You annoy me.

06-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

We haven't been doin' to well on new members have we lately?

06-26-2003, 02:23 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Oh me oh my, Mr.Concept certainly does have me in a metaphorical head lock, doesn't he?

Just as you claimed no one would care about you constantly bitching at me, I'm sure no one cares about abe babe claiming I have a "track history of doing strange things".

Don't contradict yourself. It makes you look oh so silly.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

06-26-2003, 04:01 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
Originally posted by Big_Bro_Slig222
We haven't been doin' to well on new members have we lately?
Indeed. They either start arguments or have terrible spelling and punctuation.
Whatever did happen to lindsay?
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

Last edited by Facsimile; 06-25-2003 at 08:03 PM..
06-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I don't think Kristen is in any position to state about peoples "strange goings-on" due to her track record with Justin...

:
because I can handle people like you.
I am soooo moist right now, how about you show me abit of handling, eh? Eh?

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-27-2003, 01:06 AM
Fourth Concept
Stunk

: Jun 2003
: Planet Earth
: 37
Fourth Concept  (10)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
I don't think Kristen is in any position to state about peoples "strange goings-on" due to her track record with Justin...
Well, she did. Now that I know that DI has a habit of doing that sort of stuff, I can accept that he did not mean anything by it, and am therefore no longer at odds with him.

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern
Don't contradict yourself. It makes you look oh so silly.
I am not contradicting myself. I stated what Kristen said because I felt it was important. I said that I didn't feel that people cared about the fact that I bitched at you, because I did not feel that was important. It may seem contradictory, but it actually isn't when you think about it - my reason for contacting Kristen was to resolve this, not to try and prove some silly point that I am great and your an asshole (which is of course, NOT true, your the one who is running things around here.). (I do think about these things before I post you know.)

I don't beleive in arguments, I think open minded discussion, where all the comments are mutually beneficial to all the parties are much better. Not to sound hippyish (probably too late there), but we really shouldn't be treating each other like we are here only to be on bad terms with all the other forumers - or in competition with them.

Now let us not waste our articulate and observant talent in an argument, that just contradicts our own intelligence - we should be using all this energy to make this a better place.

4ourth.
06-27-2003, 03:36 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Fourth Concept
Now let us not waste our articulate and observant talent in an argument, that just contradicts our own intelligence - we should be using all this energy to make this a better place.
:
Here is my opinion: Your forum is a happytown; its general purpose seeks to enforce positive opinion, or only allow the expression of it. Negative opinions are shunned here.
See I'm not as all sure what you were talking about here but, wasn't it along the lines of letting us talk badly about things?

06-27-2003, 03:49 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

You dislike arugements, and prefer open minded discussion...yet you barrage me with PM's in which you call me vulgar names.

Most contradictory, Mr.Concept.

06-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Fourth Concept
Stunk

Fourth Concept  (10)

:
Originally posted by Facsimile
See I'm not as all sure what you were talking about here but, wasn't it along the lines of letting us talk badly about things?
No, I mean't negative opinions, not arguing. If you don't like me, at least tell me why and I will endevour to put a stop to it (Unless of course it is something stupid like "Your being gay" or whatever). I can see why negative opinions are pretty much banned here, because all of the people that are most likely to use them, use them at other peoples expense. Perhaps if you made any attempt to do something constructive in this thread, rather than accuse, and disrespect, perhaps I would allow you that credit from my part.

[quote]Originally posted by Disgruntled InternYou dislike arugements, and prefer open minded discussion...yet you barrage me with PM's in which you call me vulgar names.

Most contradictory, Mr.Concept.

Firstly, I will point out that the difference between a PM and a forum discussion is most different. And "vulgar"? What are you, 80 years old? Now I made an attempt to make it up to you, and clear the whole thing up, yet you go ahead and make things worse again, when you had the chance to accept our differences with some dignity - I am sorry, but you can't possibly expect me to show you any kind of respect when you do something like that can you?

Your right, I do prefer a good, constructive and open minded discussion, but it doesn't mean I can't resort to anger when I am provoked - Which is what you did and what I did aswell.

I do not see why I should dignify any of your unwanted and disrespectful questions with such a well thought out response, but to be honest, your ignorance really does strike a nerve. I can't begin to understand how much it will take for you to understand that no argument will lead to the glory most people make out it will. Arguments occur in the presence of ignorance, surely that is not the image any of us want to portray here?

Lets just drop it.

4ourth.
06-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Don't you understand? I'm playing the ignorance card with you because I'm stuck at work. I have no one else to talk to, and my laptop is my only source of amusement.

I know you weren't contradicting yourself. I was just providing myself with some immature entertainment.

That's all.

I'm really not as ignorant as I've made myself out to be. But's it sure is fun to be misleading.

06-28-2003, 01:35 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Whoop de doo, I just spent a weak with my only technology correspondence beings fans and lights. And what do I spy? A new member, many long posts, and bitching. SInce I'm a lazy bum (a tired one at that) I'll just leave it simple:

Hi Fourth Concept (if your still here, I haven't read all the later posts)
06-29-2003, 05:27 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Actually Fourth Concept, PMs here are treated the same as threads/posts. Anything we wouldn't allow on threads/posts aren't allowed through PMs.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

06-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

...... .....this is why I dont come around here as often anymore...

06-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

Not meaning anyone to think I am talking about anyone here, but wouldn't it be damn cool to be able to put customisable people in GTA3? Then I could mow down all my friends and foes alike!

07-01-2003, 03:36 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Hmmm, I can't recall calling DI strange. I did say he was a good moderator, but he does close topics sometimes without letting people know the reason. Although I've seen other mods do that at other forums too, so it's not quite strange.

And Jacob, do not mention the name Justin to me again ... I wish to forget his very existance. Strange, he certainly was.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
Hmmm, I can't recall calling DI strange. I did say he was a good moderator, but he does close topics sometimes without letting people know the reason. Although I've seen other mods do that at other forums too, so it's not quite strange.
Fourth Concept has been exaggerating... Now that's no way to make yourself look better.

07-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Fourth Concept
Stunk

Fourth Concept  (10)

:

And Jacob, do not mention the name Justin to me again ... I wish to forget his very existance. Strange, he certainly was.

Abe Babe...
This post, though not particularly offensive, is the reason I left. I am back now to tell you all this because I think it is important to know.

Abe Babe contacted me after I complained of DI. She responded by saying that DI has a track history of closing threads for no reason, and often in an uncalled for bout of strangeness that gives an air of confusion afterwards.

Later she completely denies doing it. I have the email in my "read mail" folder, and I will forward it to anyone who asks for it.

DI has actually admitted to doing this sort of thing because he is bored, but she still denies it? Yep, bye bye, I'm outta here.
07-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Right.

I close threads because I'm bored.

07-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Fourth Concept
Yep, bye bye, I'm outta here.
Yay.

07-03-2003, 04:33 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I agree with you Fourth Concept that DI is absolutely shocking and will endeavour to serve you for the rest of my life. I mean, you've left us with proof that we all suck, therefore to make sure I don't suck I'll leave with you.

Jesus! Get a grip, Abe Babe was most likely talking about me. I used to close a few unneccessary threads, and DI had complained about it. She must just have got it mixed up.

DI's a fine Moderator, though I think he's a little harsh on some of the members. They eventually turn out to be whackos anyway. Whether or not they were like that before DI pounced upon them is still confusing me

We have done nothing wrong by you, you've given your opinions of the forum. And the people that inhabit the forum have given you, their opinions of you.

Internet mercenarys are getting reallllllllly annoying now.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

07-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

Oh my god... what a way to return. I'm gone for a couple of weeks because of my other commitments and I return to find a thread of pointless bickering.

Jacob and the other people (not necessarily DI since he always does things like this) who were having a go(seriously having a go at him) at The Fourth Concept, way to give others a bad impression about the forums. And to the Fourth Concept, I know the others were harsh on you but they wouldn't have done so if you had not retaliated against Jacob. With that said, I'll just say what I usually say to new members(i'm assuming that 4thConcept is still here and that his 'bye bye' comment was not serious):

Hello! Welcome to Oddworldforums and don't flame or spam. This has been a Canned Gabbiar message. Have a nice day!

Last edited by Canned Gabbiar; 07-02-2003 at 11:17 PM..
07-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

He... came... back... ... again?

07-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Canned Gabbiar
Spark Stunk

: Dec 2002
: Dunno...
: 385
Canned Gabbiar  (10)

Fax, are you talking about me or are you talking about 4th Concept? I never said I'd leave the forums. I never do (except with that anime-forums... that got boring) .

07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Maybe you should leave. Go and run your own forums instead of telling us how to run ours. I'm sick of all you big heads that are coming on here lately telling us what to do. If you don't like it, don't come here. Simple. Honestly, I'd prefer a spamming n00b.

I don't care if you call me a liar. I have the original email in my sent items. On looking at it, I did word it rather vaguely, so maybe you're interpreting it differently to I am, but it still does't call anyone strange. I do not deny that I said DI closed threads, I said I did not call him strange. That's the only thing I said I didn't do ... that I didn't use those words. If anything, you were the one saying I said something I didn't. And where as calling someone strange isn't an insult in itself, I didn't like the idea of someone going and re-wording what I said in an email. I wasn't even going to respond to your email as the post had been re-opened by the time I saw it, but I thought I'd respond out of courtesy.

As for all of the closing of threads, a lot of that happened when I was going through some serious personal problems, so really I wasn't really sure who was closing the threads. So yeah, maybe I messed up in thinking it was DI. But at least I admitt to making a mistake of judgement. But even if it was, who cares. Mods at all forums close threads all the time for no given reason, it's fairly standard. And unlike some people, I had to get my life sorted out rather than worry about an internet forum where some of the problems started in the first place.

Anyone who's a regular on here, will know that this kind of tone is not my usual. But people like you really piss me off. Acting like you're all high and mighty and better than anyone else. As I said before, if you don't like it here, leave. There are lots of other places on the web you can go. Maybe they'd like your instructions on how to run things better than we do. It seems other members would be glad to see you go anyway.

I don't think it's a case of us not letting people have their say here, as we do, but it's more a case of people like you being not liked here, by both staff and members alike.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

07-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

If anybody actually cared to notice...i stopped posting in this forum a while back...people who want to point the finger at me please insert it in my anus beforehand...thankyou

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Fourth Concept
Stunk

Fourth Concept  (10)

:
Maybe you should leave. Go and run your own forums instead of telling us how to run ours. I'm sick of all you big heads that are coming on here lately telling us what to do. If you don't like it, don't come here. Simple. Honestly, I'd prefer a spamming n00b.

I don't care if you call me a liar. I have the original email in my sent items. On looking at it, I did word it rather vaguely, so maybe you're interpreting it differently to I am, but it still does't call anyone strange. I do not deny that I said DI closed threads, I said I did not call him strange. That's the only thing I said I didn't do ... that I didn't use those words. If anything, you were the one saying I said something I didn't. And where as calling someone strange isn't an insult in itself, I didn't like the idea of someone going and re-wording what I said in an email. I wasn't even going to respond to your email as the post had been re-opened by the time I saw it, but I thought I'd respond out of courtesy.

As for all of the closing of threads, a lot of that happened when I was going through some serious personal problems, so really I wasn't really sure who was closing the threads. So yeah, maybe I messed up in thinking it was DI. But at least I admitt to making a mistake of judgement. But even if it was, who cares. Mods at all forums close threads all the time for no given reason, it's fairly standard. And unlike some people, I had to get my life sorted out rather than worry about an internet forum where some of the problems started in the first place.

Anyone who's a regular on here, will know that this kind of tone is not my usual. But people like you really piss me off. Acting like you're all high and mighty and better than anyone else. As I said before, if you don't like it here, leave. There are lots of other places on the web you can go. Maybe they'd like your instructions on how to run things better than we do. It seems other members would be glad to see you go anyway.

I don't think it's a case of us not letting people have their say here, as we do, but it's more a case of people like you being not liked here, by both staff and members alike.

Abe Babe...
Wow, you go! Stating your right to a freedom of speech every time you make an opinion! Yadda yadda, dont like it dont come back, yeah yeah heard it before. Ever heard of improvement through trial and error? That is why companies use complaints systems you know. Half your problem here is because you are such a "Great webmaster" you think you know everything and think that the world will shape to work for you. MAKE A COMPLAINTS AREA YOU IDIOT, THEN MAYBE YOU CAN CHANGE WHAT IS BAD ABOUT THE SITE, RATHER THAN PRETEND YOU GOT IT PERFECT ALREADY CAUSE YOU CAN'T TAKE THE CRITISM.

Screw you! So I admit I didn't memorise that email either, but your email was towards the implication that DI does close threads without giving reason from time to time. The fact that DI did do this, without giving a reason, and in strange circumstances, adds up to alot of circ evidence pointing the finger at you knowing he does strange things like this for no reason when you replied like you did.

I am now officially pushing your buttons to piss you off and annoy you. AND I am Reese Charles, AND I ****ed all your moms, AND any other irritating thing I could possibly annoy you with.

(Well, okay maybe I am not Reese Charles, and maybe I didn't make sweet love to your mom, but still this must be pissing you off right? Oh come on! Smash a few plates, just for me!)

Jacob, take me.
07-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
Jacob, take me.
Oh yes, my moistness is like that of the Hoover Dam right now, yes siree...

07-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

The fourth fucktard said:"MAKE A COMPLAINTS AREA YOU IDIOT!"

Hey, we have one of those. It's called forums suggestions & Feedback, you dumb putz.

07-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

Wow. It's so incredibly obvious that you are Reece.
Firstly, you keep saying that you have left, but you still come back.
And second, just now you said 'Reece Charles', but since you came before him, you had to hear about him from us, and we only ever mentioned 'Reece'. And if we did mention 'Charles' it would have been once or twice and you would not have remembered it.

And DI made my other point.
Not that I know what a 'putz' is.

07-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Though I checked the IP addresses...it wouldn't surprise me if fourth was jacob.

The way they 'feed off eachother' is almost too obvious. Jacob is never that nice to somewhat newbies, and newbies never really get the chance to say anything to jacob.

How strange.