancing and singing. The previous night had marked the end of a one-week celebration in honour of Abe and Munch’s victory over Vykkers Labs. The Apprentice’s legs were getting very sore and stiff by the time he reached the empty plateau outside the Almighty Raisin’s cave. The Great Shaman’s hut was empty, and the Great Shaman lay face down in the dirt next to an extinguished fire, with a bottle in his hand.

The Apprentice gave a small chuckle as he reached the mouth of the tunnel leading into the caves. He was at the top of a large hill now, overlooking his tribe’s small village which was at the foot of the hill, in a sea of tall, green Spooce trees. They were mainly thick grey trunks, with majestic umbrella-like canopies at the top, and spooce shrubs growing in groups around the trees’ roots. The Apprentice climbed up onto the wooden wall outside the cave and looked behind him, to see the great, dark Mudymos Mountains that were snowy all year. He’d always wanted to see them up close. There were rumours that there was a large, secret industrial facility deep in the mountains that was never abandoned, even after the big Glukkon players were driven out of South-Eastern Mudos, or killed. However, these were only rumours, and they would not deter him.

A bright orange light suddenly hit the mountain face as the Apprentice was looking at it. The sun was finally rising, and he felt its comforting warmth. What he saw next however, was not so comforting. There was a thick black line above the horizon, and it was slowly getting larger. He simply assumed it was a large flock of birds that were startled by something, but he was wrong. A cloud of smoke followed them, as they suddenly separated and changed direction. These were machines, thousands of them, and from what the Apprentice could see they were headed for the Big Well. His heart sunk to his stomach. The industrials were hours away from his village, but why were they here? Were Abe and Munch dead?

These questions were racing through the Apprentice’s head as he jumped off the wall and clumsily slipped as he landed, rolling down the face of the hill and stopping at the mouth of the cave. As he pushed himself up, he heard a loud, deafening “BOOM” somewhere in the distance, and the ground shook, knocking him back down.

“What in Odd’s name is going on?” said a startled, deep hissing voice.

The Great Shaman was finally up, and he was looking around (which was what he seemed to be doing, but it was hard to tell where he was looking because of the large, decorated mask).

“Long-face, I’ve spotted industrials near the Big Well! What do we do?” the Apprentice asked him in a panicked voice. He could already hear the rest of the natives down in the village talking and some of them screaming. There was a large pillar of black smoke rising from somewhere in the far Spooceshrub forest.

“I... I need to talk to the Almighty raisin”. And with that, Long-face left, running into the cave, leaving his staff behind, leaving his hopes for peace behind

Two years after the destruction of Vykkers Labs

The native tribes of South-Eastern Mudos did not know war. They did know how to fight and hunt, but they did not know war like their ancestors did. Mudokons lived in separate tribes, but the tribes never fought each other, not since they all got a common enemy, the Industrials. But strangely enough, even after the bombing of the Big Well and the Spooceshrub forest, Mudokon tribes refused to unite. They all fought separate battles, but did so very effectively. They knew the land well and could ambush industrials.

Luckily for the Mudokons, the Glukkons had poor tactics and could not co-ordinate their forces well, and Sligs, being Sligs, would follow every order if they got paid in the end. The war raged on, against all Mudokon tribes in South-Eastern Mudos, except for one. The Mudymos tribe remained untouched. They heard about the great war, from birds who whispered things to shamans, and decided to stay hidden in the mountains, with a large portion of eggs that Abe had sent from Vykkers Labs. They heard rumours of the Spooceshrub forest burning to the ground, of the deaths of thousands of Mudokons and Industrials alike, the reoccupation of Splinterz, Magog Fuels, Soulstorm Brewery, and many other facilities that were due for repair.

Four years and one week after the destruction of Vykkers Labs

The Mudymos tribe had been left in the dark about the war for a while now. Less and less birds came to see the shamans, and a general fear spread amongst all the natives; a fear of the coming darkness from the north and the east. The happiness and tranquillity brought on by Abe and Munch’s victory over Industrials had long since faded.

One incredibly cold winter morning, all the Mudymos natives were woken up by a loud and terrifying sound. The warning bell was ringing. It was a deep metallic sound that meant the same thing to all Mudokons: imminent danger. They got up suddenly and picked up any weapons they could find in a desperate, unorganised rush to set up defences. Some picked up rocks, some picked up ancient spears, some even picked up fishing rods, but one mudokon suddenly let off a loud yell.

“STOOOOOOP! FALSE ALARM! FALSE ALARM!” he yelled to the top of his lungs as he pointed at the watch tower where the bell was kept. They all stopped what they were doing and looked up to see a young mudokon riding an elum, down from the watch tower to the edge of the village. He stopped in front of the crowd of furious mudokons and greeted them with a stupid grin on his face.

“It’s over!” he yelled. “The war is finally over! We made it!”

The crowd erupted in cheers and welcomed the messenger with tea and food. After over-indulging and getting sick from too much stew, he finally explained what had happened. The sligs had slowly ran out of ammunition and numbers and retreated back to their strongholds at Soulstorm brewery and Magog Motors to await reinforcements. The Mudokon tribes were easily holding them off in all locations, and there were even reported Shrykull sightings which gave them all hope again. Soulstorm brewery, and all other industrial sites were re-captured, and the Glukkons decided on a general retreat back to the great river, where they built a great wall, and decided to move into northern Mudos to find more resources to exploit there.

South-Eastern Mudos was stained red with the blood of Mudokons and Sligs, and filled with black craters, but it was peaceful once more.

END OF CHAPTER ONE.

EDIT: oh and here's a map for reference: