Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

06-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

T-nex, you are truly odd... and that's why i keep you around! YAY T-NEX

06-07-2004, 07:22 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

YAY! People love me! NOW LOVE ME!
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

06-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

oh. ...
...do we have to?

06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

YES! Or i will torture you with my new Britney Spears song!

============

06-10-2004, 12:32 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Ye God!
Everyone, stay back! Cooperate if you don't want to be sent to a living hell!

06-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

*loves T-Nex* I love you! I love you! No Britney Spears!! PLEASE!!!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

What Havoc said, only... more terrified!

You bring Britany Spears anywhere near my fic and you'll be waiting till Christmas for the next chapter!!!

06-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

T-Nex! I will kill you if you make me wait till christmas!!!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-10-2004, 08:06 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Ok ok..... I will NOT torture you with a britney spears song... Then i'll use the old fasion way, and beat you all up... But i you love me, then maybe i'll make you a king!!

============

07-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Splat

T? Calm down man, you're wierd and that's why we like you but we don't want you to sing or force us to love you or anything, we just want you to know we all appreciate you and stuff but there has to a boundary or things could get... scary!

Anyway, I know it's been ages but here it is at last, chapter 12 of The Quest for the Orb!

Chapter 12, A Gun and a Half
Aaron yanked desperately at the end of a metal rod wedged under boiler 3. He had arrived at the engine room after a quick detour to avoid a slig that had ducked off his patrol route for a smoke; Aaron had reached the basement 3 minutes early. Then, to his horror, he’d found that the gun he’d shoved under the boiler had somehow got stuck. He was already 4 minutes late and the gun was as firmly wedged as ever, he gave it one last desperate tug and stumbled backwards as it suddenly shot free.
Aaron was flung back against boiler 2. Shaking his head to clear it, (mudokons have a skill that means when disorientated, they recover quickly) he jumped up, gun in hand and, rubbing the back of his head, scrambled up onto the top of boiler 3. He was halfway up when he realised that he only had half a gun in his hand! It had already been very rusty when he’d taken it from the weaponry and his hard yanking had been the last straw: it had snapped in half. Aaron almost cried in anguish; he leaped off of the boiler and stuffed his arm underneath it as far as he could… nothing.
Muttering every curse and swear word he could remember, he climbed back onto the boiler and towards the skylight.

Meanwhile, in the bunks, Bill sat on his bed wondering how Aaron was doing. He glanced at the clock, there were 14 minutes till Aaron had to be clear of the place. So much relied on his quick escape.
Bill was awoken from his thoughts by a voice from the shadows: “Well? You think he can do it?” The old mud stepped forward.
“He’s got it in him, as long as he remembers to go 12 hours… I mean metres instead of 15.”
The old mud chuckled, “Yeah, that’s my fault, I told him 15 metres the first time I was here, before I worked it out on the map for him. I guess he absorbed it better than I expected. But don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll remember.”

Aaron had decided that one pace was a metre long, as was the skylight he had just squeezed through. So he had begun counting up the wall while trying to keep all his paces the same length: “11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Ok, this is it.”
Aaron placed one foot into a crack in the wall and his hands on jutting-out bricks. Then he hauled himself up with his impressively strong arms and got a grip with his other foot. He pushed himself higher and higher till his hands reached the top of the wall and over it. Moments later he felt barbed wire press against the palm of his hand and a bolt of electricity surge down his arm. “$h|t!” He thought.

“I tried to remind him before he left the bunks, I told him, “it takes a slurg nearly half a day to climb a wall”. You know, 12 metres, nearly half a day is 12 hours.”
“You idiot!” Gasped the old mud, “Now he’ll be to busy tryin to work that out to remember the numbers. You stupid, stupid eegit!!!”
“S-sorry dude, I was tryin t-”
“Shut it!” Hissed the old guy, cutting Bill off, “Ok, I ain’t got much of a choice I suppose, don’t tell anyone about this or I’ll… You’ll be able to guess what I’ll do when you see!”
And so saying, the old guy bent gown and begun to chant. Bill was amazed, he had seen chanting before of course, but he had never seen anyone make the energy glow so brightly in the air around themselves.
The old guy wasn’t paying attention to Bill’s amazed look; his thoughts were fully on boiler 14 downstairs. “Enter command… command… electric security fence: 1 tenth for 30 seconds… command entered.”
He stopped chanting: “Please hurry Aaron,” he muttered and then ran off without giving Bill a second glance.

Aaron opened eyes that had been closed for fear of painful death.
Time remaining: 25 seconds.”
Gasping in amazement at the lack of strength in the fence, slowly, he began to pull himself up, ignoring how much his hands were pressing on the wire.
Time remaining: 15 seconds.”
He managed to get his left foot up, before crushing it against the sharp wire. He swore from the pain and slipped back, scraping his upper leg badly: blood was gushing down his shin and over his already bloody foot.
Time remaining: 10 seconds.”
Gritting his teeth against the pain, he hauled his body up again, electricity to weak to kill him but strong enough to be painful surged through his hands and arms and body. The top of the wall was 3 metres wide. He hauled a bloody leg onto several lines of electrified barbed wire: the pain was immense.
Time remaining: 5 seconds.”
Both legs were on top of the wall.
4 seconds.”
He was standing on top.
3 seconds.”
He took his first painful step across the fence.
2 seconds.”
He was almost running forward, his feet and left leg burnt with agony.
1 second.”
Almost at the end were he would spend several seconds lowering himself carefully over the edge.
Then he was falling - he hadn’t been counting his distance and had run clumsily into thin air. The barbed wire behind him flashed for a quarter of a second as the electricity flow in it increased dramatically. It was only a quarter of a second but…
Aaron landed hard on his leg; he tried to stand but staggered as his left ankle screamed out in pain. He could barely move… then a row of bullets flashed past his ear, hitting the wall with a ching…

Hope all you guys like, now i gotta run cause I sorta promised another chapter of Splat for tonight as well, LATER DUDES!!!!!

07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Ohhh... he must have broken his ankle or something. I once fractured my wrist. It hurt.

07-12-2004, 12:56 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Wh- .... what happens now? He has broken his ancle? I'm scared

*waits scared for another chapter*

============

08-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Splat

Sorry this took so long. I wrote the first third and got stuck, wrote the second bit and gotkicked off cause it was nearly midnight and just finished it. ok T, sorry about scaring you but you can stop being scared now and read...

Chapter 13, It’s a Long, Long Way
"Did we get him?"
"Yeah, he just keeled over into the ditch. If he’s not dead he’ll soon wish he was anyway."
His partner shuddered: escapees didn’t get off easy in this place. The other slig went on:
"What beats me is how he got over the wall."
"Just a power cut, that’s why the wire lit up like that, can’t take the sudden heat. The thing needs repairing anyway: might have to get all of it changed after that. The whole thing might have been fried."
"Well, we’ll check tomorrow morning. Come on," He reached for the pack of cards on the table they stood next to, "My turn to deal."

A muddy ditch ran round the outside wall of the building: originally it came from when they had put up the walls and hadn’t had enough earth left over to fill up around the outside of the concrete barrier’s foundations. When it was found out that it proved a nasty shock for anyone who tried to break either in or out, it was left there.
It was in the ditch that, cold, wet and caked with mud, sweat and blood and unable to walk or even put weight on his left leg, Aaron lay. And despite all this, he was still alive, still breathing and still wondering how the hell he was ever gonna get the Orb across miles of open countryside when he couldn’t even walk.
Making up his mind, Aaron reached up and tried to drag himself out of the ditch. A moved about a foot before being overcome with exhaustion and pain. He slipped back down into the mud and lost consciousness.

Silence. Darkness all around him, darker and quieter than anything he’d ever experienced before. No weak light to cast even the faintest image, no hum of machinery or sound of heavy, painful breathing other than his own. Aaron tried to move but couldn’t feel his body: not in a painful or numb way, but as if he was just a spirit floating in a dark space.
Am… Am I… Dead?
Slowly, and from what seemed like miles off, a dim, flickering blue light that seemed to be floating as he was.
But it wasn’t just floating; it was moving towards him. Slowly at first but gradually gathering speed it drifted towards him through the dark nothingness.
It was rushing towards him at a tremendous speed now: fast enough to kill him if it was anything solid. 20 metres away, 15, 10, 2!
Less than a metre away from him the ball of light froze as if it had run into an invisible brick wall. It floated in the darkness and seemed to pulsate slowly in an almost hypnotic way. Aaron found himself unable to look away from the bright ball of steadily growing and shrinking blue light.
Then it slowly began to change shape. Like wax melting under a burning candlewick, it slipped into the body-shape of a mudokon formed of blue light. Aaron gazed into where its eyes should have been for what felt like an age before, as quickly as a speeding bullet, it seemed burst upwards, doubling in size, and then, like a swarm of paramites leaping on their pray, it dived onto him.
Immediately Aaron’s sense of touch returned and Aaron felt his legs and feet and hands scream aloud with pain! It was like a year of agony was squeezed into half a second and then…
The pain was gone. Like that. And it was replaced with a feeling in his whole body as if it was freshly formed. No pain, no damage, every part of his body was in perfect working condition.
Then he felt his eyelids pushing themselves downward against his will. For several seconds there was just the darkness of having your eyes close on a cloudy night. And then the power that was forcing his eyes closed seemed to vanish and he opened them to find himself lying in a ditch plastered with cruelly cold mud and with a warm green ball clutched between the fingers of his right hand.

Aaron pushed himself to his feet before remembering the snipers on the wall and ducking down again. He couldn’t believe it. His hands and feet and legs: completely healed. The scars on his back were gone. It was like someone had clicked the refresh button on his body and every injury he had ever had, every ache and illness was gone. Wiped away.
He stared down at the Orb that he was instinctively clutching tightly in his hand. Had it…? He remembered the blue light in his dream: it had moved into the shape of a mudokon. He looked around sharply as if expecting to see the answer written on the wall.
How far could a shaman send his power? He’d never met or seen one, only heard tales and legends. He looked around again and caught site of a glow on the eastern horizon. The sun! Dawn must be drawing near! What time was it? How long had he been asleep? He reached into a fold in his loincloth and pulled out the compass he’d nicked.
He was already sure which way East was because of the sun but he wanted to be certain. Yes, he was facing south. Crouching low, he leapt out of the trench and ran across a grassy plain, dotted with stunted bushes.

"Is he ok?"
"He’s awake and he’s fine. He’s to far away for me to see what he’s doing other than that he’s running south."
"Good." The Old Mudokon standing in front of his cage didn’t answer. "Look, I’m sorry about the-"
"Wha?" He looked up in surprise, as If he’d forgotten Bill was there. "Sorry, I was thinking. Aaron’s got a long way to go…" He seemed to be slipping into his own thoughts again but suddenly looked up, "Sorry, what was that?"
Bill sighed. "Doesn’t matter. Hey, do you think you could do your healing trick on me?"
"Don’t you think it would look a bit suspicious if all your "permanent" wounds suddenly vanished overnight?"
"Yeah, I guess. I-"
They were interrupted by an alarm sounding somewhere far off in the building. "They’ve found out the Orb’s gone." He turned to run before stopping and turning back to bill. "You’re gonna get punished for this."
"Yeah, I know." Bill wasn’t looking forward to the next day. Being in the nearest cage to an escapee’s was never a good thing and they wouldn’t go any easier on him when the Orb had been stolen the same night.
"Listen then, you were asleep when the alarm woke you, you don’t know why it’s going off and… And you might have seen someone run past your cell in the night. Tell em that and they might go easier on you."
"Yeah, ok." And the Old Mudokon, the Shaman, was gone…

If the format's different in this chapter it's cause I've just changed my Forums connection style thing to be more helpful only it's acctually being less helpful. Stupid thing (Ah, now i feel much better)

Last edited by Splat; 08-10-2004 at 02:02 AM..
08-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

He escaped! He's gone!
...now what?

08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Splat

That's for me to know and you to wonder over until your desperate pondering drives you insane and you try to eat your own shoe.

08-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

No I won't. That's one of the advantages of not thinking.

08-13-2004, 11:29 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OMG? ... I don't get it... How long has Aron been asleep?
Other than that:

Thats the way, AHA AHA, I LIIKE it, AHA AHA! ( You know... The song... I don't remember what its called!)

============

08-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Paramite catcher
Stunk

: May 2004
: Paramonian temples
: 39
Paramite catcher  (10)

I shouldn't have left for ages. I've lost the plot
I'll read it all again tomorrow and remember.

08-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Splat

I guess tomorow never comes. I've been in Ireland so i haven't a had a chance to update but I'm working on it now.

09-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

: Jun 2004
: Groningen, Netherlands
: 1,068
Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)

Go Splat!!
Next chapter , i love the story!!

*Tim H. C. feels pain because he said he love the story and abe and alf are in trouble*

Forgive me guys

Throw around some Mudokons in my game Flying Mudokons!

Need images for your Oddworld fan project? Visit The Oddworld Vector Gallery!

09-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

WEEEEEEEEEEEE I totaly forgot about this story! I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORGIVE ME MASTER SPLAT!!

uh...

Right...

Anyway! Again two great chapters! Me love them!! Keep up the good work!

Go Aaron!

09-06-2004, 04:19 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Yeah.... We are waiting for your new chappies! YAY! CHAPPIES!

============

09-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Splat

GAH!!! WRITERS BLOCK AND SCHOOL ARE NOT A GOOD COMBO FOR KEEPING UP-TO-DATE FOR STORIES! THen again, praise from your english teacher is always good!
I've only got about... 7 more minutes on now but i shall try to get it done tomorrow. tHis is a hard bit!

09-06-2004, 07:14 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

YAY!
i can't wait

============

09-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Me neither

09-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Splat

Mad

Sorry about the wait peeps. It's taken me like 3 hours to write this and it's pretty nasty. i can't think of anything else to say so I'll just get on with it:

Chapter 14, Pandemonium

Aaron jogged away from the building; crouching down low and ducking from bush to bush, keeping himself under cover as much as he could. He was barely a kilometre away from the walls of the factory when he first heard the alarm. Instinct immediately kicked in and he found himself legging it across the plain as fast as his legs would carry him – all attempts at subtlety gone. In an hour all but the top of the building had disappeared over the even horizon and he smiled to himself and slowed down to a gentle jog: he had a long way to go and would need to conserve energy along the way.

"Wuh? What’s going on?"
"Odd, man, the things been goin off for half an hour! How much sleep do ya want?"
"At least 4 hours; I had night shift, remember?" The slig pushed himself up onto his elbows, "What’s going on?" He asked again.
His friend gave a half-frightened, half exasperated sigh: "Someone’s nicked You-Know-What. Gone without a trace, no alarm, no sign of how he got it out of the room."
The other slig leapt off his mattress like it was stuffed with fleeches. "What? $h|+, I was guarding outside the room all night! If they don’t catch the guy they’ll kill me!"
"What? Man, you are dead!"
"But he won’t have escaped," He gave a rather forced laugh, "You’d have to be insane to even try to get out of this place alive."
"That’s just it, wall guard said they saw someone going over the back wall. There was a power-cut in the fence. They thought they’d picked him off but when they looked around next morning there was nothing, just a lot of blood in the ditch. One of the muds escaped in the night."
His friend swore loudly, "I gotta get out of here quick, later bud." He was out of the slig-bunks before the other slig could react.

Inside the factory all kind of order had gone. The overhead speakers were barking out orders so quickly that no one could tell what was actually being said. The alarm was still going off, louder now and more urgent. No one had thought to turn it off. Glukkons, vykkers and sligs were all running in and out of the room on corridor AC and around the boiler room and back yard. Sligs ran around madly trying to be where they were needed and always ending up somewhere else. No one had thought to call out the mudokons and they huddled in their cages, scared, hungry and confused, alarms sounding in their ears, the distant yells of sligs and roars of Glukkons drifting through the corridors into their bunks. Suddenly the doors opened. A pair of sligs stepped in, glanced around, caught site of an empty cage in sight of the door, pointed it out and left, leaving the mudokons feeling more confused and scared than ever.

Co-Director Findish paced his office nervously. After a few minutes the door slowly opened and a B-B slig and 2 juniors stepped through the door. "These 2 say they’ve spotted the escapee’s cell, in site of the door and all sir. Most nearby cages are empty they said."
Findish looked down at the sligs before him. "Is this true?"
"Aye sir," Answered one, "Only 2 muds nearby, one opposite and the one next to him."
Findish gave a cruel but serious smile, "Have them questioned, see if they know anything about his escape attempt." He turned to the B-B slig, "you know the procedures, let these two juniors stay and watch, they might learn a valuable lesson."
The B-B slig nodded, and half led-half shoved the other 2 out of the door.

The door to the bunks swung open again. The mudokons looked up as the same two sligs entered, this time closely followed by a Big-Bro. The sligs pointed to the empty cage and then to the two opposite it. Bill watched nervously as the B-B swaggered towards him as he lit a cigarette and put it in his mouth. Then, totally casually, he swung open his cage, pointed a handgun at Bill's head and told him to move.

Bill gasped for air in the few seconds he had. Then his head was shoved downwards again. He swallowed a mouthful of icy water and tried desperately to conserve the air in his lungs. The gun smashed into his back caught him by surprise and he yelped, allowing precious bubbles of air to escape into the water. Again and again he felt the gun smacked into his back as his lungs screamed desperately for oxygen. Just as he felt himself losing consciousness, he was hauled up again by his feathers. He gasped desperately for air and choked up water and vomit into the bucket. He heard a splash as Jeff was also yanked up out of his bucket.
He was thrown heavily onto the concrete floor and smacked in the back again and again and again till he lost count of how many whacks he was taking. His back screamed out in agony and he heard Jeff screaming for mercy beside him. Then finally the attacks stopped. For several seconds of blissful peace Bill prayed that it was over. He heard a loud thud and a clang of metal on metal and then a large heavy metal object was slammed onto his back. Several of his ribs cracked. Then the thing was shifted from his back and he yelled in agony as he was hauled upright by his feathers again, his bloody back bent painfully and cracked ribs tearing the skin of his chest.
His eyes cleared and focussed just in time to see a slig swing at his face. The punch collided with his jaw and he yelled in pain. The took several punches to his jaw and nose and then was hauled painfully to his feet, spun round, shoved forward and then his shins smashed into a low metal bar, he tripped over and crashed painfully to the floor of a cage. The floor was run across with metal bars like the walls, and his shattered ribs and face cracked against the uneven surface that he fell upon. He heard Jeff thrown down nearby. The key turned in the lock of the cage and the sligs left them alone. For several minutes Bill lay still, agony searing through his body like fire. Then slowly he turned his head to face his old neighbour.
Jeff was slumped against the side of his cage, eyes bloodshot, staring back at Bill; crimson blood was trickling steadily from his mouth and nose. A wide puddle of blood from his back already lay on the floor beneath the metal barred floor of his cage. His chest was marked with gashes where shattered bone showed through, pale yellow against the green of his chest and red of his blood. Neither of them spoke.

It seemed like hours later when Bill heard the door of the room open and sligs walk in, followed by the unforgettable noise of a glukkons feet tottering after them.
"Hello gentlemen," Came a purring voice that only a glukkon could simulate, "I hope you are both aware that The mudokon opposite you has escaped in the night and taken a rather valuable artefact with him. I was wondering if either of you could tell me about his escapade?"
"The guy’s insane," Bill began through the bubbles of blood that formed over his mouth, "Kept talking about getting out, I thought I heard someone pass my cage in the night but-"
Jeff suddenly blurted out, interrupting him, "There was an old mud who kept coming to see him in the night. I didn’t recognise him but they kept going on about something called the Orb! He said he was headed Southwest, towards some forest."
Bill nearly groaned aloud. Co-Director Findish grinned. "Have them taken back to their bunks. Let the others see what happens to their kind." Bill heard his cage opened and was once again hauled up by his feathers and kicked out of the room.
Findish and the Big-Bro slig remained in the room in silence for several seconds until Findish turned to face him and said quietly. "Leave them in there overnight. Let the others get a good look. Then kill them once the wakeup bells gone and the rest have gone to breakfast."

I expect your replies soon. Actually I kinda liked this chapter. There'll be more about Aaron in the next chapter, i promise.

Last edited by Splat; 09-07-2004 at 11:01 AM..
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Whoah. Torture. That's terrible.
Hmmm... looks like the story is gonna branch off in some directions from here...

09-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

W00t!!! Lovely as usual!
OMG their gonna get killed?!

Ah well, keep up the good work

09-08-2004, 04:25 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Good description... but... creepy.... Hmm..

Keep it up!

I can't wait for the next chapter....

============

09-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Splat

YAY!!! NOW I'M GETTING LOVED!!! Glad you guys liked it. Man, you guys are gonna love whats gonna happen to Aaron in the next few chapters!!!