Oddworld Forums > Zulag Four > Necrum Burial Grounds

08-24-2003, 01:43 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

ooc: OK, I'm back.

#7 Slig: "Oh, that shade-Scrab has stopped. Maybe he thinks that we are harmless now and fleeing."

Arnie: "Hey, there's #7 Slig... And there's Jammer... Every Slig is there. Let's go to them."

08-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)
Oddworld fresh recruit

ferget it i'm out...
good luck

Last edited by Dave; 08-25-2003 at 12:01 PM..
08-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

: May 2003
: I cruise around...
: 227
Reiji Neko Mitsukai  (10)

Xene: *growls, then mumbles to herself* I'll show you 'hup'... *but runs through the fence anyway*

((ooc: Hey dripik, I put up another character profile in the "Hear ye, hear ye" thread. Do you think it would be okay for me to put her in now?))

"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named . . . but a DYING culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."
-- Robert Heinlein in Friday

08-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Exalmex: *Looks at the free-fire zone and stockyards, surveying the results*
Thoughts: 'Good. It looks like just about everyone has left. Everyone who can, anyway. Oh, Odd, I cant wait until I can next go to sleep.'
*Glows green, a few shade paramites appear*
Thoughts: 'Paramites: get any survivers and take them to the rest of the group. Scrab: Protect them.'
'Uh, I'm prety defenceless out here, with all the people with guns. I should leave.'
* Turns and walks through the fence *

08-28-2003, 08:53 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

ooc: sure, RNM, put her in the RPG. Your character sounds interesting.

*#7 Slig spots Vince, Correl, Tattoo, and the Glukkons*

#7 Slig: "Boss! Is everyone alright?"

Otto: "We're OK, #7 Slig."

#7 Slig: "OK then. It's a disaster, boss. Every Paramite is leaving Stockyards. We shot some of them, but many has survived and escaped through the fence."

Arnie: "Well, we can't do anything else. Go find the employees. Where's Jammer and RM?"

#7 Slig: "Well, I saw Jammer running from a shade Scrab, carrying RM."

Arnie: "OK, find them too."

08-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

: May 2003
: I cruise around...
: 227
Reiji Neko Mitsukai  (10)

((ooc: Yay! Thank you!))

Xene: *Is about to follow the rest of the paramites, when she hears soft sobbing coming from behind a rock. She quietly walks around to see a very young female paramite, barely older than a toddler. She speaks to the child with a soft voice, contrasting with her regular gruff manner.* Hey.

*the child is startled for a moment, then sees Xene and calms down.*

Xene:What's your name?

Mina: Mina.

Xene: *takes a few steps closer* Where are your parents? You're awfully young to be out on your own.

Mina: *sniffles* Daddy was hit... with something. He fell down and didn't get up. *sniffles* Then mommy got hit, but she told me to follow you guys, and then she ran towards the yellow things. *sniffles* The yellow things hit her with the things that make really loud noises, and she fell down too. *Sniffles again, then begins sobbing again*

Xene: thoughts: This poor girl... she doen't have anyone left. Just like me. *feels a soft spot growing in her heart for the kid*

Hey, *walks over to Mina* You don't have to cry anymore. I lost two people close to me too. You can stay with me. I'll make sure nothing hurts you, okay?

Mina: *sniffles* Okay.

"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named . . . but a DYING culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."
-- Robert Heinlein in Friday

08-29-2003, 01:43 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

RM: Jammer! The scrab stopped! Will you now please put me down? This is embarrassing...

Jammer: That's nice to hear.

RM: What's nice to hear?! That I'm embarrassed?!

Jammer: I was talking about the scrab. I didn't hear you say anything about being embarrassed.

RM: You didn't hear, or didn't listen?

Jammer: Pick one.

RM: *mumbles*

Jammer: Whatcha say? *stops suddenly* Sh*t! Muse, check it, the boss' at the gates. 7# Slug is there too... they're talkin'... Whaddaya say if we hide over there-- *points at a small hole between two rocks* --and wait till the boss leaves, eh?

RM: *gives Jammer a questioning look* ...Why should we do that?

Jammer: I dunno, I just have this feelin'--

RM: What feeling?! Look, this is getting crazy... What about if you let me do the thinking...

Jammer:... sure... just don't blame me when boss is flaming us.

RM: Huh!? *sniggers* Where do you come up with that stuff? Flame us? Why would he do that, it wasn't our fault that the animals were let loose. We didn't do it ,so, we don't get flamed. Simple.

Jammer: ...Jayne did...

RM: What?

Jammer: Jayne let those paramites loose.

RM:... *face goes blank* What?!?

Jammer: I saw her do it--...

RM:..--What?!!

Jammer:..--so I bet that, her future recidence will be between eggs and milk at the cooler--...

RM:...---WHAT??!!

Jammer: Now what are ya screamin' for?! You could raise the dead with that screaming, sheesh, calm down!

RM: I got to go to Jayne! I have to tell her--...

Jammer: ..--Yea, like how you plan to go past that scrab, huh? Crawl underneath it and hope it doesn't see you?! Face it Weed, ya can't do anything at the moment.

RM: But...

Jammer: Don't start that...

RM: But, but,but...!

Jammer: But nothing! We're going!

*walks to Arnie& co, still carrying RM*

Jammer: *to Arnie* We're okay boss. Right Muse?

RM:...Yeah-- fine...---Will you put me down now?

Jammer: Oh, yeah... sure! *puts RM down*

RM: ...Many thanks... *wipes dust off his shoulders*

[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::]

Ammy: *is sitting in a shadowed corner, sniffing and crying loudly* I'm such a bad owner! *sniff* I lost my puppy-- and now he's *sob*--- GONE! I can't find him... Adrian! Where are you...?
...come back... *sniff* ...come back to me...

08-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Reptile
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2003
: Inside You
: 537
Reptile  (10)

ooc: Hey sorry for the long absence....I can still be in this right...whats going on so far *begins reading*

09-02-2003, 10:46 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

Arnie: "Ah, more Sligs have arrived, Jammer and... er... Red... uhm... Muse! You should go with #7 Slig to look for the workers in Stockyards."

Otto: "Your memory is not like it was earlier, is it, Arn?

Arnie: "Uhm, well... yes."

09-06-2003, 10:06 PM
tybie_odd
Fuzzle

: Aug 2001
: Riverside, California, USA
: 144
tybie_odd  (10)

((ooc: wow! lots of replies... sorry about my AWOL--college is getting busy again, so I'll be kinda short of time for a while. v.v ))
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::BIC::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Smudge: Look fer workers....okay, let's go! *shoulders his gun and follows #7 Slig*

Vince: *watches Jayne, squinting to see her over the distance*
Thoughts: What is she doing over there?

Correl: ...What shall we do, boss? *looks disheartenedly at the huge mess of blood and bullets surrounding them*
Thoughts: I'd hate to have to clean all this up....agh, I'm sure we'll have to sooner or later...

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

Jayne: Everybody's out? Everybody's okay?--Well, everybody who is alive is okay? *quickly glances around the ruined Free Fire Zone...now more than worthy of its name, being littered with bodies*
Thoughts: Nothing moving...they must've made it..... now, where do I go?

Jayne: *looks out through the twisted hole in the chainlink fence into the wild, unspoiled wilderness beyond*
Thoughts: Into nature...alone, unprepared, and hunted by the security no doubt... OR....

Jayne: *looks back towards the factory, still billowing out smoke and surrounded by the dead animals. She notices Arnie and Otto standing near one of the exits, very far away... then she sees #7 Slig & co. searching the Stockyards* .....
Thoughts: So familiar, so home-like...all the faces, just like family...the only family I have....would I leave them? Though there's no doubt that I will have to repay my crime....maybe, replace the meat I freed? No! No, that wouldn't happen! It couldn't...would it? What will it cost to stay here?

Jayne: *spots RM among the sligs*
Thoughts: What would it cost to leave! I can't leave! I can't leave him. I have to face my consequences.

*Jayne walks steadily towards the sligs' search party*

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

Adrian: *rolls around in the cool mud, trying to cover his wound and whining....then suddenly seems to hear something and gets up* Rrrroouuuuwwwww!!! *bolts off limping toward the factory as fast as he can (which is pretty slow right now) -- following the faint, faint sound of Ammy's voice, and following her smell*
My RP cc's: Smudge | Jayne | Vince | Correl

09-10-2003, 01:24 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

*#7 Slig and co. finds Jayne*

#7 Slig: "Hey, here's a Mudokon... Jayne! You run pretty fast. Those Paramites didn't have a chance! Smudge and me helped you a bit, too... Red Muse, Jammer. Take her back to the boss. We will look for more workers. Jayne, got any idea where the others are?"

09-14-2003, 09:04 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

RM: *to #7 slig* Sure... We'll take her... *takes Jayne's hand and whispers to her* My Odd Jayne! What were you thinking back there? You could've get yourself killed!

Jammer: *sniggers* I know someone who has a date with the meat grinder...

RM: *barks back to Jammer* Shut up!

Jammer: Oohh... touchy, touchy, touchy... Can it Weed, the girl's safe an' sound. C'mon, let's get her to the boss!

RM: Sure... *looks at Jayne* Don't worry Liebling, everything's gonna be okay. The boss is not mad at you--and I can assure you that he doesn't even know that it was you let the paramites loose...

Jammer:--Will you shut up Weed!? All that sweet-talk is making me sick... Let's just get her to the boss, aye? ....*raises eyebrow and grins* Or do I need to carry you both there?

RM: *casts a dull look at Jammer's direction*...No... thank you. *turns back to Jayne slowly leading her to Arnie*
Listen, Jayne--you trust me don't you? If you do, you can cast aside the fear, dearest. Arnie will understand you. He's a decent guy-- for a glukkon... *continues soothing Jayne*

Jammer: Oh man... How does she do it? How can she listen to that sweet-mumbo-jumbo without throwing up? *scratches the back of his head*... Must be one of 'em girl powers... chicks are probably resistant to sweet-talk or somethin'....

[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::]~o~[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::]

Ammy: *hears far-away howling* Huh?...*sniff*... A-Adrian...? *stands up* ...Adrian? ...ADRIAN!? Where are you boy!

*looks around nervously*

Ammy: (What if he's hurt!)...Adrian don't move! Mommy's coming!

*runs to the direction, where she thinks she hear the voice coming from*

Ammy: Adrian! Keep howling boy, so I can hear you! Don't worry, I'll find you!

09-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

(OOC: So sorry to butt in here guys, but as you may have noticed, this thread is huge!
And I would very much appreciate it if you would allow me to close this thread, and for dripik to start a sequal called Work at Rupture Farms v.2. or whatever he wants to call it, and please include a backstory or summery highlighting the key events, this'll mean you'll get many more members, including me, who can join because they know what's happening.

I will close this thread and move it to Necrum, but i will be sure to give a link to it on the new thread

Thanks,
Charlie)
09-16-2003, 03:55 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

ooc: You... you mean mod, you!

OK, OK, I understand. I'll create a new thread.

Last edited by dripik; 09-17-2003 at 07:48 AM..
09-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

I'm closing this thread v.2 can be found here:

http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=8964

You'll keep the same characters and story it's just that a 23 page thread kind of puts off newbies