06-17-2007, 02:56 AM
AE_rcks
Zappfly

: May 2007
: Spain
: 15
AE_rcks  (10)
Dead Oddworld won't create more videogames

If you expect that oddworld will be back to create new videogames, here are some new that may disappoint you.

Oddworld Inhabitants leaves the videogames by the cinema Lorne Lanning, its president therefore it announces it in an interview

The present tendency of the market is the one that takes to them to make this decision the president of Oddworld Inhabitants and creator of Oddworld, Lorne Lanning, has announced that the company will not create new videogames.

Oddworld Inhabitants has been the developer of one of the sagas in the history of the playful software that greater success and fame harvested during the past few years, and whose debut was in 1997 with Abe´s Oddysee (PS and PC). After this it would appear a year later, Abe´s Exoddus Munch´s Oddysee arrived in 2001 for Xbox, title that counted on the endorsement of Microsoft, but that did not respond to the expectations generated in relation to its level of sales. The last game that they have published has been the recent Stranger´s Wrath (Xbox) of the hand of Electronic Arts. All of them are counted with the approval of the specialized critic international and the players, given the enormous quality that they have.

Lorne Lanning: President of Oddworld Inhabitants, and creator of the Oddworld saga The closing of the section of videogames, so and as commented Lorne Lanning must to the present situation of the industry, the enormous costs that are necessary to create new projects, and the difficulty of being able to send to the market creative and innovating titles, because these contrast with the lines fixed by the great distributors, mentioning like example to Electronic Arts, its last one publisher. The first consequence of it is that they will look for reduced alliances with studies that are economic and budgets. Oddworld Inhabitants, whose study is in California and is formed by more than 60 employees, will dedicate to the development of drawings and films by computer for the cinematographic and televising industry, following the wake of Pixar (Toy Story, Monsters SA). They do not discard either the use of the license of Oddworld for some of its new creations.

In addition to its words the deception can be removed that supposed the little promotional support to him that it gave to Electronic Arts with his more recent launching them, Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, when not being able to carry the game to PlayStation 2 when already the original one for Xbox was developed, because of its high technical requirements. It turned out to him frustrating to see as the greatest publisher of the planet did not show interest to commercialize the game in spite of his immense quality and the innovator who was. By the way, who has proven it guarantees to you is one of the best games than we will find throughout year 2005, so and as it is reflected in the different publication analyses.

06-17-2007, 03:21 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Gee that sure is interesting. Too bad you're three years too late to provide us with that news.

06-17-2007, 08:45 AM
AE_rcks
Zappfly

: May 2007
: Spain
: 15
AE_rcks  (10)

oh, well. Mabye someone doesn't know yet, in any case, it's too bad that oddworld won't create more videogames, the ones what they made were incredible

06-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Lorne won't actually be making the games himself, but that doesn't mean their will be no more Oddworld games.
06-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

OWI still may go back to the video game business after Citizen Siege is made.