11-25-2001, 10:02 PM
karmaleafbarer
Zappfly

: Nov 2001
: Lakewood, WA
: 6
karmaleafbarer  (10)
Akya's Artwork/Narration

Well, most of the drawings you'll see here go with the fanfic I'm currently working on so instead of explaining them, I'll post the story segment below each one it goes with.

The female mudokon shook helplessly, the gnarled wood wavering in her hands as the two males approached, their hands stretched outward in a show of peace.

"Calm down..." Abe said in a low, even voice, his eyes darting from the egg, to the stricken female, and lastly to the club of wood, not sure which he should be focusing his attention on most.

"I--I---" she faltered, looking as though she was going to pitch forward and faint for a moment as a bead of sweat trickled down her snout. She couldn't have birthed her egg more than five minutes ago and it was a miracle that she was still standing, really.

Abe cast a worried look at BigFace who was poised to move forward, not daring to do so just yet. Despite his mystic ties and deep bond with the spiritual world, he doubted that he'd be able to move faster than the mother who seemed bent on crushing her child.

"Its gonna be alright..." Abe continued, feeling as though he was reading off of cuecards as he took a step toward Akya.

"Leave me alone." she shot back, eyes wide and hunted. Abe noticed for the first time that large tears were streaking down her cheeks. "You don't understand. I can't--I WON'T let this monster loose on our people!"

"Monster?" Abe asked, daring to tear his eyes away from her to look at the egg again. To him, it looked like a fairly normal mudokon egg....oval in shape, tapered at the top, and a smooth shell. The only thing he could fault it for were the dark green splotches mottling it, but he hardly thought that an egg pattern was any way to judge a fellow mudokon. "Look...maybe...maybe we should just both sit down and you can explain..." he soothed, raising his foot to take another step forward. When Akya didn't flinch at his advance, he moved closer.

Her stance was no longer aggressive and she now held the branch at shoulder's height, trembling even worse. There was a sudden flurry of movement out of the corner of his eye as BigFace darted forward suddenly, like a snake striking, and seized the egg from where it laid in the underbrush. At that moment, Akya burst into helpless tears, sobs racking her emaciated frame.

Half to steady her, and half on his own impulse of pity, Abe closed the distance and supported her with his arms as she cried, wondering just what the small female had been put through to make her go to such extremes...he had seen a lot in his day as a mudokon crusader...suicides, homicides, but most of the enslaved muds had reverted to being more or less normal once they had been rescued from beneath the Glukkons' rule. This was the first time he had ever seen one of them hold such deep-seated aggression that it would drive them to the potential destruction of their own child.

"You don't know what you've done..." she sobbed against Abe's chest. "Neither of you. Its all over...its all--"

"Akya..." he said gently, trying to get her attention. When that didn't work, he drew her away from himself and gave her a light shake, waiting until her eyes had focused on him. "I dunno what you've been through...I don't even know what half the people I've rescued have been through. But its not our way to kill each other. Not eggs, not peers, nothing." He paused, waiting for her to compose herself a bit. "Can you explain?" he asked her after a moment.

She swallowed hard, trembling still with exhaustion and terror, but nodded......

Hee hee....cliffhanger. Sorry guys <=D
11-25-2001, 10:10 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Wow, excellent! Not only is your artwork superb, but your narrative is great! I wish I could write like that, heh. My stories always... lack something. Very very impressive! I want to see more.

11-25-2001, 10:52 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

oooo I want to see more! *drools with envy* Oh and don't apologize for the cliff hanger...to me every good writer does that to keep the suspense *grins*

Spider: suspense fer her characters to...*grumbles*

Oh hush...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

11-25-2001, 11:21 PM
cherie
Thudslug

: 155
cherie  (10)

sweet! great art and writeing! do you take art requests?

11-25-2001, 11:41 PM
karmaleafbarer
Zappfly

: Lakewood, WA
: 6
karmaleafbarer  (10)

sure, but only one per person at the moment cuz I'm a little backlogged with other stuff I need to do O_o; So pick out your favorite character and give me a description and what you want him/her/it doing

To the other artists, I love art trades if any of you are interested
11-26-2001, 07:13 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

That's smegging excellent! I really felt as though I was there, watching the scene unfold.

11-26-2001, 02:24 PM
cherie
Thudslug

: 155
cherie  (10)

thanks so much! heres my main fic char, ali profile. i was kinda too lazy to just type up just physical description so i copied alis profile i wrote before includeing stuff like age and all that.

Name: Ali (note: "Ali" means noble birth)

Species: Mudokon

Skin Color: Pink-Lavender

Feather Color: Purple and Pink

Eyes: Brown

Clothing, Jewelry, etc: Brown leather like top and shorts

Distinguishing Marks: Besides her pinkish hue and *ahem* breasts, none

Good Traits: She's smart, brave, determined, and a whole lot stronger and faster then she looks. A great crowd speaker and has great leadership skills. Very patient and gentle but will fly off the handle if pushed too far.

Faults: Everyone has their faults... and Ali is no exception. She is very stubborn, especially when it comes to excepting help. She's rather independent and would rather face her problems on her own. She also tends to jump without looking, so to speak, often landing her in trouble.

Friends: Zander, Munch, Cal, Jud, Abe, Luna, Slip, and Melissa. (Note: those last three chars will be in the second part of Cherie's series)

Past: Much of Ali's past is clouded in mystery. Ali herself doesn't remember the events before crystal mines and her fathers death.

Overall Personality: Outgoing, somewhat perky (but not in the annoying "perky happy" category) and willing to take on what ever comes her way. She may be understanding but be careful cause this gal has an attitude all her own. Beware of sarcasm!

Quote: "Yeah... and your point IS?"

11-26-2001, 02:34 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Akya... good at writing... drawing... need more... *sputter, cough*
11-26-2001, 08:00 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Wow! That's great! I usually shy away from fics that have established OW characters in them [they never usually do them justice] but this is excellent! And the drawings... Well, they're just magnificent! *shudders at his own lack of either drawing talent or a scanner*

Keep it up! And while I'm here, I may as well advertise my own fics... I have two, one called 'Undercover Operations' [which is still unfinished, and not very good, in my opinion], and another called 'Fragments' [which is finished, and much better than UO]...

Anyway, Ad over. See ya!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

11-27-2001, 06:14 AM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

W W! Your drawings are so COOL! And the fic is awesome! I know I don't usually read fics, but yours rocks! I think you will be a great member of the forums. And whatever you do, don't leave. [not that you was going to ]

11-27-2001, 10:24 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

:
Originally posted by akya_mudokon:
To the other artists, I love art trades if any of you are interested
Ooh, art trade! *waves arm* I'M IN!! But... what to draw... hm... (Although we do have the Art Exchange going, even though it appears a wee bit dead... oh well.)

*thinks about, uhm... "plugging" Dan for plugging where he shouldn't...*

Heh, not much more to say, so ditto on the above, methinks...

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Teal ]

12-01-2001, 11:04 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

I like the idea of integrating pics with fics, I haven't seen any fics/pics presented in this way before. Some pics have little discriptions, but not quite as long as this.
You revolutionary, you!

:
Originally posted by Rettick:
Wow! That's great! I usually shy away from fics that have established OW characters in them [they never usually do them justice] but this is excellent! And the drawings... Well, they're just magnificent! *shudders at his own lack of either drawing talent or a scanner*
Ditto.

Since you plugged your fic, I may as well plug mine. *thinks* Hmm, I've never written a fic, damn - no shameless plugging for me then. Maybe after a while in the RP i might write a back-story for Trey...hmm.
12-01-2001, 06:52 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Rach and Abby illustrate their fics quite a bit, they just don't post the pics with the fics...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-02-2001, 02:25 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

cooooool story. i like the idea of ahving pictures along with it. keep up the good work.