Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

02-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Alright, I know some here believe in evolution so think of how old the world is dated by evolutionists: Billions of figging' years upon years. You don't think humans have been around for a long time, right? Only twenty or thirty thousand years, right? And the industrial revolution came about only a few hundred, correct? All the "bad things" for the environmen happened then. Over 99 percent of all creatures to be around are extinct. We will not do jakk shit to mother ature the scars shall heal. Acres upon acres are used for golfing, the shittiest sport in the world to play or watch besides soccer in my opinion, you could turn that into housing. People can live in tibet, the gobi desert etceter, and raise incredible amounts of food feasibly by the green revolution. If people would use things like "frankkenfood" and specil fertilizers and crops, production of food would skyrocket! If everybody in the whole world would swear off golfing and soccer and pointless nascar races we'd have a hell of a lot of surplus lands where the homeless and the unwanted children or whatever you define them as can live. With the green revolution, frankenfoods, biodomes etc., we could have a lot of land to grow stuff on and live on. We could feed 135 billion people with the crops grown with technology known now, much more with further technologies and with other land raise amazing amounts of meat animals. All we have to do is work for about 50 years to perfect certain known agricultural breakthroughs and swear off golf, polo, the sports people really don't like. The human race would vote every ten years to eliminate a really shitty sport. Hell this would be way mor enterrtaining than the presidential elections" Water polo will never go, eliminate tennis! Shitty sport that takes entirely too much land!" We can do it people! As long ass we all forget peples race and gender and religion and work together for thhe common good of all man and women kind, Oh forget it, that will never happen. Slaughter the innocent!
02-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Dark_Whitty_666
Bolamite

: Feb 2002
: England
: 52
Dark_Whitty_666  (10)
Native

:
If you want to consider a method for controlling population, forget abortion and turn your attention to putting to death the guilty, not the innocent. Murderers, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. are some you can begin with.
Yea pinky you did say that about homosexuals, what do you mean it was an example and you didnt say nothing about it??? I dont think we read it fast i think you typed it fast.

02-15-2002, 08:20 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Apr 2001
: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

:
Originally posted by Dark_Whitty_666

Yea pinky you did say that about homosexuals, what do you mean it was an example and you didnt say nothing about it??? I dont think we read it fast i think you typed it fast.
No I did'nt say that. I know what I said and I did not say that. If I wanted to kill homosexuals, then how come I haven't killed my brother yet? Besides, I can't type fast that much anymore. It was an example and an opinion stated by some one who was against abortion.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 02-15-2002 at 12:24 PM..
02-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Rap is horrible. It's the type of thing that can ruin you for the rest of your life.
No further questions!
02-15-2002, 10:41 PM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

This is the main part of the sentence
Putting to death the Murderers, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. are some you can begin with.

You quite obviously did.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

02-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Pinky has been quite clear that she's not the author of that text she posted, although those questionable lines are enough to discredit the whole article. Perhaps confusion arose when pinky wrote the following text before the article:
:
Here's something I put together:

02-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Pinky, some times i wonder why you are so hell bent on calling others liars...
i mean on one topic, you made fun of someone that was in a special ed class, then to redeem yourself, you said that some of your family are 'special'
when the topic of homosexuals came up, you seemed to try and redeem yourself by claiming your brother was gay.
now, when the whole halocaust/abortion issue arises, you claim to be 'part jewish' also, it appears you're trying to redeem yourself with this comment. maybe your telling the truth, maybe not.
i won't say any more however....
02-18-2002, 08:49 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

if the baby can think or no, does that give you the right to destroy its furture, its god given right to live just because you think that its going to make your life more uncomfortable. A person who thinks this doesn't even deserve to hold that baby in their arms let alone have the choice whether it should live or not.
I just get disgusted at the thought of it.

02-18-2002, 09:15 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Nov 2001
: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)
Oddworld ~Abortion~

i also think it is Saitin's work, too gather a baby into death at birth. DISCUSTINGLY EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to kill their sun because the mother wants the 'plessure' issue. That is sick.

~Mudokon101...

02-18-2002, 09:33 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)
Re: ~Abortion~

:
Originally posted by Mudokon101
i also think it is Saitin's work, too gather a baby into death at birth. DISCUSTINGLY EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if a baby dies without committing sin it is straight up to heaven... Baptism is another issue

02-18-2002, 09:46 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)
Oddworld HELL vs. HEAVEN

I never said anything about hell, I said to kill a baby at birth.......nothing about hell......

Mudokon101...

02-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

All are born blind, dead and enemies of god. Who knows where the unborn babies go? Original sin, old adam, the darkside, whatever you may call it, no one is innocent.
02-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

*doesn't quite understand what M101 or Stattik are going on about*

In my opinion, if a woman has had sex and not bothered with any form of contraception she should not be allowed an abortion - after all, she knew what she was getting into, and excuses like "my boyfriend left me, I can't bring the child up alone" are pathetic and cynical. However, I do not believe that abortion should be made illegal - if a woman is that desperate to get rid of her unborn child she will do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal. It's been shown over and over that women who can't get a "proper" (and by that I mean in a hospital) abortion will simply go out and get one done by some other means - perhaps pay for someone to do it, or do it herself, with a knitting needle or a coathanger or something similar, risking her own life. Surely saving one life is better than wasting two, and like many here have said, God will judge them for it.

What I'd like to know is what all the very religious people here feel about the young girl who desires an abortion because she is only 12, and was raped by her father. Not only is she probably barely fertile, is incest not a sin? And who is punished, the father for raping the child (or perhaps persuading her that sex is a good idea) or the child for desiring the abortion? Surely you aren't going to force her to carry the child (not only dangerous because of her age, but also mentally traumatic because of who was the father) and then simply take it away from her?

02-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

If you argue that abortion isn't destroying a life, but preventing a life from starting, does that mean that you support abortion right up until one second before birth? It seems like you're drawing a line where nothing suggests there should be one. Sure, we have "birthdays" that mark the day we were spat from our mother's womb, but they're more of a cultural/legal thing.

A baby can live outside its mothers womb quite some time prior to nine months. Does this make it okay to kill a prematurely born baby on the basis that it is still a "foetus"?

02-18-2002, 09:56 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Yeah,

Some babies are born taken out of the body before it's there time because of that "Toxic" disease, and they don't look quite done. Does that mean that mother has a right to take that baby away from this earth because of that disease which does'nt last long?

02-18-2002, 09:58 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by abe22
This is the main part of the sentence
Putting to death the Murderers, homosexuals, adulterers, etc. are some you can begin with.

You quite obviously did.
No, I did not. I already told you about that like a thousand times.

02-19-2002, 01:36 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Regarding the subject, I'm personally against abortion, if the baby was mine. I can't extrapolate that to decide what other people should do with their own babies, it's a very dificult thing to do.

:
Originally posted by ODDBODD:
if a baby dies without committing sin it is straight up to heaven... Baptism is another issue.
Looking into the logic of this assertion, and considering only that, doesn't it imply that killing a foetus (who apparently hasn't had time to commit any sins) is actually a good action, since it means that it goes straight to heaven?

And People, please don't ask Pinky about killing homosexuals. The text she posted was not writen by her, therefore, it doesn't reflect exactly her own opinions. Be kind to her.

Last edited by Lampion; 02-18-2002 at 08:01 PM..
02-19-2002, 02:48 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

I think in some situations it is ok to have an abortion, see if you think of it how about if the mother use's drugs,or she is not mentally stable to take care of the infant. Also there is war amoung this world would you really want to bring in a child to see the horror's of the every day world.?
02-19-2002, 07:01 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

if the mother isn't stable, why doesn't the child go up for adoption instead of destroying the baby's chance of life.

You people must understand that the spark of life is beuty. I'm sure none of you would feel happy about your mothers agreeing to kill your egg?

If you dont want a baby, then dont ****! stupid idiots get pregnent all the time because they are lazy and stupid. The baby does not have to pay for it... And it shouldn't

02-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by ODDBODD
1. I'm sure none of you would feel happy about your mothers agreeing to kill your egg?

2. If you dont want a baby, then dont ****! stupid idiots get pregnent all the time because they are lazy and stupid. The baby does not have to pay for it... And it shouldn't
1. No, I wouldn't feel happy if I didn't exist, I wouldn't be capable of emotion if I didn't exist!

2. What about people who don't know that sex leads to babies?
What about the people who don't have access to contraceptives?
02-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
If you dont want a baby, then dont ****! stupid idiots get pregnent all the time because they are lazy and stupid.(1) The baby does not have to pay for it... And it shouldn't(2)

hmmmm..well, first to deal with (1)....are you implying, that people should only have sex to reproduce?
If so, i feel that you've just made an incredibly odd statement.
Sure, SOME people have sex for the sole purpose of having a child.
But, i suppose one of the 'traps' of sex, is that it feels too damned good. As far as people who have unplanned children being stupid idiots? well, i won't even comment on that.
Sure, pregnancies can be caused by laziness, or by pure accident...so what? sex is truly a beautiful thing, as is life.
2..i somewhat agree with you. I mean, sure, if a woman is unstable, adoption is key. I'm adopted, and it has not really had any ill effects on me. As far as the whole 'babies not having to pay for our mistakes' comment, well unfortunatley, with the majority of unplanned pregnancies, they do. Not because they are aborted or adopted, but because the parents failed to make the right choice, and bring them into an unsafe, ad unloving enviornment. and just as some of you are totally against abortion, others are totally against adoption. i don't really know if my reply made sense to anyone other than myself, but hey, i tried.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

02-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Okay, I am not going to attempt to argue with anything Pinky has said, because I know better, now... Just one question: I know that what you posted wasn't written by you, but if you disagreed with what it said, why did you post it? And if you do agree with it, then how would pointing out that you didn't write it justify it?

:
Originally posted by Sydney
If you argue that abortion isn't destroying a life, but preventing a life from starting, does that mean that you support abortion right up until one second before birth?
As I have already said, Abortion is not possible that late. Abortion is only possible during the early stages of pregnancy. I'm not sure the exact point where it becomes impossible, but once past that point, if the baby is lost, then it is known as a Stillbirth.

Besides, one has to draw the line somewhere. The baby develops from a single fertilised egg to a baby over a period of nine months. A single fertilised egg is (I am 100% sure of this) not a conscious being. A baby is. There is no definite point that one can point to and say "There! It's a baby now!" We just don't have the technology to find out when it becomes conscious, and so we must put it down to how we define a "child". The way I define it, the foetus is NOT a child, and therefore you are not killing a person, you are stopping a person from coming into existence. If you try and see it from this point of view now, you will see why objecting to Abortion is just silly (from this point of view). In fact, I've already explained it...

:
My distant aunty was raped and had a girl. She is older than me and is a beutiful, talented and smart woman who takes care of her mother and has a husband already with 2 kids.
What if my aunty had an abortion which was the hardest thing to do in her life? That women will be killed, her husband will marry someone else, her children wont have a chance at life and all her good spirit and heart will just be.....nothing.
I've already said this twice, but since you appear to have ignored it, I will say it again:

You argue that Abortions shouldn't be allowed because they might prevent someone like your cousin from being born. But, by this reasoning, Contraception should also be banned (since it might prevent a great person from being born), and we should advocate having babies as much as possible (since not having babies as much as possible might prevent a great person from being born). Can't you see how ridiculous this is? Where do we draw the line?

Okay, just one, then...

:
Originally posted by Pinkhaired Mudokon CWR:
So how can you say that abortion is not painful and the women who kills her child will not go through depression?
I did not say this. Do not accuse me of being a liar when you so blatantly lie yourself. I said that Abortions do not cause Cancer, I never said that they were not painful and traumatic.

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM:
Alright, I know some here believe in evolution so think of how old the world is dated by evolutionists: Billions of figging' years upon years. You don't think humans have been around for a long time, right? Only twenty or thirty thousand years, right? And the industrial revolution came about only a few hundred, correct? All the "bad things" for the environmen happened then. Over 99 percent of all creatures to be around are extinct. We will not do jakk shit to mother ature the scars shall heal. Acres upon acres are used for golfing, the shittiest sport in the world to play or watch besides soccer in my opinion, you could turn that into housing. People can live in tibet, the gobi desert etceter, and raise incredible amounts of food feasibly by the green revolution. If people would use things like "frankkenfood" and specil fertilizers and crops, production of food would skyrocket! If everybody in the whole world would swear off golfing and soccer and pointless nascar races we'd have a hell of a lot of surplus lands where the homeless and the unwanted children or whatever you define them as can live. With the green revolution, frankenfoods, biodomes etc., we could have a lot of land to grow stuff on and live on. We could feed 135 billion people with the crops grown with technology known now, much more with further technologies and with other land raise amazing amounts of meat animals. All we have to do is work for about 50 years to perfect certain known agricultural breakthroughs and swear off golf, polo, the sports people really don't like. The human race would vote every ten years to eliminate a really shitty sport. Hell this would be way mor enterrtaining than the presidential elections" Water polo will never go, eliminate tennis! Shitty sport that takes entirely too much land!" We can do it people! As long ass we all forget peples race and gender and religion and work together for thhe common good of all man and women kind, Oh forget it, that will never happen. Slaughter the innocent!
All technically true. All also totally irrelevant...

:
if the mother isn't stable, why doesn't the child go up for adoption instead of destroying the baby's chance of life.
Overpopulation. Don't mean to sound heartless, but there it is...

Phew! Quote-heavy today... That'll teach me to not come online for a few days...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-19-2002, 11:50 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

Abortions do cause breast cancer because you are interrupting the birth process, and the cells in your breast start to die and they end up staying there. I don't think you research. It was discovered recently.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 02-19-2002 at 03:54 PM..
02-20-2002, 01:52 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

*sigh* Pinky, i would LOVE to read this info about abortions causing breast cancer, think you could find a link for me?

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

02-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Danny
As I have already said, Abortion is not possible that late. Abortion is only possible during the early stages of pregnancy. I'm not sure the exact point where it becomes impossible, but once past that point, if the baby is lost, then it is known as a Stillbirth.
We're talking about deliberately induced abortion, right? As far as I was aware, it's called abortion right up until about 7 or 8 months, after that it's called infanticide (inducing delivery to kill it). There's a type of commonly performed abortion that takes place as late as four or five months into pregnancy. The doctor induces delivery before puncturing the skull. A tube is then inserted into the head and the brains are sucked out before the dead baby is fully removed from the womb.
:
Besides, one has to draw the line somewhere. The baby develops from a single fertilised egg to a baby over a period of nine months. A single fertilised egg is (I am 100% sure of this) not a conscious being. A baby is. There is no definite point that one can point to and say "There! It's a baby now!" We just don't have the technology to find out when it becomes conscious, and so we must put it down to how we define a "child". The way I define it, the foetus is NOT a child, and therefore you are not killing a person, you are stopping a person from coming into existence. If you try and see it from this point of view now, you will see why objecting to Abortion is just silly (from this point of view). In fact, I've already explained it...
Define foetus. Is a foetus simply the state of the offspring in the time up until birth? You've already decided for yourself that a foetus is not a child, and that aborting a foetus is acceptable. Do you consider a baby born four months premature to be worthy of the title "child" or is it still a foetus, even though outside of the womb? Your dependence on strict definitions doesn't seem to work.

02-20-2002, 06:41 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

foetus or no foetus, it is life.

People who take it like its nothing is just loonie and "OVERPOPULATED" eh Danny?

02-20-2002, 02:27 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

And sure, I will find the cancer link. Atleast I can show you that a fetus is alive and abortion can cause breast cancer.

02-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

Thank you Sydney for that disgusting information. Now you've put an image in my head. I keep my views on abortion yet I dislike reading your posts more than previously...

:
Originally posted by ODDBODD
foetus or no foetus, it is life.
Since you value life so much do you also want all the other animals in the world to not be killed?
02-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Gluk Schmuck
Thank you Sydney for that disgusting information. Now you've put an image in my head.
Poor diddums. The reality of it is quite disgusting, isn't it?
:
I dislike reading your posts more than previously...
More than previously? Do you have a problem with me that you'd like to discuss?

02-21-2002, 07:34 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

:
Since you value life so much do you also want all the other animals in the world to not be killed?
intelligent life

:
Contraception should also be banned (since it might prevent a great person from being born)
If the wanna have sex for pleasure well ofcourse you use contraception. Contraception and abortoins do have a difference, with abortion there is a 100% chance of life but without its 50% or less if your use contraception. Just dont take the risk that might haunt you forever.

:
Overpopulation. Don't mean to sound heartless, but there it is...
dont mean to sound heartless but you shouldn't have been born at all.... hurts doesn't it, i know it hurts and it also makes you think

:
What about the people who don't have access to contraceptives?
Dont risk it, get off your ass and buy a damn condom...

:
Originally posted by Sydman
[B]Poor diddums. The reality of it is quite disgusting, isn't it?B]
funny funny sydman...

This is what sydman is talking about.