Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

09-22-2003, 07:05 PM
MrBoj
Bola Blast

: Jun 2001
: Brooklyn, NY
: 421
MrBoj  (12)

I think Fascimile was bored and just wanted to start trouble.

So from this point onwards, I say that William Shakespeare was a wanker who stole everything from ancient Greek and Roman mythology.
are you purturbed? yes? ok, I take it back, he was a prick, but a damn fine playright and poet. see how easy it is to piss people off?

ok, back to Tolkien discussion......

09-22-2003, 11:13 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2003
: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

Anyway, all is forgiven Facsimile, JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN! So, is there any solid info about The Hobbit movie?

09-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

No but I did watch the final trailer for ROTK. And all I can say is it is awesome, I dont know how Im going to wait until december for this movie! The trailer will be available for download officially on Monday, which will be better quality then the second hand one I watched.(The one out there now was taken from japanese tv, but is in english sound still). I want to see the better one on monday though.
09-27-2003, 08:03 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

I wanna see it too! I can't wait to see it! I watched TTT today! It was awesome! But as I watched it, I realized that they probably cut out a bunch of parts with Merry and Pippin... you could tell at parts... did anyone else notice that?

09-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:
Originally posted by GrigtheSlig
I wanna see it too! I can't wait to see it! I watched TTT today! It was awesome! But as I watched it, I realized that they probably cut out a bunch of parts with Merry and Pippin... you could tell at parts... did anyone else notice that?
All the more reason to get the extended version of TTT also when it comes out.
09-27-2003, 10:32 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

They do that on purpose, but I don't mind spending money that'll go into the pockets of genious's! For the extended version there are of course new scenes but it takes a lot of work. More special effect shots were added and Howard Shore had to do a complete new score for it. It should be very cool. I can't wait. I also think it's nice to get something sorta new before ROTK comes out.

-oddguy

09-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

You will also in select theatres be able to see the two extended versions of the film, and then see the regular version of ROTK. Or see them separately, or all in one day back to back to back. Im going to check with the theatres near me about what they are doing for this.
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
MrBoj
Bola Blast

MrBoj  (12)

yeah, they're gonna have an all day marathon at some theaters here in New York. Getting tickets is going to be a bitch. I'll probably have my own marathon with my buds.....tap a keg, get the Doritos out, and enjoy cinematic goodness.

09-29-2003, 09:56 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

The official trailer is here at the Official Site. Also this screen capture, might be blurry shows Sauron's army surrounding minis tirith. Its basically all of the black on the ground, since this picture didnt turn out well. Just watch the trailer to really see what I mean.

09-29-2003, 10:40 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
Originally posted by MrBoj
yeah, they're gonna have an all day marathon at some theaters here in New York. Getting tickets is going to be a bitch. I'll probably have my own marathon with my buds.....tap a keg, get the Doritos out, and enjoy cinematic goodness.
Oh baby, I can't wait! I'm probably going to have to travel at least a hundered miles to experience it though. That's how far away I live from L.A.

-oddguy

09-30-2003, 08:03 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

I can't wait till ROTK! I saw the trailer yesterday! It looks so cool! Did you guys see the part where Sam was saying that Gollum was planning to kill them, and Frodo said, "We aren't sending him away..." And then Gollum looks at Sam and Smiles! That was so cool!

10-05-2003, 03:25 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Here are some pics from the Return of the King trailer for those of you who couldn't view it.

Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Gallery 3

-oddguy

Last edited by oddguy; 10-04-2003 at 07:28 PM..
10-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Did you get those from the theonering.net or did you just take those screen captures yourself?

Anyways it looks like november and december will be great. Matrix Revolutions, and ROTK in december, along with the three movie marathon!
10-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

My sis is getting tickets as soon as they're avalible online (cinemark.com, yes its legal, ya foo.)

S' gonna be a bitch though. Opening night. We'll have to get they're like 2 hours early, maybe earlier. Two Towers was bad enough. This is gonna be a mob. They had me run ahead to grab seats. I had to jump a pile of boxes. I almost got trampeled. I could have been hurt.

It kicked ass.

10-07-2003, 12:06 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker
Did you get those from the theonering.net or did you just take those screen captures yourself?
I downloaded the trailer in the biggest format possible and then took the screen captures myself. I was bored.....It passed the time..........I'm happy.

-oddguy

10-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Big_Bro_Slig222
My sis is getting tickets as soon as they're avalible online (cinemark.com, yes its legal, ya foo.)

S' gonna be a bitch though. Opening night. We'll have to get they're like 2 hours early, maybe earlier. Two Towers was bad enough. This is gonna be a mob. They had me run ahead to grab seats. I had to jump a pile of boxes. I almost got trampeled. I could have been hurt.

It kicked ass.
Why can't you just wait one day?

10-07-2003, 01:37 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:
Originally posted by oddguy
I downloaded the trailer in the biggest format possible and then took the screen captures myself. I was bored.....It passed the time..........I'm happy.

-oddguy
Ok cool. It just really good like the gallery on theonering.net. So I commend you on a job well done with screencaptures!
10-07-2003, 05:12 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Thank you kind sir! I appreciate the kind words. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, except....now that I think of it, I probablly didn't need to take those screen captures since other sites allready had them posted before me. Oh well!

Oh, I'm hoping to get opening day tickets for ROTK, but with my luck, I doubt I'll get them.
*sigh*

-oddguy

10-07-2003, 03:05 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Did any of you seen some of the conceptual work done on ROTK?

All I have to say is WOW. I wish I was apart of the art team working on that project. Two hundred thousand orcs are going to be in the battle of Neristeaf or how ever you spell it in the next film. I saw the painting of this battle and there were hundreds of cave trolls. Those were those huge beast that were pulling the black Gate of Mordor open, Giant elephants, the two hundred thousand some Orcs, Catapults beyond imagine, massive fire balls hitting the city and thousands of men and elfs. two hundred thousand Orcs as my jaw drops.

This battle is suppose to dwarf the battle of Helms Deep. Helms deep had ten thousand Orcs. This next one will be two hundred thousand orcs. Holy shit! I can't wait to see the battle of Middle earth unfold before our very eyes on the silver screen. As I drool thinking about it.

There is a theater near me thats called Cinamark. I don't know if this is in other states or countries but its huge and cheap. You get your moneys worth because you have stadium seating and its like a Cinaplex only just a tad smaller and its digital imagery that is used there. All for the price of $4.00 or I think 5 dollors for a ticket. I am not quite sure Ill look. Its been a few months since I have been there. But I do know its less then ten bucks. I believe all theaters should have stadium seating that way nobody will get in your way and block your view of the screen which I hate. Its cool at this theater you not only have stadium seating but you have arm space and the chairs are so much more comfortible than your standard movie theater chair. They actually recline back and there is a lot space in the rows of seats because its Stadium seating so you don't have to crawl all over people. And lastly each theater has its own sort of small consession stand right out side so you don't have to walk all the way down the hall to the lobby. Its all at your own convience. It like the first class of theaters. Cinaplex is sort of like that too where you have stadium seating. Only Cinaplex is bigger. Cinamark is like the next step down from Cinaplex but just as good. I always tend to sit way up on the top row. That way I get a good view of the screen.

I do plan on seeing RTOK the first day it comes out like at Midnight with my friend. I wounder if they are selling tickets yet hmm I will check it out later this week.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 10-07-2003 at 07:13 AM..
10-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)
SPOILER!!

SPOILER WARNING!!! READ AT OWN RISK!!!

These are rumors about the 3rd movie.... Aragorn becomes king of Gondor and Rivendell Elves recreate the broken sword Narsil for Aragorn's use in the coming battle, Plus Merry rides into battle with several thousand riders of Rohan, And Frodo dies but I don't know how.
10-12-2003, 03:50 PM
nads
Grubb Fisherman

: Mar 2002
: Essex, MA
: 946
nads  (10)

:
Originally posted by the guy who posted it
Why can't you just wait one day?
Wouldn't it be cool to see it opening day though?

SPOILERS MAYBE!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Frodo doesn't die, Gollum does, read the book ninnies!

4 cold years...

Last edited by nads; 10-12-2003 at 07:53 AM..
10-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Well I'll say this:

Spoilers Below You are warned!!!

Anyways, when Frodo and Sam reach the cracks of doom, Frodo claims the ring for himself and puts it on, but Gollum bites Frodo's finger off taking the ring, but ends up losing balance as he jumps around and falls into the fires within mt doom.

Now Im not sure if they will show this exactly the same way in the movie, but no one can be sure until there is official confirmation or when we see the film finally.
10-13-2003, 10:19 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

It seems that Peter Jackson has taken special care with the story of Gollum and adding more depth. Frodo and Gollum have a special relationship; even though Gollum wants the ring and has to kill 'master' to get it, he still has some feeling of love toward Frodo in his own twisted way. I see Frodo going to the cracks of Doom and claiming the ring, then Gollum takes the ring from him in a effort to save him.
"We wonts let the precious do to master what it did to us." he might say.
Then I see Gollum realising that the only way he can be happy with the ring is when no one seeks it anymore. I imagine he'd jump into the cracks of doom to save master in a way, but also to be with his precious forever. To be the last one with the ring....to die with the ring.

I can't wait to see what actually happens!

-oddguy

10-14-2003, 03:05 AM
MrBoj
Bola Blast

MrBoj  (12)

if they do not do it the way it happens in the book (the way Al told it) I will be very disappointed.

10-14-2003, 06:46 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Oh baby, I can't wait for this book to come out! I just love the Lord of the Rings art.

-oddguy

10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

That picture of Barad Dur looks awesome. Have any pictures from the other books like that one by any chance?

Im also wondering how he is going to deal with the whole "Shire Thing". Anyone else who knows what Im might be talking about have any ideas how he'll approach the whole epilogue of ROTK.
10-15-2003, 01:42 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker
That picture of Barad Dur looks awesome. Have any pictures from the other books like that one by any chance?
Yeah, I own both the art of FOTR and TTT. Anyway, I don't have any access to Barad Dur pics on the web, but I could scan a couple out of my books soon.

-oddguy