Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
OddjobAbe
National Treasure

: Feb 2007
: England
: 3,121
OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)
Drunk Abe's Oddysee Paramonia Help

I found a secret on part of Paramonia. I'm sorry, I'vew forgotten which part of Paramonia, but Abe is chased by a cartwheel from the right, then once he escapes the cartwheel, if you take him back to where the cartwheel came from and walk into the thing that once held the cartwheel, there's a secret room with two paramites and two mudokons. You only have one piece of meat to distract both the paramites with, and you have to get onto the same floor as them to free the mudokons, so how do I pull this one off? This is these are the only two mudokons that I have been unable to free because of this problem.

02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Maybe you could provide a screenshot if you're on the PC version? If not, have a look at Skillya's walkthrough, I found it very helpful!
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

If I know correctly, that secret has three Mudokons, not two. Anyway, the very thing to do is to grab a meat piece from the main area before getting into the secret. When you get the meat, go into the portal. When inside, walk a little to the right then quickly throw to the left. The three Paramites should be distracted. Quickly run-roll into the meat sack place on the next screen, and run jump onto the platform. Be sure all three Paramites have stopped eating in order to go on. Before doing anything else, say 'Hello' and 'Follow me'. Next, get and throw meat just to the platform's right and move with haste into the screen to the left. When you get there, stop before the Mudokon can't get into the bird portal easily. Start chanting and stop when the Mudokon is rescued. With haste, get into your bird portal. This should be done hastily. If you hear screeching before you leave or if the Paramites stop eating, you need to start again. If not, grab a meat in the main area and if you can, get a check point. Return to the secret and quickly throw the meat as soon as possible. After, move to into the next screen, and repeat what you last did. When you rescue the last Mudokon, rocks will fall down. Quickly get out without being smashed. And you are done! Hope this helps.

02-07-2007, 06:26 PM
aaj111
Thudslug

: Nov 2006
: Jackson, TN
: 181
aaj111  (10)

If I am not mistaken, Unless you're trying to save all muds, you shouldn't HAVE to do this part. =/

02-08-2007, 06:49 AM
OddjobAbe
National Treasure

: Feb 2007
: 3,121
OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)OddjobAbe  (5874)

:
If I am not mistaken, Unless you're trying to save all muds, you shouldn't HAVE to do this part. =/
I'm just trying to save all the Mudokons. I started a new game yessterday in attempt to do this, and I'm doing okay so far. I chose to enter Paramonia before Scrabania to see if I could do the secret using all the help I've gathered here. I'm almost up to that part, but I failed to get to it due to the urge to get onto the computer and browse the Oddworld and Quantum Leap forums.

02-08-2007, 03:30 PM
aaj111
Thudslug

: Nov 2006
: Jackson, TN
: 181
aaj111  (10)

Ah, Good Luck after Paramonia then. ^^

02-09-2007, 03:13 AM
Xx_Abe_xX
Boombat

: Jan 2007
: Wherever I damn well please!
: 200
Xx_Abe_xX  (16)

There's another way to complete this secret. Take a piece of meat with you into the secret. As soon as you're in, run-roll right into the next screen. Then say 'Hello' and 'Follow me' to one of the muds. Then throw your meat up at the wall. All three paramites will go into the room and start snacking. You will need to be brave for this. Run right off the ledge and run-roll back into the other room and tell the mud to wait. Then run-roll back into the other room. The paramites should still be eating. Get on the ledge and let them finish up. Then say 'Hello' and 'Follow me' to another mud. Then jump straight up and another piece of meat will fall. Then run off the ledge and back into the other room and tell the mud to wait. Go back to the other room, where the paramites will be finishing up. Say 'Hello' and 'Follow me to the last mud, jump staight up in the air, another piece of meat will fall, run roll back into the other room, chant, save all three muds at once, and jump through the portal. This is a non-faulty plan that works every time I try. And I hope you know that there is a ledge in the second room that you need to utilize in order to complete this task. Above that ledge is the meat sack.

Happy Birthday, Cunt.