Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

02-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)
The Odd Wars (Fanfic)

This is my first fanfic! HURRAH!

The Odd Wars: The First Assault

“Agh!” Frank screamed as he was beaten by a Slig for trying to escape. His ears were ringing and his back was all bruised from the beating. He was thrown aside for the next mudoken. His mind was thinking desperately what to do. He was weak and wounded and couldn’t do anything but moan. He thought of a way out and remembered a gate in the stockyards when he was trying to attempt his last escape. He summoned the strength to walk. Frank got himself up and silently limped to the door…
“Hey! That mud is on the run! GET HIM!” A slig shouted as he grabbed his rifle.
“Where?” The slig that was beating the other mud shouted.
“THERE!”
“Oh! Gotcha!”
Frank was almost at the lift when he heard gun shots and the sound of bullets flying past him. He jumped into the lift and pulled the lever. He felt the force of the elevator pushing him down. Frank heard the click and ring of the lift and crawled to the door. He managed to get up once more and, miraculously run towards the big sign that says: Stockyards. He grunted as he opened the heavy door to his last hope of freedom. Frank ran through the barrels and crates and reached the rusty fence. He found the fence, worn out because of age, he busted through it with ease and heard the loud growl of something big.
“Oh no…” Frank murmured as he turned around slowly.
He saw the large figure looming over him, with a broad chest and a curved beak dripping with a foul smelling saliva. It lunged and tried to skewer Frank in its large gaping mouth. Frank, however was more swift then the clumsy Scrab and rolled into a small hole in the rusty fence and ran for a nearby forest. Frank lost the two sligs and the scrab and was closing in on his destination. He lowered his pace so he was just walking. Frank was listening to a low humming sound, yet it seemed it was coming from everywhere. Then he knew where it was coming from, a near by village. He ran down the dirt path till he found himself looking into a small but lively village, farmers cultivated garden-sized crops, mudokens tanning skins, meat being cooked, etc.
A plump mudoken in purple robes approached him, and Frank assuming he was the chief of the village was humiliated because of his appearance: bruised body, torn loincloth, and dripping with scrab saliva.
“I am Chief Ted.”
“I am Frank, a former escapee from a near by meat processing plant.”
“I can tell by your appearance.”
Humiliated, Frank’s face appeared as if a Fuzzle was chucked down his throat. Then he remembered back at the factory, that one mudoken that also tried to escape.
“Umm… May I help you?” Ted asked.
“Yes, you can!” Frank exclaimed as a grin appeared on his face.
“What?”
“All of your warriors!”
“Wha!?”
“You heard me! Mudokens are being tortured and I want revenge for what there doing to our brethren!”
By that time Ted had already rounded up a group of mudokens willing to fight against the factory that was torturing mudokens to work faster and effectively. Ted couldn’t bear the thought of his race being treated like slog fodder! He decided that this was blood-spilling war! Warriors, Tomahawkers, and Mudarchers were in neatly organized lines.
“To war my brothers!” Ted shouted over the anxious voices of warriors.
“CHARGE!” another mudoken shouted.
War cries were heard from the large crowd and mudokens marched through the forest towards the stockyards.
Meanwhile, a slig in a watch tower looked out in the stockyards and saw the engaging mudoken army. He gasped and activated the alarm. Inside sligs were running outside along with carts of bombs which were place along the fences. In a few minutes sligs were behind barricades clumsily made of crates and barrels. The mudokens saw their foe and attacked viciously. In few minutes, spears, bullets, and spooce arrows filled the air along with the sounds of falling comrades on either sides. The bombs were detonated and the livestock was set free. Scrabs and paramites were free to eat any opposing life form. Fuzzle battled as comrades with the mudoken army which was now coinciding with the slig’s forces.
“You!” The same slig that was chasing Frank screamed
“Wha?” Frank said clutching his tomahawk.
Once Frank’s eyes fell upon his incoming foe, its red eyes triggered hatred to swell up in himself like fresh wound. Frank screamed and charged at the slig he hated so much, his tomahawk high, he smashed the slig’s face, this shattering the vizor’s glass.
“GAH!” the slig screamed as blood dripped from his eyes.
“DIE YOU BASTICH!” Frank shouted as he made another blow to the slig’s chest.
“YOU ARSEHOLE!” the slig screamed as he lifted his gun and hit Frank with the hilt.
Frank fell backwards with a rifle nozzle to his face.
“Any last words pest?” The slig said as he wiped the blood off his ugly face.
Frank glimpsed past the slig and saw that same mudoken being beaten back at the factory with a thick stick raised high.Trying not to make his face give it off he said:
“Ya! DIE!”
The mudoken then smashed the slig in the back of the head, blood splattered everywhere and the slig fell over, dead.
“Thanks.” Frank said.
“Your welcome!” the mudoken replied.
“Now is no time for a little chit-chat!” Frank realized.
The two went back into battle killing off as many sligs as possible. A siren went off and a slig shouted: ”GET THE OTHERS!”. A group of Vykkers and Interns ran out of the factory being attacked by a swarm of fuzzles.
“Well so much for that!” Ted laughed as he took down another a slig majestically with his impressively crafted spear.
Scrabs and paramites were running into the forest because of the intensity of the battle. Scrubs were running out of the factory holding their weapons which were mops and brooms. Sligs were trying to retreat through the mudokens. Many sligs were trampled by the engaging mudokens and fuzzles. The remaining sligs were killed and the mudokens were victorious.
“Woah, that was intense!” Frank said still sweating.
“Ya it was! By the way my name is Paul.” The mudoken that saved Frank earlier.
“Well my name is Frank. Nice to meet you!” Frank exclaimed as he shook the others hand.
Something rustled in the bushes accompanied by the sound of metal clanking.
“What was that sound?” Ted asked raising his spear.
“Must be the wind Ted.” Another warrior said exhausted.
“It’d better be!” Ted replied to this unsatisfying answer.
The warriors returned carrying their dead comrades on a large wooden cart. Burials were arranged and made at the burials site north of the village. A party was arranged next month and Frank was to be the general of the mudoken army.

02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Wow very impressive, i can imagen this as a movie :P
keep this up!

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

02-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)

I will work on the next one in the future

02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

alrighty!

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025