Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

07-26-2002, 03:28 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Okay, sorry for the double post, but here's the next chapter. I know it's really short, but I was running short on time. I will post the next one in 1-3 days.

-----------------------
Chapter 2: Circutry

Jimbo towed the robot home on his hoverbike, cautiously flying through congested traffic. As he reached his mobile home, Jimbo noticed his father's hovercar in the driveway. Oh great, he thought. I'm going to have to get around Dad.

Jimbo put his palm on the scanner and opened the door. No sight of Dad--he must be in his bedroom watching TV. Jimbo creeped to his bedroom, hiding the bucket of bolts behind his back, and palm-locked the door.

He got out his Cyber-Fixin' For Teens kit from under his bed and got to work. Jimbo had just got a new book called Bolts & Circuts for Nutheads.

As he worked and worked, minutes passed. Then hours. He kept working on the scrambled robot, until it was nearly 8:15. He heard a knock on his door.

"Jimbo, honey?" It was his mother. Oh joy. "Is it alright if I come in?"

"Umm..."Jimbo panicked. What could he say? "I'm...uh...throwing up."

"In your room? Why didn't you go to the bathroom?"

"Uh...I just couldn't hold it. I really had to blow chunks."

"Don't use that term in this house, Jimbo. Why can't I come in?"

"I...don't want you to catch what I have."

"Well, honey, it's time for dinner. Do you want me to transport it into your room?"

"Yes, please."

Jimbo went over to the hub installed in the corner of his room. A plate instantly appeared with dinner on it. He carried it over to the table and continued working.

At nearly 11:20, he heard another knock. This time it was Jimbo's dad.

"Ah, Jimbo?" He said.

"Yeah Dad?" said Jimbo.

"Your mother and I are going to bed. Lights out soon, alright?"

"Okay, Dad. G'night."

"Goodnight."

At once, the robot lit up. Finally, Jimbo thought.

"Wh-where am I?" It asked.

"Err...I'm Jimbo. I accidentally trashed you up on the back of my hoverbike."

"Really?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"No, it's alright. It was my fault. I am RJ695007ADJ. But you can call me RJ."

"Okay, RJ, can you stay under my bed tonight? I sorta don't want my parents to find out I did this."

"Err...sure..."

"Oh yeah, and one more thing--are you with the Universal RoboForce?"

"Yes, I am one of the higher commanders."

"Great..." Jimbo was almost certain he would get sued by this guy. And his family barely had any money to live in their small, dingy, old mobile home. I really dug myself into a ditch this time, he thought.
------------------------

So, whadaya think? I'll give you this picture, too; it's from the latest animated scene that I have finished for my movie. This time it's a Xandonian bed: It's voice commanded, and once you are fully enclosed in the bed, if you cannot sleep it will release a gas that will make you fall asleep. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed.gif
Views:	98
Size:	12.5 
ID:	387  

07-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)
Native Hmm...hello?

Platyquarks- These wildlife creatures are not found on Xandox, but on the lush, beautiful planet of Terquan. Platyquarks have a plate of bone covering most of their face, and they use it to fend off intruders as well as fighting for a female. Their six legs are equipped with extremely strong nails which they use to dig into the ground to find insects for dinner. They are highly mobile, but most live in herds on the grassy plains. The Platyquarks use their rattler as communication, since they were not born with mouths. To eat, they simply put one of their six feet onto the food and suck it up through the leg. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	platyquarkfront.gif
Views:	103
Size:	6.4 
ID:	394  

07-28-2002, 08:31 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Here is a side picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	platyquarkside.gif
Views:	108
Size:	5.1 
ID:	395  

07-28-2002, 08:36 PM
thebomb372
Thudslug

: Jul 2002
: hell
: 164
thebomb372  (10)

haha that looks funny but I like it.
07-29-2002, 10:09 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Chapter 3: Bribery and Disappointment

Jimbo exited Inglebert Middle School with Elwood. They walked over to the hoverbike stands, mounting their hoverbikes. As the best friends took off, Jimbo turned the opposite direction.

"Hey Jimbo, our houses are this way," Elwood stated.

"Yeah, I know," said Jimbo, "I have to go pick up some stuff." He held the acceleration and sped off. Elwood noticed a cart attached to the back of Jimbo's vehicle.

--------------------------

As Jimbo sped through Xandox, he looked around for some decent stores. His eyes fell on a shop called Mac's Tech Shop. Hey, RJ might like that, he thought.

He went through the dirty automatic door. An electronic bell chimed from the top of the door, and a young guy slid out to the checkout counter.

"W'sup, I'm Jake. You want sumthin' or what?" said the boy. He had an extremely tapered head, his body was a slightly darker color than Jimbo's, and he was wearing a pair of retro blue glasses with three eyes staring back at Jimbo.

"Uh, no thanks, I'm just looking," Jimbo said. He looked around. It was a very dingy and dark room with piles of elecronical junk on many shelves. Jimbo walked over to a lower shelf on the right.

"Yo, dude, you gotta get that," said Jake. He came out from behind the counter. Jimbo glanced down to see that Jake had no legs. In their place there was a large hoverdisk.

"Uh...are you..."Jimbo stuttered.

"You thought it right, man. I'm half Limbon. My pop was a Limbon, my momma was a Martian. I'm a mixed up dude, man!"

"Right...so what's this?" Jimbo pointed at a small stick with wires sticking out this way and that.

"Hey, I don't really know, home fry. That's Mac's field. He's my brainy uncle, y'know what I'm sayin'?"

"Oh, okay...well, do ya think that a URF robot will like it?"

"I don't know, little green dude. Maybe...hey!"

"What?"

"Those military home dogs like all that old and amazing stuff, right?"

"Umm...I guess..."

"S'cool, s'cool. Come over here." Jake hovered over to a door that had and EMPLOYEES ONLY sign above it. Jimbo followed.

"Yo, my unc's not home yet, so we gotta be quick. This is his private projects, man." Jake pointed to a swiveling chair with many computer screens, buttons and wires surrounding it. "This," he started, "Is the Mactrix. Mac uses it to control life. He can create or modify anything in the entire universe. But I think he only uses it for some project he started in college, not for gettin' sweet stuff out of nowhere, y'know what I'm sayin?"

"Wow...that is pretty cool..."

"Yeah, but it's illegal, so keep your mouth shut."

"Okay...what is this?" Jimbo pointed to a large white box with a small door on the top.

"Dude, that's an ancient artifact. Mac found it deep underground, he says it's from like 700 years ago. He tweaked it so that it does something...I forgot what it was...pretty cool stuff, though."

"Umm...an artifact, huh? I'll take it."

A 30 minutes later, Jimbo had his cart full. He heard the electronic chime play, and looked over to the dirty door. A Limbon walked in.

"Dude, it's Uncle Mac!" whispered Jake. "Hide your cart, man. He doesn't want me to sell some of that stuff."

"Jolly good day, Jake," said Mac. He had a strange speech disorder that kept him from pronouncing r's. "Serving a customer, eh?"

"Yeh, yeh, j-just selling him normal stuff," stuttered Jake.

"Listen," whispered Jimbo, "If your uncle wants to keep these, then I probably shouldn't buy them."

"Naw, naw, you buy 'em, dude. I'll take care of it."

"Really? You promise?"

"Sure, sure. Here's the total." He pointed at the screen. Jimbo's jaw dropped.

"Umm..uh...lemme see..." Jimbo pulled out his wallet. "I've been saving up for some hovershoes for two years...oh, man...but...but...this is more important. I could get sued if I don't get this, and I'll be a disappointment to my parents...oh well, goodbye hovershoes..."
He sighed and pulled out his virtual cash card, scanned it, and saw the number on the card drop to zero. Jimbo trudged out, attached the cart to the back of his hoverbike, and sped off.

"Yo, lil' green dude!" Jake yelled, holding up a blue backpack. "You forgot your backpack!"

------------------------

As he reached his mobile home, he dragged the cart to the back door. He would have to sneak it in. He put his palm on the scanner and the door unlocked and opened. He tiptoed over to the back door, being as quiet as possible.

"Hey, son, how was school?"

Jimbo froze. It was Dad.

"Uh..h-hey, Dad," Jimbo said nervously.

"What took you so long? It's almost dinnertime."

Jimbo looked outside, only to see a purple and orange sunset. "Um...I was...er..." Think fast, think fast. "Iwasfixingamonitorwithmisterplazo!" Jimbo blurted out quickly. He hoped that his dad would be convinced. Please, please...

"Oh, okay, Jimbo. It's good to know you were helping someone out." Dad walked through the door into the kitchen.

Whew, thought Jimbo. Man, now I feel horrible. I have been lieing quite a bit to my parents these past few days, and they think I'm doing something good. But I could be costing us our house, our hovercar, and everything else we own. Oh, man.

Jimbo pulled the cart into his room. He opened his closet and brought RJ out.

"What's all this?" RJ asked.

"It's for you," answered Jimbo.

"Oh, really? Well, what did I do that was so special?"

"Well...ah...you know..."

"Oh, this is so I won't sue you, isn't it?"

"Well...er...yes."

"Don't worry, like I said before, it was my fault. I can't take all of this."

"Really?" Jimbo's eyes lit up. "So...I can just return all of this, and get my hovershoes! Yeah baby, YEAH!" He hopped up on the dresser and did a funky jig. RJ just rolled his eyes and went back into the closet.

--------------------------

The next day, Jimbo headed for Mac's Tech Shop after school, carrying the cart of electronic devices on the back of his hoverbike again. He raced inside, and lifted the extremely heavy cart up to Jake.

"I would like to return all of this," said Jimbo, struggling to keep the cart up.

"Hey, sorry dude, can't help ya there," Jake pointed to a sign. NO REFUNDS, it said. Jimbo dropped the cart on his foot, shocked. He trudged out of the shop again, and sped off to his house. Instead of hovershoes, those long two years of saving up were wasted on a pile of junk that he would never use. Why me, he thought. Why me?

"Yo, I almost forgot!" hollered Jake. "YOU FORGOT YOUR BACKPACK, DUDE!"

---------------------------

So that's Chapter 3. I hope you liked it.

Oh yeah, and here's some info on Mac and the Limbons:

Mac- Mac owns a little dingy shop on Xandox, and graduated from OASGHPU. Limbons are trained to be scientists and inventors. Mac invents many things, including the amazing Mactrix, which allows him to create, modify, or enhance any living or nonliving thing in the entire universe. Don't worry, though, he only uses it for scientific purposes (Top Secret, so shhhh!). Limbons can live for up to 200 years, but to live this long, they gradually lose their limbs. Mac is 120 years old, and doesn't have arms or legs. Jake is 52 (but that is equivalent to a human that's 14 years old), and only has his arms. Here's a pic of the two:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	macandjake.gif
Views:	112
Size:	8.9 
ID:	398  

08-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

Sometimes, I ask myself who can have such a cute fancy. The characters and the colors look sporatic. That's exactly that what I like on these pictures. The drawings may look simple, but they have the perfect expression to the story. You know, the simpler your art is looking, the more fun you will have to draw them; and the more fun will people have to look at them.

You punctilious will see that some forumer tend to visit your topics automatically. To look if you have drawn a new cute picture.

BTW, I like that drawing "guys" very much.

08-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Wow, thanks a lot, Alector! That means a lot coming from an extremely skilled artist such as yourself. I had no idea you liked them!

Okay, I don't like this picture at all, but here goes:

This is Bonndon. He owns Bonndon's Family Eats on Xandox. Jimbo and his parents went to his resturant on Jimbo's birthday, thinking that is was going to be a fun, family atmosphere. Turns out it's a skanky, grungy old bar. Although Bonndon himself is a very skilled cook, the Zintons leave and have three TV dinners instead.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bonndon.gif
Views:	104
Size:	12.9 
ID:	407  

08-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Sir Fuzzy III
Zappfly

: May 2002
: 8
Sir Fuzzy III  (10)
I'm soooo sorry

Hey everybody I was just joking I hope I didn't offend anybody. You see Mac is my friend and I know him personally so I was just fooling around you see I didn't mean anything about it so I'm sorry if I made any type of inconvienence.

Soooooorrrrrrrryyyy

08-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Hey, no problem, Zack. I already explained it to everyone.

I'm sorry guys, but I haven't gotten much time to write the next chapter, as I have been incredibly busy the past two weeks. All I can give you is this new robot guy I thought up. I'm not sure that I will use him; I want to know what everybody thinks of him first. So...do you like him?

-Mac
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sodoyoulikehim?.gif
Views:	101
Size:	14.1 
ID:	410  

08-09-2002, 02:53 PM
quetzalcoatl
Thudslug

: Jul 2002
: Sweden, In the deep forest
: 187
quetzalcoatl  (10)

I like him Mac.
sorry Sir Fuzzle III my fault.
08-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

Mac the Janitor  (14)

Chapter 4: Big Super Birthday Bash

It had been a week since Jimbo had thrown away his money on those useless gadgets; it had also been a week since RJ had left Jimbo's closet and returned to the URF.

"JIMBO, PLEASE WAKE UP," blurted the built in alarm clock, "JIMBO, PLEASE WAKE UP." Jimbo groaned and mumbled, "Alarm off." The transparent covering opened up and he stumbled out of bed.

Suddenly, Jimbo froze in his tracks. Today isn't just any other horrid day, he thought. It's my 13th birthday. No more PG movies, no more being called a youngin', no more Sugar Coated Chocolate Covered Frosted Marshmallow Puffs for breakfast. I'm finally a teenager.

He hopped joyfully into the kitchen and grabbed a toaster pastry, said goodbye to his parents, and sped off on his hoverbike. Ah, he thought, today is the best day ever.

------------------------

Jimbo stomped into the house with numerous colored stains on his shirt and some spaghetti noodles draped over his head.

"So, how was my little birthday boy's special day?" asked Jimbo's mother.

"Let's see," growled Jimbo. He took a large breath. "I nearly got ran over five times on the way to school, I dropped my lunch off of my hoverbike, had to buy lunch, accidentally bumped into Quain, the school bully, I was consequently thrown into a dumpster, got a D on the test, my hoverbike ran out of hover fluid on the way home, I had to take the bus home, took the wrong bus, got on the right one, made friends with a hobo who later betrayed me, and finally reached home."

"Oh, well it probably wasn't that bad," said Jimbo's mother.

Jimbo just growled incoherently and stomped into his room. He closed the doors as hard as he could.

"Jimbo," his dad said from the other side of the door, "did you invite who you wanted to come to your big super birthday bash?"

Jimbo groaned. "Dad, I'm a bit too old for "big super birthday bashes" now, okay?"

"Oh, c'mon, son, it'll be fun!"

Jimbo knew there was no being on the face of Xandox that could convince his father not to have a birthday party for him.

"Oh, alright..." Of course, he could only think of one person to invite, and that was Elwood. But Jimbo didn't want his parents to know that he was dangerously unpopular. He had to think up some others. Let's see...hmm...

----------------------

A few hours later, Jimbo was sitting at the dinner table, silly birthday hat and all, with a frosted cake in front of him. Jimbo's mother, father, Elwood, an old man Jimbo had met on the bus, and RJ were all singing "Happy Birthday" to him, RJ looking quite humiliated. Jimbo blew out the candles and made his wish: I wish my life wasn't so horrible, he thought.

They all went over to the couch. Jimbo looked at his first present. It was the shape of a shoebox. Could it be? thought Jimbo, Could it really be?

He opened the box, and sure enough, it was hovershoes. Jimbo leapt off of the couch and jumped with glee. "Thanks, Elwood!" he said enthusiastically.

Elwood just smiled and said, "No problem, buddy."

Now this next present had holes in it. Jimbo rubbed his noggin. Holes...it has to breathe...let's see...Oh my gosh! I know what it is! It's a pet Fuzzbo! I always wanted one!

Jimbo tore through the wrapping paper like a dog searching for his favorite bone. He opened the cage and...no Fuzzbo.

"So, son, do you like it?" asked Dad.

"Um...Up...Erp...w-what is it?" stuttered Jimbo.

"It's a Fuzzbo, son! You've wanted a pet since you were five!"

"And...you're...you're...completely sure that it is a Fuzzbo?"

"Of course!"

Jimbo lifted it out of the cage. It was a squishy, blue, triangular-shaped blob.

"Well, it was being used for an experiment down at work," his dad said. Jimbo's dad was a janitor for the Universal RoboForce. "They said that they were trying to create the ultimate creature, but it failed. So they let me take it home for free!"

Jimbo stared at the thing. Fuzzbos are fuzzy, cute, and cuddly. This thing was squishy, lumpy and saggy. They must have made quite a bit of changes on this former Fuzzbo.

"So, what are you going to name it, honey?" asked Jimbo's mom.

"I'll name it...er...Squishbo."

---------------------

As the guests left, RJ came up to Jimbo.

"Jimbo," he said, "I really feel bad about you buying all of that stuff for me and not being able to return it. Now, I know this won't fully pay you back, but...I am willing to take you for a ride in a URF spaceship if you'd like."

"Wow, really?!" squealed Jimbo, "That'd be so cool! Thanks a lot, man!"

"You're very welcome, Jimbo. Here's my home phone number; call me whenever you would like that ride of yours. You are a very mediocre martian. Goodbye." RJ marched out the door gallantly.

Squishbo bounced over to Jimbo. Jimbo rolled his eyes and said, "You sure are a weirdo, Squishbo. Hey, now we've got something in common!"