Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

The one moment she savored the most was seeing the Master Chief's face. It would always be burned on her memory. Then, that final moment, while she dangled out in space, she was caught with the force pull of the explosion. Halo, the final one, had finally been destroyed, but bringing along Umi with it. Then, she felt the suction of the invisible black hole, sucking her in to infinate space. The worst thing she thought was where would it take her, and how far from Earth? Then, she couldn't breathe, and slowly drifted in space, until her skin tingled and burned. That was all in her memory, along with her new-found friends on Earth and in space. She didn't move an inch from what posture she was in when she became conscious. Murmered whispers from all around her could be heard. She opened one eye, to see pairs of olive green eyes looking down at her face.
"Huh?"
She opened the other eye, and shot straight up. The things around her backed away when she popped up. Little chicken-like folk were surrounding her every side. She was scared, really, but she thought if she excited the little things, they may do something horrible. But they looked of no harm.
"What the hell are you supposed to be?"
Umi looked at all of them. None replied to her, until a feminemly-looking chicken stooped up.
"We're the Clakkers here in Gizzard Gulch!" she replied with a westerny accent and a whiny voice.
"Clakkers," Umi repeated.
"What are you?" a male Clakker asked.
"Never seen a human before?" Umi replied to them.
"Hu-man? What's a hu-man?" The others clamored as well.
"Ok, forget that. Can someone tell me where I am?" Umi asked.
"Yer in Gizzard Gulch, hu-man," the female Clakker said back.
"I know that. What am I on right now?" Umi asked again, with some irritability.
"Um...grass?"
"No! What planet! What planet am I on?" Umi slammed her fist on the dirt.
"Oh! You could've been more specific! Why, you're on Oddworld," the other male Clakker replied.
Umi turned to the Clakker, her eyes blinking in disbelief.
"What? Wha-was it somethin' I said?"
"What did you say I was on?" Umi repeated with more intense anger in her voice.
"Um...Oddworld?" the Clakker replied with nervousness in his throat.
Her face drooped down when the Clakker replied.
"Now what did I say?" the Clakker shrugged to the others.
"Now, now. Give the hu-man some time. She's probably been through a lot. Maybe not like us..." the female said.
"What!?" Umi shouted, as she jumped up. The Clakkers jumped away from Umi.
"Whoa, now! Settle down thar, hu-man! We don't want no trouble!" the male cautioned.
"I think it would've been better if we didn't tell her!" the female said with a little regret in her voice.
"I think I messed my boxers, LuAnne,"
"I'm on some different planet, in some different system, billions of miles away from Earth!? This is-this is just crazy!" she cried, clenching tufts of her golden-blonde hair.
"Uh, isn't that what we just said?" the male Clakker spoke.
"Does it look like she cares right now?" the female glanced at the male.
Umi didn't make any comments to the three Clakkers. Instead, she ran. Out of the fields, and in to town, in the middle of a dusty dirt road, leading only left or right. She didn't care what route she took, but just to escape from everything the Clakkers had told her in the fields. But, as rocky as the path can be, her shoe got stuck in one, and tumbled on to the dust road. The Clakkers in town ran over to the fallen human, with more curiousness in their minds than to come to her aid. But they stopped, dead in their tracks, when they were inches away from her feet. A shadowy right in front of Umi's fallen body, approached the townsfolk. The Clakkers clucked in fear.
"My lord. It's Stranger," one quivered in fear.
As the stranger got closer to Umi, she could hear the rattling of it's boots, getting closer and closer. She lifted her head, only to see a set of two rightly shining green eyes, looking down at her. Before she was fully knocked out, she could see the stranger's head cocking to one side, looking at her in confusion, but somewhat interest. Umi's vision impaired, and she fell unconscious.
The stranger's lips curled in to a smile, bent down to pick Umi off the street, walked the way he came from The Clakkers behind whispered feafully in a group.
"Mercy on her. Have mercy on her," a female said, her voice quivering heavily.
The rest of the Clakkers said also in agreement, watching the stranger's shadow walk away with the human.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 01-07-2006 at 12:55 PM..
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Wired YAY!

Dark dude, it's good, you just need to paragraph it, like everytime someone new talks and spell-check it, makes it easier to read, but other then that it's good, I like it.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 05:36 AM..
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah. Sorry. My mom kinda rushed me to go, so I edited the rest of the ending on there. Anyways, yeah. Thanks, diablo!

ENCOUNTER, MEMORIES, MEETINGS
Umi meets the stranger.

Pain ran through her body as if someone chucked a large boulder right on her body. Maybe because she just crash-landed on Oddworld, skin with no protection. She was opening her eyes, only to see darkness with a red-orange glow to the roof. She was laying on a flat stone bed, which made her have more uncomfortable pain rush through her. Umi felt as if she was laying in the pit of hell, for the fiery glow and the much uncomfortable heat made it feel like she was. She groaned, as she raised an arm to rub her itching eyes that bothered her the moment she opened them. She heard a heavy sigh from the left side of her face. She froze immediately, the jerked her head to the sound. Her eyes widened, as she sat up and screamed bloody murder. She saw the stranger that had kidnapped her.
The stranger had the kind of hairy face you would see on a monkey or ape. He also had a beard and a hairy head of light brown and tan-colored hair. He had muscularate arms and large forearms with five large fingers and long sharp nails. He wore a jade-green tank-top, and tan tights. On his feet were large cowboy boots that looked from an old spaghetti western film. He was staring at her, with a grin of interest on his lips. His eyes were more luminous bright green than the last time she saw them.
But Umi bundled up her legs in her arms, still looking at the stranger. She could see that he was of no harm, but last time she learned that was when she thought the Decepticons were no enemies.
The stranger, still looking at her distilled fear, leaned back, still with a grin on his face. She couldn't stand the utter silence no more, so she decided to interrogate the stranger.
"W-who are you?" Umi began to ask.
The stranger's grin turned in to more of a slight smile, with stained teeth baring.
"'Bout time you wake," he replied with a voice so low and timbre, it was nearly ominous to Umi, which made her more fearful.
The stranger stood up, and walked over to the fire, and began to feed it wood.
Umi began to relax more, lowering her bundled legs over the edge of the stone bed. She looked at the stranger from the back of his head, wondering if he would do anything to harm her. She got back to her question the stranger didn't answer.
"Who are you?"
"People 'round these parts call me Stranger," he replied, tossing in the last bits of wood in to the growing fire, then turned around, and sat on a flat stone in front of Umi.
"but my question is, who are you?"
Umi's throat tightened, but swallowed so she could speak clearly.
"Tamira-Tamira Maria Wialls," she said with raspness in her voice,
"but call me Umi,"
Stranger nodded to her reply, then searched for other questions he was dying to ask.
"So...yer a human, ey? Where yeh from?" he asked.
'Curious person,' Umi thought.
"Well, I can say I'm from nowhere around here," Umi replied her bit of answer. Stranger still looked at her eyes directly, waiting for more. She searched for the right answer,
"I'm from Earth, but really I'm from this other place in space. It would be kinda hard to explain,"
"Earth? Hmm...never heard such a place," Stranger rubbed his beard in a thinking sort of way.
"I can say, since out of my consciousness, this place is but another copy of Earth," Umi looked out the cave entrance.
The sunset's golden-orange glow shone off the cave walls. Birds flocked in front of the golden sun, and wolf howls echoed off the sun-burnt trees. Umi still looked out the cave, her lips curving down in to a frown. Stranger looked back to Umi, but his lips curled down as well when he saw her.
"What's wrong?" he asked in a concerned way.
A tear was forming in the corner of her eye. She snuffled, wiping away the tear.
"Nothing, nothing. Just feeling a little...homesick," Umi looked away from the cave spout.
But Stranger could sense more that just homesickness, but he dared not to ask more to upset the human more than she was now. He searched his mind again for something else to ask, but he wasn't much on his conversational skills.
"Nice bow you got there," Umi spoke, looking at a folded-up bow in a corner, with a triangular leather-armored poncho and a broad hat with darts ringed around the head and two holes in the back.
Stranger looked back at the bow, the back to Umi with another grin on his face. He went back to his stuff, and brought back the bow.
"This is a...semi-automatic, custom-made, high tension bow, with optional sniper/snooper scope, and twin barrels," Stranger unfolded the bow to show her.
Umi's eyes widened as she looked down at the bow with much interest. Then her eyes relaxed, and looked back up at Stranger with confusion.
"So...what exactly do you use for ammo?" she asked.
He reached down on his leather belt on his tights, and brought up a pouch that seemed to come to life. Umi's head backed away from the pouch, thinking something that would jump out of the pouch. He opened the sack, and little critters jumped out of the opening. The critters scattered around Umi's bed, but looking at her with interest. One little critter, with light brown fur and adorible red eyes, jumped on her lap. It looked up at her, in to her ocean-blue eyes. Umi didn't make any sudden movements. She just looked at the critter.
"Stranger. What is it?" she asked over to him, not moving her eyes away from it. Stranger looked down at the creature.
"That's a Fuzzle. Nasty lil' varmins, but good fer traps. Don't move, just let it sniff yeh out," Stranger said with a bit of caution in his voice.
Umi still didn't move an inch from her pose. The Fuzzle then began to sniff out Umi's clothes, moving over to her arms. Then, leaped up on her chest, and then sniffed on her face. The Fuzzle looked at her nearly in an ominous way, but then rubbed itself friendly-like over her face.
"It likes yeh already,"
Umi let the Fuzzle jump in to the palms of her hands. She saw a couple of things fly over her head. One that looked of a purple armadillo, and a yellow wasp.
"Thud Slugs, good fer knocking out Outlaws. Stingbees, they fire's fast," Stranger caught the bugs in mid-air.
"Boom-bats. They blow up," he also caught the critter that had black fur, spikes on it's bottom, and wings on it's head.
Two little rat-looking critters moved near Umi. One smelled bad, and one kept chattering at other creatures nearby.
"A Stunk," he picked up a black rat, with a white stripe running down from it's nose all the way to it's tail. "make them Outlaws, puke. There's a Chippunk," he snatched up the chattering critter, that had tan-colored fur with also a white stripe running down from it's nose to it's tail.
Then, a spider crawled up Umi's leg. She looked at the giant blue spider, then began to whimper, holding her arms away from it. Stranger looked at Umi's face, then chuckled to himself. "Take's it yer not a spider person, huh?" Stranger plucked off the spider from her leg. Umi shook her head, still looking at the giant spider. "Bolamites. Good fer wrappin' up, Outlaws," he dropped the Bolamite in to the sack again.
"Wait a second. You keep on saying Outlaws. Are you...a bounty hunter or something?" Umi asked, raising her brow up high.
"Yup," he replied deeply, returning his bow and sack to the rest of his stuff, and sitting back down.
"Really? Wow! Never met a bounty hunter before! Is it hard being a bounty hunter?" Umi asked with great interest.
"Sorta. Got's teh, get them down before you can, bounty 'em up. Get 'em alive, and you get more moolah. Get's 'em dead, an' you get less," Stranger explained.
She slightly chuckled to herself. Stranger looked at her in a confusingly way.
"What's so funny?"
"The thought of you, using live ammunation, just to take down Outlaws," Umi smiled, trying to stop from laughing.
"Purdy damn good, if I say so myself," Stranger opinionated.
Umi calmed down slowly, breathing deep from her laughingfest.
"I had weapons of my own. But they got lost when I crash-landed here. I wish I knew where they were," Umi slumped down, her pamls on her cheeks, and her elbows on her knees.
"You mean these things?"
Stranger reached from his left pouch, and brought up her Plasma Rifle and Needler.
"Hey! How'd you find these?" Umi snatched them away from his hands.
"Found them in the Oppal fields near town. Reckon nobody would have 'em, so I took them. Eh...never liked guns anyways," Stranger said.
Umi felt a little better with defensive weapons in her grasp.
"Well'p, reckon it's time fer us to hit the hay. We be needed to be fully rested fer tomorrow," Stranger said, slipping off his seat.
"Tomorrow?" Umi repeated in a questionly way.
"Yep. We're goin' bounty huntin' tomorreh," Stranger layed on the ground. Umi felt a little sorry he had the dust and she had a bed.
"Take my bed if you want,"
"Nah. I'm fine. Too uncomfy fer me," Stranger shook his hand to her.
Umi layed flat on her belly, hoping some comfort of the stone bed would come to her.
"Well, it was nice, talkin' to yeh," Stranger said to her over his shoulder.
Umi mumbled to him, for she was ready to go to sleep. She unwrapped herself from her demin vest, and folded it in to a fashion, like a pillow, and layed her head on it. When her head got comfortable, she rested her eyes, still looking at the stranger who "kidnapped" her.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 01-07-2006 at 01:03 PM..
08-06-2005, 11:03 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Happy Yeah, Perfect!

That's perfect now Dark! Easier to read. So now you got a great plot and paragraphing, you're all set! Hope to read the next bit soon!

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 05:38 AM..
08-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah. Unfortunetely, when I told yeh 'bout the two Oddworld stories, well, this is the one I'm restarting. So, it'll be a while before the next part comes up. The story before wasn't too good, so now this one'll be better. Be patient, and stay odd! And keep yer story comin', diablo!

[Edit] Oh, and if you want to see Umi, the attatchment's below.

Well, I can give you a little bit that I've finished already, but the rest'll be a while.

SHORTLY THEREAFTER, A STRANGER ARRIVES IN TOWN...

During the night, she had tumbled off of her stone bed, having one of those "falling" dreams. Very common to her when she went to sleep on a bed.
Umi snapped awake when she slammed on the ground, wide-eyed and shocked. Then, she realized what happened, and groaned. Stranger was sound asleep, not even bothered at her droppin and groaning.
'Maybe it's better if I sleep on the ground...' she thought, crawling towards Stranger's back.
She still felt a tad bit sorry that he still had to sleep on the rocky, dirty, filthy ground.
So, she folded her vest again, in a pillow fashion, then lifted his heavy head, and slipped the vest underneath. Then, lowered his head gently on to the vest, stoking his hair from his face. He sighed heavily, and rubbed his face over her vest, but didn't wake as if something happened. But he seemed to more enjoy the vest under his head. She smiled at his sound-sleep action, then layed on her back, her hands under her head.
Now, she was thinking way back on Earth, when she was just a regular person, with no odd powers, playing with her real, normal friends. But since she thought back, the memories tied with Earth came to view. The battles between the Autobots and Decepticons.
Then, the frightful day of the transmission from the Covenant. The Master Chief, Halo, and it's terrible power. Every single event that happened through her life turned up in her mind.
Then, the Clakkers, and Stranger.
What would happen next in her young, reckless, hapless life? She wondered the same thing, too.
Years has passed on when she kept asking herself, "When will things be normal again?" and everytime she thought of that, some terrible event would come to mind.
Now she was beginning to quit asking herself that question, for nothing would be normal to her again.
She fell asleep again, with that thought in mind

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 02-08-2006 at 11:25 AM..
08-07-2005, 07:48 AM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Nice, I like the imagery you use and the character development. Kinda reminds me of Inuyasha. I can't ait till version 2!

08-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah, I'm workin' on the first Outlaw, and I'm nearly done. I worked on my story ever since 2 last night. I was wired last night, wasn't on sugar or caffein. I was WIDE awake.

My main page ^^

08-07-2005, 11:41 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Awwwwww

Awwwwww, how cute, Stranger has a friend! As I say, awww.

Have you ever heard of a term in writing known as 'fluff'? Well this is definitely fluff, don't worry, fluff's a good thing!

(I bet Bailey would have never dared do somat like that, Stranger would have prolly 'ave stangled 'er... )

08-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Well, Bailey would have to do it while he was asleep 'r somethin', or he wouldn't strangle her. (Maybe...) Yeah. Umi learns that he could be trusted, so she just wanted to be nice in return. Yeah, I would call that, 'fluffiness'

My main page ^^

08-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I'm almost done with one part, but I'm running out of paper, so it'd be a while for another part. Sorry.

My main page ^^

08-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

In this case you could have edited, I meant you can double post when adding new material, and chapters , not when you're just saying how you're getting on with it. But if you add the next chapter to this post then I guess it's OK. So I suggest you don't reply to this but edit your newest post to add in the new chapter.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

08-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

That was actually an accident...didn't mean to double post...I was being blonde again...

My main page ^^

08-09-2005, 08:07 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Dead *whines* Hurry Up

Oh c'mon Dark I want the next chapter already! Look what you've reduced me too.

*drops onto knees begging* Pleeeeeeeease update! Pleeeeease!

And I'm reduced to pacing too...

08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I'm workin' on it right now, Lobo. It's gonna take a while, 'cause it's a long chapter. I even didn't finish it on paper, but I'm willing to get down the whole part without the help of my paper story. Don't worry, it's comin'.

My main page ^^

08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

SHORTLY THEREAFTER, A STRANGER ARRIVES IN TOWN. (cont.)

Sunlight filtered in to the cave, and shining off her eyelids. She was awake, but she didn't want to wake up. She was still exhausted from yesterday and last night. But when the light hits her eyes, her brain is telling her to wake up and smell the coffee.
So, other than playing sleeping, she opened her eyes. She was very groagy and weak, but she got up without a sweat. Her vest was over her shoulders, and Stranger was gone, out of the cave.
The fire was still crackling with small embers glowing, like fireflies dancing. She pushed her vest off her shoulders, smacking her lips so her lips would moisten. She saw that Stranger's stuff from the corner was gone.
'Probably left me behind...' Umi thought, reaching in her vest pocket, and grabbed a small comb.
She was brushing all the knots out in her hair, when crunching of leaves and rattling boots came in to the cave.
"Good teh, see yeh up. 'Bout to wake you up, myself," Stranger looked down in to her groagy eyes.
His hat and leather poncho was on him, lookng ready to leave.
Umi stuffed her comb in to her breat pocket, swung on her vest, strapped on her Needler and Plasma Rifle on her belt, and looked around if she had forgotten anything.
"Looks like you din't sleep well, las' night," Stranger spoke, hoping Umi would make some smart-ass comment with a glare.
Umi only groaned, and walked passed him out of the cave. She knelt by a small rivene in front of the cave. She took a cupped handful of water, and splashed it all over her face. The cool tingle of the water got her nerves and senses open. She took a small drink to moisten her throat, and walked back to Stranger, fully restored.
"Better?"
Umi looked up to his face.
"Mhm," she slightly groaned, wiping off the excess water of her cheeks.
"Les' head on down to town, check to see if Doc's in," Stranger began to walk down the rocky path.
"Doc?" Umi raised a brow, walking up to him.
Stranger didn't reply to her repitition question, just kept walking towards Gizzard Gulch. They didn't say anything to each other halfway down the path.
Umi was looking at the fields of tall grass, swaying seldomly in the heated winds. The sun was peaking over the hills, miles away from their point. Gizzard Gulch was looking like a ghost town. There was no one moving outside, not even a tumble weed draging along the dusty path. Maybe because none of the Clakkers were awake yet.
"So, uh...what are we doing today?" Umi asked, hoping somewhat of a conversation would stir up.
"Well...first, I got's to go to the Local jail. Throw Blisterz Booty in to jail," Stranger replied.
"Blisterz...Booty?"
"Yeah. Bad-ass Outlaw, huntin' near the Mongo Wilds," Stranger said,
"then check if the, Doc's in his office," Stranger continued his agenda.
"You have to go to see a doctor? But why-"
"Then check out the Bounty store," Stranger interrupted purposely.
Umi gave an irritated sigh. She knew he had something to hide, since he wouldn't answer her. But it might've been personal, so she didn't ask again for the rest of the way down to town
The sun was over the peaks when Stranger and Umi arrived in Gizzard Gulch. Clakkers began to creep out of their homes, one by one, waddling around the streets.
Their first stop was the Local jail, "Where we recooperate bad eggs!" was their motto.
Stranger deliberately threw Blisterz Booty, a mad hunter with an ugly face, in to his appropriate home: An ironed-bared cage. The jail keeper, General Buzzhead, stamped Blisterz Booty's wanted poster that Stranger kept.
"Eh, nice goin', Stranger. Now go get yer moolah down at the Bounty store, ey? Yeah," Buzzhead told Stranger, slipping back the poster on the counter to Stranger.
As they were leaving, they could hear Booty begging to let him out. He also threatened of his brother that was coming to town to rummage the place so he'd free him.
Umi rolled her eyes to the Outlaw's pity threat.
Next, they walked up to a small shack connected to two smaller houses, with a small sign with a note on it:
WENT TO LUNCH. BE BACK IN 5 MINUTES, YA IMPATIENT PECKER!
Stranger sighed when he diverted his eyes from the sign.
"He ain't in," he said to Umi.
"Let's hit the Bounty store, until he get's back in," he said, walking away from the office.
The Bounty store was right across from the Doc's office. It was pretty noticeable from the orange sign, the words blinking in lights, "Bounty store". Stranger shoved aside the swinging doors, leaving enough space to let Umi squeeze through. The sunlight shone on one lone Clakker, then cut off when the doors shutted.
The clerk looked at Stranger from the corner of it's eyes, then turned to the counter.
"Oh! Welcome to the Bounty store, Stranger!"
"We got some bounties fer you! Come take a look!" the clerk beckoned.
"Yeah, I will. I need's teh, know when Doc get's back in. Need's him to, fix a problem," Stranger said, scratching his leg.
"Well, Doc say's he'll be back soon to check on yeh. But in the meantime, come take a look at my bounty list," the clerk told.
Stranger and Umi walked to the counter. He leaned on the counter, as the clerk brought up one poster. He slapped it on the counter, and slipped it to Stranger's arm.
"Filthy-hands Floyd is up fer takes. He's up near them Wagon trains, harrassing the locals. He say's he hasn't gotten serious yet, to stop those trains from coming to town," the clerk explained the mission.
Stranger picked up the poster, looking over it.
Floyd was one ugly-son-of-a-gun, holding what looked like a grenade launcher. He was going to be a tough one, not like the other bounties he'd already captured.
"I'll take it,"
"Very well! Head out the west gate to Dead Hen's Pass. He'll be up there," the clerk said.
"oh, and it's a pleasure seein' you here, hu-man," the clerk looked over Stranger's arm.
She slightly blushed, diverting the clerk's stare. She and Stranger turned to leave the store.
"G'luck, you two!" the clerk waved good-bye, hoping to see them back in one piece with the Outlaw.
Stranger and Umi wandered away from the Bounty store, heading down from Doc's office, and down the road that led them to west gate to Dead Hen's Pass. A Clakker saw them pass by it with challenging grins. It nodded hopefully to them, then turned up to the Clakker above the West gate.
"Hey, Charlie! Open that thar gate, so Stranger here can bag us more of them scumbag outlaws!"
"Uh, ok," Charlie, the gatekeeper shrugged, and walked back in to his office. The metallic gate opened with a screechy stop. A Clakker behind the gate walked up to them with a smile on it's beak.
"Yee-haw! Clean 'em up thar, Stranger!" the Clakker said gleefully. "As a token of my appreciation, here's some ammo! Yer gonna need's it!" the Clakker gave him a sack that was crawling all around.
Stranger unbuttoned the sack, and gazed inside. He looked back down at the Clakker with a smile on his face.
"Thank yeh kindly," Stanger tipped his hat respectfully to the Clakker.
"Not a problem! Now, go git 'em! And it's nice seein' yeh, hu-man!" the Clakker nodded to Umi.
"Seem's as if you got fans 'round here, Umi," Stranger looked down at Umi. She seemed to notice, as she was looking behind her, and seein a crowd of Clakkers, whispering to one another. But she didn't have the type of look Stranger was hoping. She had more of a scared face on, only looking at the Clakkers with fearful eyes. She was so scared, she was reaching out for Stranger's arm.
'Huh. We's got's a shy one,' Stranger thought, looking at her with concern.
"Close the gate,"
The Clakker didn't say a word, just waddled inside his office, and activated the lock for the gate. The gates shut upon the Clakkers gibbering happily about the human with the Bounty hunter.
"Well, we won't be able to let you back in until you capture all them Outlaws. Sorry," Charlie walked out.
Stranger the gazed back down to Umi, who was slowly relaxing herself.
"Let's be goin'," Stranger said, walking from the west gate.
In front of them was another open gate, leading down a long tunnel that shot out to another route sliding right. Stranger was the impatient type when it came to bounty hunting, so he started to run.
Umi followed behind, but she stopped when she yelled out in pain, kneeling on the path, and holding her leg.
Stranger skidded to a halt, and turned to Umi.
"What's wrong now?" Stranger asked with more impatients.
"My...leg," Umi groaned. "it...it hurts when I run,"
Stranger had a mind to just leave her behind, but he stopped himself from that thought.
"Must be cramps," he said quickly, lending a hand to help up.
"No. It isn't. It was when I tried activating my implant," she took his hand, and pulled herself up.
"Implant?"
"Yeah. But it's a long story," she said,
"but ever since I crash-landed here, my extremities been feeling weak. But I could be wrong..." Umi trailed off.
She letted go of Stranger's hand, and stood out in the middle of the road. She had a face of confidence on, putting a knee on the soft, musty dirt. She began to run, dust kicking up under her heavy footsteps. After a few meters, she tried activating her implant on her neck. But when she did, she felt something worse than regular.
She felt a sharp sting of pain run through her neck, then straight down to her legs. She yelped sharply, and tripped off the pain right in to the dust. She mumbled some curses, then lifted her head up.
Stranger ran to her side with a grin of concern.
"It must be the signal from Earth! The signal must be cut off since I'm so far away!" Umi cried, spitting out dirt from her mouth.
Stranger couldn't stand the stalling no more. His patients was really thin now.
He picked Umi up under her arms, and slung her over his shoulder. He ran down the tunnel, while Umi clung to his shoulder. He jumped out of the end of the tunnel, turning sharply to the right. The path kept forward with cliffs acting as a barrier out to the real world beyond. A small bend led them to a small stock of long reed, and two ugly-looking creatures, standing under a gigantic boulder, held up by a crane.
Both kept quiet, Stranger staring intently at the minions ahead. Umi tugged at his arm gently.
"Stranger, what are they?" Umi pointed at the known creatures.
"Those 'r minions. The slave tools of Outlaws," Stranger replied.
The minions looked of a lizard and ugliness mixed together and produced horrible effects. They had somewhat narrow faced, with a long large mandible reaching to it's eyes. The minions wore a tattered navy-blue shirt over it's humpback, and torn olive-green shorts. Both minions looked alike and sounded alike, as they mumbled bored words.
'Must be a fashion statement,' Umi giggled.
Stranger looked over to the crane, seeing the pilot's seat open. Stranger, who had a cocky grin on his face, snuck out of his hiding reeds, and hid behind a large rock near the crane. The minions didn't notice him nor Umi, so he continued his operation. He ran to the controls of the crane, then began to scratch his head.
"Which one releases the rock?" Stranger whispered, looking at all the buttons and switches.
Umi jumped in with him, looking as well.
"Could be this one,"
Stranger looked at a lever with a red button on it.
"No! It's this one!" Umi clenched another lever, but with a handle on it's side.
"How d'you know?" Stranger asked with curiousness.
"I've seen it on T.V. Usually, the levers with another handle releases things. You just pull back on the lever-" Umi tugged the lever. "-then pull the handle," she squeezed the metal handle.
Then, a click sound from the neck of the crane alerted the minions. But the claw of the crane hissed, and released the 10-ton chunk of hardness and heaviness, right on to the minion's skulls, along with a blood-curdling scream and grostique crunching noises.
"-and voila! Minion pancakes," Umi jumped out of the cockpit of the crane. Stranger's lip curved up, nodding as well.
"Not bad," Stranger said, quite impressed.
"Heh. And adults think kids don't learn anything from television," Umi chuckled.
"It was stupid of them standing under a rock that heavy anyways,"
Stranger nodded in agreement.
"C'mon. Those wagon trains are close-by. This is the route they usually take to get to town," Stranger began to run.
Umi, who was trying her best to stay up with him, ran as well.
Stranger looked over his shoulder, grunted and rolled his eyes. He then sharply turned back around, but this time he was running this time. He jumped down on his hands, and now was sprinting on all his four limbs.
Umi saw him coming right for her, but she couldn't believe what he was doing. But before she could think twice, Stranger practically tackled her, and had her driven over his shoulder, the force of speed keeping her on his shoulder. He clawed in to the ground, skidding and turning around harshly, which made Umi's gut tuck in to his shoulder blade. They turned over a right bend, where an abandoned warehouse was on their left, with little Bolamite spiders crawing on the ground. Right across from the mill was a charred house, still standing from its roots. Ahead of them was another gate mysteriously open. Stranger figured that the minions used them to plan their next attack on the wagon trains. Stranger headed through the open gate. Right when they hit the top, Stranger scooched in to the reed, keeping low, and staring at the minions ahead.
These were different type of minions. This one had a red tattered shirt with green shorts, and on their knuckles were iron shredders. Instead of their skin being pale green, and having large mandibles, they had red-orange skin with a small jaw, and a set of four sharp teeth. Each minion stood around the rocky archway with dynamite boxes in front of one. Dynamite was shoved in each side of the arch, and the fuse fed directly to the fuse box.
"We're all set! I hear the trains coming!"
"Good! 'Cause here they come! Get in to positions!" the head minion shouted to his other comrads.
Two other minions scattered away, hearing the rickety motors getting closer to the arch way.
"Hold it! Hold it...hold it...hold it..." the head minion said to himself loudly.
His eyes flashed devilishly.
"NOW!" he had shouted.
They slammed down on the fuse box's handle. The fuse box released a spark, traveling quickly up to the dynamite wedged between the rocks. When the spark touched the inside of the sticks, they rumbled of a large explosion. Rocks tumbled from each side, thus creating a barrier so the wagon trains couldn't get through.
The other minions unplugged their ears, jeering and cheering at the helpless Wagon trains.
"DAMN!" one cackled loudly.
"Ok! Guard the area! Make sure no one get's to these trains!" the head minion ordered.
The minions began to trot around, while Stranger formulated an easy plan. He unlocked his bow, reached in to his ammo pocket, and brought up one Chippunk and a Bolamite.
"'Ey, stinky. Les' do this, huh?" the Chippunk said like one of the chipmunks off the Alvin and the chipmunks show Umi used to watch, but with a more New Yorkian accent.
He placed both critters on their own barrel.
"Ooo, nice crossbow. Real comfy," the Chippunk spoke again.
The voice of it was already annoying to Umi.
Stranger aimed carefully at how close he wanted the minion to be to them so he could wrap the the outlaw with the Bolamite's webbing.
"Whoo-ee, your breath is killin' me, brotha!" the Chippunk rudely insulted. Stranger grinned deviously at the Chippunk. He couldn't wait to get rid of the rodent. He released it a few inches away from his boots, then began it's normal job: Annoying the hell out of one minion.
The head minion looked at the Chippunk deviously at first, then walked on ignoring it. When the Chippunk didn't seem to stop, the minion growled irritatingly. But when he seemed to continue ignoring the Chippunk, he threw down his shredders, stomping up to the Chippunk.
"Shut yer mouth, ya little rat!" the minion glared at the Chippunk.
When no reaction happened to the lewding Chippunk, he then began to lift his foot up, and trample the poor thing.
When the Chippunk failed to evade the minion, it ran back in to the reeds, and burrowed underground.
"Yer skanky-ass won't get me now, ya midget!" the Chippunk cursed, and dug further underground.
The Shredder snarled, then laughed to himself that it was rid of. He stopped chuckling when the reed tops began to shake. The minion spun back around quickly, and eyed the reeds carefully, taking a step closer. He stuck the tip of its nose inside the reeds, sniffed rapidly, then brought back out his nuzzle.
"Wait. That what don't reeds smell like-"
But as it came from a slingshot, a Bolamite spider was flung to the minion's face. Sticky webbing clung to his forehead, and the Bolamite swung viciously around the minion's head, arms, and legs. Then, he was knocked down when the Bolamite jumped off his head.
The minion then struggled through the thick strong webbing, grunting with total effort to free itself. The reeds shuffled again in front of him the same way he saw it before. The minion lifted his head as high as he could go, watching someone, or something emerge from the reeds.
Stranger saw the frightened outlaw, muffling it's screams and trying it's best to free itself from his trap. Stranger picked up the head minion by the legs, and dragged him in to the reeds. All was left was the despirate cries of the minion.
"Boss?" one of the other Shredder minions called. It heard the faint muffles of its boss cry. When no answer came, both Shredders stopped their patrolling.
"Boss?" they both called his name.
They both looked around, peeking over every rock and every bush. Then, they looked at the reeds in suspicion. It inched closer to it, sniffing the air rapidly.
"C'mon. He might be in there," one minion began to walk in cautious steps.
"No way! It might be a trick boss's playin' on us!"
"Aww, forget you then!" he said, sneering over his shoulder.
He still continued tip-toeing up to the reeds, his shredder knuckle in front of him defensively. When he got to the head of the reeds, he stopped, and peered through them.
"Too thick,"
The Shredder then began to cut down the reeds two by two, until he heard a muffled ouch! and a trickle of blood going down his blade.
The minion looked away from the blade, and growled.
"We've got company, Stud! Get over here!"
Umi tried to cover the wound the Shredder caused. Blood tricked from under her hand.
"Damn! Here they come" Stranger shot a glance through the cut reeds.
"Sorry,"
Stranger looked down at her, with no tension on his face or in his eyes. But what was done, was done.
He locked his bow with Fuzzles, and released them first in front of them for some defense. Then, Thud slugs, so he could knock the living crap out of the two minions.
The Fuzzles growled ominously at Stranger, baring pearl-white teeth and evil red eyes. The malicious Fuzzle the waited for the enemy to stoop right on to it and it's followers, and get a nice chomp out of their flesh.
Stud and his pal approached close to the reeds. They definately knew something was up, and they wanted to kill it. Stud held back with his friend, then held up their Shredders. Both gave each other reassuring nods, then looked back to the reeds.
"Yaaah!" Stud screamed, as he jumped straight in to the reeds, and in to his own death.
The Fuzzles felt him trample right on to them nearly, then leaped on, and attatched themselves to poor Stud.
He, who was flailing around, screaming like he was on fire, ran over to his friend, who kept yelling,
"Get them off, Mush! Get, them, OFF!"
And as the other minion tried to help Stud, he was also affected by the nipping Fuzzles.
Two spreaded to Mush, and three was left on Stud, who was tiring out slowly.
"I can't...I can't go on..." Stud heavily breathed, slammed to the ground, and made one last breath. He was quiet, going limp quickly.
Mush stared in disbelief, ignoring the visciousness for a quick moment. Anger fired up in his soul.
"STUD!" Mush screeched.
He then viciously ripped off the Fuzzles, threw them on the ground, and ran over to fallen Stud. But he didn't make it all the way. Instead, a hard, rounded object smashed right in to his face, which a crack sound came from impact, thus causing sudden death.
Mush was flung back away from Stud, and didn't make one living sound, nor movement. Both of them were done.
Stranger folded back his bow, stashing the extra Thud slugs and Fuzzles in his pouch. Umi and Stranger walked out of the reeds, seeing that both outlaws were dead.
"Could've been more lighter on them," Umi protested.
"They're outlaws! Why be easy on them, an' give them the advantage they's need to, kill yeh?" Stranger told, walking up to Stud's torn body.
He used the same thing he had used on the head minion: His bounty vacuum, which was a speciality on Stranger's bow.
The vacuum was activated, and Stud's body was easily sucked up in to his bow. He walked over to Mush's body, and bountied him up with a 'pop' sound when he entered the sac.
He gazed at the barrier the minion's made, hoping there would be some way over it. He then looked left of him, to see a rope dangling down, and led up to a wooden platform. The outlaws must've made it just in case for emergencies, and they needed to get over the blockage.
He walked over to the rope, tugged on it to see if it was actually climbeable. Then, he wrangled his way up the rope, and jumped off to the platform.
Umi clenched the rope, and tried climbing it. But she really wasn't capable of doing that. She put all muscle on it, and she only got herself halfway up.
"Oh, for cryin' out-" Umi said through her cleanched teeth.
Stranger knelt by the edge, reaching down his arm for hers.
She held the rope by one arm, and reached for his fingers. He stretched his arm a little further, and Umi grasped one of his fingers. He wrapped his fingers around her hand, and yanked her up. He dropped her down on the wooden platform. He didn't bother to assess her, nor wait for her to regain her balance. He walked over to the other end, and leaped down, landing kind of sloppily on his feet.
She followed behind by dangling off the end, making sure she wouldn't land anywhere else but her feet, and dropping off. They made it to the other side of the blockage without problems. Well, not too many problems.
When on the other side of the blockage, everything was total mayhem. The wagon trailers were backed-up in to each other, with Clakkers running crazed back in to their trailers.
The minions had ambushed them, attacking the locals.
"Get out of those wagon!" a Shredder minion growled, and began to slice at the trailer, antagonizing the Clakkers inside.
The Clakkers clucked in fear, shouting from their homes.
"oh...GO AWAY, YOU CRAZY VARMINS!" they clucked fearfully.
But the minions didn't even get phased by their whining.
The only ones left to stop the outlaws was Stranger and Umi.
He did the same thing he did with the head minion behind the blockage, with a Bolamite and Chippunk on his bow. Reeds next to an old farmhouse was their bait area, and so Stranger commenced his action
The Chippunk was released down a few inches outside the reeds. One Shredder looked over it's shoulder, seeing the rodent calling and profaining it. The Shredder quickly became annoyed of the rodent with the Chippunk. It spun around to the reeds, ran over to it, and stamped on it.
The Chippunk held back near the reeds again, and burrowed underground.
"What did a brotha do to deserve 'dis?" the Chippunk scowled at the Shredder.
"Damn rodents..." the Shredder growled, turning back around to the trailers. But he didn't take a few steps before a Bolamite wrapped around him and his yap.
The Shredder used every ounce of energy in him to free itself from the webs, but it couldn't escape Stranger's bounty vacuum. It clawed at the ground to stop it from going inside.
His bounty vacuum went pop when the outlaw gave up trying.
What seemes to amaze Stranger was that no other minion notcied that one of their comrads were missing. It'll be easier to snatch them up, one by one now.
He used another Chippunk to lure another Shredder away to his trap. The minion couldn't ignore the Chippunk's profain language. The minion did the exact same thing the last Shredder did. Lured, trapped, and tagged, as Stranger thought.
No other minions were in range for the Chippunk's voice range, and there were no more good hiding spots to lure more. So it was time to take more drastic steps, and go out and fight.
"Get yourself ready. We're headin' on out,"
She de-strapped her Needler from her belt, then nodded up to Stranger.
He held a Chippunk in his hand, just to lure some outlaws out to them. They both walked out of the reeds, and in to the middle of the path that led down to another set of wagon trains. Stranger threw the Chippunk down to more minions, who were banging on the trailers.
The minions were immediately affected.
"Goddamned rodent!" a Shredder scowled, running to the Chippunk, but stopped dead in it's tracks.
It saw Stranger and Umi, standing out in the dusty road. The Shredder chuckled to itself, and turned back to the other antagonists.
"Oh, boys! We's got's company!"
The other outlaws stopped their harrassing, and looked over to Stranger and Umi. A couple began to chuckle.
"This'll be more fun than attacking those stupid Clakkers!" a Shooter minion jeered.
"Yeah! Let's git 'em!" another Shredder shouted.
Two Shredders had arms over their shoulder, their hands hovering over a backpack full of long sharp knives, and their shredder knuckles out in front of them.
The Shooter stayed behind, aiming right at their heads with a boomerang-shaped head gun.
"This is goin' to be tricky. You go fer the Shooter. I'll get these goons up front," Stranger told Umi.
She directed her sights on the Shooter in the background. The Shredders were getting close.
"Go!" Stranger shouted, splitting from her in one direction.
She side-winded right from the Shooter's aim, letting go two pink crystalline shards from her gun.
The needle shards hommed in on the Shooter. The minion watched the shards float carelessly through the air to it, and thought that they were mearly just weird fireflies. But when the shards stuck in to it's skin, expoded in a pink dust, and left a nice bloody hole when the shards exploded, he was more than convinced they were no fireflies.
The Shooter followed Umi behind the trailer, but she was nowhere in sight.
"Huh?"
The Shooter lowered it's gun. He walked cautiously down the alley, watching his every side for an ambush.
She crept along the top of the trailer roof, watching the minion look for her. She saw the minion stop, and she was right over it's head. She knelt by the edge, then dropped off on the minion's shoulders. She grabbed the gun it held, and brought it up in to it's chin with a loud crack. The minion fell unconscious, and Umi rolled off it's shoulders.
He ducked from one cutter's knives. The knife flung over to another Shredder's eye, it choking in pain. The minion slammed its knees on the ground, finally dead.
He kept the Shredder busy with three Fuzzles all over it. Two Shredders down, one to go.
He quickly reloaded his bow with a Thud slug, especially for the Shredder. He spun around to the last Shredder, and launched the Thud slug right at the Shredder's stomach. The air compressed in it's tiny lungs wheezed out, and the Shredder fell over unconscious. The Shredder that was being attacked by killer Fuzzles seemed to have ran itself in to one of the trailers, knocking it out cold. But they wouldn't stayed knocked out forever.
He quickly bountied up the living outlaws first, then the dead ones. Umi came about the trailers, dragging the Shooter out with her, and tossing it to Stranger.
"Here you go. One K.Oed minion up for takes," Umi said.
Stranger grinned to her, then bountied up the Shooter, the last one around the wagon train's sight. A Clakker inside a trailer next to them opened up it's doors, and peeked out. The Clakker noticed no outlaws around, but Stranger walking to it.
The Clakker relaxed, and trotted out of it's home.
"Whew! Glad you two showed up! I thought we were goners!"
"'Ey, that's true. The outlaws seemed to have, blocked the way, to town," Stranger said.
"Yeah. Those stinky bastards got us good this time! Hmm...well, I think there's a mine shat that'll get us to town," the Clakker waddled to a flat piece of land behind the trailers. A metallic bridge was cranked up over it's head.
"Now, where is it? I could've sworn it was over here. N-no, oh! Maybe over here...Oh! Now what was I lookin' fer again?"
The Clakker stopped over the bridge.
But as if the lord told someone to kill that Clakker, the metallic bridge over it fell, and landed right on it's head.
Disgusting crunching and gushing noises is what only came from the Clakker. Up above, they found their problem.
"Oooops. Ha haha ha!"
A thunderous cackle came from behind the fallen bridge. There stood the Outlaw: Filthy-hands Floyd.
Stranger sneered at Floyd, coming up to the bridge.
"Filthy-hands Floyd. I'm-a, takin' you in. Alive or a corpse. Yer choice," Stranger said, his sneer turning in to a grimmace.
"Looks like we got's company, boys," Floyd pushed back on his black tall hat on to his eyes, and brought down his gun.
Shredders came from Floyd's sides, looking at Stranger and Umi.
"Let's give them a warm welcome,"
He brought back up his gun, and aimed directly at Stranger.
"Split!" Stranger told Umi, and leaped away behind a trailer.
Umi stood where she was, wondering what he meant by, "split" But she definitely got the message when Floyd shot out three grenades from his barrel. Then, Umi ran out of range.
"Damn! You two, draw them out!" Floyd commanded his two Shredders.
The Shredders ran down the bridge, holding knives in their hands. One follwed where Stranger went, and the other followed where Umi went.
Umi, who was beginning to play, "Ring around the trailer with a Shredder outlaw," hid on the sides of the trailer.
The Shredder, who was coaxing Umi to come out, followed slowly behind her. She then did the same thing to the Shooter: Climb up top the trailer, and knock it out.
She scrambled up the side of it, and saw the Shredder jump to where she regualrly was. She crawled above the Shredder, then when it stopped, she jumped down on it's shoulders, but instead on knocking it out, she wrangled with it's head.
The Shredder moved about to the open, where Floyd could get a better shot.
"Git it, boss! I's got's it!"
Floyd aimed right at Umi's back. When she thought the time was right, she leaped off the minion's back. Floyd had shot three grenades when she did this, and the outcome of this was terrible.
"Damn!" Floyd stamped his foot on the ground.
Umi who took her chance at getting Floyd, hid behind a tall chunk of wood that made a barrier to Floyd. She crept up behind him, climbing under wooden fence posts. But that didn't turn out well.
Floyd spun around, seeing the human trying to ambush him from behind.
"Oh no you don't,"
Floyd dropped his gun, and ran up to the human, grasping her sides in a squeeze. Floyd looked distinctively at Umi, looking up and down her with a grin of disgust.
"What the-hell are you supposed to be?" Floyd sneered back up to Umi's face. "Some kind of...alien?" Floyd said.
Umi grunted and writhed from his squeeze.
"Leg'go of me!" Umi scowled.
Floyd just chuckled evilly.
"I know who you are. Yer that...newcomer to town, a human," Floyd said.
"When you figure that out?" Umi growled.
"Help! HELP! GET THIS....THING OFF'A ME!"
Floyd put her to the ground, but used his hand to hold together Umi's arms.
"That's good. Keep yellin'" Floyd said, picking up his gun.
"STRANGER!" Umi screamed.
He was bountying the Shredder that had cut his arm, when he heard Umi's scream for help. He ran out from in front of the trailers, seeing Umi being held hostage. But he didn't expect Floyd to be the hostile.
"Glad you could show yer face, Stranger! Yer little friend decided to come to me and give itself up! And you shall, too!" Floyd cackled.
"Let 'er go!" Stranger pointed his finger at Floyd threatingly.
"Sure thing. When it's long gone and dead!" Floyd then picked Umi up by the collar of her shirt.
Her hands were free, but not long enough to reach for Floyd's face. She saw that her legs were free and long enough. A grin of mischief grew on her face, slowly up to Floyd.
"Now, I suggest you drop yer bow, and come with me, or this'll get unpurdy," Floyd the shoved his gun at Umi's head. "unless you want to see yer friend with no head on it's shoulders, now do yeh?"
"Now! Put yer bow on the ground, and take yer skanky-ass up to here, and bow down and kiss my nasty feet, and nothing will go-" then Floyd made a high squeaky pitched noice.
His legs were tucked together, and his lips were puckered together. He released Umi without noticing, and she dropped to the ground. Umi had taken her leg, and shoved it harshly up in to his crotch, like any other weak spot for a boy. She then lowered herself to the ground, and tripped Floyd down with a leg right under his.
He flew up in the air a few feet, then crashed on the ground, now holding his hands between his legs.
Stranger ran up next to Umi, looking at the pathetic Outlaw. Stranger nodded again in impressment to Umi.
"Good work," he said, perching his hand on her shoulder.
Umi nodded up to him.
"Just, bounty him before he get's up. Not that he won't," Umi smiled.
He walked up to Floyd, him still squeaking. He activated his vacuum, and Floyd didn't even bother on fighting back. The vacuum made a pop sound, which locked the vacuum up. Stranger then had a smile on his face, and turned back to Umi.
The Clakkers in their homes began to emerge out when they heard no more outlaw activities going on, but cautious steps were still taken. Sighs of relief began to run around.
"Whew! Glad that's over!" a male said to the others coming out.
"Yeah, but, I think I messed my drawers,"
A male Clakker stumbled out of his home, holding his nose.
"Billy. Whoo, damn, it stanks in thar!" the male shuddered, waving it's feathered arm over to the trailer.
A mine shaft behind them opened, revealing a Clakker with a cowboy hat on it's head. The Clakker waddled out, looking around at the mess they caused. Then it looked up to the bounty hunter, the cause of this. But it wasn't angry. It was surprised.
"Whoa! Good work, Stranger on gettin' Filthy-hands Floyd! Good thing too, 'cause thin mine shaft leads straight to town," the Clakker said.
"You two best be goin'. We'll take thing from 'ere now that you got Floyd," The Clakkers from the trailers gathered at the head of the bridge, cheering at their savior(s).
"Nice leg you got thar, hu-man!"
She only blushed, and followed Stranger through the mine shaft.
The mine shaft turned in to a slide when they came to the end. They were spat out near the road, where the abandoned mill and burnt home was. They hid in some tall grass near the mill, seeing more outlaws near the mill, looking at what seemed like a bomb.
They spoke loudly to each other, while staring confusidely at the square piece of plywood.
"Ok. Now, which button activates the timer again?" one Shooter asked the other next to him.
"The blue one,"
"You sure? I thought it was the green one,"
Its partner growled in annoyance.
"Look! I'm telling you! It's that blue one!" it elbowed, and pointed.
"Ok! Ok! Sheesh...I'll push the green one,"
The Shooter pressed a green flashing button.
The other Shooter next to it jumped, then glared furiously at it's idiocracy.
"What!? NO! You idiot! You've-"
BOOM.
The Shooters were flung away from the mill that was breaking down.
Stranger jumped down from the small plateaus of land leading to the mill. He could see that he wouldn't be able to get those minions for extra moolah. He looked over to the burnt stabled house across from it. Inside were two other Shooters, staring aimlessly outside the dust-stained broken windows. He could also see an orange barrel with a flame picture on it.
Explosives.
"Good," he purred, loading on one critter Umi never seen before.
It was like a firefly, but bigger, and it made electrical shocks over his bow. The Zapp Fly charged up, it's teal eyes shining, and its behind lighting up. Stranger aimed at the explosives near the Shooters inside. When on-target, Stranger then launched the Zapp Fly to the barrel.
While the Shooters couldn't think of anything better but to waste away life inside a wortheless house, one watched outside to the mill. It blinked at what it saw, then it could see a blue thing flying towards them. At first, it thought it was a bird being shocked by an electrical pole, which made it chuckle.
But as it got closer, they saw it was no bird. It was an electrical bug that was flung to the explosives barrel. The Shooter frowed, and looked over to the other.
"Jim?" the Shooter said.
The other minion looked to him.
"What?" Jim said irritaitngly.
"I just wanted to say...you're ugly,"
The minion blinked at its announcement, then growled.
"WHAT!? WHY THE HELL-"
Then KABOOM!
The Zapp Fly impacted the barrel, opening a hole in the metal, and sparks zooming on in. The barrel not only killed the Shooters, but brought down the house on them as well. And even though Stranger wanted to get the extra moolah, he knew it wasn't worth anything now. All he could think now was to head back to town, and cash in the Outlaw.
Mission accomplished.
Stranger looked through his binoculars, seeing that nothing moved from the rubble of the house. He put back his binoculars in to his ammo sack.
"Let's get to town. Chump-cash in time," Stranger said, walking down the hill from the mill.
Umi didn't follow just yet.
She crept over the edge that dropped down on the slope Stranger was on. She waited until he was right under her, then dropped down on his shoulders. Stranger gazed up at her in surprise, but played along with what she was doing.
He grabbed her legs, and ran down the slope, and followed the path back to Gizzard Gulch.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 01-14-2006 at 06:13 AM..
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
YAY!

Yeah, it's nice. I likes. I likes very much. Awww cuteness with Umi and Stranger!

Bailey and Umi should go on amok and paint Oddworld red (not literally). I think they'd get on just fine.

Keep it up!

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 06:02 AM..
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

That'd be hilarious, hil-ar-ious. Especially with Stranger around to try and stop 'em, he'd have a major headache...

Then, he'd be more of this:

And, I'm sorry to say, this would be Umi and Bailey, if they're not lucky that Stranger would get his hands on 'em: ...

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 08-10-2005 at 11:27 AM..
08-10-2005, 12:12 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Dead *Mega Evil Laugh*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeh, Stranger would be driven about the bend! I can see it now... He'd go crazy if Umi and Bailey teamed up... *snicker* We should try and do that when we've finished our own stories...

08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Ooooooh yeah...that'd be good-no, great! If that happened!

My main page ^^

08-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

SHORTLY THEREAFTER, A STRANGER ARRIVES IN TOWN...(cont.)

Stranger, running on all fours, approached the West gate.
Charlie saw him come up fast in his blinking beady eyes. The Clakker waddled back in to his office, and switched the lock for the gate.
Stranger slipped through the opening crack of the gate with Umi, clinging on his back. When he was in town, Charlie shut the gate once more, hoping he'd never had to open another gate for Stranger, and not to be disturbed once more.
The Clakkers watched Stranger lope across the town to the Bounty Store.
Umi dropped off of Stranger's back when he stopped at the deck of the store, she wobbling everywhere.
"That's the last time I ride on you," Umi said queasily.
Stranger pushed aside the swinging doors, seeing the Clakker's behind raised in the air.
The clerk heard Stranger's boots stomping on the wooden planks. He popped up, and turned back to the counter with a fickled smile up to the bounty hunter. It turned its head immediately to Umi with a giddy laugh.
"Oh, I heard 'bout you, hu-man, givin' it to Floyd between the canyon,"
Umi didn't make a face or movement.
Stranger slipped Floyd's poster to the clerk, and the clerk stamped it as "completed".
"Give me the nex' one," Stranger demanded.
The clerk raised an intersted brow to Stranger, then a smile curled on its wrinkled beak.
"Well, seem's we's got's a live one 'ere. Well, I got's another bounty," the clerk bent down under the counter.
There, he reached in, and grabbed another poster. He slapped it face-down, and slipped it to Stranger.
He swiped the poster, and looked at the face of the next Outlaw.
"The name's The Looten Duke. He's hidin' down at the old Water Facility, stealin' our water. He's forcin' us to buy it from him, but we ain't buyin'," the clerk said.
His face wasn't any prettier than Floyd's, to Umi's eyes.
He wore somewhat of a sombrero, spikey-black shoulder armor, and a green jumper. He did have a large jaw, but not like Floyd's.
"He's a feisty Outlaw scoundrel," The clerk's eyes lit up persuadingly.
Stranger's eyes gleamed. He loved a challenging Outlaw.
The clerk smiled again to Stranger, letting a wheezy chuckle out as well, pulling the brim of its visor down.
"Alright! I take's it as a yes! Go out the gate to the Water Facility. Head on down there, and he'll be down there,"
When the clerk finished, Stranger followed out the Bounty store, stuffing the poster in his poncho.
He walked down the T-section of the town, opposite of the West gate to Dead Hens Pass, where a sign above a gate read: Head East to Water Facility.
The gate was opened, letting them to their next bounty. They walked through the gate, a house on their right, with a Clakker walking up to them.
It gave a cheeky smile as they passed by.
"Yee-haw! Clean them up thar, Stranger!"
They turned right from a bend, leading to a type of coaster that led up to another plot of land high above. But as they stood on the inanimated platform, nothing seemed to pop to mind.
"How the hell do you start this thing?" Stranger muttered.
The motor was chugging like it was alive, so something had to start it up. Umi thought the same thing. No levers, no buttons, just a motor and a platform on a coaster. She walked around the motor, touching it and looking at it curiously. Then, she had an idea, turning to Stranger.
"Maybe it needs a jumpstart," Umi said.
"Get a Zapp Fly ready, and aim at any electrical appliance on it. Like a plug or outlet,"
Stranger gave a curious look to Umi, but unlocked his bow, and placed a Zapp Fly on a launcher.
The kid might be right.
He waited for the critter to load up, and spew an electrical charge. The Zapp fly's abdomin lit up brightly, and it's mouth opened.
He immediately spotted an ordinary outlet on the motor. He aimed at it, then released the Zapp Fly.
The critter impacted the outlet, electrical charges reaching in to the thin rectangular holes. The Zapp Fly's charge died out to a fain teal. The rickety platform clanged, and began to make it's way up. The coaster was bumpy enough to knock Umi off and down.
But when it reached the top, they jumped off, and the coaster stayed in it's place.
The upper plateau where the platform stopped was slightly junky, with metallic scraps erosed under the hard brown dusty dirt. Dead rotten brush cringed under the hot wind.
But high above, they didn't notice a plot going in to action.
"Oh, happy day..." it said deeply, reloading it's sniper gun, and holding a lighter.
It waited for the unsuspecting nitwits to get out further.
The Sniper growled deviously as it lit it's gun.
The sparks crackled a red color in its face. The minion began to scope on in on the large creature climbing the rope with some other odd-looking creature on it's back.
It chuckled maleviously, its face pressed on the butt of the gun.
"You won't be able to get passed me and my brother, Stranger!" it shouted out, and fired a bullet at a barrel that would catch the creature's attention. The bullet left behind a trail of red from the sparks, right from the barrel of its gun to the creature.
"What the hell-"
Umi turned her head to the mine shaft level to them.
The minion was new to Umi, it wearing a glossy orange vest and three-goggled infrared goggles. It wielded an old-fashioned sniper rifle, one that you had to light it in order to shoot an enemy.
She was more concerned of getting off Stranger's back, for she was a simple target, and a bullet-proof vest over Stranger's back.
Stranger quickly noticed the hostile, snapped to attention, and quickened his pace up the rope. He lifted himself upon the wooden platform, then quickly prepared to fight.
He turned his head back to Umi.
"Head on up. I'll get this goon," Stranger spoke lowly, as he loaded on the black fluttering Boom-bat.
Umi hesitated so she could help, but she noticed the time was not right now to argue with him. She began to wrangled up the rope, clinging on for dear life.
The sniper caught the human's attempt to escape. It sneered devilishly.
"Oh no, you don't!"
It lit its gun.
Stranger saw it had spotted it's target,the red and green sparks from its butt shining off as a beacon.
He immediately shot the Boom-bat to the Sniper outlaw.
The 'bat left a green trail of its smoke from the ticking time bomb in its bowels, gibbering incoherantly whilst darting on its target with such extreme speed.
It saw the Boom-bat rapidly homning on it. The Sniper's time was running out vastly.
It shot the bullet in it's gun to the human. By the time it shot, the Boom-bat attached to it. The outlaw felt the rushing heat from its mouth rise up to its peeling skin. The minion jumped, frantically tearing its claws on its vest to scrape off the critter. But as it screamed, the bomb ticked its last second. The outlaw was flung out of the mine shaft still alive. When it hit the ground, an inhumanly crack came from its chest. The minion let out a loud exhale, then fell completely limp.
"YAAAAH!" Umi screamed, her arm fell limp.
The last bullet had struck in her right arm. Her grip was losing on the rope, and slowly slipped lower. The gaping hole in her arm spurted red blood, trickling down her hand. The blood had seeped under her fingers, making a slick greasey hold. She slid down the rope, until she fell down to the platform.
Stranger caught her in his arms, looking down at her face of pain with a grin of concern. He glanced at the torn gaping red hole near the bone, and still crisping her flesh. He blinked at it, hissing between his clenched stained teeth.
"Damn, it got you good,"
He set her down on the platform, but she still held her arm.
She dug a finger in the bleeding hole, and scraped out the bloody bullet left warmly in her arm.
More blood gushed out out than before. She held between her teeth, a blue stained and torn cloth.
It was her old bandana, that she had when she was five. It had little holes and purple-blue-red colored blotches, big and small, stained it. She replaced her hand with the bandana tightly tied around her wound. When she finished with the bandana, it was already drenched in her own blood. Umi let it to heal, not allowing herself to tamper or aggrivate the wound any longer.
Stranger still held a small face of concern when Umi looked back up to him.
"You'll be fine?" he asked in a concerned pur.
Umi nodded, looking shyfully away from him.
He didn't ask again, but hoisted her on his back, and climbed back up the rope. He grunted in disgust when he discovered a bloody handprint on his shoulder.
Umi whispered a distinctive apology. He knew she didn't mean it.
A stream of red smoke whizzed passed their faces. Another mine shaft above the sheer canyon wall stood another Sniper minion, relighting its gun with a devilish grin.
"You might've gotten passed my brother, Stranger! But now you's got's to deal with me!"
Stranger moved Umi and himself back behind the bend. He reloaded his bow with another Boom-bat.
Umi touched his arm lightly.
"Let me take care of him this time,"
Umi held down her Needler.
Stranger looked at her with total hesitating eyes. But hers were more seldom looking ahead. He could see she ment business.
He lowered his arm, allowing Umi to pass.
She nodded to him and rushed passed him. She slowed her pace as she turned to the minion. A grin crept widely under her waterfalls of bangs. She whipped her head around, galring up at the Sniper.
"Hey! Nimrod! Your brother was a sissy with no aim!"
She knew the minion would become aggrivated quick to a simple insult. She learned from the Chippunk and the distracted minions.
The Sniper growled.
Tormentation succeeded.
"No one talks 'bout my brother that way!"
The Sniper lit its gun once more, and aimed for the humans head.
She took action, and fired away the full clip of pink crystalline shards to the Sniper, while side-winding away from it's range.
The shards danced lightly in the air, glowing a lightly pink aura.
It saw the needle shards heading right for it. The Sniper dropped its weaponry frantically. Was it giving up too easily?
Pink dust exploded out of the shaft. It settled down near the dust in dark pink streamers.
The minion, however, shot out of the shaft. Fragments of bone and flesh splattered among the narrow canyon wall.
Stranger turned out of the bend, walking towards the minion. Its flesh was turning a crisp black color from a pale yellow, and blood coagulated in a thick cake over its bleeding eyes.
Stranger snorted annoyingly, slowly darting to Umi.
"Ok, you need's to stop usin' that thing. It's messin' up them outlaws too much that I can't cash 'em in," Stranger firmly said.
Umi looked down at her Needler. It was one of her best weapons. She strapped back on her Needler. She pulled off her Plasma Rifle, and held it down near her legs. She looked back up to Stranger.
"This'll do?"
Stranger nodded in agreement.
They walked down a twisted canyon system. They stopped at the edge of a small cliff leading below to a long rugged slope. They stared at the monstrousity that they had come looking for: The Water Facility that the Looten Duke took cover in.
It looked of a military base with a small water park behind. An old rotting water tower fed out winding rusted metallic pipes behind a small building in the middle of the walls of the Water Facility. Minions paced around inside on the walls, and inside in small guard towers leading on to the metal planks on to the walls. Behind the main building was a mine shaft that probably led to
town. But they weren't interested in going to town just yet. They had an Outlaw to get first.
They jumped down from the ledge, and ran down to a small field of reeds close by a crumbled rocky arch nearby a wall of sharp carven wooden stakes. Right in front of the defensive barricade of stakes was the gate that would lead passed the walls of the Water Facility.
Beside the outer walls were a smaller pack of the sticks pointing out ominously to two Shooter minions that strayed by them.
Stranger kept hunched low in the reeds, planning his regular approach when situations like this came about: Lure, tag, and bag.
He put a Chippunk and a Bolamite on each launcher, then let the Chippunk go outside the reeds at the foot of the archaic rubble.
The first minion stomped under the arch, and up to the foot of the reeds, finsing the nuisance righ tin its face.
Stranger then wrapped the outlaw in a Bolamite's web, a sticky white material that wrapped around its legs, arms, and mouth, creating a simple trap for Stranger to bounty it up before the ensnare eroded off the outlaw.
Umi patted him on the arm.
"Can I get the next one?"
Stranger didn't hesitate. He made a quiet affirmative to her, releasing a Chippunk to lure the last minion up to them.
The last Shooter cursed out loud, dashing by the rubble.
Umi silently followed behind the Shooter as it passed by the reeds to the Chippunk as if a lion would stalk its prey. She waited for the minion to take the bait quickly as it didn't realized it was being hunted. She crouched walked behind the minion, then raised her rifle in the air. She stood up off her hunched state, her muscles in her arms tensioning for the final blow. Right when the moment was right, she released her energy to the butt of the rifle among the outlaw's boney neck.
Its eyes shot blankly up in to the sky, its pupils turning to two small dots in a shroud of solid pearl-white eyes. It let out a tensioned breath, as it crumbled to the ground.
Stranger emerged out of the reeds by Umi, staring down at the fank minion laying completely motionless.
Stranger bountied the minion up. He turned back around to the Water Facility's gate.
It towered up to the edges of the guard towers. Above was the ugly green tin roof that slanted down from the walls.
He looked over how to break in. Too dangerous to climb over. He could hear the outlaw's growls come over the wall, and their clanging footsteps beating on the rims above loud humming machines.
He grinned back down to the gate.
Stranger stepped back away from the gate, holding out his arm to the gate, and Thud slugs croaking at him in their protective shell.
The balled bugs slammed against the gate, splinters beginning to sprout as both Thud slugs beated on the wood.
Bangs on the gate alerted the minions. Pieces of wood broke away to their feet. The gate broke in to a concave shape.
They growled defensively.
"Someone's tryin' to break in! Get in to positions!"
Two more Thud slugs broke the hole, the critter flying straight in, and smacking upon a minion's skull.
It cried painfully, fainting at the foot of the gate.
"They're almost through! Get ready!"
Stranger ran up to the gate, and pushed his arm through the hole of splinters poking roughly in his skin.
The hole breached bigger, until Stranger could slip his other arm in to the hole. He pulled himself backwards, with all his strength focusing on to breaking the gate down to get Duke.
Stranger pulled his arms back to him, the gate caved in towards him. He grinned successively, lifting a leg horizontally to the gate. He punched his leg at the gate, it groaning weakly.
The gate swirved back to the inside of the walls.
Stranger kicked the gate one last time.
It snapped at its hinges, caving in to the base, and smashing upon the backwards wall of sharp stakes.
The minions barked the order to shoot, bullets flying passed Stranger's face.
He snapped away from Umi, leaving her to the surrounding minions around the fallen gate.
"Uh...Stranger?" Umi called.
The minion's chuckled maliciously, holding their weapons up near her body.
Umi shrugged, holding down her Plasma Rifle, and staring at each of the minions, awaiting their challenge.
The first outlaw stepped back with its finger on the trigger.
Umi caught the minion's plan, jumping back from the ring of outlaws.
Hot blue bolts stung holty among the outlaws, crying loudly as their flesh melted along with the plasma bubbling angrily on their pale skin.
Attackers on the rims above shredding ventalation fans shot accurately below to the sprinting Stranger rushing to the ramp up to the walkways.
Screeches of feedback croaked through the speakers of the main building.
"Alright, Stranger! You got my attention! But if you want me out, you have to fight my boys! I like's it when it's a real challenge!"
Duke's voice called.
He was closeby.
Stranger bountied the ground minions.
Outlaws on the skirts took his attention.
The rims on the wall, as Stranger observed, were attached to hinges below.
He saw above the platform a generator, and wires fed down under the platform. He grinned mischievously, as a loaded Zapp fly charged up to a neon blue.
He aimed it at the generator near the hinged platform.
Three minions stood on the hinged platform. They watched the sparking bug soar through the air, slapping upon the generators, and starting it to life.
The wires zapped down to the electric hinges, and the platform snapped to a steep slide down to the ventalation fans.
The minions clawed at the hooked platform, their weapons turning in to shards of metal and sparks below their feet.
Then they fell from the edge of the platform before it snapped back to place.
Blood-curdling howls of fear fell below the fans. The blades turned the minions in to chopped suey, fragments of bone and flesh flying above the van's smokey mist.
The remaining Shooters were tagged and bagged before they could commit their own suicide.
Inside the main building were grunts and authorative barks of the outlaws running up to the roof.
Stranger and Umi walked up to the building, listening closely, as thunderous footsteps slammed on the metal planks up to the roof.
The Looten Duke and a few new minions showed their faces above the roof.
They gave a threatening scowl to the stranger, as the Looten Duke sneered down to him.
"You enjoy messin' 'round with my boys, Stranger?"
Stranger looked down at the ground, chuckling and smiling under the shadow of his hat.
"Well, s'not quite the party you an', Blisterz Booty be havin'," Stranger replied, "Smackin' it up that..."
He spat on the ground, then looked up to the Duke's grin.
"...cozy jail" he swung his hips around in a sarcastic fasion.
Duke's face drooped to a furious frown. He backed away from the brim of the roof.
"Blisterz Booty? Oh, no! You ain't takin' me back to him! I ain't goin', I got dignity! Hell no, aw no! I got's dignity!" Duke yelled crazily, running back from the roof, holding his hands behind his hide, and stamping down the staircase back in to the facility.
The two minions looked back to Duke, him running down back in to his office.
"Huh?" it shrugged to its partner
The other shook his head.
"You do NOT want to know,"
"Tear 'im up boys!" Duke yelled to his minions.
The minions were way ahead of him, as they lit the back pack behind them, and looked of a mortar cannon in the pack. They wore a metal flat helmet on their flat heads, and a green vest over a dark red shirt.
Their red eyes were locked on Stranger and Umi, as two mortar shells shot out of their cannons, and whizzed to the path to where Stranger and Umi stood.
Stranger snatched Umi away from the mortar's path down, and held her while he ran around the building, passed two fans exhausting smoke from the facility. He set Umi down behind the building, near the mine shaft, and reloaded his bow up with Fuzzles and Thud slugs.
He had to make the Thud slugs count. Their count in his sack were low.
Stranger and Umi ran back out to the outlaw Mortars, and launched the Fuzzles at each of them.
While the nipping fur balls of teeth kept them busy, Stranger knocked them out senseless with the Thud slugs.
A spray of blue-hot plasma bolted up to the outlaw Mortars, melting the cannons to scrap on their backs.
Thud slugs flew around to the other Mortar, as one smacked in to the jaw of the minion, knocking it flat on its ass, and making an audible crack.
The minion Umi kept focused on fell besides its partner's foot, hissing of a crackling heat seering its orange flesh.
Stranger left the minions in their painful coma, walking back up to the building again.
"Alright, Duke! Yer, chumps are through! It's time ter, do some time," Stranger barked to the facility.
Metallic rattling chimed inside.
A loud bang of two metal doors slammed against the crumbling cement.
The Looten Duke trotted out of his office with a sinful sneer.
"Alright, Stranger! You ain't takin' me in! Bring it on!" he howled, hefting his chain gun up to his arms.
Stranger moved Umi away from the door as well as himself.
Duke smashed the wooden barrack in front of the building, shooting like hell through the doorway.
Stranger scooped Umi in his arm, escaping the flying bullets chafing in to the hard dirt.
The Looten Duke followed behind, his heavy gear holding him down from running to his potential.
Stranger moved in to a groove of the wall outside, setting a Fuzzle trap out in front of the groove. His remaining Thud slugs and Zapp flies were his ammunition of choice, holding down his arm until Duke fell in to his trap.
They heard Duke's footsteps and gun rattling their way.
Umi squeezed in further behind the groove and Stranger.
Duke's breathing came around the cement groove, noticing quickly that a biting sensation was chewing at his pale-yellow skin. Duke shrilled loudly, frantically ripping at himself to stop the biting fur balls from knocking his conentration off.
Stranger jumped out to the Duke, whom was rolling in the dirt to rid of the annoyance still cloistering to him. Charged Zapp flies rung through to Duke's body, and Thud slugs ripping at Duke's stamina. It was making Duke tired enough to slow down, but not enough for him to bounty.
Stranger's bow clicked a high squeeky sound, indicating that he was out of Thud slugs. He grunted roughly, blinking at the empty gauge of his launcher.
Duke stood up, cackling deviously, and raising his chain gun to Stranger. He pressed it to his stomach, grinning devilishly.
"No more bounty huntin' fer you," Duke whispered ominously, almost pulling the trigger to his head.
A flurry of pink needles flew passed Stranger's shoulders and on to Duke's arm.
Duke's immediate reaction dropped his gun, and hollering in pain, holding his wrist up to his face.
His arm was nearly torn off his shoulder from the pink shards that had detonated, leaving half his arm in a bloody ripped gash.
Stranger regained his posture, then looked over to Umi.
She held up her Needler, panting heavily from the succession of her plan.
He grinned impressively. She saved his life, through her innate sense of his security. It was almost as if she really cared for him, even though they knew each other one day ago.
He nodded gratefully to her, turning back to Duke, who was still holding his arm, panting heavily, and glaring at Umi.
"You!" he roared, slamming passed Stranger, and stomping to Umi.
Stranger's hand snatched his shoulder, clenching his deep black claws down hard enough to leave four deep cuts down in his skin. Blood soaked through his dark-green jumper.
Duke's teeth gritted together, holding in the screams of pain, while his eyes tearing.
"Not so fast, Duke," Stranger growled, shoving Duke down on the ground and putting his boot on his chest.
"Don't you even think 'bout going near my partner, nor even touch her. Or by my will, I'll tear off every limb on yer body. You's get's me?"
Stranger snatched a handful of Duke's clothing, sneering his stained sharp teeth to his face.
Duke's fear of Stranger overcame him, as he whimpered and nodded. Stranger released his jumper, then lifted his boot off his chest.
He wasn't exactly done yet.
Stranger snapped back around, and slammed his fist right in to Duke's face. The strength of Stranger's punch left a bone-crunching snap in his skull, and left a deep imprint on the shape of his head.
He wasn't going to get up any time soon.
Umi strapped back her Needler on her belt. She felt a little more trustworthy towards Stranger since he defended her.
"Thanks," Umi smiled up to him.
His vacuum locked back up, as he folded his bow back up as well.
He turned to Umi, a smile curved at one end.
"Not a problem,"
Stranger perched his hand on her head of golden-blonde hair, ruffling it gently under his palm.
They walked back through the gateway, behind the main building, and exited through the mine shaft behind.
It led straight to a pool of water below a broken bridge. They had no choice, but to jump. When they recovered from swimming to the other side, the end of it shot out to back where they were, where the mine shaft was right above them. But there was a slight delay on going back to Gizzard Gulch. Three Sniper outlaws this time, held them back, in their own mine shaft Stranger didn't notice.
One was far left of them and the last one was slantly right of them. They had them pinned down damn good.
"How many of these guys are there?" Umi sneered.
"As many minions you can count in this world,"
All three of them lit their rifles, and aimed for their heads.
Stranger led two away from them, as Fuzzles were flung in the air, and pounced upon the Snipers, dropping them out of their mine shafts with a teetering frown of failure.
Umi took care of the last one, remembering how Stranger told her not to use her Needler to take down the outlaws.
So instead, she dual-wielded, which was worse than what he said. She left her minion with burnt holes and a deformed corpse with Stranger, which didn't make him quite happy.
But he had two snipers to cash in which was good enough with Duke and his goons. Plus, he couldn't stand the innocent face she put on when she apologized. It drove him MAD.
Stranger forgived the human, as they walked on back to Gizzard Gulch, without another word.

Sorry, it may not be the best that is...

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 01-28-2006 at 05:11 PM..
08-14-2005, 06:36 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Wired MWAH!

That was purdy funny there Dark. Especially liked the bit when Umi put on the innocent look. Aww, can't 'ikkle Stranger take the puppy-dog eyes? Anyway, loved it, and Umi and Stranger partners? Great idea! Great scene with Stranger threatening the Duke, hats off to ya and update ASAP Dark Elite!

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 05:58 AM..
08-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

You can count on it, Lobo! It'll be done within a day!

My main page ^^

08-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2005
: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

:
In this case you could have edited, I meant you can double post when adding new material, and chapters , not when you're just saying how you're getting on with it. But if you add the next chapter to this post then I guess it's OK. So I suggest you don't reply to this but edit your newest post to add in the new chapter.
Actually, that sort of thing is allowed and encouraged in the Fan Corner.

08-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

You can...hmm...i thought you couldn't do that...oh well. I would've gotten in to trouble anyways if I got caught.

My main page ^^

08-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Apart form the fact they dropped nearly 11 feet in the air to the ground, they made it back to Gizzard Gulch in one piece. The gate's invited them in to town, then closed again. The Clakkers watched Stranger run back to the Bounty store again with Umi in his arms. He set Umi down, then walked in the Bounty store. The clerk was leaning over the counter, seeing Stranger and Umi walk in.
"Whoa! That was fast! Yer workin' up a bad-ass reputation 'ere, Stranger! Here, lem'me get that bounty fer you," the clerk brought up it's stamper. Stranger gave it the poster of Duke, and he stamped it. "Well, that squares us up, Stranger! Oh, and Doc called in. He wants you down at his office right now," the clerk said. Stranger grinned in excitement, then left the clerk and the Bounty store. They traveled back to the small shack in the middle of town. The sign that was up was gone, and the doors were unlocked. Stranger didn't shove the doors, just opened them calmly. He walked in casually, Umi striding next to him. She saw behind a counter a big-headed creature with a large top-hat on it's head. It wore a ragged poncho over it's smaller body, and raised up a set of four arms with three large sharp nails on it's hands. It turned to Stranger, but eyed Umi immediately when it saw her with green eyes through it's specticals. She became unnerved, then diverted from it's gaze. The thing also did as well, up to Stranger.
"Welcome back. You'll be happy to see that I've worked up an ingenious approach to your..." it searched around secretly. "...little problem," it then said. Stranger inhaled then growled lowly, giving the Doc a ominous look. "Right, well..." Doc's eyes looked down from Stranger. "Uh, well...due to the "unique nature" of this case, the operation may seem a little..." Doc brought up a stack of papers, searching for his words. "...complicated?" Doc said, hoping Stranger would accept his word. Stranger cocked his head to one side, then pulled a confident smile on his lips. He reached in to his poncho, and slapped down a stack of moolah on the counter, slipping his fingers away and revealing it to Doc. He saw the moolah, then sneered slightly back up to Stranger. "Eh-heh, well..." Doc said suavely, then slapped down a few more papers. He leaned closer to Stranger. "Give or take a few grand," Doc rubbed his fingers together money-like. Stranger's grin turned to a slight frown. The paper on top read of twenty-thousand grand.
"What?" Stranger growled in surprise, searching around the paper. His anger sparked in his brain. "I ain't payin' that," Stranger growled, slamming his hand on the counter. "Ri-i-i-i-i-i-ght. Well, uh, sorry to hear that. But uh, I got a buisness to run," Doc slipped off the operation bill to Stranger, and stacked back up his papers, then stared at Umi again. "...but, I could take that thing over there, for closer examination, if you know what I mean," Doc brought up a rusty lab knife and rubbed it in his fingers. Stranger looked down at Umi, then back up to Doc, putting an arm in front of Umi. "Leave Umi outta this. It only concerns you, an' me," Stranger growled defensively. "Isn't it bothering you? I could take it off yer hands," Doc persuaded more. Stranger couldn't stand it no more, then put his fingers on the counter, and scratched forward, leaving five wood shavings with nail markings in the wood, sneering evilly to Doc. Doc's self was shivering in fear, lowering his specticals to his eye. Doc dropped his papers. "Ok! Fine, then! You can keep it, but yer stilll not getting the operation," Doc said, crossing his arms together over his chest. Stranger's sneer turned down to a frown. "I need this...to survive," Stranger said finally, inching closer to Doc. "Right...well, that could be a problem, couldn't it?" Doc said, pointing in agreement to Stranger. "...for you..." he muttered under his breath. "How the hell am I...payin' fer this?" Stranger shook his head doubtfully. "Yer supposed to be the big bad-ass bounty hunter! Figure it out!" Doc gestured, then walked back in to his office with his papers in his hands. Umi walked to the counter and lifted herself up to the counter.
"Hey! Hey, fat-head! Come and examine my fist in yer face!" Umi shook her fist threatingly. Stranger chuckled at her threat. "Leave 'im be, Umi. Doc's a clown and a rip off," Stranger lifted her off the counter. "You're not going to let that fat-ass talk to you like that, will you?" Umi looked up to him. Stranger shook his head. "Can't do nothin' 'bout it. Just gotta, hope fer the best, an' get more moolah fer the operation," Stranger shrugged, and led her out of the Doc's office.
Behind the counter, and in his office, Doc waited for Stranger and the human to leave. Then, he snatched a phone, and dialed quickly in to the keys. The phone rang in his ear, then a deep voice came in to the earpiece.
"Hello?" a deep voice rang in his ear sounded. "Hey, D. Caste. It's me, Doc," he whispered in the phone. "Oh, hey'a, Doc. What can I do you fer?" D. Caste replied. "Listen. There's a human that's going to Buzzarton, and I need you to get the other outlaws ready for it. I'm going to set a bounty for the human alive, and I mean alive," Doc said seriously to the Outlaw. "What's in it fer us?" D. Caste said gruffly. "Ten-thousand grand," Doc replied. D. Caste grunted graciously. "I'll be sure to get them," D. Caste then said assuringly. "Good. Tell them alive. Not dead, not even a scratch on it's body," Doc reassured. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Alive, got it," D. Caste growled irritatingly. "Good," Doc said, then slammed the phone on it's cradle. He rubbed his chin in a thinking sort of way, then snickered devilishly, and picked up the phone again, and dialed in.

My main page ^^

08-15-2005, 12:52 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Dead GAH! KILL IT!

Dun dun DUH! The Vykker can't leave Bailey or Umi alone can it?! Right, that's it, I have had quite enough with that idiotic creature. Time ter go huntin' *cocks Slig rifle* MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *skips off to find the Vykker* Here kitty kitty...

Nice chapter by the way.

08-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Heh, yeah. Them damn Vykkers'll do anything to get a test subjet, 'r operate on a new species of something. Yeah. I'd kill a Vykker if it did that. Anyways, you gonna do another chapter in yer's today? Mine'll take a while, AGAIN.

My main page ^^

08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Ya know? I'ma take a step, and say, "SCREW THE BLOODY PAPER! I CAN PRINT!" I'ma ferget the paper writing, and put the rest of my story here! Huzzah! DO I HEAR A HUZZAH? Anyone?

My main page ^^

08-15-2005, 02:38 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Exclamation HUZZAH!

You have a HUZZAH! And a WOOT WOOT as well! *does victory dance* Oh yeh, oh yeh, oh yeh, type it up now!

Sorry...that was very cheesy...but truthful, I eagarly anticipate the next chapter...mine are steadily becoming fluffier...sigh...

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-09-2005 at 05:57 AM..
08-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Ok! Just as...soon as I wake up, 'cause I'm still drowsy! And just because I'm stupid, this is me.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 04-18-2006 at 03:20 PM..