05-24-2001, 07:56 AM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Apr 2001
: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)
TOMB RAIDER MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

It's coming out really soon, I just saw the commercial! She did'nt literally look Like Lara, well, kinda, But any of you guys gunna see it? I love the tomb raider series

05-24-2001, 08:19 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Hmm, I never liked the Tombraider series. It seemed to me the only aspect that made the game popular was Lara because of her breasts. I hated the gameplay itself - with bits of you going through walls & stuff. Even in the latest Tomb Raider game I saw bugs as soon as I started playing.

How closely is the game linked with the movie? If I hate the game, what will I think of the film?
05-24-2001, 10:42 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hi, Pinky and Pacen. I already saw all the four trailers of Tomb Raider: the movie and I'd say that its gonna be a good movie. I will watch it at the theater ASAP.

About the games, I only played the TB II, the dagger of xian, and I actually liked it, although the 3D angine of the game wasn't that good, but I can assure you, Pacen, that you're not going to see those kind of "bugs" in the movie, hehe.

I'm very happy that they called Angelina Jolie to act as Lara, because she is a great actress(she has an Oscar for Girl, interrupted). Sure, she doesnt look exactly like Lara Croft from the game, but it doesnt matter, besides the character for the game is a bunch of colored pixels. I'm aware that the producers of this movie want to make profit based on the succes of TB games series. But I don't care. all I want is to spend two hours watching a good movie.

but if the movie doesn't turn out to be good, I will join the TB haters

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: Lampion ]
05-24-2001, 04:59 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

That's the spirit Lampion! Only the perverted now life, compyet-geeked, losers that have the star trek shits, like Lara for her breast. But I love the game because it was sooo mad gravy. It was hard for a couple of times, but then i got use to it and beat it really fast. It was so adventureous, and so action-packed wow! I feel that it would be worth my money watching

05-24-2001, 05:53 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)

I only like the 2 game it´s so cool. I was so crazy about it, just like ow, but ow is more. its a universe

05-26-2001, 08:13 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR:
That's the spirit Lampion! Only the perverted now life, compyet-geeked, losers that have the star trek shits, like Lara for her breast.
Ha! I'm not saying that guys loving Lara Croft is right (IMO... it's stupid)... but this is coming from the same person that said that she wanted to marry Trunks from DBZ and that that dude from Gundam Wing is sexy. Hahahaha!!! Really, it's not much different... anime / video game characters... same thing!

Anyways jokes aside, I've never been too much of a fan of the Tomb Raider series simply because of the emphasis on Lara. I have played a couple of demos of the game and it was ok, but I did notice some of the bugs that Pacen and Lampion mentioned.

:
Originally posted by Lampion:
I'm aware that the producers of this movie want to make profit based on the succes of TB games series.
I couldn't agree more! I posted a topic on this a while back. I think the movie might be good (I won't judge fully until I have seen it)... but it is certainly a cash in.

Abe Babe...

[ May 26, 2001: Message edited by: Abe Babe ]

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!