Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-23-2001, 12:58 AM
dchin
Zappfly

: Apr 2001
: 1
dchin  (10)
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee music soundtrack?

After browsing around at a local second-hand shop I noticed what seemed to be a music cd for Abe's Oddysee (mind you the packaging was in french). I was somewhat tempted to buy it since I liked the music a lot in that game but I was wondering if such a music cd was actually released or if maybe what I saw was some bootleg type stuff.

I'm new here too by the way.

dchin
dchin@postmark.net
04-23-2001, 03:48 AM
number 15 the slig
Zappfly

: Australia
: 18
number 15 the slig  (10)

Yeah! I wonder if there really is such a thing?

04-23-2001, 04:09 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I have never heard of an Abe's Oddysee soundtrack CD. If there were such a thing I would be sure to buy it. But it may just be a bootleg as you say.

BTW... welcome to Oddworld Forums... hope you have fun here!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-23-2001, 05:15 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Welcome to the forums, both of you.

Could it have been the 'Get Freaky' CD? I've never seen it so I guess it could have Abe on the front. There was no official soundtrack CD for the game so if it was a soundtrack, it was bootlegged.
04-23-2001, 12:05 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

Abe's oddysee has made music. Like how the scrabs start chasing you in the final test. Woa i just had to tape that.
AE has a alright soundtrack but doesn't have much trigger music like AO. Ao has a mad collection of trigger music like when a scrab chases you or how the silence breaks with a "dadadum." but Ae has only 2 trigger tracks. The slig, scrab, slog and parramite triggers are all the same. I guess because it cost too much

04-23-2001, 12:08 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by Pacen:
Welcome to the forums, both of you.
Actually Number 15 has been a member of the old forums, she just doesn't post a lot due to school, etc.

She is a friend of mine who is 10 and a huge Oddworld fan. She runs Abe's Net which is also on the Oddworld.com Fan Sites page!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-24-2001, 10:55 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

i see. *rubs chin* well i was playingAe today and i noticed that the trigger for the sligs is the same as AO and is different to the scrab, paramite, slog etc triggers

04-24-2001, 10:49 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Sorry Number 15, I like your site especially the background music.

Oddbodd, a quote from a Lorne interview article:
:
In speaking directly about the game itself, Lanning said that his development team plans to integrate a soundtrack and sound effects that work in tune with the in-game action. "We want to have real-time composition," explained Lanning. "We refer to it as the heartbeat of the world. The game needs to be monitoring the degree of intensity that is taking place, and that degree of intensity should be complemented by music composed in real-time. If the degree of intensity is in the exploration mode and there is a slow heartbeat to the pace of the game then the sound accommodating that should be almost non-existent. The sound should feels as though its pre-choreographed to what we're playing and not just a score that at any moment in the game isn't related to what is happening."
I have to say that the changing music to accomodate the mood in AO was a very nice addition to the game. Good to see they're continueing it through with Munch's Oddysee. Also, you can hear the "triggers" in some MO vids already.
04-25-2001, 12:14 AM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

ao music rocks

04-25-2001, 04:01 PM
moodokon man
Howler Punk

: South Africa
: 302
moodokon man  (10)

Ya that would be cool I would love to get a oddworld cd but I live in South Africa Man no one even has the oddworld games anymore it sucks.