Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

09-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I knew you would. Couldn't think of any other MickyDee's words, so just used tater tot. KNew you'd find it amusin'. Even I cracked up when I typed it.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

09-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Ugh...writer's block...Can't work too well 'ere...Well'p this is all I'm going to have to do today, Lobo. Enjoy it while you can. It ain't very good...

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yer gonna love this, Lobo! Doc...dies! Isn't that cool!? Ah, couldn't resist. More comin' up later!

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 12:36 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Ewwww, that's really not nice... ...Urg... *looks green* ...But yer were right, it's pickin' up nicely, just on critique, when yer changing POV's and whatknot, it's kinda confusin' without dividers... But other then that, it was fine.

09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeh, the damn forums won't keep the indents on my files, so it is kinda hard. Lemme...fix it up a lil'...:Edits post:

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

There, that'll help a lil' more, now won't it?

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 12:42 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Yeh, that's better. Makes the world'a difference and easier to understand.

09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

All done, Lobo! This will be the last chapter of their bounty hunting days! Tomorrow, will be the biggest life-turning event for Stranger and Umi...especially Stranger. ENJOY!

My main page ^^

09-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

THICKETS, MASKS, AND TREACHERY--The shadow of the Steef (cont.)

Umi has never seen Stranger so happy since the time she’s been with him. He actually had a smile on his face, instead of a grin, walking through the streets of New Yolk, and up to the Bounty store doors.
“Nice work at Fatty, Stranger! Now we don’t need to worry ‘bout him comin’ back ter town to pecker with us anymore!” the clerk said very happily. Even the Clakkers around town were as happy as they can be, with all the Outlaws locked up and thrown in jail. The clerk stamped the poster, and gave Stranger his pay. Then the clerk shrugged, with a big smile on its beaky face. “Well! That rounds us up, Stranger! Thanks fer yer hard work ‘n effort to makin’ this town safe again!” the clerk bowed its head to them. “Oh! And, Doc called in. He wants you to come down to his office! The barge keeper, down at the docks can help yeh to get up there!” the clerk said. Stranger stuffed his moolah pouch up, nodding to the clerk. The clerk thanked them once more, as they left out the Bounty store. They once more headed through the Mongo River passport, and down to the docks. They walked the whole way, Umi thinking of what would happen next. They were traveling down the docks, when Umi asked the most awkward question to Stranger.
“What will happen to us? When you...get yer operation ‘n stuff done? Would we...you know...go our separate ways?” Umi asked. Stranger looked at her with a brow up high.
“What’r you talkin’ about, kid?” Stranger said. “Well, yer gonna get yer operation, right?” Umi clarified. Stranger nodded. “So, what’ll happen to us when that happens?” she repeated. They were right in front of the barges, when Stranger stopped them both. “What d’you mean “what’ll happen to us”? We’ll stay together, keep bounty huntin’ fer the fun of it!” Stranger said. Umi didn’t say a word. “I don’t imagine us splittin’ apart from all the times we’ve had together, how close we’ve gotten. I wouldn’t want to go away from you, Umi. Yer my partner...I dunno what I’d do without yeh, kid,” Stranger put a hand up top her hair. She smiled, letting out a small giggle. “Yeah. Same here, buddy,” Umi brushed off his hand, and straightened her nearly-dried hair. The barge keeper watched them within their moment, smiling sweetly as Stranger looked to it. “Yo barge boy. Can yeh, take me to the Doc’s office?” Stranger said politely as could be.
“Uh, sure thing, Stranger. Just hope on, and I’ll get this thing to get movin’. Oh! And, thanks fer takin’ out them scumbag Outlaws fer us, Stranger! We’ll be more happier without them pecker heads botherin’ us,” the barge boy nodded to Stranger. The Clakker began to take off ropes from the dock and wooden stumps. Then it ran back in to the barge, powering up its engines, feeding it coal and steam shot out of the exhaust above the barge. He gave Stranger a thumbs-up, then began to steer the ship away from the docks. The Clakkers on the docks waved good-bye to the bounty hunters, thanking and hooting loudly, their feathery arms punching up in the air. The sky was much darker, but still showed hints of the engraving of the blood-red lines and purply over sky. The sun only showed over the peaks far out in the distance, a vague orange color, as they traveled down to the Doc’s Mongo retreat office.
The barge bumped the docks, leading up to the nearly hidden office of the Vykker surgeon. Stranger and Umi jumped off, and turned back to the barge boy.
“Thanks fer the lift,” Stranget tipped his hat respectfully. Umi nodded in thanks as well.
“Er, uh, no problem, Stranger. Give a hi to the Outlaw-“ the barge boy clamped his beak shut. Stranger looked over his shoulder suspiciously to the Clakker. “-I mean Doc, fer me,” it said, scurrying back to the port, and setting off from the dock. He shook his head at the departing barge, then walked through the double fence posts that read: “Doc’s Mongo Retreat office”. What Stranger saw inside the area nearly left him heartbroken. Doc hung off from the pole, just right above his office doors, a faintly purple color. His mouth was wide open, probably from the screaming he did, and his eyes nearly popping out of his sockets. His three stubby legs and four clawed arms dangled lifelessly under the rope that had suffocated him.
“Damn! Someone strung up Doc!” Stranger felt his hands cling up in to a fist, anger stringing through him coarsely. “Now I’ll never get that operation!” he looked down from the dead Vykker.
“Yeah! And now, I’ll never get to punch his face in either!” Umi frowned down. Stranger’s ears propped up almost immediately, him looking around intently, his nostrils flaring. “Smells like a setup,” Stranger growled, his head snapping from side to side. Right when he finished his suspicion, the sign behind them exploded with the dynamite strung on to it, blocking the way out. Then, heavy footsteps above the Doc’s office rumbled through Stranger’s ears. The Outlaw let out a deep phlegmy chuckle.
“Word is, Stranger, you know where a Steef can be found. And you know Sekto pays top-moolah, for their heads...So where is it?” D. Caste asked calmly. Stranger glared up to the Outlaw, his lip twitching up over his teeth. “I ain’t tellin’ you squat!” Stranger rung his arms down to his sides. D. Caste only grinned, his eyes smoothing in to a glare. “Then it’s your way. We’re gonna get that twenty-grand, even if we have to kill you fer it,” D. Caste threatened, as outlaws emerged from the surrounding houses around the office. Stranger startled from the sudden numerous outlaws that had shone from the houses. The gun turrets behind the rickety blinds even folded out to them. This wasn’t going to be the greatest day to Stranger after all.
The gun turrets were to start off at Stranger and Umi, then the outlaws jumped down from the balconies of the houses, rushing towards them as well. Stranger hugged Umi up, running behind a sturdy wooden fence, loading up on his expensive Rabid Fuzzles and Stingbees. He laid down the Fuzzles beyond the fence, and knelt low for the other surviving outlaws that were surely to make it through the barrier of the Fuzzles. Umi held up her Needler, quivering in fear, and hearing the many outlaws approach closer to them. The Fuzzles growled and leaped off form the ground and on to the minions, chomping with various screams and yells flying up in the air. Two Nailers, three Shooters, and a handful of Shredders broke the barrier to them, and began their attack. Umi kept behind Stranger, firing her entire clip of needles at any moving object close to them. Stranger did the same with Stingbees, until his clip of ammo ran out. The minions came non-stop, charging up to the helpless bounty hunters, scratching and tearing near their flesh. It was at that point that they had to drag themselves out to D. Caste, to stop him from letting more outlaws to them. The hoard of outlaws slowly diminished, they passing through to the middle. Their luck ran thin. Stranger’s bow let out a quick squeaky whine. He searched through his ammo sack, but found no Stingbees. The Nailers held him up, making him unable to use his bow. Umi, on the other hand, ran out quickly on her ammo, but couldn’t reload. The other Nailer slapped away her weapon, and held her up by the neck. D. Caste rubbed his chin thoughtfully, then raised his arms.
“Alright, hold it, fellahs! Hold it!” he ordered, and the minions backed away from Stranger and Umi, still keeping a circle around them. D. Caste then looked down at the surrounded bounty hunters. “Now, let’s work this out, Stranger. Civilized-like,” D. Caste propped his elbow on his giant spiked hammer, rubbing his chin.
“Huh” Stranger growled, not sounding interested. “Now, we both want that Steef head,” D. Caste began his persuasion. One Nailer came behind Umi first, then awaiting the next thing to do. “So, we’ll split the profits, 50-20,” D. Caste chuckled.
“Strang-“ she was muffled, being held away by the Nailer. Stranger shook his head to D. Caste’s offer confusingly. The other Nailer came up behind him, raising a fist above his head. “That, don’t add up,” Stranger put out a hand to the outlaws coming in closer. Then all he felt was a searing pain come from behind his head. The Nailer brought down its armed knuckles on to Stranger, sending him in to a deep unconscious state of darkness.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 09-22-2005 at 12:20 PM..
09-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Here we go, Lobo:

A STRANGER’S DEMISE

Distinct grumbling and chattering filled her ears up. She felt her arms and legs bound together like some sort of freak experiment went bad. She felt drugged somehow, feeling nausea crawl through her stomach. She looked down, seeing she was nearly three feet off the ground, hanging and bound together with ropes, wrapped around her arms, legs, and tied together around her body. She then looked over without the outlaws knowing, seeing Stranger the same, but stripped down of his personal belongings: Bow, poncho, and hat, piled together near the outlaws gibbering non-stop. An outlaw Shooter came by, unarmed, peeking up at her. She snapped her eyes shut, hoping it wouldn’t notice her conscious had returned. The outlaw sniffed around her face for a moment, then grumbled off back in to the small crowd of others. She opened back up, gazing around in front of her. It looked of an old attic, stashed on the sidelines of explosives. The room was lit dimly of a small fireplace, reflecting off the yellow skin of the minions. She saw planks nearly ripped open, revealing the outside to be completely pitch-black with the crickets chirping quietly. Umi knew trying to escape would be an attempt that would probably cost her life. She looked over desperately over to the unconscious Stranger, hoping he’d wake soon, but only he hung from the ropes that held him up, swinging back and forth softly, with his head following as well. But then, she saw that may turn all hope around. She saw Stranger’s ear, twitch slightly, and seeing his eyes peek open as well.
Another minion watched closely to Stranger’s face, his neon eyes coming back to life. The outlaw gazed back to the others, “Hey. Hey, boss! Stranger’s coming to,” it backed away from Stranger, he regaining conscious quickly. D. Caste sat on a wide wooden crate, cracking every knuckle he had in his hand. Stranger groaned slightly, snorting then slopping his tongue back in to his mouth. He slapped his lips together, waking from his deep unconscious. Then he saw something familiar to him on the floor about him. His bounty hunting equipment, his bow, his poncho, his ammo sack, and worst of all, his hat. He then began to let out frustrating growls, rocking his ropes back and forth, glaring around at the outlaws snickering at him.
“Well...If it ain’t the big, bad, bounty hunter...” D. Caste said cooly, his hat tipped over his face mockingly and his hands dangling between his legs. “So, Stranger. All we need to know is...” he brought up a finger pointing to Stranger. “...Where’s the Steef?” he let out a startling chuckle. Stranger let out a fierce growl towards the Outlaw. Then, the entire hideout filled up with malicious laughter, the minions beginning to group up to Stranger slowly. He became stressful, tensioning his legs and flailing them around. The operation bill in his tights loosened from its grip, as he continued to kick his legs. Then, the papers popped out from his tights, wafting slowly like a feather to the dusty ground. His mouth dropped open, muttering a distinct distress. The outlaws watched the papers slowly land to the ground, as one nearly scooped it up, when D. Caste shouted, “Hold it!” then passed through the crowded minions, up to the bill. He glared at it for a moment, then bent down and picked it up. “Wha’...” he droned, gazing over the front page of the bill. Stranger’s ears flattened to the back of his head, frowning madly at D. Caste and his discovery. D. Caste muttered to himself, his minions piling up on each other to see over the Outlaw’s shoulder. He let out a surprised quiver, then turned over the page. Suspicion drew over his face, looking down and up the picture that he thought couldn’t be real. “What the...” D. Caste grumbled, looking over and turning the next page. Stranger could hear quarreling minions to D. Caste’s suspicion, him still shaking his head. Umi became involved with what the operation bill held in it as well, watching D. Caste read over the bill over and over. D. Caste then looked over the paper and up to Stranger, with mean beady eyes. “What are you hiding, freak boy?” D. Caste growled loudly, then turned the page. His eyes widened with total suspicion, grunting loudly at the page, bringing it closer to his face. The minion next to him let out a long gasp, and stared up to Stranger. He dropped the papers, glaring evilly up to Stranger. “Get them pants off!” D. Caste pointed to Stranger’s legs, blinking furiously, as his minions passed around his arms. One walked up behind the struggling bounty hunter, while two more came to his front. Umi began to struggle as well, rocking herself up to Stranger as close as she could get. But no matter how much she tried, she couldn’t try to protect him while in her present situation, so she watched them intensely, as the minion in the back gripped on to his kicking legs, and the other two whip out a small pocket knife hidden in their hands. Stranger snapped his jaws threateningly together at the minions, watching as they began to cut down on his tights. Patches flung off from his legs, and Stranger knew it’d be over within a few more seconds. He raised his head away from the minions, his teeth tightly clenched together. Then their worlds turned upside down. The tights came off to a set of red overalls, and the minion behind him dropped his boots. The entire crowd of outlaws gasped in unison, as the minions near them backed away from the upsetting scene. Umi even let out a shocked gasp, her eyes wide open in disbelief. Dangling not only two legs that she expected the whole entire time, but four scrawny thin horse legs popping out from the leg holes of the red overalls. Stranger’s head bobbed down to his well-hidden secret, then back up with a shy grin to the crowd. D. Caste’s eyes were flushed of anger, as he passed through the minions around him, staring up and down once more to make sure his eyes weren’t deceiving him.
“It’s a god-dang Steef!” D. Caste roared, scruffing Stranger’s head of hair in his hand, pulling closer down to the outlaws and himself, Stranger growling defensively. “Hidin’ his legs! Got no horns!” D. Caste growled, then threw Stranger’s head aside, he attempting to bite him with his pointy teeth as he threw him aside, but showed him a heinous glare and growling with baring teeth.
“Aww, Blisterz Booty bagged by a Steef!” a minion shouted out, its hands pointing out to Stranger. The others began to yell out Steef as well, agreeing with the minion that had shouted out. “You think you could be like us?” D. Caste balled a fist from his pointing finger to his chest. “You think you can be...normal?!“ D. Caste raised a brow of anger. “Skin that thang!” D. Caste shouted to his minions, turning his glare away from Stranger, wiping his palms together like a deed’s been done. “Twenty-gran’,” he shot two fingers out. “Wish they all that easy...” he said hopefully to himself, then turned back to his minions, gaining closer in to Stranger, holding out their knives and poking at him like they were prodding a cow with fun. He looked over to the human, struggling and trying to break free to save her friend in danger. D. Caste only chuckled in her demise. “You ain’t goin’ nowhere, human!” D. Caste shouted out to her, she snapping her glance over to him. “Sekto got’s big pay on yer head as well!” D. Caste cackled loudly, then turned back around. Just then when he turned back around, a rock that had been knocked down missed his face nearly by inches, and tumbled on the ground. “What the-“ shadowed figures passed over the barred window above, barely shining in the moonlight as it passed over. But D. Caste caught it well, and let out a startled gasp. The minions behind continued to gather around Stranger, him kicking and flailing his legs around defensively. The minions chuckled devilishly, as one came up to Stranger. It flashed suddenly, piercing through the minion’s clothing and flesh, acting like slow motion, as the minion tumbled down, roaring in pain. When it hit the floor, it let out a quick gasp, then fell silent. The others around quivered startlingly, looking around fearfully as if it were next.
“Ambush!” a minion shouted, and then the entire hideout began to scramble around, hiding from any open window that they figured they would be shot as well. Arrows showered down on to Stranger’s pile of gear with strings attached, and his belongings were dragged up through the bars of the roof window. Stranger watched helplessly as his stuff was being stolen. He saw a familiar shape in the window, aiming carefully with a bow and arrow equipt to it. The creature released the bow with lightning-fast reflexes, and the arrow passed over Stranger’s ear with only centimeters before it pierced his ear. The arrow cut through the rope that held him up, and sent him to the ground with a loud grunt. He took a moment to recover from that fall, then looked up in surprise that he was free from the ropes. His lips parted shakily with anger, his eyes sparked up quickly, as he got himself up to the crowd of cowering minions. He wiped himself off, glaring at D. Caste angrily.
“So now you know. But you won’t live te, tell the tale,” Stranger growled, holding his arms down with his hands clenched in tight fists. D. Caste grinned without fear, leaning down to the handle of his hammer.
“I don’t think so, you fou’-legged freak! Yer worth bookoo alive, when I’ll settle fer yeh dead,” D. Caste growled, keeping his sly smile on. Stranger grinned challengingly as well. “Bring it on. Yer mama did,” Stranger writhed his fingers to him to come closer. “Tear ‘im up, boys! To pieces with him!” D. Caste Raider slashed his arm in front of him. The minions began to close on him again, a Shredder coming up faster, slamming his shredder in to his palm. Stranger beckoned him closer, wringing his fingers towards him. When the Shredder was close enough, Stranger balled both of his fists together, and slammed them in to the minion’s gut, sending him in to the fireplace. The minion screamed bloody murder, sprinting out of the fire with a tail of sparks following behind. It slammed unknowingly in to one of the explosives around the attic. The fire spreaded around the barrel, then let out a shakily explosion, causing a slight chain reaction around the other explosions. Now all was left was a fast-spreading fire, touching on to explosives. The hideout was now coming apart. But that only left Stranger alone with the outlaws, and Umi still dangling by her arms. She began to panic heavily, tears flowing down her cheeks and avoiding fires that nearly touched her. He couldn’t worry about her right now. The outlaws closing in were the biggest threat. And with his four legs, he had double the speed and power. He kicked off his hind legs, circling around the entire hideout nearly touching the flames sparking and growing. He rammed in to some of the outlaws, sending them in to the fires and them being stupid enough to run in to one another. D. Caste came out hauling after Stranger, banging down his spiked hammer near Stranger, but he was a little faster than D. Caste and his strength. Minions still survived, but not as much as there were. D. Caste stopped and looked over to the human, dangling stressfully at her ropes.
“Git that human! Make sure it don’t get outta here alive!” D. Caste shouted. Umi now was frightened, along with the fires spreading all around her, and the rest of the minions circling around her, prodding her with their knives and shredders. Stranger growled angrily, skidding to a stop, then charging at the minions cutting to his partner. He slammed them aside, ramming one in the ribs, and smacking the other one in to the fire. D. Caste was the only one left out of the entire hideout. He growled irritatingly. “That was only a starter platter fer you, Stranger! It’s my turn, the workout!” D. Caste roared, raising his hammer and rushing after Stranger. He stayed hunched down in front of Umi, waiting his turn to move. He jumped aside, and D. Caste brought down his hammer meters away from Umi. His nails got caught in the soft wood, him tugging hardly at it to break it free. Stranger took his opportunity, and stampeded towards the helpless Outlaw, his head down low. D. Caste saw the stranger coming for him, his head low. He tugged violently at his hammer now, frantically watching Stranger as he got closer. Seconds later, D. Caste felt a sharp pain impact his ribs, feeling them cave in to his insides. He let out a heavy groan, flinging back down on the boarded floor. He felt a heat touch his arms and head. He looked up immediately, seeing that he was inside the fire on the sidelines. He screamed back up, flailing his self around, patting out the flesh that was on fire. Stranger, meanwhile, recovered from his side impact with the Outlaws’ side, his head throbbing in pain. He saw the Outlaw screaming and running around with his skin on fire. He shook his head to fix his sight, then grinned devilishly. He lowered his head again, and kicked off the boards, heading straight for D. Caste. He felt another seering pain, this time, in his behind, sending him flying back in to the flames. And this time, he didn’t get back up. The flames engulfed him entirely, the burn flashing all over his nerves, exploding in pain. He knew it was over, and that’s how he ended it. Giving up intentionally, and being eaten by the flames. Stranger shook his head from the throbbing pain he had left in his skull. He looked around, only seeing red-hot flames beginning to take over the hideout. He saw Umi, crying loudly and stressing hardly to break free. He rushed over to her, untying her from the ropes, and letting her down. She didn’t part away from Stranger. Instead, she clung on to him, like he was velcro, tightly around the waist, her eyes shining of fright. She quivered something scarce he couldn’t hear, but he put his hands around her, trying in any way to comfort her so they could get out. There was a loud crack at the top of them. The fire had spreaded above them on to the roof. A beam on the roof came tumbling down with a few flames crackling. Stranger leaped aside, as the beam came down. It fortunately, made a big hole in the floor, and led down in the fortress. He placed Umi on his back, she still clinging on for dear life, and he kicked off down the beam. The fire was spreading quicker, eating up the beam they’d gone down through and engulfing the walls around them. The top of the attic came down behind them. Luckily they weren’t trapped behind it. A straight-away, leading right to a window and the flames beginning at the sidelines. He took his chances, and sprinted with all his muscles down to the window. Umi squeaked, and burried her head in to his back. He leaped off high enough to hit the window and break through. Shards of glass pricked at his skin, he slid down the window pane, and thumped down on the ground. Minions were all around the hideout, watching as the Steef got away. The fortress exploded in to a giant cloud of smoke and flames in a giant bolero. Minion bodies also shot out of the windows of the hideout, making a whistling sound off in to the rainy night. He ran down a giant tunnel, heading off on to a roof of a giant house. He slowed down, keeping his hoof beats silent as possible as he trekked on to the tin roof of the house. He could hear Clakkers, speaking around a dinner table and dinner china dinging with the silverware.
“Ya know? I’ve never seen a Steef ‘round here in ages...Pass the ‘taters,” a male Clakker said. Stranger peered through the window, pressing hard on it to make a creaking sound and cracks growing on it. Then, then window broke in to large pieces of glass, raining down on the Clakkers and their dinner conversation. Stranger fell down as well, smacking himself on the dinner table, making it snap in to two. The Clakkers began to quiver in fear, screaming a shouting around. “Oh! It’s a Steef! It’s a Steef! P-please don’t eat us, Mr. Steef!” a female and male cried, running further in to their homes. Another male broke through a wooden gate, only leaving its shape in it, more likely a cartoonish action. Stranger broke down the fence blocking the way outside, and stepped out. He felt large raindrops splatter over his dampened brown hair, and shook it off. The Clakkers around Dusky Hollow jumped in fear, seeing the Steef emerge out from the house.
“Oh! A Steef’s runnin’ ‘round town! Quick, get the children and hide them, ‘fore it bites their heads off!” a female Clakker screamed, rushing three child Clakkers in to a trailer home, and locking it up. Gun ports from towers began to open up. The gates in town were closing. They were trapped.
“Hey! There’s a Steef ‘round town! Shoot it down, so’s I can get that bounty from that Sekto guy!” a Clakker shouted over the intercom of the town.
“It can hear you, Joel!” another Clakker yelled in the background. “Who cares! Steef’s are stupid creatures! They can’t understand us!” the Clakker shouted, and clicked off the intercom. Stranger, becoming more frustrated, hid under a canopy from the gun turrets, the bullets tanging off the metal, leaving small dents. He saw further out in front of him another window lower in to a house. He quickly charged off from under the canopy, and crashed down through the window. No Clakkers were inside, which was good. He broke through the front doors, exiting out of the town faster than a Stingbee. He could hear the Clakker ramble all over the intercom, shouting out to the town and wondering where the Steef had gone to. He kept running, until he dropped off from a cliff, slamming in to the mud. Umi flung off Stranger’s back, rolling in to a boulder that stopped her from going on. Stranger wiped off the mud covering his face, and ran up to Umi, who was still slightly crying. He knew she had a rough night, too much that she couldn’t handle. He picked her up, standing her up straight on the ground. She knelt on the wet grass, wiping her eyes of tears, then felt a deep anger beginning to fire up through her stomach.
“It’s over, Umi. We’re safe now,” Stranger said, running his fingers through her hair. She looked up, he noticing a spark of anger in her eyes.
“You...lied to me,” Umi said nearly calm. Stranger pulled back from her, with a confused grin on him. “What? How’d I lie to yeh?” Stranger asked, feeling himself lying to her again. “You lied to me! Remember, back in Buzzarton? I asked you if you weren’t lying to me! How could you do this to me!?” she slammed her fists in to the watered grass, diverting her angry gaze away from him. “You don’t know how bad this makes me feel. We’re friends, Stranger! Friends don’t lie to each other! What you did is just broke my trust, to you,” Umi said, tears running down with the rain splattering on her cheeks. Stranger didn’t reply, but his gaze kept on Umi, his glowing eyes darkening. She stood up from him, walking away with arms wrapped around her, walking under a tree canopy that kept some of the rain off of her.
‘Let ‘er go, Stranger...She ain’t too happy with yeh,’ Stranger thought, his head limping down. He curled himself up with his legs, using his arms under his head to keep off the wet grass. Rain continued to splatter all over him, soaking his overalls and his fur. He sniffled a little, wishing that his partner was there with him, to make sure she was safe. But winning back her trust was going to be a bigger thought, and that’s what he fell asleep with.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 09-24-2005 at 05:43 AM..
09-22-2005, 11:59 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

GASP! But we still haven't how Umi feels about all this. But it had me on the edge of my seat. I'm writing as fast as I can fer mine, but this chapter is like huge and I've been down for the count sickness wise, anyway, lookin' forward ter more.

09-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Oh, you can bet how Umi feels right now...

My main page ^^

09-24-2005, 05:55 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Told'ja she'd do her nut...Stranger had it comin' to him didn't he...still...bit depressin'...

09-24-2005, 05:57 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I know. THat's how I make it: Depressing, but fluffy

My main page ^^

09-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

THE MASK REMOVED, A NEMESIS REVEALED.

The morning sky opened with red and orange and the sun peeking overtop the tall hills that surrounded them. Morning dew soaked grass blades, the air soaked from last night’s storm. Birds chirped in to the morning, fluttering off from the damp trees. Stranger felt his mind wakening from his deep thoughts that he held last night, and popped open his eyes. His neon eyes came to life, brightening up with a green tint. He moved around, stretching out his legs and arms. He sat up, shaking off the beads of water stuck on strands of his fur, smacking his lips together. He remembered something that he had nearly forgotten. The bounty of the Steef head. And Sekto. He growled at the name, just thinking of it made him angry to the core. He was the one who started all this, with D. Caste Raider. He would not allow this to happen to him. Then there was Umi. Herself was still up for a bounty, and he knew who by. He would definitely would let Umi down to Sekto, no matter the odds. He looked over to the tree she laid, curled in a tight ball with her hands under her head and her knees tucked tightly in to her chest. He smiled at her sleeping state, trotting quietly to her. Birds scattered off the branches of the tree, droplets of water splattering over her face. She cringed at the coolness, moaning and wiping off the water from her face. She opened an eye, the sun softly peeking in to her eye, then she began to move uneasily around, reaching her arms out, then touched Stranger’s hoof. She jumped, holding herself up near the tree, then let out a tense sigh.
“Scared the hell outta me...” Umi growled, putting a hand on her head and looking down. Stranger scratched his head nervously.
“You’s...uh...” he said, searching for the right words. “...still, mad at me?” Umi looked at him with one eye, then back down, she standing up with her arms around her. She didn’t reply, but looked down at the grass, having a rock-hard frown and her brows furrowed down a little. He knew the answer already. He looked over behind the boulder he slept in front of, seeing a narrow tunnel with lit torches crackling down. “Well, c’mon. We’s got’s a way to go,” Stranger gazed back down to Umi. She didn’t even glance at him, but followed off from him near the tunnel. He sighed heavily. He knew that winning her trust back would be a hard task. The tunnel was practically made of native buildings, built in the walls of the tunnel. Little hand-made stools sat out of each door of the houses and a shelf of carved fishing poles hung off near the end of the tunnel. Painted clay pottery stood off the side from a brick-made ledge, leading down to the tops of multi-colored tin roofs. Stranger stopped at the ledge, gazing down at the bottom below. They recognized the village, from the very moment they looked at it, when they fell out from the Fish-head temple, rescuing Eugene Ius. They fell off the ledge, stumbling upon the Grubb village. Many cheers and excited yells began to uproar around them. The Grubbs of the village began to gather around the arrival of the Steef. There was a Grubb that seemed more powerful to the others, with purple painted stripes on her jaw, and a grand headpiece that looked like horns to me. She had light purple eyes, locked joyously on Stranger. I will now tell you the prophecy of Stranger, and the human.
“Steef! Steef, you made it! Yeah!” the Leader Grubb jumped high in front of Stranger and Umi.
“Made it? Huh? It was you’s, that cut me down, ‘n saved me from them Outlaws?” Stranger asked surprised a little to the excitement of the Grubbs. “Yeah, it was us, dude. ‘Cause, we need your help! You see, this Sekto demon, has stolen our water, and…and he’s payin’ these Wolvarks, to shoot at us if we go back to our village. And now, he wants to kill us all!” Leader made a slicing motion under her chin with her hand. Stranger’s lip flared up in anger. “Sekto…that sicko has a price on mine an’ Umi’s head. Gonna need a boat, to head upriver, to get to his dam…” Stranger then scratched the back of his head, “…you’s guys…got a boat?” Leader nodded. “Uh-huh. See, it’s hidden in the secret waterfall cave, but to get to the cave, you have to pass that Wolvark facility, and, they’re really dangerous, dude. So, you’re gonna have to watch your back,” Leader explained. Then, another Grubb on Stranger’s right approached them, with heavy-looking armor folded upon its arm, and also what seemed to look like a new bow.
“Steef dude, here. A new bow, and some sweet armor,” the Grubb offered the green armor to Stranger. He hesitated for a moment, looking at the Grubb first, then back down to the armor. He picked off the armor first, slipping it over his red overalls, and then turned back around to the Grubbs watching him intensely. It felt as if he was wearing his poncho once again, but not like it. Stretchy green material covered his upper arms to his biceps, down to his mid-section, and close to his calves on his four legs. But the entire armor covered his shoulders and mid-section, and part of his back. When they saw him turn back around with armor, then all got down on one knee, and praised to him, putting their heads down and their hands together. “So, uh, wear this proudly, and for your ancestors! Well, it would make ‘em happy if you just… you know, beat his ass ‘r somethin’…” Leader grumbled down to herself.
“Eh…he’s, uh, kinda scrawny for a Steef, don’t’cha think?” one Grubb spoke to the next one next to it. The Grubb just smacked its arm lightly, glaring at it to shut up. Stranger smiled down to all the Grubbs, and then took the bow the Grubb was holding, and slipped it over his left arm. He liked the new bow, but he missed the one he had made. It felt too smooth to him. Umi, next to him, smiled in some greatness towards Stranger, and his new look.
“Love the green on you,” Umi winked her eye. Stranger felt himself blushing under his waterfalls of fur on his jaw.
“Yeh…Wish I, had my ol’ stuff back…” Stranger admitted, but looked around himself to see the armor around him. Three Grubbs, two male and one female, ran up to Umi’s arm, tugging at her arm.
“Yo, human! Come with us! We got something special for you, too!” the female Grubb led her over to an area with a couple bowls with different color liquids in them, and a shelf racked with different assortments of berries and jarred liquids. Stranger followed slowly behind, watching as Umi knelt down near a small stool of the bowls of colors. The male Grubbs held back her hair, while the female mixed around a bowl and held up a large paintbrush, looking the brushes were made of some type of animal’s fur.
“Ok, ok. Now, hold still…” she said, and bringing the brush up to Umi’s cheek, right at the corner of her mouth, with a black paint. “This is a special paint, human. It is permanent, and will never wash off. If you don’t believe us, take a test,” the female dragged a bucket of water and a sponge floating atop the water. Umi hesitated for a second, then squeezed the sponge, and wiped the mark harshly. It left a red spot on Umi’s face, but the paint didn’t come off. Umi’s eyes were open in shock. “Pretty cool, huh?” the female smiled, and then mixed around another bowl of paint, purple this time. She told Umi to hold still once again, and then lightly brushed another stripe of paint on her cheek, this time it was from her upper jaw to near her temple. She felt the paint dry immediately, and then the female Grubb mixed two more bowls, with a red and a black color.
“Lift your head up, and hold still. Don’t try to swallow too much, or I’ll mess up,” she brought up the brush. Umi did as she was told, and brought up her chin from her neck. The brush touched her skin, feeling the Grubb making an S-shape mark with the brush. Umi kept her throat as still as she could, while the Grubb began to make detail with the S-shape mark. She brought back her brush, stared at it for a moment, then nodded. “All done,” it said, bringing up one last bowl.
“What did you do?” Umi was curious. The Grubb smiled at her. “I’ve seen your attitude in battle before, when you passed by our village. We were ordered to spy, well…not particularly spy on you, but watch you. Since it was so fierce, I gave it the dragon symbol, right on your neck. I’ll show it to you when I’m done,” she looked back to the male Grubbs. “Lift her hair, please,” she said, and the males nodded. They bunched her hair, and lifted it as high as their arms could stretch. Then, the female Grubb brought the brush up to her neck. The cool touch of the paint brush made Umi’s neck hairs bristle. She felt the Grubb brushing all the way to her collar bone, on both sides, then paint it in boldly. She squinted at the marking on her neck, then nodded in satisfactory. “Ok! All done! You can take a look now!” she said setting the bowl down, and rushing to the rack of bowls. The Grubbs released her hair gently over the freshly painted mark, and bowed to her front. The female then brought up a brand new-looking mirror up to Umi. She prepared to see what she really looked like now, inhaling deeply, and reflected her image. Her jaw dropped midway to her chest, amazed to see the new markings on her face. Two black stripes reaching near her chin to the corner of her mouth, two long purple stripes from her upper jaw to her temples, and a small snake dragon, well-detailed in the middle of her neck. Two tips of the red Crescent on her back touched her collar bone. She was more than satisfied with the Grubbs work, more than speechless as well.
“T-thank you, ma’am,” Umi sputtered her words. The female smiled sweetly. “Anything for the Steef guardian’s partner. You’ll make history in a legendary part of a Steef guardian’s life. Believe me,” she whispered in her ear. Umi nodded, looking over to Stranger, he waiting patiently under the roof of the canvas area. “Thank you, once again, ma’am. This is amazing to what you did,” Umi bowed her head down slightly. The Grubb only shook her head. “No, no. Thank you, for helping us,” she knelt on one knee, and bowed low. Umi respectfully took the appraisal, and walked over to Stranger, he staring with impressments.
“You look good,” Stranger nodded. “Thanks,” Umi smiled shyly down. There was silence around them, aside from the yelling and screaming playing Grubb children running around the village, and the adult Grubbs chatting to one another. Leader walked up to them in their abrupt silence.
“Well, now! Don’t you two look nice?” Leader commented, and they both nodded. “Now, uh…Oh yeah! You must now venture forth, to the Waterfall cave, so you can travel down-stream to Sekto’s Dam. Good luck to both of you, and may your journey be safe and successful!” Leader raised a fist, along with the others, cheering behind and praising the newly-found Steef guardian. Umi and Stranger smiled at all the Grubbs, and then Stranger looked down to Umi.
“Well, kid. Yeh ready?” Stranger asked, ruffling her hair gently. She smiled mischievously, nodding towards him.
“Ready when you are, partner,” Umi said confidently. “Well, then. Hope on,” he knelt a little, beckoning her to get on his back. She hesitated. “But…why? Won’t I be heavy fer yer back?” Umi raised a brow to his eyes. He let out a small laugh. “Nah. I’m stronger than yeh think, lil’ missy,” Stranger grinned. She still hesitated, he still slightly knelt down to her height. Then she put a hand over his spine, and kicked her leg over his back. She then sat comfortably on the upper half of his back, crossing her arms over his stomach. It felt like sitting on a horse, but had arms to accelerate faster than a regular horse. Then she felt him kick off the weak wooden ramp up to the village, and rode down on the flat lands, away from the village. The Grubbs behind still cheered for their guardians, hoping only for the best for the Steef and his partner.

My main page ^^

09-25-2005, 10:26 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Nice, I like. 'Specially the face paintin' bit, very well written that bit, anyway, hurry up with more and I'll try and update mine ASAP.

09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

T'ain't much, but it's the story...

THE MASK REMOVED, A NEMESIS REVEALED. (cont.)

Stranger was still accelerating, while Umi clung with all her might to stay on his back. Even tears were forming at her eyes.
“It’s too much, Stranger! Slow down! Slow down…” Umi could scarcely speak at the rate of how fast he was going. He heard Umi’s tainted cry, and slowed his pace down. She gasped deeply for air, wiping the tears forming in her eyes.
“You Ok?” he asked. Umi looked up from his back, and nodded shallowly. “Sorry…” he smiled, and trotted fast, but not sprinting. They traveled beside the water’s edge of the Mongo River, also seeing a large facility out in the middle of the river. It was cut in to two parts: One on the far side of the river, and the other on the other side. Towering cranes reached out from each of the facilities, and two guard towers at each side, facing Stranger and Umi. This was going to be a challenge…but they loved a challenge.
“Ok, fellahs! There’s a Steef wanderin’ ‘round the area. And Sekto, the big Cohuna, is payin’ an enormous reward on its head! So if you see’s it, shoot it down!” the master speakers outside the facility shouted with one Wolvark’s loud rumbly voice. They could hear some loud acknowledgments across at both sides of the facility, shouting and hooting at the announcement the Wolvark made. He jumped over a small stream of water trailing out of a barred-off pipe that was built in a small dam, then ran up a small slope, leading up to the main entrance on the open facility. The roof was covered in large and tall crates, different colors. Yellow-skinned, uniformed, ugly creatures patrolled the facility roof, holding similar rifles that the outlaws held back in the Mongo Valley. Snipers were in the guard towers, while regular machine gunners held their ground at the bottom.
“That’s right. The company bar-be-cue is this Saturday, so don’t ferget, it’s BYOB. And check out them new Shock tanks, in stores now,” another Wolvark announced, and then fell silent with a quick screech of feedback. Stranger, who was dying to use his new ammunition, sneaked down by the side of the guard tower, with a ladder leading up to the unsuspecting Wolvark, with a Sniper laser. He loaded on his Super Stingbees, which was a new addition to his pouch, and Bola Blast, a bigger spider, with thorns sticking out of its abdomen and had a red stripe painted on its back as well. The Stingbee had triple-stingers, had four extra blue eyes, and its skin color was a burnt orange. These new ammo types were going to be vicious.
“Stay here, Umi. I’ll be back in a second,” Stranger whispered, and quietly climbed up the ladder to the Wolvark sniper. Its tail faced Stranger, as he crawled up the side, and unlocked his bow. The Wolvark heard a series of clicks, and slowly turned around. But before it could scream out intruder, the Bola Blast spider wrapped up the Wolvark, with exceptional force, nearly dragging it to the brink of falling off the guard tower, and plummeting to the water. He used his bow’s new vacuum to suck up the Wolvark, making the Wolvark ammo chow. He jumped down from the tower and in front of Umi.

My main page ^^

10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Sorry, folks. Fer bein' off er so long. But I am gonna be off fer some more time. (Like any y'all give a damn...) But, I've taken the liberty of still continuing my story off-line, at my school. During freetime...So no need to fret. The story will go on! You can count on it!

Author that ain't givin' up
Umi

My main page ^^

10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
POSTING FOR DARK ELITE_H2!!!

SECRETS, CLAWS, AND ENEMIES-A Stranger's demise (cont.)

They knew their bounty hunting days were over, and quite frankly, Umi was the saddest about it. She loved to beat the snot out of Outlaws, using the moolah they got for it to Stranger’s operation bill. She thought it was the funnest thing after Covenant killing back on Halo.
She tightened her scarf that held up her hair, the patterns of the three dark dragons on each side seeming to come to life as it wafted softly in the wind. She followed Stranger, he pulling behind one of the many crates on the facility roof. There were rows of cranes that made a spine along the edge down to the fast-rushing water of the Mongo River. He watched the crate swing heavily with the slight winds blowing across, where he got the most menacingly plan formulated in his mind for the patrolling Wolvarks.
“’Ey, stinky. Les’ do this, huh?” a Howler Punk grinned a crooked smile. He set the Howler down under the hovering crate, and it began to chatter irritatingly out to the Wolvarks walking away from the cranes. They spun back around, grinning madly down at the rat spewing sentences of lewd and vulgar insults.
“Good…” Stranger whispered in a satisfying growl. Next came a Zapp Fly. The bug charged up with its abdomen glowing an electric blue, and tiny sparks scattered over the bow entirely. The driver’s box held out some of the controls to the crane, especially a familiar-looking one, with a red button on the top and a metal handle at the bottom. He grinned ferally, then shot the Zapp Fly at the lever. The impact was strong enough to snap down the lever without pressing the button or holding down the handle below. A faint hum they heard die all of a sudden under the Wolvarks and the Howler Punk. The Howler gazed up with the Wolvarks in suspense.
“Whoa…I’m outta ‘ere,” it quivered with no fear, then scrambled away from under the crate. The Wolvarks stood in place, watching curiously at the crate. One gave a frightened scream, as the crate began to barrel down on the Wolvarks. The others began to do the same, flailing their arms around, awaiting their quick but painful death. Stranger continued to watch the frightened Wolvarks scream for their lives. A quick 3 seconds, and…BOOM. The crate landed upon the Wolvarks with a earth-shuddering quake. Blood-curdling screams and grotesque crunches were all left of the Wolvarks when the crane lifted the crate back up. Umi shuddered at the remaining thought left from the Wolvarks.
“Even if they were such bad guys, I wouldn’t want to do that to such a creature…” Umi sighed heavily. Loud rumbles of Wolvark voices began to uproar in confused and suspicious growls, as heavy pitter-patter of their shoes clamped down on the cement. Sounded like three Wolvarks coming to check out the fallen crate and the patrols of the first company. But what they got was a hard-hitting Bolamite Bola blast around their arms and legs. They growled angrily, writhing out from their trap slowly, but not fast enough. He bountied them up quickly while he had the chance.
“A company, report!” the Wolvarks voice came out the speakers again. There was a brief silence, then a loud feedback. “Anyone there from A company?” it asked again, then fell silent. The Wolvarks’ voice came up in nervousness. “Uh, sir. We lost A company…” it said, then the microphone clicked off. A bridge lowered down from the other facility lower to the one they were on. Two Wolvarks stood at each side, seeing the Steef and the human cross without notice.
“Hey! There’s that Steef! C’mere, you purdy Steef!” it coaxed sarcastically, running over to Stranger.
“Joe, no! You dunno what that thing can do ter you!” the other Wolvark shouted, then eyed at the human next to Stranger. “Well, what do we have ‘ere?” it said, following behind his comrade. They cocked back their guns from safety, and pointed it at one another. Umi held out her Needler, and Stranger shot down a few Rabid Fuzzles. The first one tried to stop from stepping upon the Fuzzles, but it was a little too late, and a bit too close. The Fuzzles roared on to the Wolvark, knocking him down on the cement. It screamed painfully, tripping over the metal frame of the bridge, and plummeted to the fast-rushing waters of the Mongo River. It squealed loudly, flailing around in the water, trying to keep its head up from the water. The current carried away the Wolvark, it quickly disappearing under the water. The last one didn’t stoop for the Steef’s trick, but fired out its shots. Umi knelt down on one leg, firing out her entire clip of needles. They fluttered slowly towards the Wolvark, it watching and chuckling at the flurry of pink crystalline needles, not knowing the danger they held in such a big pack.
“Wow. Din’t know humans used such sissy weapons…Heh, shooting pink lil’ fairies, ‘n whatnot…” it snickered. When one stuck in to it, the Wolvark only laughed. But when the group of needles stuck in, it actually howled out in pain. The needles detonated in to a pink dust, the remains of the Wolvark splitting everywhere. The others behind the walls growled, the clicks of their weapons reloading and their heavy footsteps thumping on the gravel. Stranger loaded up on the Super Stingbees he hadn’t used yet, and also Boom-bat Seekers, a regular, but lighter Boom-bat with a halo of dynamite stuck in to its skin, and little drones fluttered under its winged ears. An automatic machine turret held in the corner of the facility high above, seeing out beyond the facilities for enemy movement. The turret whirled its one white giant eye to Stranger, and clicked on its machine guns. The turret then automatically shot the bullets out to the Steef, it jumping behind a crate. He stuck his arm over the side of the crate hugging to the barred wall, and hoped that he would hit the turret with the Seeker. Wolvarks began to file up to the crate, they appearing over to Stranger. Umi held them off, while Stranger shot the Boom-bat Seekers off to the turret. A loud rumbling explosion shook down the Wolvarks. He peeked over the Wolvarks and up to the turrets. It was only a smoldering piece of a metal platform that held up the turret. He half grinned, then looked down at the shaken Wolvarks. They were slowly returning to their state, but he wrapped them up simply, and bountied them up. More Wolvarks came out of the facility, rushing and scattering all around the crates around them. Stranger then chose his Spark Stunkz, a lightly-dark green Stunk, wearing a gas mask around its face. Its glass goggles revealed two small black eyes looking around innocently at Stranger and Umi. He looked around the crate again, seeing the Wolvarks standing in different places. He laid down a mass of Rabid Fuzzles to his point of using the Spark Stunkz, then looked intently at the Wolvarks again. He placed down the Stunkz, and its ability proved very useful. A strong smell-like vacuum sucked the surrounding Wolvarks out to the spot it was placed, right on top of the Fuzzles as well. The Fuzzles leaped up on the soaring Wolvarks coming down from their mid-air jump. Stranger left them to their painful moments with the Fuzzles, and passed by them. He stopped at a head of a ramp, leading near the river’s edge. The water at the end was merely a stream, flowing slowly out of a giant sewer pipe. He gave a confident grin, walking down the ramp. There was a bend in the gate, the bars bent back by some unnatural force.
“Those sewers should lead us right in to tha’ facility,” Stranger pointed, Umi coming up from behind him. Umi nodded in agreement.
“Lead the way, buddy,” Umi held her back to him, her face peeking over her shoulder. He jumped down from the ledge, his feet soaking in with the shallow water trickling out of the pipe. Umi followed behind, strapping her weapon back on her belt. She kept close to Stranger, well aware there would be a surprise attack at any time. The sewers were straight, with a sharp turn right in the middle. He broke down the doors locking them out from going inside, and continued. He kept his hoof steps to a dim clip-clop sound, not to alert any unsuspecting Wolvark that was around. There was a faint Wolvarks noise coming through the speakers of the facility.
“Man, that new boss is a son of a bi- Oh! The mic’s still on! Oh shi-!“ then the speakers fell silent. Fog slivered throughout the sewer, through another wooden-blocking door. He busted through the doors, a cleaved out to a large, dampened-smelling part of the underground facility. It was slightly rounded, with a thin covering of fog swirling at their feet.
“Ok, boys! We have word that there’s a Steef ‘ere in the facility. If yeh’s sees’s it, shoot it down!” the Wolvark’s voice came out again in a sudden moment. Like they didn’t notice, they moved on through the facility’s underground, bashing through the doors that blocked their way. A soft bend filled up with loud Wolvark voices, the fog increasing on the floor. Buzzing, light advertising signs of “Sekto’s bottled water company” hummed off in rows on the walls of the dampened dark halls of the facility. Umi kept a hovering hand over her Needler in defense, while Stranger held down his bow on his arm. They pressed against a stack of metal crates, hearing only the Wolvarks slow footsteps, and their somber breathing.
His Stingbees buzzed a buggy noise, and the Fuzzles growled ominously at the user, he still looking over the crates, watching the Wolvarks slowly approach. The Wolvarks stopped a second near the crates, one sniffing at the air, and gave a grumble in suspicion.
“Someone’s in ‘ere,” it growled. The other two turned to him curiously.
“What’cha smell, Jiff?” a Wolvark asked. “Something…that doesn’t belong ‘ere…” he growled again.
“What the hell you mean by tha’? Yer not a hound dog, Jiff. It’s probably you smellin’ yerself,” a Wolvark next to it sneered. Jiff lifted an arm, whiffing at his pit, then gave a whistle in disgust. “Yer right…” he said, frowning a little. The Wolvark rolled its eyes. “Dumbass…” it muttered, continuing to walk with his troop. Right after they began to walk again, Fuzzles began to fly down in front of them suddenly, the fur balls immediately pouncing on the Wolvarks, and they howling out loudly, echoing down the narrow hallway.
“You go on ahead! I’ll take care o’ ‘em, just don’t go too far from my sights,” Stranger said to Umi loudly over the screaming Wolvarks. Umi dare not to argue, but jumped over the rolling-around Wolvarks, wrestling off the Fuzzles clamping on to them like a magnet. She heard a stinging buzzing sound coming behind her. Stranger was dosing on the Wolvarks that managed to rub off the Fuzzles with his Stingbees. She kept her head over her shoulder, while running down the curving hall. A door right next to her she passed snapped open with a loud, quick squeak, with a trio of Wolvarks standing inside the elevator. She heard the quick snap, and stood down on one knee, holding out her Needler. The Wolvarks roared in command, they beginning to fire with their semi-automatic weapon. She rolled aside, and began to fire her entire clip of needles at the Wolvarks, swerving her arm side-to-side so that each Wolvark would get the same amount of needles to kill them. But things were about to get worse.
She heard a click, like a telegraph would make, and looked at her weapon. The needle holes were empty of the cartridge. She slipped down near her belt to reach for another cartridge, but her worst fears came to her. She didn’t feel the rounded tip of the Needler cartridge, and she frantically ripped off her belt to see if she was imagining things, but it was true. She had no more ammo for her Needler. The Wolvark chuckled maliciously, taking advantage of the defenseless human. It whipped its butt of its rifle right at her chin, then throwing aside the human hardly against a stack of crates. She grunted loudly and painfully from the bump that caused her sight to blur, seeing the feint outline of the Wolvark’s yellow skin and blue uniform coming right to her feet. She felt a swelling sensation coming right to her chin where the Wolvark struck, then feeling another strike come across her left cheek, her neck snapping with the inertia of the Wolvark’s hit. The Wolvark held itself for a moment, to see if the human would try to take a hit to it. Then, began to brawl on Umi with its gun only. She felt the painful hits of the Wolvarks gun hit all over her face, even in her stomach. The Wolvark held down again, grinning devilishly at the weakened human.
“Give up, human? You wanna go quietly, or do I have to kill you?” the Wolvark said in a low, coaxing voice. Umi looked up to the Wolvark, spitting a splatter of blood on the ground before it.
“I’d die first before anyone takes me hostage,” Umi growled, her lip up over her teeth. “Devotion won’t get you anywhere, punk,” it lowered itself to her face, breathing a skanky smell in to her nostrils. She didn’t care of the smell, but what the Wolvark was going to do next. The Wolvark frowned angrily, lifting back up straight. “Fine, then! You don’t wanna play my way, then I’ll do it yer way!” it shouted, raising its rifle above the top of her head. The rifle came half-way down near her head, when a loud roar rumbled through the Wolvark, startling it with its arms cringing back to its chest. Stranger skidded between the Wolvark and Umi, facing the Wolvark sideways. Umi opened her eyes to see four legs, hunched down in a protective stance in front of her, and a large body hunched down as well. His eyes gleamed angrily at the Wolvark, his eyes brighter green and sparking with fury. Stranger kept his arms up near his ribs, his muscles tense. The Wolvark quivered in fear, hearing the Steef growl lowly at it. The Wolvark then dropped its weapon down on the ground, holding its arms up, sweat dripping down the side of its head.
“N-n-nice…Steef. I ain’t gonna hurt yer…human…” it smiled weakly. Stranger balled his fists together, and slammed aside the Wolvark away from him and Umi. The Wolvark flew a good few yards away, it still lying on its belly when it landed, groaning in a pained state, and lay motionless to Stranger’s sight. He huffed out a last angry growl, then turned to Umi, she recovering slowly from the attack the Wolvark laid on her. She slowly began to crawl up, using the wall to support her weakened muscles in her stomach. She rubbed her chin with her palm, then looked up to Stranger with a slight smile.
“Ow,” she said brightly, her eyes shining in a funny way. Stranger felt himself go in to confusion, then chuckled at Umi’s remark.
“You Ok?” he asked, with more concern. She nodded, putting her arm down. “I think the Wolvark gave yeh too many hits on the face fer you to say such a thing,” he smiled halfly. She only shook her head. “Nah. I’ve been through worst. I would show you, but we got other things to take care of,” Umi stated. She had red puffy spots under her chin where the Wolvark struck, and little dots of black and green bruises forming right on the bone. Stranger felt a little grieved to what happened to his partner. He did everything in his power to keep her safe from harm, let alone dead, but it seems failure kept hitting him when he let her alone. Umi looked at him awkwardly, cocking her head to a side.
“What’s up?” Umi asked. Stranger kept looking down from her scintillating look, his grief flooding over him like a wet blanket. Umi grinned concernly, reaching to his furry jaw, and scratched it affectionately. She twittled with his hair between her fingers, looking at his mane of tannish-brown hair. “There’s nothing to worry ‘bout any more, Stranger. I’m fine, you’re fine, we’re all fine. Just as long as we’re together,” Umi said softly. Stranger let out a heavy sigh through his nostrils, he grabbing Umi’s arm and rubbing his head over it.
“Yeah…I know…” he purred, his eye looking to her from his corner. She smiled slightly, knowing now he was relieved from his grief. He turned around to the hallway they were supposed to follow, and squatted down low enough for Umi to swing her leg over his back, and get securely on. He kicked off quickly down the curving hall, now hearing another echo of Wolvarks further down.

The smell of dampness transformed to a nasty, sewer-ish smell. Umi honked under her pinched nose from the disgusting smell, but Stranger didn’t mind. In fact, it was milder than a Stunk’s smell that he didn’t notice.
“Oh…my stomach…” they heard a Wolvark groan distinguishly.
“Why’d I eat that Fuzzle pie?” another grumbled. Bathroom stalls with flies buzzing around held two Wolvark guards, apparently returning from their lunch break with a painful stomach ache. Stranger grinned ferally with a most upsetting plan coming to his mind. He loaded on a Boom-bat Seeker and a few Rabid Fuzzles, aiming below the stalls’ doors to the Wolvarks’ feet and lowered pants. Umi shook her head in disrespect to Stranger.
“That’s not very nice…” Umi whispered in his ear. Stranger grinned up to Umi, his eyes sparkling in mischief.
“I know…” he nodded, looking back to the bathroom stalls. The Fuzzles growled readily, their red-yellow devilish eyes growling at him as well. Stranger released the Fuzzles that bounced under the stalls. The Wolvark inside yelped in surprise, then the Fuzzles struck at it. The feet behind the door danced frantically, screaming and flailing began in the stall. The other Wolvark in the stall yelled out to his partner in surprise, it pulling up its pants, and crashing through the stalls’ doors. It spotted the intruders harassing the guard next door, and began to fire its automatic machine gun, nearly similar to the outlaw Semi-autos’ gun. Stranger ducked down, Umi holding tightly to Stranger across his chest, keeping her head out of the line of fire. He jumped aside, and fired his Boom-bat Seeker at the Wolvark. Three little drones that fluttered under the Boom-bats’ wings spreaded out from under its wings like regular Boom-bats. The explosion was tremendous, larger than a regular Boom-bat. So big, that it actually obliterated the Wolvark to shreds of flesh and bone. The other Wolvark, well, let’s just say he didn’t have to go to the bathroom any more. They continued to move passed through the bathrooms, and now to a large storage room. Giant metal crates stacked upon each other to make perfect ambush points for Stranger and Umi. A ramp led up to another wooden barrier door, guarded with Wolvarks, scattered around the storage area. He didn’t unlock his bow, but kept hunched low under a square area of crates large enough to fit a Steef and a young human on its back. They heard the clopping of the Wolvarks footsteps ramble through the smooth cement-laminated floor. He continued to peek his head out to see where the Wolvark was currently, then when it walked out from the edge of the crates, he snapped back under and listened closely as the creature got closer to where he was. The blue cloth of the Wolvarks uniform peered over to Stranger. His reflexes snapped over to the Wolvark, snatching him under, and knocking him out with his hard skull.
“Huh?” mumbled another Wolvark, his grumbly voice echoing through the large enclosed space they were in. It got suspicious from the quick squeal of the Wolvarks voice. “Billeh? Billeh, where are yeh?” the Wolvark called, the others gathering around the calling Wolvark in curiousness.
“What the hell you doin’?” one asked irritatingly. “I swear I heard something. I think Billy’s gone…’R just playin’ a trick. Like the last time, he stuck a fire cracker in the toilets. When I went, he set ‘em off, and I was more mad at ‘im than my ass were,” it growled at the obtained memory. The others snickered at his memoir, looking away from him and covering their faces with their free hands. The Wolvarks’ head steamed with anger. “Ok! All y’all…get back ter work!” it pointed loudly back behind it. The others obeyed, but still snickered at the Wolvark. Stranger held out from his recent hiding spot, over the crates than led to the group of scattering Wolvarks. Now he unlocked his bow, and loaded on two Bola Blast spiders. Their red eyes glittered under the dull lights lighting up the largely storage room. He saw two Wolvarks heading his way, while the others headed back up the ramp to the barricaded door. Umi hopped off his back, both pressing their backs flatly to the crates. The Wolvarks noticeable yellow skin flashed over the crates. Stranger jumped out, holding the bow literally, to the Wolvarks’ head. The other Wolvark closer behind jumped to a stop, holding its rifle up to the Steef. Stranger grinned a little to both, then fired the two Bola Blasts to the Wolvarks, them dropping their weapons on impact, and sliding to the floor. Stranger slammed on a few Rabid Fuzzles, and shot them out to the Wolvarks further behind. He bountied the wrapped Wolvarks, then ran back to the others busily scrapping off the Fuzzles. He left them to their misery, and broke through the barricaded doors, that led to a winding ramp upstairs to a glass door. Wolvarks were everywhere on the ramp up, more automatic machine guns than regular semi-autos, which posed a greater threat. And since Umi had no other weapon to use to get rid of most of them, she had no way of helping Stranger when he needed it the most, especially since he was a Steef up for a bounty. But Stranger had a better idea, involving his Snuzi darts.
He zoomed in on his snooper/sniper, and watched the Wolvarks further up wander aimlessly around the winding ramp. He got a shot on one head, and let the Snuzi dart take it out. The Wolvark in front of the killed let out a brief yelp, snapping its gaze around suspiciously. It, too, went down with the headless Wolvark. The guards at the head of the ramp began to trot back up to where their comrades patrolled, cocking their weapons off of safety.
“That Steef’s ‘ere…I know’s it,” a Wolvark growled, holding its weapon up close to its chest. Its suspicions were as good as the others. It looked down to the entrance to the staircase, seeing a hairy, but shadowy-looking character, holding some type of weapon up above its shoulders. But before it could call out to the intruder, a sharp pain ran clean through its skull, leaving a bloody hole on its forehead. It tumbled down as if it were a frozen statue, then the others began to notice what happened to its team leader. They saw where the Wolvark was last looking, and shot a glance at the entrance, seeing the shadowy figure as well, receding back in to the shadows. They shouted a command, and began to fire randomly at the doorway. Cement shrapnel began to flurry up to their faces, stinging in the places the stones shot. Stranger waited for the Wolvark to stop and reload its weapon, then shot out behind a support beam that held the heavy roof up over them. The Wolvarks looked up from their weapons, noticing no movement at all from their rounds of hailing bullets. Little puckered holes at where they shot were all they could see; no overcast of the creatures’ shadow, nor the shadow peeking to them with sharp luminous green eyes. They began to mutter to themselves like they always did, saying they probably scared off the creature, or maybe they wounded it. They began to turn back around and go back to their original posts, when they felt themselves being hit and tied together with a thick coating of white sticky web. They growled angrily for letting their guard down so easily, and began to struggle through the wrapping. Their heads tilted back to see the same shadowed figure emerge from behind the beam, its color coming in to a tannish-brown mane of fur, and devilish green eyes.
“The Steef! The Steef!” they muffled loudly, trying with more effort to wrangle out of their ensnared selves. The Steef grinned heinously to each of them, now knowing that it wouldn’t let them go out alive. They felt a strong suction begin around them, their tarnished webs now breaking off, but clawing to the ground to escape the dark hole they were being sucked in to. The others now fretted with fear, not wanting the fate that happened to one of their comrades happen to them. Too late for them, as the Steef bountied each of them in to its vacuum and becoming more than trapped with angry, growling, carnivorous critters, beginning to chew at their augments.
Umi looked down at the weapons the two dead Wolvarks laid, and picked one up. She inspected it for a moment, finding out how exactly to use it. It was nearly similar to the MA5B Assault rifle she used once back on Halo when she had no weapons she’s rather use than a hard-handling human weapon, only the variant of it wasn’t exactly the same. She slung the shoulder strap over her head, and picked up some extra ammo from the second automatic weapon, and clipped it to her belt with her dead, useless weapons. Stranger grinned down to her concernly.
“You know how ter use such a weapon, kid?” Stranger asked. Umi gave a shrug with one shoulder.
“Eh…I think I can manage. If not, I’ll just nab a semi-auto,” Umi said. Stranger gave a huff, but accepted her thought, and trotted up to the glass doors. He broke through them, rather than just opening it casually. A similar hallway they passed through back downstairs curved softly down to an elevator-looking containment. Wolvarks stood in a line of six, each marching behind one another like a marching band. They faced to where Stranger and Umi entered through, and gave a bark of surprise. Semi-autos took the first step, kneeling down on a knee and firing three repeating shots out to the intrusions. Stranger letted a pack of Fuzzles tackle on them, they wailing back behind the row of automatics now.
“Step back, Stranger. It ain’t safe ‘round me with one of these kind’a weapons,” Umi warned, as she stood in front of Stranger, knelt down, and popped the pin from safety. The Wolvarks kept a curious eye on the human now stepping up to plate with one of their own weapons. She clenched her teeth together, remembering what a weapon she held would do to her entire small, little body, and held down the trigger. The weapon shuddered violently, as shots among shots spewed out of the gun barrel, hailing down to the Wolvarks, now running around nervously, as the shots began to strike upon the Wolvarks. Umi felt herself shudder off from the line of fire, moving slightly aside, but she kept a steady hand on the holster below the gun to keep her arm steady from moving away from the target. Stranger watched her handle the weapon with such expertly experience, and nodded in impressments. The Wolvarks began to trip down dead, one by one, blood beginning to trail under the dead stack of bodies. She halted her fire, when she noticed that all targets were down for the count. The gun barrel smoked hotly from the continuously-streaming bullets let out from the ammo chamber. She lowered the gun to the floor, letting out a surprised sigh, and turned around to Stranger, with a grin of pride.
“Nice work, kid. That was very impressive,” Stranger chuckled, placing a hand upon her head. She still felt a little shaken from the weapons’ firing, but it would rub off within the next hour or so, she knew from the experience back on Halo.
“I…think I’ll use this fer a little while longer. Just for some defense,” Umi raised the weapon above her head, pinning it back in to safety. Stranger let out a snicker, hunching down to Umi so she could get on. He walked quickly down to the elevator-looking containment, and entered it, clicking an activation button on. The doors behind them snapped shut, then a few seconds later, the doors in front of them opened. They heard the fast-rushing waters of the Mongo River flow beneath them.

“Ah! The Wolvarks are invading! Run! RUUUN! Oww! My legs! My legs! They’re-they’re gone! Oh wait…they’re right there……RUUUN!” a Grubb cried, running crazily with a mob of Grubbs fleeing from the Wolvark-infested village. Stranger skidded at the head of the village, letting fearful Grubbs scramble passed him. Umi jumped off his back, now seeing a bigger mob of yellow pale-skinned, blue-uniformed, ugly SOB come down from the highest point of the village. Houses ran on fire, gunshots stuck out of the stone walls, and dead, bullet-torn bodies of Grubbs laid scattered around the grass. Hell was already unleashed on the poor, defenseless Grubbs.
Stranger growled angrily, unlocking his bow, and hunching down slightly for the first Wolvark to show its ugly face. Umi reloaded her automatic, and cocked it off of the safety, holding her finger closely on the trigger. Bombs began to fly with a sparkling trail of blue and white, overhead to Stranger and Umi. He snatched Umi away from the bombs landing on the ground, making a high-pitched beeping sound-off to detonation. Wolvarks that threw the bombs came down a ramp from the heart of the village, where they landed at first from Dusky Hollow. The Wolvarks wielded a long, wide police shield, visors over their eyes, and threw out the same exact bombs that nearly got them. Stingbees were the first ones to be fired out upon the Wolvarks, but their shields, however, blocked off all the projectiles Stranger shot at them. But could they block his punches? They were to find out real soon. He ran up to the head Wolvark, and snatched him up. The other two threw bombs at him, but used the Wolvark he held as a shield. When the bombs beeped off the detonation time, he tossed the Wolvark in to the others, and took a step back. They wrangled off the time bomb, but the Wolvark was just too heavy.
“You need to lose some weight, fat ass!” the Wolvark grunted.
“Well, I won’t be losin’ any weight to where we’re going!” the top Wolvark sneered.
“Where we goin’?” the last one asked. The top one grinned hatefully at the Wolvark whom stated. “STRAIGHT TO HE-“ the bombs detonated in to a flurry of dirt and blood. Burning flesh began to waft in to the air. Stranger and Umi passed the burning corpses, up to the point where Stranger received his armor and Umi got her stripes painted. Wolvarks shoved down the shelves of liquid paints and brushes, kicking on the ground the exact same Grubb whom gave her the stripes. Her anger flurried up in an instant she saw that, and stormed off to the Wolvark. She lifted her gun to the Wolvark, snickering at the poor Grubb. Then, it felt a cold shape press upon its boney skull, and stood frozen.
“You think its funny, pushin’ down these li’ Grubbs?” she said between her tightly gripped teeth. The Wolvark whimpered a squeak. Then she gave out a little chuckle. “I ain’t laughin’,” she frowned, then held down the trigger. The Wolvark heard the click of the rifle she held, then only felt a quick, searing pain run through its skull, and fell blank. The Grubb held in a fetal position tightly in to a corner near its door to its home. Umi walked over to the Grubb. The Grubb gave a bright smile.
“Oh, thank you, human! I can’t even begin to say, how much gratitude I have for you for saving my worthless life!” she squealed with joy.
“Worthless?” Umi tugged her up by her arm. “Don’t say that. None y’all are worthless,” Umi grinned. “Now, I suggest you get the hell outta ‘ere, uh…” she looked at the Grubb. The Grubb looked confusedly at Umi, then her eyes brightened. “Name’s Jala. And yes, I shall!” she nodded, then ran passed Umi. What Jala didn’t notice was the Wolvark hiding in the berry bushes that they used to make their paint. The Wolvark snatched her up, covering her mouth with its grubby, dirty hand. Jala screamed through its muffling hand, trying to look up to Umi. She sneered hatefully down at the Wolvark, and raised her rifle to her cheek, and used the crosshairs to get a straight shot at the Wolvark. But there was a problem: the Wolvark held Jala high enough to get her too. There was only one option left. Get it the stealthily way.
She slipped out her knife from her pocket, and held it between her teeth. She kept crouched low, and jumped down from the ledge under the berry bushes. The Wolvark mumbled deviously in to Jala’s ear of something threatening that made her struggle harder from the Wolvark. Umi was right at the back of the Wolvark, and held position for a moment. The Wolvark could turn around any second if she jumped now. When she was sure the Wolvark wouldn’t move, she pounced upon its back, and held back its throat so its chin would lift from its neck. The Wolvark dropped Jala, gagging loudly from the thing holding it back.
“Run, Jala! RUN!” Umi shouted between the knife in her teeth. She nodded quickly, and scurried off from her. She slipped out the knife from her teeth, and held it to the Wolvarks’ throat. The Wolvark felt the cold blade touch upon its disfigured pale yellow flesh. She didn’t say anything, but rip the blade across its throat in a blink of an eye, then pushed off of the Wolvark. Red blood trickled heavily from its throat, the Wolvark dropping to its knees, holding its throat and making throaty noises. Umi folded her knife back in to her breast pocket and watched the Wolvark slowly die. It cringed in to a slight ball, making one last gurgly noise, and fell dead. Umi saw a mass of Grubbs behind her run passed her and down out of the village. She saw Stranger, fighting off a trio of Wolvark with Rabid Fuzzles and Riot Slugs, a more-spikey Thud Slug, with blue eyes and a purple encasing. Stranger moved as far back to Umi as he could. She knelt on one knee, and shot them down one by one with the rifle. When that trio was down, all the Wolvarks that had invaded were gone. Umi and Stranger smiled gratefully to one another, the Grubbs receding out of their homes, glancing around at the dead bodies. They began to gather around Stranger and Umi, cheering loudly at their saviors. But then, a loud hum zoomed overhead in to the blood-red sky. A blimpy-looking dropship flew overhead, lowering to the ground. They weren’t done yet. And they won’t be until every last Wolvark invading the village is dead. The Grubbs began to scream in chaos again, flailing around with their heads snapped up in the air.
“No…” Stranger growled angrily. He looked down to Umi. “Umi,” he addressed. She turned to him. “I need’s yeh to evacuate the village. Make sure every Grubb ‘ere is out of harm’s way,” Stranger said firmly. Umi stuttered in her throat.
“But, Stranger! You can’t take them all on!” Umi said with her arms spread out. Stranger shook his head. “It’s too dangerous fer you. Go help the Grubbs. I’m more concerned of the Wolvarks right now, and the safety of the Grubbs now depends on you,” Stranger said. Umi’s eyes sparkled objectively. “I know you wanna help me, but please. Don’t argue this time. It’s my duty to keep the Grubbs safe and you as well,” Stranger said in a softer tone. Umi let out a nasally sigh, looking down. “Fine. I’ll help the Grubbs. Just, don’t get yerself in to deep trouble. I can’t be lookin’ after you,” Umi grinned playfully to him. Stranger smiled down to her. “I’m supposed ter look after you, kid,” he ruffled her hair. The dropship was hovering over the land now, and the flaps underneath opened, literally dropping a mass of Wolvarks on the grass.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 10-18-2005 at 06:51 AM.. : More Story
10-18-2005, 06:52 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Sheesh, am I the only one reading this????

Yeh well, I think it's great so there.

10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Eh...it's ok. At least I know I've got a supporter on me side...

My main page ^^

10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
STILL POSTING FOR DARK ELITE_H2

THE MASK REMOVED, A NEMESIS REVEALED...(cont.)

Stranger shot off Boom-bat Seekers off to the mass of Wolvarks dropped on the grass. The Wolvarks were flung off, their bodies in a flash of flames shrouding their blue ugly uniforms. Some others recovered from the explosion, and fired bullets, hailing over Stranger. Bullets stuck out of the soft ground, making a sloppy circle around himself. Stranger jumped aside of the Wolvarks’ sight, and hid behind a crumbly stone-brick house, locking down Spark Stunks and Riot Slugs. The Wolvarks grumbled up the ramp to where the Steef had taken shelter behind the house. Then, a powerful suction and smell pulled their bodies towards the house quicker. They landed with a loud thud in unison, then felt the heaviest, sharpest pain run through their spines, as something impacted their backs, literally breaking their spines. The Wolvarks gave a last howl of pain, then their heads thudded to the ground.
“Keep goin’, guys! Don’t look back!” Umi shouted to the Grubbs passing by her. Umi shot her glance up behind her, seeing the same blimpy dropship come right behind her near the berry bushes.
“Stranger!” Umi shouted down. He snapped his head up to her. She was pointing right behind her, shouting out, “Wolvarks!” He growled, and ran back up the ramp up behind the village. The flaps underneath the dropship screeched open, and Wolvarks piled upon each other out from the belly of the dropship, then hovered up and shot away from them.
“God damn! Ger’t off’a me, lard-ass!” a Wolvark screamed, clawing its way out from under thepile of squirming Wolvarks.
“Well, you ain’t the lightest of the batch, you cow!” another from the bottom scowled at it.
“Both y’all shut up! We’s got’s work ter do! Startin’ with tha-“ the Wolvarks looked from the cleaved feet pressed in front of them, up to the Steef bearing its green armor and bow with a heinous-looking creature glaring at them. The Steef grinned hatefully at their eyes, bearing its teeth with sharp luminous green eyes. “There it is! Get that son of a bitch!” the Wolvark shouted, beginning to squirm harder from underneath the Wolvarks’ weight. Stranger shook his head at the pathetic Wolvarks, then shot the Boom-bat Seekers out on his bow, along with some Rabid Fuzzles for the stragglers. The Wolvarks toppled off of each other in either a million fleshy pieces, or soaking in the flames burning on their corpses. The remaining Wolvarks had Rabid Fuzzles clamp down on their skin with their jowls of pointy sharp teeth. Stranger watched the Wolvarks fall down one by one, then turned back around and trotted down the ramp above the berries.
“Damn! That Steef’s a hard-ass! Any stragglers retreat! Retreat!” a dropship high above called from a loudspeaker. Stranger grinned with pride, spitting on the ground near a dead Wolvark corpse.
“Damn Wolvark scum,” Stranger slammed his fist in to his palm. Umi skidded to a halt in front of him, hunching down on her knees for breath. She stood straight when she rejuvenated.
“Nice work, bud,” Umi smiled. Stranger nodded as well, then looked down at the head of the village, seeing the Grubbs recede from the hiding places they took shelter behind. They ran up the ramp, watching aside from tripping over the Wolvark bodies, up to their saviors. They cheered loudly in a mob of joining Grubbs, circling around the Steef and his partner. The ring of Grubbs parted away, when the Queen of the Grubbs darted in excitedly.
“Steef! Holy cow, that was amazing! You beat those Wolvarks’ ass, and saved the village!” she flung herself in to the air.
“Uh-huh. Now, I need’s te, take yer somewhere else. I need’s to, ask yer some questions,” Stranger swung his arm around the Queen’s shoulder, and led her out of the circle.
“Umi! Umi!” a familiar feminine voice called out.
“Jala!” Umi shouted waving her arm over the crowd of Grubbs. Jala pushed her way through the excited Grubbs, up to Umi. “You did it! You saved us all! Now you’ve inspired us to fight back!” Jala embraced around Umi’s mid-section.
“Really,” Umi smiled up to the Grubbs. All of them nodded in agreement to her, having confident faces grinning up. “Stranger’ll be really happy ter hear this,” Umi looked back down to Jala.

“Now, about this…protector thing. What’cha mean’s by tha’?” Stranger asked, holding out far away from the Grubbs. The Queen Grubb squinted an eye to him.
“I cannot tell you things that you are not ready for. But I can say, once you are ready, you’ll find it yourself, and realize your destiny. So…get to realizing, already. We need you,” the Queen smiled. Stranger looked down. He didn’t want to wait for whatever the Queen wanted him to know. He wanted to know it now. Queen looked under his frown, then smiled concernly.
“I know how you feel, Steef. But I can’t teach such a heart filled with fear and darkness. You need to figure it out yourself. If I told you about it, well, it’d be hard for you to understand,” Queen said in a gentle voice. Stranger looked back up to the Queen, keeping his head down low. He nodded, accepting that not only the Queen will tell him by what she means, but he would have to figure it out by himself.
“But I can say one thing…” she continued, looking over to Umi surrounded by the cheerful Grubbs. “…one of your destinies is with that young human. And it lies with her as well,” Stranger looked over to Umi as well, she smiling and laughing along with the Grubbs. He smiled confidently, knowing now what the Queen meant. Being the protector of the Grubbs was one thing. But having a young human to have as a partner made up the rest of the cake. He now knew that Umi was part of his destiny: To be a legendary part in a Steef guardian’s life. And he was proud to have such a thing laid upon him.
“Yeah. I see what you mean,” Stranger nodded, still smiling over to Umi.
“Good. Now, I suggest you get your boney butt in to action, Steef. There’s still the fact of Sekto and his dam. Go back to the Waterfall cave, and get to your boat. There, you’ll pass in to the Mongo River, and pass Last Legs. There, you’ll find Sekto’s dam. But be careful! Those Wolvarks are as dangerous in one entire facility, let alone a small squad,” Queen patted his arm.
“Yeah. But ter make sure, y’all gonna be, alright now?” he asked with a bit of concern. Queen smiled her toothless gums.
“Don’t worry about us! We’ll be fine, now that you came along and kicked some serious whoop-ass to them Wolvarks! They won’t be comin’ here any longer, now that you showed your face!” Queen said. Stranger nodded, and walked away from the Queen Grubb, through the circle of Grubbs. They parted away from the Steef pushing through gently to get to Umi. Stranger stopped in front of her with a grin.
“You ready ter get up to Sekto’s dam?” he asked.
“Thought you’d never ask,” Umi grinned mischievously. The Grubbs began to cheer again, following slowly behind them walking up to the ramp that led up in to the village. Umi swung on to Stranger’s back again, getting herself comfortable before take-off. The Queen Grubb walked in front of all the Grubbs with a smile.
“Thank you again, Steef and human! Good luck at Sekto’s dam! Our prayers are with you all the way!” she said, and the Grubbs nodded with her. Jala ran next to the Queen.
“G’luck, Umi! Don’t be gettin’ in to too much trouble!” Jala waved.
“Don’t worry. With Stranger ‘round, I won’t be in much,” Umi grinned to Stranger’s eye. Stranger nodded once more, then kicked off down the ramp off back down through the rocky meadow, and back through the Waterfall cave entrance. They could hear the Grubbs shout over the mountainous passage. They were proud to have done something good for a change.
“Ah, Steef dude! You made it back! We heard you opened up a can of good ole fashion whoop-ass on them Wolvarks back down in the Native’s Village! And hey, we fixed up your boat, all good ‘n new for ya!” the Grubb smiled up to the Steef walking up to it. The boat was in better condition than before. In fact, it was almost immaculate compared to the junky boat they saw. The bow of the boat had a carved dragon’s face with horns pointing out of its head, and the eyes painted a glittery red, glimmering maliciously out on the surface of the crystal waters. The boat provided six oars, three on each side, and was attached to two handles, so rowing wouldn’t be so hard for Umi and Stranger. The boat, also on the bow side, holstered what looked of an automated gun. It would be like the good old days for Umi, when she first handled the gattling gun on the backside of the LAAV Warthog, only this would be on the front side of a boat. Stranger was more than impressed with the craftsmanship of the boat the Grubbs created.
He jumped in to the boat, shaking off his feet from the water he touched, and sat in a comfy position with his four legs in a criss-cross pose, and his back legs just in a regular sitting posture. Umi, however, sat in front of the gun turret, holding both handles and her thumbs on the trigger. The Grubbs ran to the shore side behind Stranger.
“Alrighty, Steef! We’re all ready for you! Go through the gates out to the Mongo River, and follow the flow out to Last Legs! Behind that, Sekto’s dam should be right there. It’s not hard to miss. It’s just one big, humongous, ginormous, largeous…you get the idea. It’s a big-ass building that towers practically up to heaven,” the Grubb nodded. The current of the river took them through the gates out to the Mongo River. The tunnel was lit with torches hanging on the wall. Mosses and grasses hung above their heads with rock icicles dripping off water.
“Ahh, back out on the water again, ‘ey, Stranger?” Umi smiled back to Stranger. He didn’t make a gesture, but rowed the two handles back and forth, which rowed the six oars in a perfect circle together. Umi watched again in front of her, now squinting far in front of them. Mist began to flutter at the end of the tunnel, and a thunderous roar of crashing water bounced off the walls. She turned back to Stranger.
“Uh, d’you realize, there’s a waterfall in front of us?” Umi pointed out further from the boat. Stranger only grinned in a mischievously way, still rowing faster and faster. Umi turned back to the bow of the boat, then swallowed deeply in her throat. She knew what he was going to do, and it would not be a good feeling. The current got stronger, sweeping them closer to the edge of the falls. The thunderous cracking of the water splashing below got even louder. Next thing you know, they were falling. The tip of the boat leaned over the fall’s edge, then they fell, plummeting down near the curl of churning water impacting the glassy water’s surface. Umi gripped on the wood of the boat tightly, as the feeling of her insides flew up in to her throat. A cold rush of water splashed around them, taking them under like a vicious shark.

The boat overturned under water, resurfacing upside-down with the bottom curving up in the air. Umi screamed under water from the frostiness of the water pushing against her self. She scrambled back up back to the surface of the water, gasping in deeply and shivering greatly, holding her soaked arms around her self. She kicked her legs under the water, looking around for any sight of Stranger. The boat lay overturned still, but drifting slowly away from the current of the waterfall.
“Stranger…” she glanced around quickly, beginning to feel anxiety strike in her mind. Alone in a river of freezing cold water, and nothing but the sound of a crashing waterfall. She shivered again, beginning to stoke over to the boat. She put both hands under the boat, and pushed up to lay it properly on the water. But when she did, she got a surprise. Stranger swam still, with a mischievous grin on towards Umi. She gasped in fright, kicking away from Stranger, then held still. She scrunched her nose angrily.
“Don’t ever, EVER, do that again! You scared the livin’ crap outta me!” she cried. Stranger gave a chuckle, and swam over to Umi, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
“In’t that what I’m supposed ter do? Scare yeh?” he smiled, and lifted her on the boat first, then climbed after. He ruffled his fur, shaking off the water like a drowned dog, and smoothed down. Umi holstered the gun turret again, and Stranger began to row again. They sped out of an archway out to the real river. Little islands of trees against the cliff sides beached out in to the deep trenches of the Mongo River. One large island, however, Wolvarks vacated. A large rig out in the middle of the river held more Wolvarks. Further down from the rig was a small dam, blocking the way out further through the river. Stranger released the handles to the oars, slowing down the boat first off, then stayed hunched down, but brought up hid bow with the Snuzi darts. Umi stayed out of Stranger’s sniper by laying flat in the boat. He locked on to a Wolvark on the island, trotting aimlessly by the island’s shore, looking down at the sparkling water reflecting off the sun. With his snooper as well, he could hear what the Wolvark was saying, even it grumbling lowly.
“Man…this job sucks Meech’s ass…All I get’s ter do is just walk around fer nothin’…and hang out with these stanky, mindless dumbass’s…” the Wolvark mumbled irritatingly. The others behind him only smirked hatefully at the bellyaching Wolvark on the shore.
“Well, he ain’t the smartest of the batch, yer know,” a Wolvark whispered to the other. The other nodded in agreement, watching the bored Wolvark continue his goose-stepping on the shore. He stopped for a moment, turning back around. He saw a glinting object out in the water, and squinted hard out, covering his eyes with his flat hand to see the object floating aloft in the water.
“Hmm?” it hummed, raising its brow up suspiciously. The thing shone once more, then total blankness shot out through its forehead. The Wolvark tumbled head first down in to the water, it moaning once more, with its mouth bubbling in the water. The other Wolvarks shouted in surprise, raising its guns in defense.
“Go check it out…” a Wolvark shoved the other. The other mumbled in a negative way, shaking its head, and hesitating to go. Both of them went down to the fallen Wolvark in a straight row horizontally to the thing far out in the water. But by the time they could alert the rig, their heads were only a bloody hole. Their faces laid in a sloppy row in the cool water, blood from their heads swamping out in to the river along with the current.
“Bulls-eye,” Stranger growled in satisfaction, and began to row the boat up to the shore. There was only one obstacle left, and that was the Rig.
“Move the boat up to the side. I can get a clear shot on the Wolvarks, and maybe can blow that gargantuan to hell,” Umi said back to Stranger. He didn’t make a remark, but did as Umi said. Risky, but it would work. If they were caught by the Wolvarks, they were sitting ducks. Stranger couldn’t possibly move the boat in time before a bullet could strike them or sink the boat. He kept the boat as close to the shore as possible, without beaching it or scrape it along the sandy bottom. Umi holstered the gun, and moved it to the first target on the boat. Since there were no aiming devices, she would have a little trouble getting a perfect-aim shot on all of them.
“Ok, stop the boat,” Umi whispered over her shoulder. Stranger scraped the oars at the bottom, and the boat came to a halt. Umi closed an eye tight, moving the gun turret around to the first Wolvark. She slipped her tongue out of her lips, the squeezed the handles. The front of the gun began to whirl around, then pink-purple long-shaped bullets spewed out of the barrel. It felt exactly like the LAAV Warthog gattling gun she used. The bullets flew out in a straight, but crooked line, out towards the first Wolvark. The bullets, on impact, made Swiss cheese look bad. The bullets literally put large holes in to the Wolvark like it was being hole-punched. The Wolvark tumbled off the rig, and in to the water. Only two remained alive, running right to the place where the shot Wolvark stood.
“What the hell-Joel’s off the deck!” a Wolvark shouted, waving his arms over to the dam. A few more bullets flew, and struck in to the Wolvark, shoving him off in to the water as well. The last one quivered in fear.
“I’m the last one…” it stuck its fingers in to its lips, dropping its weapon on the deck. It shot glances around out in the river, shivering violently, and eyes horror-stricken. “I-I…” it stuttered, still shooting glances around. “I-I…I DON’T WANNA DIE!!!” it screeched, snapping its head up in to the air. And as it said that, the purple-pink bullets struck the Wolvark cleanly through its skin. The Wolvark gagged painfully, then tumbled over the railing around the rig. Umi grinned slyly.
“And that’s how you use a gun,” Umi grinned back to Stranger.
“Now there’s the case of bringin’ down tha’ rig,” Stranger scratched his beard thoughtfully. Umi tapped on his arm. When his attention snapped to her, she pointed to the familiar cylinder-shaped barrels peppered among the rig’s deck. He smiled greatly, ruffling Umi’s hair. “Let ‘er rip, kid,” Stranger nodded in approval. Umi brought her head down between the turret’s handles, and squinted her eyes craftily. The head of the gun spun around again, and the pink-purple bullets sprung out of the turret again. Sparks spreaded among the hull of the rig, leaving a hot-pink glow and a large bullet hole left in the metal. The bullets struck closely near the explosive’s barrel, then toppled it over on its belly. Umi growled, but kept the bullets spewing. Sooner or later, one bullet would spark in to the barrel, and cause it to explode, and chain-react with the other explosives.
“C’mon, Umi. You can do it,” Stranger said. She kept her tongue out between her tight lips, closing an eye tightly to get a good aim on the bloody object.
“God DAMN, this is annoying!” she screamed. Right when she said that, a bright explosion of the barrel blew in front of their faces and the rest blew their tops as well. Umi stopped the gun, dropping her arms on her knees and sighing loudly. They watched the barrels, one by one blow their tops off in to a massive bolero, the rig becoming shrouded in to it. The bottom-half of the rig blew a hole through the engine, causing the water to rise in to a splash of mist and water. Next thing they saw was the entire mass sink slowly to the deepest part of the river, the fires spreading on it hissing to a dead smoke. Umi and Stranger nodded to each other in satisfaction.
“Nice work, kiddo,” Stranger gently slapped her back. “Now there’s only the dam we need’s ter get to,” Stranger glared to the small dam blocking the water’s flow. He began to row the boat again, then slowed it down until the bottom of the boat skidded on the rough sand below. He made sure the boat would stay in place, then leaped out and began to take cover behind a thick wall of trees. Wolvarks with autos patrolled the top of the dam. Stranger was low on Snuzi darts, which meant he’d have to take it out to up close and personal. Super Stingbees and Rabid Fuzzles were up to play first. He trotted quietly as could be up to trees, watching the Wolvarks stomp around in a lazy circle. He swung his armed bow arm out, crouching down, and squinted at the first Wolvark he could see. Then the Stingbees began to fly like speeding bullets, and small angry fur balls flew along in the spray of stinging bugs. Wolvarks began to howl in intense pain, flinging their guns in the air and waving their arms around like a lunatic. He moved through the mass of bawling Wolvarks to the activation grid that opened the gates of the dam. Two shielded Wolvarks crouched low under their shields, popping up one of their sparkling time bombs. Umi knelt down on one knee, cocked back safety, and let the bullets fly to the Wolvarks. It didn’t take long until the shields were pretty useless to the Wolvarks, which left them defenseless. The bullets cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Stranger passed by Umi when the sight of the Wolvarks were gone, and tapped in unknowingly in to the grid key.
“One o’ these damn things must open them gates,” Stranger growled frustratingly, beginning to literally pound on the pad.
“Ahem,” Umi cleared, and moved Stranger aside. She looked around the keypad patiently, them pressed down on a blue pulsating button. A loud groan under them told that the gates opened. The waters current quickened in to a loud-sounding rapid rush. Umi grinned up smartly up to Stranger, and he chuckled.
“Smart-ass,” he pushed her gently aside.
“Not my fault I know what I’m doin’,” Umi jumped. They ran back down from the dam top, and back to their beached boat. Stranger sat comfortably down in the rower’s seat, and clenched down on the handles. Umi sat cross-legged in front of the gun turret, then feeling the sand roughly coarse off under her legs off the island. He turned the bow around to the front of the opened gates, and pushed off the bottom. The current dragged them swiftly through the gates, and out to the other side. Another large waterfall crashed down near them. Two docks to a small home built on the canyon wall poked out to Stranger’s fancy. Three Grubbs, two male and one female, began to wave crazily to Steef. They shouted in unison something different to Stranger. He nodded to them, and rowed to the first dock that was close-by. He parked the boat near the Grubbs, and climbed up to the dock. The female Grubb rushed up to Stranger, then the males.
“Steef dude! We’re in trouble, man! Last Legs, our last resort, has been invaded by those security pricks! If they take over Last Legs, we’re doomed, dude, because that’s our last area of defense…Well, more likely a hangout, or condo…But anyways, yeah! And if they do that! We don’t have any chance at all against Sekto! So, you need to find our Rebel Leader! And-and she’s pinned down in there with them Wolvarks! So-so go on to Last Legs, and save her!” the Grubb slammed her fist in to her palm. Stranger bowed his head down to the Grubbs, then turned to Umi.
“Best be gettin’ up there, then,” he nodded. She nodded as well, and jumped in the boat, and sat in front of the turret. He jumped in the boat, sat down, and began to row the six oars out to the river again. The Grubbs waved good-bye to the Steef, but he didn’t notice. The river winded further out, and the current began to get stronger. The canyon walls narrowed down, and the scenery far out of the river was a ghostly white. Up on a tall plateau was the shape of a fish-head temple, probably the same one Stranger and Umi went through to save the nerdy Clakker of Buzzarton, Eugene Ius. A sheer, small blast of cold wind brushed against Umi. She didn’t shiver or flinch. She liked the feeling of the cold draft. Their battle was before them, but the war was only beginning.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 11-03-2005 at 09:33 AM..
10-31-2005, 07:17 AM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

: Oct 2005
: under your bed
: 82
HobbitNinj  (10)

Hey, Lobo. You're not the only one reading this fantastic story. I just recently signed up just to say that you're story Dark Elite is one in a millon. Keep up the good work!
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Awww, brilliant, she'll be so happy when she sees that. Thanks Hobbitninj, I think it's one in a million as well!

11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Okay readers, there's been a bit more added to the last chapter, go check it out!

11-04-2005, 08:35 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
POSTING FOR DARK ELITE_H2

GUARDIANS, THIEVES, AND INDUSTRY—The battle for Last Legs

Hours passed while they traveled down the Mongo River, and the temperature of the climate began to drastically fall. It was freezing cold. The canyon’s end came near, and loud echoes of explosions and yells bounced off the walls. The water was slightly frozen, which slowed Stranger a bit down. The same blimpy dropships the Wolvarks operated hummed swiftly overhead of the canyon. They’ve already began to take over Last Legs. Rockets flew out from the front of the dropships, impacting on the tall buildings reaching over Last Legs. Grubb bodies were flung out to the arctic waters, and on to the shores of where the Wolvarks were dropped at, falling to their wrath. That flurried Stranger’s anger up to his head. He didn’t like to see the Grubbs hurt or even dead. He snorted an angry huff, and began to row harder and faster to the shore.
“Take it easy, buddy. We don’t want to rush so fast in to the firefight,” Umi eased him. He sneered, but obeyed, and slowed down. Umi took control of the turret again, swiveling it to the direction of the first Wolvark on shore she could aim for. “Go in a lil’ closer…” she said quietly back to him. He moved the oars in a 180-degree angle then stopped. The boat continued to move a little, but slowed to a stop. The current wasn’t too strong, since of the frozen water. She peeked her tongue out from her lips a little, shutting an eye tightly, and focusing in on the Wolvark. It was standing hunched in a surprised way, near the entrance to the city, waiting for its first prey to pop out. A Grubb jumped out frantically out of the corridor, but tripped on the powdery snow of the shore. The Wolvarks snickered evilly, closing in on the poor Grubb, it scrambling away from the Wolvarks, like a hungry pack of bloodthirsty wolves. Umi growled angrily as well. She moved in on the row of Wolvarks, and then began to process of firing on the Wolvarks. The pink-purple bullets darted to the Wolvarks, striking cleanly through their ugly skin and uniforms. They squealed loudly, dropping in front of the frightened Grubb one by one, blood spilling on the snow and staining it pure red. The Grubb quivered, then looked over to the water. It smiled greatly, jumping up in joy.
“The Steef! The Steef is here! Our guardians have arrived!” it squealed. Stranger beached the boat on the shore, and walked up to the Grubb.
“Yeh alright?” he asked. The Grubb only nodded. “Where’s yer, Rebel Leader locked down ter?” he asked.
“She’s at the end of the city! But be careful! The Wolvarks are inside the city, a lot of them,” it nodded seldomly.
“Yeh better, get outta ‘ere. Things ‘r gonna get, really ugly,” Stranger sneered to the entrance to the city. The Grubb nodded.
“I’m gonna take your boat up to the dock! I’ll tell the others over there that you guys are here!” it rushed down to the boat, and leaped in. Stranger didn’t look back, but trotted in to the corridor to the city. The battle for Last Legs was now on.

11-04-2005, 06:18 PM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

HobbitNinj  (10)

WOW! Reminds me of that battle in Return of the King... maybe Legolas will make a cameo... just foolin. Time to lock n' load Umi!
11-10-2005, 05:26 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Hey! Well, thanks Hobbitnij! I'm glad ter see another person in likin' my fic. 'Preciate you readin' me fic! Dun' worry. I'll be back soon to finish things up. I'ma redo the fics I've sent out to Lobo to set things right! And Lobo! I'm still waitin' fer s'more from you. I've just began to write the next story of Stranger and Umi. I think yer gonna love it. Well'p, I'ma go on from 'ere. Thanks again, hobbitnij and Lobo! You guys rock!

Finally 15, and still rockin' everyone's worlds (that might be a joke )
Umi

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 11-10-2005 at 05:30 AM..
11-15-2005, 12:34 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
STILL POSTING FOR DARK ELITE_H2!

GUARDIANS, THIEVES, AND INDUSTRY--The battle for Last Legs (cont.)

Buildings were shaven down, snow was stained red with blood, and the sounds of gunfights flurried in the air. It reminded Umi of the battlefield back on Halo. It was a terrible misery, to see all the dead bodies of both human and Covenant, fighting mindlessly to see who was the more superior race. It didn’t make any sense. And it was turning all around, like déj* vu. There were, instead of human, Grubb bodies scattered around the half-snowy ground, plus Wolvarks as well. But instead of sadness building up in her, anger only blocked her thoughts. The Wolvarks spilt too much innocent blood on the Grubb’s sacred land. That was too much of a reason to make her angry. She swung her rifle to her hands, cocked it off of safety, and followed Stranger. He had his bow unlocked and held out right in front of him, already pre-loaded with Boom-bat Seekers and Riot Slugs. He wanted to see some Wolvark’s blood shed. They came to the end of the narrow corridor, hearing the loud screeches of the dropships hovering overhead the towers of Last Legs. Some lowered to the frosty ground, and dropped off Wolvark troopers. They pressed themselves against a half-blown off house, Stranger peeking over the edge; two autos and three semi-autos. This wasn’t going to be a challenge. He swung his arm over the side of the stone house, and aimed carefully. He sneered right when he got a lock-on, then let the Boom-bat Seekers go out first. When he heard the first cry of the Wolvarks, he jumped out quickly, staring at the survivors plucked out of the hoard. Blood was splattered among the fresh powder snow with scraps of blue cloth and shards of yellow ugly skin. The rest laid belly-first in the snow, groaning weakly with one of their limbs scorching with fire, and their guns scattered in to a small pile. Stranger made a gruff, angry noise through his flared nostrils, walking up to the small piled-up Wolvarks.
“Damn Wolvark pricks,” he growled, baring his fangs down to them. They quivered their lips with a small hum of fear running through their panic-stricken voices. He had Riot Slugs on both of the double-barreled bow, their blue crystalline eyes shimmering blankly upon the Wolvarks like eight small sapphires. Their spikes gleamed to the tip under the dim sunlight along with their magenta-colored exoskeleton.
“Oh, this is gonna hur-“ he hurled the Riot Slugs off his bow on to the Wolvarks, snapping nearly every bone in their bodies, and sending sharp pains from the spikes clamping in to their skin up to their small brains. He let them to their excruciating pained selves to their slow death, and passed on from them. Umi stopped at the pileup of the Wolvarks, and grunted disappointingly. She knew Stranger wanted them to suffer, but not like this. It was too cruel. The Wolvarks looked up to her with shining wet eyes, mumbling sadly to her.
‘Put them out of their misery, Umi. It’s the only way to get yer mind off’a ‘em,’ she thought, raising her rifle to her chest. They began to nod, smiling with their crooked jaws, then shut their eyes tightly. ‘Even they want it to happen,’ she thought again, then aimed at the pile of Wolvarks. She stared at them for a moment, feeling tears build up in her eyes.
“I’m sorry,” she whispered nearly inaudible, then squeezed the trigger. The gun vibrated as the bullets shot out in a sloppy line to the Wolvarks. She kept her eyes tightly shut, not letting go of the trigger until she felt the deed was done. She stopped for a moment, then looked at the pile. The Wolvarks were only a steaming pile of blood and flesh, wafting in to the snow. She gave a great sigh, nearly dropping her rifle on the ground, but swung it over her shoulder. Her eyes stung with the cold wind and tears left in her eyes. She turned away from them, then ran behind Stranger, who was too far ahead. Purple streams of laser bullets whizzed by and over their heads. Wolvark snipers held out in small window shafts of the village’s homes and perched high above a high bridge. As they got deeper in to the city, the buildings seemed to increase to a concrete jungle, perfect enough for snipers to hunt their prey. And by the looks of it, they were far ahead of hunting their prey. Frantic Grubbs trying to delude the shocked bullets of the sniper lasers, but ending up to have their legs wounded, or even shot in a critical place. Stranger trotted out to the perched Wolvarks on the bridge, and zoomed in on them with his Snuzi darts. He shot them down, one by one, like cans on the side of a road with a BB gun. Grubbs saw the Steef take down the threats, and scrambled passed him and out of the village. Out further in front of him were more Wolvark troopers. A large gate blocked the way to a large stone fortress. That must’ve been where the Rebel Leader was. Chunks of stone wall flung out to barriers for the Wolvarks. This now was going to be more of a challenge. He locked his bow down with Rabid Fuzzles and Super Stingbees, his now most-favorite combination. He shot out the Fuzzles to the hiding Wolvarks behind the stone chunks, luring them out the painful way. They sighted the trouble-making Steef, and got in to a strange formation behind the barriers, poking out their guns and heads over the stones. He grunted in frustration, then began to dodge the flesh-tearing bullets of the security force’s rifles. Umi came lagging from behind, seeing Stranger having trouble with the Wolvarks. He fell down all of a sudden with a loud grunt, snapping his head back, and tripping down in to the snow. He lay in the snow, unable to move. Umi gasped.
“Stranger!” she screamed. The bullets shot wounded his two front legs, making him paralyzed to move. The Wolvarks began to move in on the helpless Stranger, he growling defensively at the Wolvarks. She ran on in closer to the Wolvarks, and knelt on one knee. She aimed carefully so she wouldn’t get Stranger, and squeezed the trigger. Shrapnel of snow, dirt, and flesh veiled over Stranger, he holding him arm over his face to block the flying pieces of Wolvark. The gunfire stopped, and the dust and dirt settled in front of him. Stranger lowered his arm, then snapped his head over to Umi, she heavily sighing and lowering her gun down in to the cold snow. He began to struggle to stand up on his two hind legs, keeping balance with one arm and his stronger front leg. Umi ran over to him, heaving his arm over her shoulder. This was bit of a déj* vu again. She remembered when they fought Meagley McGraw. His shotgun was right at her legs. He was attempting to wound the humans’ leg so he could capture it. Unexpected when Stranger leaped in to save her, but got shot in the leg. She practically carried Stranger back to Buzzarton. His arm tightened around her neck.
“You ok?” she asked deeply with concern in her throat. His head hung low, looking at his bleeding legs. He then lifted back up to her.
“Yeah…Yeah…I’m ok, kid. Dun’ worry ‘bout me…” he nodded. She hefted up his arm more, then looked to the closed gate with a large pillar structure in the middle. The stone walls behind it began to crack with some heavy force. She stopped abruptly, both looking at the wall beginning to press out in a curved shape. Her grip on his arm began to tighten with fear. The walls then exploded in to large chunks of rubble and rock. Dust parted to a large circular object, spewing large bolts of electricity. It only had one large orange eye, glaring down at the Steef and human. All it was was a big metal ball of electricity.
“Alright! Bring on out the new Shock tank! Git that Steef!” a Wolvark shouted. Umi swallowed, her eyes sparkling brightly in fear. This thing was large and zappy. Stranger unfurled his arm over from Umi’s shoulder, and stepped up in front of her, holding out his arm with his bow, loaded with twin Boom-bat Seekers.
“Stranger, you’re not strong enough!” Umi pleaded.
“I’m strong enough ter take on tha’ tank,” Stranger growled behind him.
“That thing’ll turn yer in to a light bulb in a second’s flat!” Umi ran up to him arm. He didn’t reply. His stubbornness really was bugging her down to the point she’d slap him silly. Even her pleading voice wouldn’t stop him from getting himself killed.
‘It’s hopeless, Umi. He’s just like you: Stubborn and crazy,’ she thought, then slumped down in to the snow. He limped out further closer to the tank, holding out his bow with the Boom-bat Seekers glowering at the tank’s orange eye.
“Fine!” she cried, tears forming in her red, bloodshot eyes. “Go get yerself killed!” she slammed her arms in the snow. “See if I care!” Stranger didn’t even care what she screamed to him. He was more focused on getting the tank that to listen to her. It was like he was merging to some different side of him. Careless. Reckless. He wasn’t like this when they fought against the Outlaws of the Mongo Valley. But she was also changing. Caring. Concerned. She was too intent of caring to Stranger than to think of the dangers ahead that she was about to take on. But right now, she didn’t care. All she thought about is Stranger and his reckless side. His golden armor now stained with red blood and vitriolic anger. His face now a darker shade and his eyes gleaming brightly of his fury. He wasn’t the same Stranger she knew from the first day they met. She watched him fight the Shock tank alone. With no partner to count on.

Boom-bat Seekers impacted on the Shock tank’s metal coating, weakening it to the state of breaking it with a punch. A shock bristled among Stranger’s helmet, giving him a brief jolt. He recovered quickly, now using Super Stingbees in all its glory, and began to shoot holes through the weakened part of the tank. He heard a howl of pain inside the encasing, which meant a Wolvark only operated the thing. He kept the flow of rabid Stingbees concentrated on the widening hole of the hull. The tank fell over, and the Wolvark escaped from the burning wreckage of what used to be its tank. A mass of Wolvarks emerged from behind the created barriers, reloading their rifles with threatening grins. Stranger frowned angrily, holding out his bow to the Wolvarks. They came on in near him slowly. The first shot was fired by a Wolvark on his left side. He flinched over to that Wolvark, and shot out Stingbees to it. The others began to pounce on him, punching and flailing so they could bring him down. He bellowed a roar of fury, scraping off the Wolvarks like they were flies. She watched the entire thing. He was helpless, as the Wolvarks began to pile on him again. One stood out, reloading its rifle quickly, watching the Steef fling off the Wolvarks. Umi’s nerves shot out, her blood running cold. They were really going to get him this time. And it would be all her fault. Because she didn’t bother to help out her partner. Grief flooded all around her. Horror struck her mind. She didn’t want it to end like this, especially if it had to end up with Stranger, her best friend, becoming dead, right in front of her eyes. Then she’d be next. No. That wouldn’t happen. Not unless she changed her ways, and started to save her friend.
“NO!” she roared, whipping out her rifle. “GET YER HANDS OFF’A ‘IM! NOW!” she bellowed, aiming her rifle at the Wolvark with its semi-auto. She pulled the trigger, holding the gun tightly so it wouldn’t shake out of her grip. She finished off the Wolvark, then slammed her rifle down, and ran to the pile of Wolvarks on top of Stranger. She ripped off one on his head beating him senseless, and kicked him aside in the ribs. She even heard a series of cracks when she delivered the blow. She growled more like of a dragon, punching and ripping the Wolvarks attached to him off. He lay on the snow, panting heavily with a drip of blood trickling out of his nose and mouth. The Wolvarks laid in a sloppy circle away from Stranger, groaning in pain. She knelt on the ground, crying unstoppably.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, Stranger! I didn’t mean ter leave you alone like that,” she sobbed, putting her head down to her knees. “I won’t do it again. I promise!” she cried. Stranger blinked at her. He might’ve seen her cry before, but not like this. He wiped hid bloodied nose on his arm, then put his heavy arms in the snow. He perked his hand under her chin, and lifted her head back up. Her eyes were brightly stained of red and her face was a flush. He put his arm back down by his ribs.
“Don’t you be feelin’ sorry fer me, kid,” he gently said. “It’s my fault that I didn’t listen ter you,” he nodded. “If I’d listened ter yeh, I wouldn’t be like this,” he brought his arms around her, and slid her near his chest. “I’m glad you care, Umi,” he whispered down to her. She snuffled her runny nose, nodding under his arms. But she didn’t feel better. Her guilt had already taken over her mind.
“I still think it’s my fault,” Umi said. Stranger hummed in his throat.
“Don’t say tha’…” he said. A cold wind flushed through the frosty street. Goosebumps prickled her hair up. She thought she wouldn’t be cold, since from the last experience, but she thought wrong.
“Cold…” she said quietly.
“Me, too,” Stranger lifted his head up to the gate. It was open now. Maybe the Grubbs saw them take out the Wolvark guards, and it was safe to enter now. He bundled Umi up in his arms, and trotted through the gate. He nearly stumbled over, which made Umi jump.
“Maybe I should help you, rather than you carry me,” Umi lifted her neck up to him.
“Nah…I’m fine,” Stranger said. His stubbornness was still annoying to her. Why couldn’t he just accept that he couldn’t walk?
‘Oh, that’s right…’ Umi thought. ‘He’s a big boy now,’ she rolled her eyes.

The Grubbs inside heard the sloppy hoof trots in to the building. They all turned to the entrance, watching the Steef enter weakly on his two shot legs.
“Steef dude! You made it! We could use your help, man!” a rebel nodded shakily. The Rebel leader turned to Stranger and Umi with lavender-purple eyes. She had purple markings on her smooth discolored green skin, with a dark brown skirt on her hips.
“Well…It’s about time you got ‘ere, you guys! We have our ass pinned here!” she scolded.
“Yeah, looks like it. But I still got’s te, get up to Sekto’s dam, an’…take ‘im out, ‘fore he does,” Stranger grinned.
“Hmm…” a rebel tapped his bottom lip thoughtfully. “Well, if Steef dude can help us to get outta here, and get up to the city’s cannons…” it tapped its foot on the smooth stone ground. “Y-e-eeah. That’s what we’ll do,” it nodded up to the Steef. The Rebel leader smiled to her trooper, and punched him respectfully on its arm.
“Good thinkin’ there! Now, Steef dude! Get goin’, and we’ll meet you near the docks to the city! There, we’ll take control of the cannons, and beat that Sekto prick! Yeah!” she ran over to a table with a two-part map laid flat out with pictures of the Mongo River and Sekto’s dam far at the head of the river. A rebel Grubb quickly jumped, making a forgetful noise, and ran back to a darker room behind the Rebel Leader. It came back, with a blue suit and armor folded in its arms.
“Steef! Here, take this armor,” the Grubb smiled. The Rebel Leader turned back to Stranger, then smiled as well.
“It’s bad-ass armor,” she said quietly with excitement. He pulled on the blue stretchy suit first, over his legs, arms, and chest. Then hung over his head was the armored poncho. It felt like the same poncho with his bounty hunter suit, but it was blue instead of a leathery brown. The helmet was the most interesting to Umi. It was a large cover that took up entirely on Stranger’s mane of hair. Two curling, twisted horns javelined out on both sides of his head. It made him look almost mythical, like the bull god of the Greeks. And what astounded Umi, was that his face looked lighter. A shade lighter of brown, like he became something good and light. Stranger nodded respectfully and gratefully at the rebels but held him there for a quick moment. There, they bandaged up Stranger’s hurt legs with a strong medical tape and somewhat of a soft splint of wood, which didn’t cause any uncomfortableness. Stranger thanked the rebels, and left out of the rebel base, the backside way. There, it led to a tall maze-like pathway to the docks. The walls were broken down, but stood tall over Stranger’s sight. Ladders began to bang across the outside of the walls, with Wolvark grunts pushing over the wall. Stranger made a pitiful noise to the Wolvarks for their dumbfound plan of cutting them off, holding down the Spark Stunkz down at the point of where they were going to land.
“Stand back, Umi. Yer know what these things’ll do ter yeh,” Stranger cautioned. Umi nodded quickly, and stood a great distance away from Stranger’s area of the Sparks. He saw the Wolvarks head pop over the walls, and drop down like boulders on the powdered ground. He kept a steady arm where the Wolvarks landed, the jumped back, and shot the Spark Stunkz in front of him. There, the stench of the Stunk sucked up the fresh air, along with the Wolvarks, whom were suffocating from the extreme smell the Spark Stunkz produced. Next came the Rabid Fuzzles and Bola Blasts. He shot his rounds of the Bola Blast, then left the rest of the coop to suffer the wrath of the Fuzzles. He bountied the wrapped officers, turning them in to live ammo food, but left the rest to die. He led them near the end, but had another delay with more Wolvarks climbing over the walls and two automatics waiting at the entrance hall down to the docks.
“My turn,” Umi stepped up with her rifle up to the Wolvarks. They began to run closer to the intruders. Umi pressed on the trigger, but didn’t fire. They knew she’d fire at them if they got close.
“Bring ‘em closer, Stranger,” she said, not looking back. Stranger grinned, holding out a Spark Stunkz again. The Wolvarks held off a few long meters away from Umi’s range. Stranger fired the Stunkz out in front of Umi, she keeping a steady ground without falling in to the trap. She did, however, felt herself gag from the stinky stench that brought a teardrop to her eye. She sniffed up fresh air, then looked at the piled-up Wolvarks. She now squeezed the trigger, sprawling bullets by the hundreds at the Wolvarks. They struck like hail in a storm, sticking out of their bloody tattered blue uniforms. She watched the Wolvarks as they side-stepped them in to the entrance hallway. Umi ran beside Stranger with rifle tightly in hand. They sharply turned down the stone hallway, a handful of rebel Grubbs waiting for them. They jumped in surprise.
“The Steef’s here, guys! Steef’s here! Run to the cannons! Make ‘em proud! Make ‘em proud!” the rebels spun around, running with Stranger and Umi down to the docks. There, two large bow-shaped cannons held boulders in their launchers, smothered in a flammable liquid the others gushed on.
“Light the fireballs!” a rebel shouted up. The Grubbs nodded, holding a torch up to the rocks, and dropping it on the boulders. The rocks were inflamed in a twister of fire, crackling a red-hot heat on the wooden catapults.
“All ready!” a Grubb shouted down to the rebel.
“Fire then, already!” it shouted again. Stranger and Umi climbed up to a secure wall lower beside the catapults’ platforms. A loud rumble shook their insides, then the fire bolts were shot out. A small cement dam blocked the river’s path. The rocks headed in that direction. They were melting over the frosty waters, molten rock dripping off like running water. The boulders smashed upon the dam, cracking and melting it down to a half bridge.
“Fire again!” the rebel yelled. Another boulder was placed upon the catapult’s launcher, splashing the flammable liquid over it again, and lighting it with a torch. The Grubbs released the launcher’s strings, and the rock went flying again. They shaved down the dam down to two halves in the water.
“Once more! That’ll get us through!” the rebel said. The Grubbs pushed on one more boulders on to the launchers, spilled the liquid, lit it, and let it fly. Both of the boulders headed their direction, one for each side of the half-broken dam. The boulders smashed the dam down to a crumbling wall of nothing in to the arctic water. The melted boulders hissed in to the water, steam rising from the spot where it landed. All the rebels began to shout and cheer at their success of breaking the dam down that blocked their way.
“Yeah! We did it!” the rebel jumped beside Stranger.
“Good…Now tha’ only leaves Sekto’s dam,” Stranger smiled craftily.
“Ok, ok. Now, Steef! We’ve taken down the dam that would’ve blocked you to get to Sekto! Go on down the river, until you find it! And, hey! Don’t you worry! We’ll have your back! We’ll bring cannons to support you while you head for Sekto!” the rebel led them down from the cannons, down to the dock that the Grubb had parked his boat at.
“Good luck, Steef! We’ll see you there at Sekto’s dam!” the Grubb smiled. Stranger bowed his head at the rebels, and stepped in to his boat. Umi carefully got to the bow again, holstering the gun turret again. The Grubbs watched him push off from the dock, then paddle themselves down the river away from Last Legs. The fight for Last Legs was victorious. But the war for Sekto and his dam, was on now.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 11-19-2005 at 07:52 AM..
11-17-2005, 03:43 PM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

HobbitNinj  (10)

I hated that darn tank! I wish there was someone like Umi durning that part of the game. I was totally getting screwed. Can't wait to read the next grand installment! I'm already hungry for more!