Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

07-19-2002, 08:35 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)
Wired PlayStation Experience - who's going?

This morning I got a leaflet in the post (addressed to me personally; not some thing that got dropped through everybody's letterbox) about a forthcoming event in Earl's Court.

To quote from it:
:
At the show you'll be able to play the big PlayStation 2 and PS One games that won't be available until later in the year and some that won't be available until 2003. It's your exclusive chance to play the games as early as the industry insiders.
Apparently, each of the three days that make up the event will include 'an exclusive chance to play the hottest games up to six months before they hit the shops'; breakdancing, BMX and skateboarding showcases on a giant half-pipe; guest apperances by TV, sport and 'gaming celebrities' (WTF is a gaming celebrity?); live events and perfomances on the main stage; and a supposed 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunity to compete against other PlayStation Experience gamers and win groovy stuff. And everyone who attends also gets a free promotional pack containing a copy of OPS2M, merchandise from top games publishers and a demo disk only available at the PlayStation Experience.

I'm so there. I suppose Ratchet & Clank, Malice and Spyro 4 are too much to hope for, but Tekken 4, Kingdom Hearts and Vexx are real possibilities. Are there any other PS2 fanboys in Blighty who plan to attend?

07-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Re: PlayStation Experience - who's going?

:
Originally posted by One, Two, Middlesboogie
(WTF is a gaming celebrity?)
A few examples: Peter Molyneux, Shigeuro Miyamoto, Hideo Kojima, Lupin Kojima, Bill Gates, etc. Basically, a gaming celebrity is someone who when you think about them 'gaming' is one of the things you think about. Same as 'sporting' and 'TV' celebrities.
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
Sad

I'd like to go but I don't know were it is.Anyway,my mom and dad woudn't let me.CRAP!This is once in a lifetime and I have to miss it danmit!

Wrex.

07-20-2002, 11:08 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Got my tickets booked. There are two sessions on each of the three days that it lasts for, and I'm going to the morning one on Saturday the 31st.

Am I really the only person on this board who is from Britain and has a registered PS2?

07-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by One, Two, Middlesboogie
Am I really the only person on this board who is from Britain and has a registered PS2?
Probably. :P
07-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Sao
Zappfly

: Jul 2002
: Phsically: Burniston Mentally: ???
: 12
Sao  (10)
Happy

I've got on of 'em t'ings somwhere here...*blows dust off* You know, they say that the were made in a foregn land, *whisper* even further than Sunderland...