Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

10-31-2002, 10:10 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Crimson Tides

Well, I've decided to create a new fiction, I've wanted to do it for a while. I've entitled it Crimson Tides for particular reasons, and I'll be doing chapter by chapter. I hope you all like this, it might be quite different for starters I think this might be the first fiction to have the main character and secondary characetrs as Gabbits, but I could be wrong! And there isn't much action in the first chapter either.

Chapter One - Restored Evil
"Bet you can't beat me back to the group!" "I'm sure I can!" two young Gabbits playing together shouted. They leapt off and both shot off at high speeds, which come naturally to Gabbits, being so aquatic as they are. These two Gabbits both racing each other like old times, brought a smile to Xen's face. Seeing those two young Gabbits playing like they were reminded him of what it used to be like before the Glukkon’s swiped up nearly every Gabbit. But things were calm and peaceful, everything was back to the way they were at last, no Glukkons had dared return to the oceans and rivers near the Gabbit's habitat. Well, not since Munch and Abe put a stop to it one year ago during the revolution. But that was all in the past, and all 151 Gabbits living in the group had nearly all but forgotten the atrocities committed.

Xen is a Gabbit, three years of age and looks like any other Gabbit. The only differences between Xen and the other Gabbits are his mature sexual glands and bodily markings, which develop at his ripe old age. Xen wished he wouldn’t keep thinking about his past, he could hardly even remember any of it and thinking about it made things worse. What was even poorer was that he had no idea why he was the same age as Munch, yet at one time Munch was the only Gabbit alive. So how could he possibly exist? These thoughts had been troubling him for ages, and not being able to make any sense of it only made him increasingly frustrated with himself. One thing for certain was he knew that if he was able to find Munch, maybe, just maybe his past and existence could be explained. For some reason, he thought as if he was connected to Munch in some weird and distorted way, a way that cannot be explained verbally, but can be explained spiritually.

“Xen! Come quick! Big ships in the water are coming!” shouted a young Gabbit swimming quite fast towards Xen. “Excuse me!? Is this some kind of prank!?” shouted back Xen, being both worried and cautious at the same time. “No Sir! Ships, big ships with the nets are coming our way! Fiiv and some other Gabbits last time I saw were also trying to escape! But these ships are fast, almost faster than us!” Xen with a look of horror on his face skipped a heartbeat and gasped for air.

“Please follow me, you are the only one strong enough to do anything!” and with that Xen leapt off his cosy rock and sped off with his younger Gabbit companion towards certain astonishment. On near arrival, Xen saw what he hadn’t seen in ages, and what he feared most highly above all. Because there it was, off in the distance a Glukkon Ship, back in the waters of Mudos ready to scoop up more Gabbits to make their precious Gabbiar and supply them with lungs. “This can’t be happening! Munch stopped this! Vykkers Labs was destroyed in the crash!” “Sir Xen, what are you speaking about!?” “Don’t you worry young ‘in, it’s nothing that concerns you, or ever should” Xen answered in a low and deep toned voice. “Turn around and fetch the others, and all swim back to the shore and hide, make sure no one can see you” “Okay Sir Xen” and with that the Gabbit disappeared swimming in the other direction.

Xen, when he was certain that the other Gabbit was well gone, sped up towards the Glukkon’s Ship. He could see clearly now that the nets had been deployed but only the bottom of the ships could be seen; at long last the Glukkons were back. Xen continued onwards until he could hear the faint cries of a fellow Gabbit off in the distance, very close to the Glukkon’s ship. He headed off once again but this time deeper down into the ocean, in the direction of the cries. Worryfish passed by him swimming in schools of hundreds, all heading to their hidden mating areas, as their mating season has just begun. He continued to swim down until he could see the owner of the cries; it was Fiiv tangled in a large patch of seaweed. The nets were growing closer by the second, and Fiiv wasn’t helping by struggling and tugging. “Please Fiiv quit it, I’ll get you untangled! Just stop struggling!”. With a few tugs and ripping of seaweed Fiiv was released from his green jail, unfortunately they didn’t notice the more greenish coloured water they were swimming in. Before Fiiv could thank Xen, the Glukkons had released a sleeping toxin into the water, and sure enough they both were knocked out cold and floating in the ocean silently, all ready to be captured by the Glukkons. The Glukkons swooped through a few times, to make sure they didn’t miss any sleeping Gabbits. Fiiv was captured in the first round in the huge gapping steel nets, luckily Xen went undetected and wasn’t captured.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

11-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Stripe
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Maryland
: 55
Stripe  (10)
Great beginning!

Keep going! Poor Fiiv must be saved!
11-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Happy

His is great. really exiting. Its a great beggining. Keep it up