sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)
World of Warcraft

Repost!

Anyway, post your character info and screenies here.

ChaoticSpork
Level 55 Undead Warlock
Khadgar server

-=screens coming soon=-

www.worldofwarcraft.com
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

07-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

I wanted to get this just after my birthday but unfortunately I bought Rome: Total War and Pirates instead. Damn me!

Anyway, as soon as I get enough money to get the game, I'll be posting my info here.

07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

May get this when i get a job and a decent bank account so i can afford the monthly payments. At the moment my MMORPGs consist of runescape (yuk) and Anarchy Online (Currently uninstalled)
07-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

name : Demonshade
Realm : Earthern Ring (Europe)
Level 34 Undead Warrior
Guild : The Forever Lost

(screenies soon)
07-20-2005, 01:30 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

Why would somebody pay for a game they've already bought? Alright, World of Warcraft may be good enough to warrant it, but it always makes me laugh when sucky games have monthly fees. Do they really think their game is good enough to be so expensive?
07-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

Godlesswanderer  (22)

The only reason they charge for MMORPGs is due to the fact they have to run multiple incredibly huge servers. If they didn't charge anything, they would very quickly lose tons of money through server upkeep costs.

07-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

I want it so very badly but my computer is crap, so I'll wait

07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Darrak 5 Ftr/5 Glad Human
Str 18, Con 16 Agy 10 Spr 10 Char 10 Int.
Feats Combat Reflexes, Cleave,
Oh wait, you mean the computer game that requires a teched out computer and monthly payments? The one that makes you pay out the ass and goes to ridiculously high levels? The one where you can't create your own campaigns and have your buddies play in them? Oopsies. I thought you meant the WoW that kicks ass.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

07-31-2005, 05:11 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

:
Darrak 5 Ftr/5 Glad Human
Str 18, Con 16 Agy 10 Spr 10 Char 10 Int.
Feats Combat Reflexes, Cleave,
Oh wait, you mean the computer game that requires a teched out computer and monthly payments? The one that makes you pay out the ass and goes to ridiculously high levels? The one where you can't create your own campaigns and have your buddies play in them? Oopsies. I thought you meant the WoW that kicks ass.
So basically you revived a thread, to whine about the payment? Or the fact you can't make campaigns? £8.00 a month isn't bad, considering the fact you get a month free. Also your point about campaigns, is un-true, with a little bit of actual imagination, people organise many events, like huge raids. As for ''teched out'', it's rather un-true, if you have a weak computer, you'll have to play on lesser graphics, and there'll be more lag than usual in the ''Capital'' cities. And for ''high levels'', how the Hell does it go to high levels? The highest level is 60, and can be attained in a month if you're lucky.
07-31-2005, 06:07 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

:
May get this when i get a job and a decent bank account so i can afford the monthly payments. At the moment my MMORPGs consist of runescape (yuk) and Anarchy Online (Currently uninstalled)
Have you considered Guild Wars? It's like WoW, only it doesn't suck as much, and you don't have to pay monthly fees.
07-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Guild Wars beats WoW?

*Insert spam lists of ''haha'' here*

Now that was a good one Dino, honestly.
07-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

How does it go to high levels? Are you kidding? Mainstream d20 goes to 20 levels. Warcraft is 3 times that. Scheduling raids isn't the same as playing a story line that you or your friends created, or that award-winning game companes lovingly crafted. It isn't intimate, its long, and its expensive, and requires beefy hardware to work.Yay, even though my computer isn't bleeding edge I can still play. Too bad it will look poorer than it ought. Its 50 dollars and 10 dollars a month, over 200 dollars if you choose to play it for a year. You'll say pen and paper games are expensive, too. Lets do the math
Corebook: About 20 to 40 dollars, cheaper if PDF
DM/GM Books: About 25 to 35 dollars
A Setting Book and some books detailing creatures and baddies: 50 to 60 bucks
Supplements and Scenarios: Another 50 to 60 dollars
Total worst case scenario split up amongst 4 to 6 different players: 200 Dollars, and it will be about half that if you download the books. These books will last you and your friends years, decades even if you choose not to play newer settings
4 Players playing WOW online for a year: Nearly 700 dollars.

07-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Err.. 60 isn't high, compaired to most games with max level of 100. Plus it's easy to get to. And I've got no clues about dollars, but it only costs me £88 a year to play (Including the Free month..), and who honestly, is going to play a game, non-stop, for a whole year? And why would 4 players, play for a full year, and share money? If I was bored, I'd be sure as Hell I wouldn't go play some board game RPG.

1. It's really boring
2. Needs other players
3. Lots of rules, not to mention the money for a silly set of books and plastic figures...

And about campaigns, try going on an RP server, or posting on the forums about an event, plenty people do that, mainly only on RP though.
07-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

Godlesswanderer  (22)

:
And I've got no clues about dollars, but it only costs me £88 a year to play (Including the Free month..)
£88 a year is still a lot of money for one game. Plus there's the £96 every other year you're subscribed. That's way too much compared to the £17.99 one time payment for Guild Wars. I'm not saying which one is better than the other because I havn't played either of them. But going purely by the costs, Guild Wars clearly comes out on top.

07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

:
Guild Wars beats WoW?

*Insert spam lists of ''haha'' here*

Now that was a good one Dino, honestly.
World of Warcraft blows, you just haven't realised it yet, or your standards are too low for you to realise it.

In WoW, people gank you, then kill you again when you resurrect. Also, the classes in game are very unbalanced, and updates require server downtime.

Another potentially great game, ruined by lack of originality and logical thinking.

It has some great features, some of which it stole from my game concepts but that's inevitable as my game concepts are brilliant. But yeah, some great features. But great features don't make a game. It's still a slow burning, essentially quite boring to play game that's plagued with problems, and for that it isn't deserving of the amount of money you've got to fork out just to play it. If we're talking about WoW vs GW, GW beats it simply because it's free, and it's graphics don't suck. The gameplay still sucks just as much as WoW, but at least you don't have to pay the earth for it.
08-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

:
In WoW, people gank you, then kill you again when you resurrect. Also, the classes in game are very unbalanced.

If we're talking about WoW vs GW, GW beats it simply because it's free, and it's graphics don't suck. The gameplay still sucks just as much as WoW, but at least you don't have to pay the earth for it.
You are an idiot. If you cant handle being gank go on a pve server, and give me an example of a game that is perfectly balanced, besides star craft.

GW just sucks so bad, seriously its the most boring game that i've ever played, who cares about graphics when its shit.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

08-01-2005, 02:12 AM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

:
You are an idiot. If you cant handle being gank go on a pve server, and give me an example of a game that is perfectly balanced, besides star craft.

GW just sucks so bad, seriously its the most boring game that i've ever played, who cares about graphics when its shit.
Agreed.

It was hilarious when GW came out. A good 15 - 20% of the WoW population left to play GW. 2 weeks later, most had grown bored of GW and come back. The forums were full of "GW sucks ass" threads.

On a side note, stop comparing WoW to GW. They're completely different genres...
Asshole

08-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
give me an example of a game that is perfectly balanced, besides star craft.
Post patches, of course...
08-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

:
Agreed.

It was hilarious when GW came out. A good 15 - 20% of the WoW population left to play GW. 2 weeks later, most had grown bored of GW and come back. The forums were full of "GW sucks ass" threads.

On a side note, stop comparing WoW to GW. They're completely different genres...
They're actually not completely different games. They're both pretty much identical in terms of format - they're seperate and individual games, but they're not completely different. And while the level cap on GW is currently only level 20, it's set to go higher than that with expansions that will add more stuff to the game. So they are going to get even more similar as time goes by.

Fact of the matter is, WoW has got a fatal flaw; it has a really bad endgame, which is bad news for any so called "open ended" MMORPG. Once you hit the level cap, the game comes down to pvp, and getting rare items. It just turns into Diablo II. Basically, it suffers the fate of all character level based games - the game becomes monotonous once the max level has been reached. Now, you can of course just make a new character, but there's only so many times that you can do that, which means the game has a lifespan, at the end of which you will've exhausted the replayability of the game and you'll want to move on to something else. Once you've tried all the professions, and whatnot.

I'm not saying that GW is any better than WoW in this department, all I'm saying is at least it's free. You want to know why so many people left WoW? It wasn't because GW came out, it was because a lot of them reached the level cap and quickly got bored with it. Sure many of them went on to play GW, but the influx of users were just new users, not old ones coming back. And looking at it now, I can see why, because WoW has so many of the problems that Ultima Online has and had, which suprises me since Blizzard said it developed the game by looking at the failures and successes of other similar games. "Gangbanging" as it's called, and then corpse camping, would be enough to put me off to be honest, many games have been forced to deal with this sort of behaviour by completely changing the way death works. You cannot deny that people are getting fed up with it and leaving, because it's the most common complaint among leavers. "I got bored once I hit the level cap". Again, I'm not saying that GW is better here, all I'm saying is that for all it's crappyness, at least you don't have to pay. WoW costs an awful lot of money for a game that has all these cons.
08-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

:
World of Warcraft blows, you just haven't realised it yet, or your standards are too low for you to realise it.
What's with your attitude? You seem to love smart-arse comments/insults in an arguement.

As for end-game content, there's plenty to do

Save for an epic mount
Try to get Sulfuras, the Hammer of Ragnaros (Strongest weapon in-game)
Get a dragon whelpling
Reach PvP rank 14
Get full epic

And plenty more

If you're still bored, go on an effing RP server, where you do more than that.

As for ganking, play on an RP/PvE server then, or if you only want PvP, don't travel into a dangerous area with atleast 4 other friends who are the same/stronger than you.

It's the life on any MMORPG, level up, get everything, be bored, make a new char, start again.

There's plenty combinations of characters. Male/Female. Choose out of 9 classes. 12 professions. 8 races. 3 talent lines each.

That's almost/more than 100 different, playable combinations.

Last edited by Cyber-Slig; 08-01-2005 at 08:19 AM..
08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

:
Try to get Sulfuras, the Hammer of Ragnaros (Strongest weapon in-game)
hehe.... strongest for now....

2 new legendary weapons, Ashbringer and Thunderfury have been found.

Thunderfury Stats-

http://mybloop.com/view/picixxixcixx...xcxcxxicip.jpg

http://www.wowguru.com/db/items/thun...eeker-id19019/

Ashbringer Stats-

Ashbringer
Binds when picked up
Unique
Two-Hand Two-Hand Sword
201 - 247 Damage Speed 3.00
+ 30 - 50 Holy Damage
(88.0 damage per second)
Requires Level 60
Chance On Hit: Blasts a target for 700 Fire damage.
"Blade of the Scarlet High Lord"

Ashbringer pic- http://www.wowguru.com/gallery/?screenshotID=202/

mmmmmmm........
Asshole

08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

Umm how about the game only starts at 60?
You are an idiot if you think the game is all about leveling. At lvl 60 you open up alot of end game instances, with 40 man team. You go pvp for honour, raid enemy capitals, do battlegrounds. WoW starts at 60, thats why they made it easy to level, this isnt a game where you grind and say i'm better then you cause i'm 60.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

Recent pic of me-

Asshole

08-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

This is me

08-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

Statikk HDM  (40)

Time to crush your ignorance:

Err.. 60 isn't high, compaired to most games with max level of 100.

It IS high, traditional gaming has either disposed of levels altogether or set the cap at 20. Its 300 percent higher than the norm, and 300 percent higher than the pen and paper game designed after it.

Plus it's easy to get to. And I've got no clues about dollars, but it only costs me £88 a year to play (Including the Free month..),

88 pounds a year is about 120 dollars. Wow, you've reached level 60. I've bought 7-12 books. Who got the better bargain? The guy with tangible product or the sucker who bled out the nose for server time?

and who honestly, is going to play a game, non-stop, for a whole year?

Me and millions of others. I GM'd a HERO game for over a year and have been playing 3 times a week in a D & D game, played nearly a year in a PBP GURPS game, and just joined a PBP WoW game that I expect to last for about a year.

And why would 4 players, play for a full year, and share money?

Players sharing books and money is par for the course. Its good gamesmanship and shows that you are committed to playing.

If I was bored, I'd be sure as Hell I wouldn't go play some board game RPG.

There is no board, and maybe a sheet of graph paper. Your ignorance is showing.

1. It's really boring.
Have you ever ****ing sat down and played one of these games? Real open-minded of you to slag something you've got no experience with.
2. Needs other players
Yeah, and PvP and raiding is solo in an online game. Not. You can also do a solo game with 2 players, and many games have millions of players world wide that can be reached easily on-line. Isn't that the damndest thing, ITS JUST LIKE World of Warcraft!!!
3. Lots of rules, not to mention the money for a silly set of books and plastic figures...

Rules are what make it tick. It fills me with pride to know that I didn't pay 130 dollars to hack and slash on-line, that I actualy learned something.
You don't need plastic figures, and books are pretty logical compared to bleeding out the nose for server time. Not to mention cheap, and easily sharable. Can you share that server time with your buddies?

And about campaigns, try going on an RP server, or posting on the forums about an event, plenty people do that, mainly only on RP though.

Guess what, its called Play By Post or Play By Email, and its exsisted nearly as long as message/bulletin boards an email.

08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Well if you like books so much, then go ****ing read them, instead of mocking what others like.

:
It IS high, traditional gaming has either disposed of levels altogether or set the cap at 20. Its 300 percent higher than the norm, and 300 percent higher than the pen and paper game designed after it.
Woopidee doo, it's higher levels, oh noes

:
88 pounds a year is about 120 dollars. Wow, you've reached level 60. I've bought 7-12 books. Who got the better bargain? The guy with tangible product or the sucker who bled out the nose for server time?
Well go read them, and I'll go play my level 60

:
Me and millions of others. I GM'd a HERO game for over a year and have been playing 3 times a week in a D & D game, played nearly a year in a PBP GURPS game, and just joined a PBP WoW game that I expect to last for about a year.
Well then, play it, instead of whining

:
Players sharing books and money is par for the course. Its good gamesmanship and shows that you are committed to playing.
And on WoW we help eachother on quests, make friends, help eachother in many ways and make guilds, I'm guessing that isn't good gamesmanship 'cos we aren't sharing cash?

:
Rules are what make it tick. It fills me with pride to know that I didn't pay 130 dollars to hack and slash on-line, that I actualy learned something.
You don't need plastic figures, and books are pretty logical compared to bleeding out the nose for server time. Not to mention cheap, and easily sharable. Can you share that server time with your buddies?
You do realise you won't pay that much, unless you're sad enough to play it constantly for a year.

:
Guess what, its called Play By Post or Play By Email, and its exsisted nearly as long as message/bulletin boards an email.
You obviously have no idea what an RP server is.

I'm guessing you played this game for a few hours and got to level 10, then decided it's shite 'cos you didn't bother doing anything else.

Last edited by Cyber-Slig; 08-02-2005 at 11:43 AM..
08-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Keep it nice boys, just a warning. I don't want to close another decent thread...
08-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

:
£88
!!! That is phucking high-larious. You could buy a console for that money over here, or be well on your way to getting a next gen one.

Oh, WoW you say? I haven't played it, but like most people, I am deterred by the monthly cost... Why couldn't they just charge $1000 for the game and not have a monthly fee? It would sift out the n00bs.

08-02-2005, 10:07 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

sligster  (10)

:

Oh, WoW you say? I haven't played it, but like most people, I am deterred by the monthly cost... Why couldn't they just charge $1000 for the game and not have a monthly fee? It would sift out the n00bs.
lol, it seemed to have worked for Steel Battalion...
Asshole

08-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

Dino  (10)

:
this isnt a game where you grind and say i'm better then you cause i'm 60.
Hahaha! Are you not aware that WoW is one of the most notorious games for grind? Loads of people leave because of it.

Also, I've not even touched on the community. The forums and the servers are full of some of the biggest assholes I've ever come across. Sure there are a few nice people about but god did the bad ones put me off... not only because there were so many of them, but also because of the things they did.

My conclusion is...you'd have to be utterly nuts about this game to want to pay for it. Because there's so many things there that really put me off it.

:
It's the life on any MMORPG, level up, get everything, be bored, make a new char, start again.
Nope, it's not the life of any MMORPG. It's the life of SOME really bad MMORPGs. Eve Online being an example of a good one, doesn't work like that. You don't have levels, you don't have an endgame, you don't "win". And that's the kind of game that can truely call itself open-ended.