Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jul 2010
: Wrigglin in Elum's extremities
: 527
MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)

I think they're alright.

...Guys can we PLEASE get back on track??

02-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jul 2009
: Brize Norton, UK
: 505
Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

Yeah, I'm gonna make some RuptureFarms II variations soon, but not for another couple of months (maximum) as I am busy with GCSE exams and coursework at the moment, and I need to figure out how to get the 'Add Object' feature to work without crashing the game...

I would love it if others would post more levels here (no pressure).

Last edited by Jango; 02-23-2011 at 11:25 AM..
02-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Sliglover
Stingbee

: Feb 2011
: Romania
: 83
Sliglover  (40)

Those are awesome, check out mine

02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)
Happy

:
Those are awesome, check out mine
Thanks. I've seen your videos. But you haven't made any variations with Paul's or LIJI's Editor yet have you? Your videos are of copy/pasting in paintbox.

They look really good, but may I ask when will you have made them into proper levels? Don't forget to post them here!

02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

They're not possible. For one thing you'd have to *A* Design and build a Meech and *B* Get ahold of the A.L.I.V.E sdk to program the behavior into the game and that's currently impossible and *C* Somehow take the flying slig data from Abe's Exoddus and incorporate them into Rupture farms, taking into account all the paths and collision lines you'd have to be aware of as well.

02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

:
They're not possible. For one thing you'd have to *A* Design and build a Meech and *B* Get ahold of the A.L.I.V.E sdk to program the behavior into the game and that's currently impossible and *C* Somehow take the flying slig data from Abe's Exoddus and incorporate them into Rupture farms, taking into account all the paths and collision lines you'd have to be aware of as well.

Yeah, I agree, a lot of the stuff you have in there is impossible. Apart from that, it's good.

Also, that picture's really funny! I couldn't help but 'lol'.

02-24-2011, 05:07 AM
BlackVenom
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Australia, Queensland
: 231
BlackVenom  (186)BlackVenom  (186)

I've been giving it some thought and I'm considering making a small series maps for oddysee again but I want to make it follow a good story line or something. Problem is, I'm not that creative when it comes to stories and also, oddysee is quite limited to the sort of challenges you can throw at the player compared to the amount of content exoddus has. (which is why I was waiting for Paul to finish up the editor for exoddus whenever he can) I also liked the music and feel exoddus had compared to oddysee. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved oddysee but exoddus really shines brighter in my opinion.

So, I might consider making some more maps but only if someone could make up a good enough story to do so. something that suits the oddworld environment and doesn't conflict with the current oddworld stories (because that would just cause all sorts of havoc).

02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Paul
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2007
: MilkyWay
: 1,535
Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)

:
I've been giving it some thought and I'm considering making a small series maps for oddysee again but I want to make it follow a good story line or something. Problem is, I'm not that creative when it comes to stories and also, oddysee is quite limited to the sort of challenges you can throw at the player compared to the amount of content exoddus has. (which is why I was waiting for Paul to finish up the editor for exoddus whenever he can) I also liked the music and feel exoddus had compared to oddysee. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved oddysee but exoddus really shines brighter in my opinion.

So, I might consider making some more maps but only if someone could make up a good enough story to do so. something that suits the oddworld environment and doesn't conflict with the current oddworld stories (because that would just cause all sorts of havoc).
If you check my post a while back editing AE screens will ONLY work in the English none steam version of the game using my hook dll. Even English versions may not work as it has to be exactly the same release of the games binary that I have.

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

02-24-2011, 11:27 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

: 42 Wallaby Way
: 1,485
RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)
Question

With the levels, isn't there a way of just starting the game with a level mod that starts straight onto the modded level?
GZDoom does it great but it'd be cool on Oddworld because I've had to reinstall it loads because I keep replacing the original level by mistake and to make the levels unique so they're not all called r1.lvl or f2.lvl because it gets confusing which one I want to play.

In other words, a shortcut target thingy perhaps.

BTW Jango I ment mods for Doom because that game is so easy to mod .

02-24-2011, 03:24 PM
BlackVenom
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Australia, Queensland
: 231
BlackVenom  (186)BlackVenom  (186)

:
If you check my post a while back editing AE screens will ONLY work in the English none steam version of the game using my hook dll. Even English versions may not work as it has to be exactly the same release of the games binary that I have.
I can't seem to find this post, I've been looking for the past 30 minutes and no luck. Could ya help me out mate? Also, I have both the English steam and non-steam versions of oddysee and exoddus. I bought the oddboxx during the Christmas sale which is why I have both versions... xD

02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

Are you sure it's not possible to start off from the middle of the game?
That kinda brings to mind starting off in the monsaic lines totally clueless and through the story stones, figuring out what you gotta do and eventually ending up in Rupture Farms.
Maybe this (all the ideas they originally had) will be Abe HD?

Last edited by MeechCrunchies; 02-24-2011 at 04:57 PM..
02-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

:
With the levels, isn't there a way of just starting the game with a level mod that starts straight onto the modded level?
GZDoom does it great but it'd be cool on Oddworld because I've had to reinstall it loads because I keep replacing the original level by mistake and to make the levels unique so they're not all called r1.lvl or f2.lvl because it gets confusing which one I want to play.

In other words, a shortcut target thingy perhaps.

BTW Jango I ment mods for Doom because that game is so easy to mod .
Yes, it is indeed possible to start the game from any level. It is very simple:

At the main screen (where you first see Abe's smiling mug saying "Hello") - hold down SHIFT and quickly enter this code using the arrow keys:

DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, UP

Abe will say "OK" and you will be given a listing of all levels. Select which one you want to play and press ENTER to begin.

This works for both Oddysee and Exoddus, and the variation of the level will take effect when doing this. On the Oddysee one, you can also pick which Zulag of RuptureFarms you want to go to.

Another thing, I have started to make my RuptureFarms II variation. I have nearly finished editing Zulag 2 already (EDIT: I've finished Zulag 2 now!). I'll post a couple of sneak peek game images soon.

I'm not going to bother with Zulag 1 though; just Zulags 2, 3 and 4 will be edited. I've already edited Zulag 1 in my first variation.

EDIT: I have taken some images from my variation and put them on word documents for you to download and see. See post #195 below for the download link! There are more interesting parts than this, but I don't want to give too much away!

Last edited by Jango; 02-27-2011 at 03:04 AM..
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Paul
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2007
: MilkyWay
: 1,535
Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)

:
I can't seem to find this post, I've been looking for the past 30 minutes and no luck. Could ya help me out mate? Also, I have both the English steam and non-steam versions of oddysee and exoddus. I bought the oddboxx during the Christmas sale which is why I have both versions... xD
The one with the white background image, its a cam being drawn by my dll.

:
Are you sure it's not possible to start off from the middle of the game?
That kinda brings to mind starting off in the monsaic lines totally clueless and through the story stones, figuring out what you gotta do and eventually ending up in Rupture Farms.
Maybe this (all the ideas they originally had) will be Abe HD?
If you mean starting a new game you can just change the FIRST screen to have path trans or something to send you to the start of the "real" level. So the first one could be your about screen or something like the EULA says you're supposed to have

:
Yes, it is indeed possible to start the game from any level. It is very simple:

At the main screen (where you first see Abe's smiling mug saying "Hello") - hold down SHIFT and quickly enter this code using the arrow keys:

DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, UP

Abe will say "OK" and you will be given a listing of all levels. Select which one you want to play and press ENTER to begin.

This works for both Oddysee and Exoddus, and the variation of the level will take effect when doing this. On the Oddysee one, you can also pick which Zulag of RuptureFarms you want to go to.

Another thing, I have started to make my RuptureFarms II variation. I have nearly finished editing Zulag 2 already (EDIT: I've finished Zulag 2 now!). I'll post a couple of sneak peek game images soon.

I'm not going to bother with Zulag 1 though; just Zulags 2, 3 and 4 will be edited. I've already edited Zulag 1 in my first variation.

EDIT: I have taken some images from my variation and put them on word documents for you to download and see. See below for the download link! There are more interesting parts than this, but I don't want to give too much away!
Meh don't have M$ word, why not just zip's of images

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

02-27-2011, 02:00 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)

Yeah I tried that level select screen before but it never works.
I guess saving will get me to each level :/.

02-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

:
Yeah I tried that level select screen before but it never works.
I guess saving will get me to each level :/.
I'm pretty sure saving does not work I'm afraid. I think, if you save a game, then edit it, then the saved game will still revert to the game how it was before it was edited. Try it anyway, I may be wrong.

OK Paul, I put them in a .zip file! Here they are!:
Attached Files
File Type: zip for OWF1.zip (227.8 , 335 views)

03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

Uh dude...

Those are just screens from the original game ._.

03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

:
Uh dude...

Those are just screens from the original game ._.
Yeah, but they're different...

I'm not good enough to make a whole new level. What I am doing is simply making the levels different: different objects, extra signs and messages and the .CAMs are slightly different. They're completely different levels, but on the same layout as the originals, if you know what I mean. Like my first variation.

Anyway, I've almost finished editing Zulag 3, and soon I'll post a few more screens from there.

03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

Did you use mspaint by any chance?

03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

You should really post those in jpgs. The quality is horrid o.O

03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

: Mar 2011
: Wales, United Kingdom
: 3,084
JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)

My very first post and I have 2 levels for you all to enjoy

1ST LEVEL:
Abe's Oddysee
Paramonian Nests

This did take me quite a few days to make since I accadently made some parts impossible and I had to keep going back to correct them. However I have made it so they level can be completed without the -ddcheat

I'd say this is hard. This takes quite a bit of figureing out and you havent got alot of time to think about it. The screen where you need to climb up onto the ledge and jump into the well will really test your skills

MADE USING PAUL'S LEVEL EDITOR 0.6

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://filesmelt.com/dl/F4.LVL

2ND Level:
Abe's Oddysee
Scrabanian Nests
This one didnt take as long as the other one but I found it quite hard to come up with ideas for this
MEDIUM DIFFICULTY. CAN BE COMPLETED WITHOUT -ddcheat

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/D7.LVL

Last edited by JennyGenesis; 03-12-2011 at 05:57 PM..
03-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

Glad someone posted a level! I'll try it and give feedback soon.

For my RuptureFarmsII variation, I've finished Zulag 3. I've posted some print screens for you to take a look at below.

Should be finished by next weekend, if not earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FOR OWF1.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	36.5 
ID:	12308   Click image for larger version

Name:	FOR OWF2.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	27.1 
ID:	12309   Click image for larger version

Name:	FOR OWF3.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	34.8 
ID:	12310  

03-13-2011, 08:42 AM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)JennyGenesis  (1025)

Those signs such as "Gas escape route" Are they actually part of the .CAM or are they just annotations on the screenshots?

03-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)
Happy

:
Those signs such as "Gas escape route" Are they actually part of the .CAM or are they just annotations on the screenshots?
Everything in the picture is in the .CAM/level.

In my variation (as you'll notice when you play it), I've put lots of signs in there and changed the directory messages, to make it more interesting. On top of editing the level itself thoroughly.

Also, I've just played on you variations and they are good indeed. I like it how you added mines and bombs and continue points. Haven't completed it yet though.

03-13-2011, 09:02 AM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

Ahhh have fun then How long did it take to figure out the timing parts fro the begining of the Paramonian Temple? Glad you have changed the directories. I dont know about other people but I find the original maps quite useless

Last edited by JennyGenesis; 03-13-2011 at 09:06 AM..
03-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Jango
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango  (177)Jango  (177)

:
Ahhh have fun then Glad you have changed the directories. I dont know about other people but I find the original maps quite useless
They're useful if you are playing through the first time and want to save all the mudokons. But yeah, they're useless apart from that.

I haven't changed every single directory, but most of them I have.

03-13-2011, 09:49 AM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

GREAT! Sounds promising! I'm not skilled enough to do .CAM edits yet

You said the maps are usefull if you want to save all the muds. If memory serves me correct the secret areas dont show up on the maps do they?

Last edited by JennyGenesis; 03-13-2011 at 09:53 AM..
03-13-2011, 09:56 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

Could you post a save file for both levels because level select doesn't work on my oddysee version for some reason...

03-13-2011, 10:16 AM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

When you load up the save for the Scrabian Nests. On the first screen the slig will wake up and kill you right away but dont worry because when you respawn the Slig will be asleep unless you wake him up.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Scrabanian_variant.sav

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Paramonian_variant.sav

03-13-2011, 10:33 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

Sweet!
BTW Did anyone actually manage to complete my level?

03-13-2011, 10:49 AM
JennyGenesis
Wolvark Shooter

Which one was that again? Could you link the post?