09-04-2002, 03:03 AM
Squinge
Stunk

: Aug 2002
: Austin, Tx.
: 35
Squinge  (10)
I Gave You a Chance...

I do not come here or to the TGA much anymore. I was just at the TGA, and I discovered that Majic was posting in a RACIST manner. Talking about "Ebonics" and slandering those who talk in such a way. Any board who advocates, by making those who converse that way, a MODERATOR, appears to condone such behavior.

I, for one, do not condone such behavior.

Therefore I will be leaving your board for good. Anyone who may post in response to this will be wasting their breath, as I will not return to a forum that has people( and I use the term lightly) that promote elitism or racism.

Good day, and goodbye.

...and I thought that this forum would have FAIR moderators.....

What was I thinking??

09-04-2002, 03:10 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

"Ebonics" is generaly the term I've learned to know. My brother and his friends (non-American) use the term lightly, I've learned to also. I only thought I reperessented a few mior generalities in relating ebonics to rap, and nowhere did I say I was superior, or felt superior, I just siad I disliked the slang type being typed and put places when its hard to understand.

I think you've completely warped any words I've said. Or maybe its just the way I've grown up. I never knew I had any racist views.
09-04-2002, 03:23 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I think this topic is stupid, and will cause nothing but trouble.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

09-04-2002, 03:24 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

After I had seen this thread I went to check on Majics post. After reading it then looking at Squinge's reply, I think he might have taken it a little to personal. Majic stated that he did not like "Ebonics" when it is typed on a board or something similar. No where did I see him point out or say that he was "Superior" to anyone, I believe that to be assumed by Squinge. Also I do not think that a "opinion" of "Ebonics" being not liked as a way to speak on a forum or board shows any sign of racism, and that it was also assumed by Squinge. Sguinge I think you took this to far and had made up your own veiws at what Majic has said. I think you should reconsider that this was not a act of racism nor a act to proclaim Superiority.

This is my veiw-Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

Last edited by Kaimana; 09-03-2002 at 07:27 PM..
09-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Whats 'Ebonics'? And what was Magic sposedly/actually said?

Only then shall i actually get involved. And, personally, i dont actually think that people who are friends of Squinge or Magic should get involved just yet...as it may seem biased.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Jacob, 'ebonics', from my understanding, are slang terms and such that are commonly used by african americans. I could be way off base here, because I'm not even too sure about it.

My town seems to be totally different from most [socially speaking] so I'm probably WAY off base...

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

09-04-2002, 06:59 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Squinge... rascist or not, dirt should never be dragged from one forum to another... and you shouldn't assume that just because Majic is "racist" (whether it's true or not), that the rest of the forum is racist.

But I'm just wasting my breath...
09-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I tink he was on about a racist mod is not fair...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud