Homosexual friends

Do you have any homosexual friends?
01-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

Option 2 for me. I don't know anyone that is openly gay.
Which really makes me further realise what a prick of a school I go to, as imagining it in my head, I don't see them having a good school life here.
I hate this town.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

01-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Yeh, i do. But not friends i see all the time.

I have one vague friend, who i hardly ever see. But we stay in contact, and whenever we're at the same club, we always hang around together and talk and shtuffs.

This topic actually came up with one of my female friends a while a go, when i said i wanted a Gay bestfriend. And we set off to find one for me. And failed.

I don't really like many Gay people though, really. As there're seldom few who don't annoy me. And even fewer who can actually make me laugh.

Plus, i'm always making Homophobic comments/jokes. Usually focusing around AIDs.

Hmmm...that might explain why i'm single.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

01-22-2005, 03:10 AM
munchou
Fuzzle

: Nov 2004
: France
: 122
munchou  (10)

Option 2 for me too.
I don't understand why some people hate gays... and the freedom so ?
The real big problem is that they spread AIDs faster than it has to be. But it's their problem, not mine, I'm not enough stupid not to wear the good tools (haha ^^).

Everybody is free to choose his way of life.

Pffff...
01-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

I have an openly gay friend, and she's one of my best mates. And I have several Bisexual friends (does that count in this thread?)

I'm not bothered, it's their lifestyle and if it makes them happy that's great.

01-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Yes. Ten Characttttters
01-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'The real big problem is that they spread AIDs faster than it has to be. But it's their problem, not mine, I'm not enough stupid not to wear the good tools (haha ^^).

Everybody is free to choose his way of life.'

*Sniggers*

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

01-22-2005, 06:31 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I probably do and don't realize it.

You know, this IS America, after all...
01-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Volsung
Boombat

: Mar 2004
: At the margins
: 212
Volsung  (33)

I have a few. And a best friend from back in the day who is, but doesn't quite grasp it yet.

"The real big problem is that they spread AIDs faster than it has to be."

You do realize that the fastest growing AIDS demographic is heterosexual girls, right? Not gay men? But maybe thats just the U.S.
01-22-2005, 08:41 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Not a friend. I do know a couple bisexuals and a couple gay guys and one lesbian. They're all just acquaintances or classmates.

01-22-2005, 09:07 AM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

:
I probably do and don't realize it.
Umm.. Laura. Derp. You're memory is so horrible!

I know three or so gay people that I consider to be friends. Two are female and the other is male.

01-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Lol, two people "hate the buggers!" so far...

Option 2 for me. I didn't say so earlier. I reckon that gays deserve respect, it must take a lot of guts to admit being gay in a world full of obsessive, homophobic, queer bashing, religiously biased assholes.
01-22-2005, 09:48 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Umm.. Laura. Derp. You're memory is so horrible!
Oh.

Yeah.

I guess when I was thinking "gay," I was thinking only guys.
01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

One of my close friends have dated guys a couple of times. I don't know if he's gay or bisexual, the chance to ask never came up. I found out about it two weeks ago, he was worried if it would make me think less of him. I don't know any other close to me who are gay.
Also, I really don't care what people sleep with.

01-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I do, though they are limited to the Internet. I don't have any openly gay friends outside of the Internet, however, like SeaRex, I probably do, but they're not ready to admit it. Which is understandable, most of my friends don't really get to see the open minded side of me.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

01-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

I know my two uncles.
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

01-22-2005, 04:00 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

I don't necessarily know anyone that is homosexual. One of my friends was rumored to be homosexual, but he never actually told me that he was. Homosexuals are picked on a lot at my old school. I think it is terrible and cruel that my old school makes fun of them and that's the reason I picked the second choice on the poll. Thank God I don't go to that school anymore because those people there are so self-riteous!!

01-22-2005, 04:02 PM
munchou
Fuzzle

: France
: 122
munchou  (10)

:
You do realize that the fastest growing AIDS demographic is heterosexual girls, right? Not gay men? But maybe thats just the U.S.
Yo. Contaminated men/women who make love without using condoms (or other things) are simply thoughtless. And this is the problem today. Same thing for homosexuals.
One time is enough to ruin his own life.
Otherwise, I don't know stats of contamination around the world, but you may be right.

If today people is not able to take his responsabilities, where does the world go ?

Last edited by munchou; 01-23-2005 at 04:48 AM..
01-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

I have no idea if anyone I know is homosexual. Not exactly lunch conversation, now is it? If any of them are, they're really good at hiding it.

:
Actually, I think there was a study in Britian that showed that gay men have a hard time honoring the bonds of marriage (Another reason the Church is against them in union, perhaps), having an average of eight partners a year, outside of their, "committed," relationships, which (On average) tend to last oh...18 months.

Multiple partners is one of the leading causes of STDs, I think.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

AquaticAmbi  (10)

:
Actually, I think there was a study in Britian that showed that gay men have a hard time honoring the bonds of marriage (Another reason the Church is against them in union, perhaps), having an average of eight partners a year, outside of their, "committed," relationships, which (On average) tend to last oh...18 months.
And straight couples are SO good at monogamous relationships. I mean ONLY over 50% of marriages end in divorce.

*Experiencing spooky debate flashbacks*

01-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
And straight couples are SO good at monogamous relationships. I mean ONLY over 50% of marriages end in divorce.

That is extremely true. The Church diverts attention from its own family problems by placing the blame on other factors. When only 10% of the population are gay, I don't see how that could possibly influence the breakdown of the family when over 50% of marriages end in divorce.

The Church is old, and out of date. I like it that more and more people no longer need the Church to live their lives. Religion is merely becoming a lifestyle, rather than a devotion. And I prefer it that way.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

01-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Volsung
Boombat

: At the margins
: 212
Volsung  (33)

I'm going to agree with AquaticAmbi here, too. Not necessarily about these sppoky flashbacks, but about her sarcasm concerning heterosexual couples. As for having multiple partners and an increase in Aids among the Gay male population, I have this to say: Pshaw.

It doesn't really matter how many partners gay men have if heterosexual women are still the largest and fastest growing aids carriers. It seems to imply that gay men are MORE careful than hetero men (and women).

Besides, society isn't exactly suited for monagamy anyway. Love is biologically programmed to last (at most) about two years. And what with both men and women being urged to have career jobs (which usually require, at some point, that you relocate in order to get promoted) it becomes difficult for a family to move as one. This promotes divorces, open marriages, and secret liasons or affairs. None of this puts one in mind of a blissfully monagamous and never-ending relationship free of the risk of STDs. We aren't built for it. So the use of condoms becomes a primary concern. But on the other hand, I think its ridiculous that a thread asking about whether you have gay friends or not HAD to include a discussion on STDS. As if the two were somehow related. Check this: They are not any more related than straight sex and STDs.

And that quip about the church just furthers the idea that the fundamentalists are ill-equipped to deal with modern-day life. I'm sure the church is VERY concerned about the health of the worlds gay people. Priority number one on the "they shouldn't get married" list.
01-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

I knew a guy that went to my congregation and was like 22 or something. One of my very good friends. One of my best friends till one fateful day. Sukkot. My dad told us he was gay. It was soon after my uncle died and soon after, he moved to Utah to live with his lover. I never forgave him

01-22-2005, 07:40 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

AquaticAmbi  (10)

Volsung, where did you get the love is biologically programmed to last only two years?

Anyway, I find it interesting that most people that I've met who are against homosexuality have either never even been acquainted with a gay man or woman.

01-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

:

Yah, but after how long? At least 60-some-odd % last at least ten years. Also, about 75% of spouces claim to be faithful (Of course, the number of actually faithful might be somewhat different, so...). Again, I think these are correct. If able, I will try to check the statistics or whatnot.

And yes, I know that heterosexual couples do not have a perfect track record either, but if you compare the two...I guess I should have listen these with my last post.

Here we go again. I know somebody's going to be furious with me, so...

*Ducks into his old bunker.*

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

01-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Firstly, for shame on you guys who voted 'I hate the buggers'. You are either deeply religious or just plain mean. These are people with different sexual preferences, thats all.

I have one lesbian friend, and one gay friend.

01-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
Here we go again. I know somebody's going to be furious with me, so...

*Ducks into his old bunker.*
There's no need for that, we can all behave like grown ups and have an enlightened discussion.

:
Originally posted by Alcar:
The Church is old, and out of date. I like it that more and more people no longer need the Church to live their lives. Religion is merely becoming a lifestyle, rather than a devotion. And I prefer it that way.
I agree. It's a lot better if people can choose which Religion they want to follow, if they want to follow one at all.
I was raised to be Christian, but seeing that it goes against my moral beliefs and encourages you to "stone gays" I quickly came to my senses.
01-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
Do you have any homosexual friends?
No, at least not in real life. I have on bisexual friend, but other than that all my non-muffy friends are digital.

01-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

Yeah, a couple. Stupid little gaybos, both of them!

01-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Say what you think...
Tsss... poor guy'

I was actually sniggering at the comment about how they spread AIDS faster than it needs to be spread. Which is hilarious as Homosexuals, because of the 60's, 70's uproar from the Media encouraging Homophobic thoughts, are farrrrr more careful than Heterosexuals.

On the topic of Homosexuals having more partners, sexual or otherwise, yes, that could be true. But so do Black Muffies.

'My dad told us he was gay. It was soon after my uncle died and soon after, he moved to Utah to live with his lover. I never forgave him'

You never forgave him because he was bent? I forget - are you the Bisex one? Or someone else?