Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Apr 2001
: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

:
Originally posted by Surfacing

What!!!

Are you saying guys can't express there emotions are good are girls? What i said before about them crying more than boys, which i still stand with, but if i have emotions to express i do! i don't cover them and bottle it all up?
Surf, this is what the whole article was about... I'm thinking you didn't even read it... or didn't exactly understand it. The article was saying that men hold in their emotions and weaknesses so that they can seem like men, and this makes them weaker, or forces them to mask parts of their personality.

Btw, will you please answer my question? This is the third time I've mentioned it, and you haven't answered. It wasn't rhetorical, please answer it.
03-05-2002, 09:31 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

:
Of course. Many boys are afraid of what others might think of them. So are girls. The only reason Boys cry less is because it is less socially acceptable for boys to cry.
Wanna bet?

03-05-2002, 09:34 PM

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR

Wanna bet?
Could you explain what you mean by "wanna bet?" I know it wasn't directed at me, but it was a bit of a confusing comment...
03-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

well malvin, i have never seen a female type cry abou tanything unless it be stress, or just osmehting they really care aobut. ive seen them cry over relationships, being unaccepted, actualy one who deserved to be in a top choir but didnt get in because freshemn werent allowed. the question i have is why guys try to act tough, like stuff doesnt affect them, then when others come for help we act like insensetive jerks. then it comes down to that being cool somehow. i just dont get how the different sex's have different standards, we're all human beings that all feel stuff, just dont say....
03-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Nothing at all! i'm just saying girls do it more often than boys that's!
So why are you so averse to the idea that boys might be sensitive? Even when the evidence is laid out in front of you, in simple terms, you still refuse to believe it... [Reminds me of someone...]

:
Originally posted by Pinkhaired Mudokon CWR:
Wanna bet?
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand - to which part of my statement were you referring to?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

03-05-2002, 09:40 PM

)))))()(((((((

That was very well said, Majic! I haven't really seen any one cry over small things, only things that affected them. I also don't see why a lot of males act really tough... I don't really, I can admit to weaknesses, I get hurt just like any one else and I can cry...
03-05-2002, 09:41 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand - to which part of my statement were you referring to?
You just saying that because Melv said it. . You guys never heard the phrase "wanna bet?"

03-05-2002, 09:42 PM

I've heard it, and I know what it means... But what do you want to bet about? Every thing Danny said was quite true, liberal and not sexist at all. What are you wanting to argue in his post?
03-05-2002, 09:47 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Oh my goodness....

:
Originally posted by Melvin:squeeking paramite
I've heard it, and I know what it means... But what do you want to bet about? Every thing Danny said was quite true, liberal and not sexist at all. What are you wanting to argue in his post?
I know, I was just kidding. My gosh.

The crying thing is true alittle bit.

03-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
You just saying that because Melv said it. . You guys never heard the phrase "wanna bet?"
If I'd seen that Dyl had posted that, I wouldn't have posted it, would I? Anyway, the phrase "Wanna bet?" is generally used when you wish to disagree with something the other person has said. What did I say that you wish to disagree with?

03-05-2002, 09:52 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Danny
If I'd seen that Dyl had posted that, I wouldn't have posted it, would I? Anyway, the phrase "Wanna bet?" is generally used when you wish to disagree with something the other person has said. What did I say that you wish to disagree with?
Oh my goodness, it's like you guys never heard of a joke before. I think I should of put a "lol j/k" at the end.

03-05-2002, 09:53 PM

////////\\\\\\\\\

I don't mean to be rude, but where was the joke? You acted as if you were disagreeing with one of Dan's statements...
03-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

There was a couple of other articles on this issue some time ago...so that article isn't 'one in a million'.
Just to clear that bit up....

Yes it is true females 'seem' to be more emotional then males, but its 'expected' of them as they are the 'child rearers'.
Males tend not to show the so called 'whimpy' emotions due to old stereotype 'real men don't cry'.
Socially males are pressured to hide their feelings and 'act like a man', macho and tough. (gotta love stereotypes eh? *sigh*)
Times have changed...its time for guys to let their true feelings known without repercussion! Come on guys! Tell us how you really feel!

(me...as an aside...seem to be the opposite of the 'stereotypical' female. *sigh* I wonder if I am really a dude in a female body...well...not really...but I am pretty insensitive for a female. *grumbles something about not liking how she is...*)

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

03-05-2002, 10:16 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Dragadon

(me...as an aside...seem to be the opposite of the 'stereotypical' female. *sigh* I wonder if I am really a dude in a female body...well...not really...but I am pretty insensitive for a female. *grumbles something about not liking how she is...*)
Same here. I not those prissy ditzy crying girls who just got dumped. There are some males who cry when girls are really going out with them because of their money and they dumped them if they ran out of money. That's what happened to a couple of my male friends and they get so upset. Some guys can tough it out and some girls can too.

03-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

I'll admit it! I can cry. In fact, if you want to be macho, it takes a lot of "man" to admit that. But I often tend to hide my feelings just because I like to face them on my own. I will gladly accept help, but I don't like other people getting into my business unless I want them to. I dunno. Maybe I am part of that stereotype, but I am sensitive.

03-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2001
: 456
Steve  (32)

to quote Douglas Adams: "back in the day when men were real men, women were real women, and small furry blue creatures from alpha centari were real small furry blue creatures."

I find nothing insulting myself but I'm not sensitive then again I'm not tough(whatsoever).
03-06-2002, 05:05 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

:
Originally posted by Danny
So why are you so averse to the idea that boys might be sensitive? Even when the evidence is laid out in front of you, in simple terms, you still refuse to believe it... [Reminds me of someone...]

Because when i saw that it said girls are stonger than boys i thought physically not emotionally.
03-06-2002, 05:37 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I couldn't resist posting this pic! And it has to do with this topic...in a way.

Click the attachment.

Alcar...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	girlswin.gif
Views:	152
Size:	33.1 
ID:	64  
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

03-06-2002, 06:06 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

LOL!!!!!!! That's hilerous alcar!
03-06-2002, 07:59 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

ho ho ho ho

US MEN ARE SO WEAK!!! WE ARE SOOO PUNY!

runs around with bucket on head screaming "tuna"

03-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Whistling kettle
Boombat

: Jan 2002
: The Netherlands
: 239
Whistling kettle  (10)

Bla bla bla! Wow I don't really know what to say !
Not ALL boys are the same! That counts also for girls!
*trying to make an arguement*
This can make me angry, it's so *******.
It reminds me of the oldest joke in the world.
*son: but dad, real beauty is inside, isn't it? Dad: only ugly people say that!*

It's, so untrue! That stuff about boys I........ ********** (I just had to say that, sorry ) I'll stop this will make me only more angry.

.....................Yellow flub submarine!!!!!!.......
.............................I'll do it my way............

03-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Because when i saw that it said girls are stonger than boys i thought physically not emotionally.
Did you read the article? It never stated that girls were physically stronger than boys.
03-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

:
Originally posted by Gluk Schmuck

Did you read the article? It never stated that girls were physically stronger than boys.
That was before i read the aricle.
03-07-2002, 03:35 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
yeah...

why does this topic turn up a lot???
03-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Dragadon
Times have changed...its time for guys to let their true feelings known without repercussion! Come on guys! Tell us how you really feel!
Oh Rachel... I love you! Don't ever leave me! No! Come back! *breaks down into sobs and falls to his knees*

:
If it comes down to it, I'm not exactly masculine, either... Jenni said she thought I was a woman when she first joined the forums...

EDIT: Not that I'm not incredibly handsome and sexy, of course...

03-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Question

Guyness and girlness, i never understood it. On the 'net if you have a neuter type name, than it is next to impossible for me to pick out the gus from the girls! Usually.