Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)
Sketches and finished pictures.

First up: A little comic project I'm calling "Chicago's Finest."
Hopefully, if I can refine my skills, I can send this to Marvel.

A head-shot of one of the villians in the comic, "Quill." In fact, he's the very first villian I'm using in the comic. In fact, he's not even a full-fledged villian. He doesn't talk, he has a limited intellect, and he has the decisive reasoning skills of a wild boar. He's more like a lackey.

One of the three heroes in the comic, "Neon," A.K.A. Brook Charmaine Her tattoos are organic (sort of like a gland) and produce a green-yellow glowing fire (hence her nickname) that allows her to both glide and shoot from her fingers. She's good natured and always has a snappy comment ready for her enemies to chew on, but don't cross her because she's relentless. Her strength is boosted ten-fold by the fire inside of her.
Powers
-Gliding
-Shooting her fire from her fingers

The second character in this little opus of mine (Opus and Bill?). His name is Enigma. Nobody knows who he is, or what he is, or where he came from. The problem is, neither does he. He has amnesia, and all he can remember is being dropped (literally) from a spacecraft onto our own planet, smack-dab in the middle of a Chicago park. He decides to use his natural abilities to help people, and decides to join the heroes.
Powers
-Natural elasticity
-Can fit in tight spaces, such as between doors and in jars.
-Body has a velcro-like quality to it, he can stick to things. Comes in handy during stealth missions.
-Has a strange knowledge of most locks and how to unlock them.

The third player in my twisted game of chess. His name is "Sledge," A.K.A. Carlton Davids. His childhood was complicated. He was given a genetic mutigen as a baby, and spent most of his younger life at a Government facility. He escaped at age 16, and spent the next 8 years of his life roaming the streets of L.A. Word got around to his ear that his brother was none other than Quill. He hopped a bus to Chicago to have a talk with him. He was rudely introduced to Quill by Quill's fist meeting his face. Carl chased him down to a boat dock, and then lost his trail. Quill, however, had a talk with Neon...but that would be revealing the whole story. You'll have to wait for the first issue for the rest...

Now this is a villian I'm most proud of. His name is Theropod, previously Max Rogers. He has since dropped his human name because he is no longer human. Yet another experimental genetic mutation (with artificial dinosaur DNA), he escaped from his cell while the mutation was dealing damage to his mental state, causing him to believe he was, in fact, the creature he had become. Max Rogers was gone. There is only Theropod.
Wow, sh*t. I need to start writing this down!

Here's a body-shot of Quill. Note: the outer teeth are actually tusks.

And last but not least, Iron Maiden (no relation to the band). Her body carries unnatural amounts of metallic compounds, and she nearly died from it. Then she was saved by a "miracle" treatment, bu giving her a dose of an expirimental genetic syrum that would allow her body to control the compounds in her body. This worked a little too well, and she herself was slowly able to control the compounds, even shape them to her will.

I haven't worked out what drove her to crime yet. She's f*cking insane, I'll tell you that.

Speaking of f*cking insane, Mommy dearest is yelling-er, telling me to go to bed.

Until next time!

12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: Nov 2004
: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Wow!! Those are by far the best sketches I have ever seen!! THE best!!! You really have a lot of talent and I'm sure Marvel would definitely accept those if you sent them in!

12-07-2004, 10:22 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Great stuff, Dippy. Can I call you Dippy? Ah hell with it, I'm calling you Dippy.

She looks f*cking insane. And can she do metalloids too? Because it looks like she has a hecka lot of silicon going on there. Badum bum! Just joking. Wait, no I'm not. I mean, sheesh. But otherwise kickin' wing! Metal stuff is always good!

Quill looks like the shizzay.

They all look awesome, in fact. I toast you, Dippy, with Martinelli's sparkling cider!

12-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
And can she do metalloids too? Because it looks like she has a hecka lot of silicon going on there.
Yessir, I love boobs. They're supposed to be natural, but I may need to make them a few sized less.
But not by much... Or not at all even.

And no, she can only work with the metal in her body. She doesn't have control over all metal, so that's her weakness; she's only good with close-range fighting.

Also, I have a method for her to get around quickly, which involves her lower forearms and feet becoming jagged metal cones, and her climbing up and over walls with incredible speed.

"Clink! Clink! Clink! Clink!"

Last edited by Dipstikk; 12-08-2004 at 04:55 PM..
12-08-2004, 02:28 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Ah! Your dinosaurs are always so great. I love the details on them. It's great stuff!
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
Ah! Your dinosaurs are always so great. I love the details on them. It's great stuff!
Well, Theropod is just a dinosaur/human hybrid. I dunno if you knew that or not, just thought I'd clear that up.

In any case, thank you very much. It means a lot coming from another artist.

12-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

"Yessir, I love boobs. They're supposed to be natural, but I may need to make them a few sized less. But not by much... Or not at all even. "

...Natural, huh? Well, speaking from experience, I'm not even half her size, and I'm an E cup. :P ;) Just as an opinion from a fellow designer, and I know her strength is to do with the metal in her body and all, but female bodybuilders tend to look fairly small in the chest. Just to be different to all the other musclebound women superheroes (I know, I know, supervillains too... ;) ) it might make an interesting change if she WEREN'T top heavy, y'know? Just an idea. *shrug*

Tusk-dude is pretty cool. :)

12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

*Fantastic artist alert sounds off, then explodes.*

You wield a powerful pencil, Dipstikk...

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

How can somebody be attracted to boobs that big? It boggles my mind.

Dinosaurs rock.

12-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
How can somebody be attracted to boobs that big?
I'm attracted to boobs that big. Why would I have drawn them if I werent? And I know a lot of other people who find big breasts nice.

You can't tell me that if a woman with big breasts asked you out, that you would say "No way, those boobs are gross."

No offense meant, I can't understand how men can find breasts unattractive.

:
...Natural, huh? Well, speaking from experience, I'm not even half her size, and I'm an E cup. :P Just as an opinion from a fellow designer, and I know her strength is to do with the metal in her body and all, but female bodybuilders tend to look fairly small in the chest. Just to be different to all the other musclebound women superheroes (I know, I know, supervillains too... ) it might make an interesting change if she WEREN'T top heavy, y'know? Just an idea. *shrug*
I've seen breasts like that.
They're on websites that I can't post here, but I've seen them.

And honestly, she wasn't ever really a body-builder. I was having trouble making muscles less conspicuous, and that picture was a failed attempt. I'm doing a new one, which I'll post here.

But damn it all, I want the boobs to stay! Large breasts are a personal prefrence of mine.

We'll see over time. I dunno what Marvel will say when I actually present this.

On another note: E cups?! SWEET.

Let's get off the breast subject, and BACK TO KISSING MY ASS!

Last edited by Dipstikk; 12-10-2004 at 10:31 PM..
12-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

The very, VERY first design for Neon who, at the time, was named "Voodoo."
She lost the canines and the extra tattoos on the back of her head.

Quill's first design. Note the dramatic changes in his physiology.
Or don't, I could care less.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 12-10-2004 at 10:41 PM..
12-11-2004, 02:13 AM
VaniLLaKiLLah
Howler Punk

: Jun 2003
: Solingen, Germany
: 323
VaniLLaKiLLah  (10)

they're great. Dunno what else to say...

I like the 2nd one of VooDoo most.

*wants 2 c more*

.:VaniLLaKiLLah:.

12-12-2004, 03:04 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

I find breasts attractive. But if I saw ones that big in real life, I might start asking if there was some sort of toxic waste dump in the area or something. Cor blimey!

Also, shape is more important.

I hand you a slip of paper. It reads, "Certificate of Ass-Kissing. In lieu of physical kissing of ass, you are hereby presented with this token of respect, certified by the Department of Bodily Smooching. Not redeemable for monetary equivalent."

12-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Great work! I too love the detail and overall-ness of the Dinosaur.

As for big breasts, Dipstikk even invades my mind with his MSN picture of a woman with big breasts! That's an invasion of my rights to be clean! *cries*

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

12-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
As for big breasts, Dipstikk even invades my mind with his MSN picture of a woman with big breasts! That's an invasion of my rights to be clean! *cries*

Alcar...
YOU ARE WELCOME, SIR.

Huh, I need to start making some emoticons...

12-12-2004, 07:12 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

You should. I think both you and VanillaK could make some great emoticons.
12-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

SEND TO MARVEL!
WIN AN AWARD!
BECOME FAMOUS!
MEET GIRLS!

this is the list I think you should follow

12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Girls with amply sized yet shapely breasts that don't look like they belong to a giant.

God, I is getting off topic. Breasts really are distracting.

Post some more!

EDIT: Not more breasts, necessarily, just more drawings.

12-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Lol, this has become a breast-fest.

I'm loving these pics Dippy, I can see you have oodles of talent. You're garunteed a place in the second FA contest (after the disapointing first one)
12-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

are you going to make more or are we going to wait for eternity?

12-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

Those are outstanding! I remember these guys, yeah. I like the colours you used, and the detial you put into that villian.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe