Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-21-2001, 03:25 AM
Godd
Stunk

: Apr 2001
: 44
Godd  (10)

mmmmm well, if it can really get that bad... i guess status could be important for some people. i'm still at the lower level anyway

hihihihi these oddicons are great
04-21-2001, 11:01 AM
dumboddrw2
Fuzzle

: scotland
: 122
dumboddrw2  (10)

I wonder what I am. Well,I can tell now by directing my mask to the left. Ah ha.

04-21-2001, 12:27 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

so far, i think Osiris is the highest, as a Glukkon Pud.

ALL HAIL OSIRIS!!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-21-2001, 01:00 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I'm not hailing him! He's one of about 2 people with a higher post count than me! Guess we both don't have a lot to do huh?
04-21-2001, 01:17 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Rettick's got the right idea! ALL HAIL OSIRIS! hahahaha

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-21-2001, 01:42 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

mabye the status levels give you different pictures like when yosu are a crawling slig you have a picture of a crawling slig.

04-22-2001, 03:57 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Oddbodd: continual spamming is considered breaking of a rule. It will likely result in warnings and eventual banning if the warnings are not heeded. Losing post count is an option we can consider. Basically, don't post pointless one word responses, or post irrelvant stuff in discussion topics, then you'll be ok.

As for member ratings... there is a feature on UBB to allow you to rate other members. We decided to disable this feature simply for the fact that it could cause conflicts and uneeded irritation on the board. i.e. if someone didn't like someone and kept giving them low ratings. Everyone here is equal, and using member ratings in our opinion makes some people seem superior to others.

One forum I visit though does have groups or similar. They are not official and are just amongst the posters. But people like say post about wanting a guardian angel, or being a member of a posse and you put it in your signature. It's fun and a great way to make friends, providing it doesn't get out of hand.

We are actually going to implement a futher ranking system which will have stars or icons based on number of posts also (these will rise less frequently than the levels).

Lantra: We can actually have pictures in the rankings... but I think the custom photos are best as everyone can choose their own from the gallery rather than being stuck with the one that is on their level.

And to clear it up... rankings (as opposed to ratings) are just a bit of fun... nothing that people should be judged by... they just allow you to gain a different level of species based on your post count.

Abe Babe...

[ April 21, 2001: Message edited by: Abe Babe ]

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Who care what rank you are... I just wanted to see the funny stuffz there are... like blazed intern. I think the interns smoke pot because of the wanked out music they listen to, and there eyes are all red.