04-14-2001, 01:08 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
Mudakon slaves

Mudakon slaves work for the Glukkons. But they need norishment. Where did they get it? Do the Glukkons care about that and spend money for the slaves, or what? I cannot imagine that the Glukkons took any of their money for the slaves. And where do the slaves sleep? Perhaps on the floor of the factory. They also need some toillets. Or do they use some corner of the factorys for erm poo? Where do the slaves take a bath and where do they go if they´re ill and etc. Well the Glukkons have to take care about them ,or don´t they?

04-14-2001, 01:16 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Glukkons get money because of the Mudokons - Mudokons have to buy the Glukkon products, of course! I guess they sleep on the floor, like Abe does in AO, and perhaps Mudokons don't need to go to the bog. They certainly fart alot.

04-14-2001, 02:54 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

But the brew they must have a little hole somewhere. the brew can´t stay in their bodys. Ok they fart a lot. AH! I´ve got an idea! when you breath there´s water in the breath perhaps the water is in the farts!!!
(silly idea i kmow)

04-14-2001, 03:53 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Yeah Really, would the glukkons ever feed the mudokons? Do they use the bathroom? Where do they sleep!Lousy Cable?

04-14-2001, 04:00 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Oh dear...

If you've played Abe's Oddysee, surely you must know that Mudokons sleep in the employee lounges. It's simple enough.

04-14-2001, 04:06 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Um, if i haven't played OW1 i would'nt tell ya the endings. That was Abe sleeping in the employees lounge.Broken Bathtub?

04-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Slaves are taken care of like a investment. Like in real life slavery

04-14-2001, 05:34 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

well i don´t think so Glukkons won´t take care about their slaves. about the norishment: Perhaps there´s a gig tub or some kind of container where they fillin the food. and there the Mudakons eat ( Perhaps they´ve got such a thing as a toillet,too. not very nice but better than nothing)

04-14-2001, 06:07 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Well...I have always wondered. You know how the process meat and stuff on Oddworld? Well, who do they sell them too? Conzumers...but I wonder what they look like and stuff. Other mudokons?

04-14-2001, 06:12 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

opr they sell the suff to other Glukkons. that´s possible I think

04-15-2001, 11:45 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

The consumers of Oddworld live in huge cities, like New York, or Paris. They are the people that buy the products of the magog Cartel. Think about the cocaine cartels of Colombia, for a second... who do you think that consume all those tons of white drugs? The great cities of the world, where the wealthy people are.

Of course, mudokons used to eat Rupture Farms' products, and drink the addictive Soulstorm Brew, but what they comsume represents a very thin slice of the overall amount of Scrab cakes, Paramites pies, and so on.

Don't forget they say Rupture Farms was the biggest meat procesing plant on Oddworld, but it was not the only one.
04-16-2001, 12:58 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by Lampion:
The consumers of Oddworld live in huge cities, like New York, or Paris. They are the people that buy the products of the magog Cartel. Think about the cocaine cartels of Colombia, for a second... who do you think that consume all those tons of white drugs? The great cities of the world, where the wealthy people are.
I remember reading somewhere that Lorne said that we have only seen a very small part of Oddworld. With each part of the quinotology we will see more and more of Oddworld... larger factories/processing plants, bigger towns, bigger cities, until finally we reach the biggest city on all of Oddworld (or maybe on Mudos seeing the place is so large).

As for the slaves... you only have to look at them to see they are quite malnourished (not all Mudokons are skinny... refer Tree Huggers image). The Glukkons would feed them enough so that they can work (probably gruel or other such food) and give them primative facillities (sleep on the floor in a cold room probably, pit toilet).

That's the limitation of a game... you don't see all the other stuff that you would see if you were watching a movie.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-18-2001, 08:34 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

I doubt that mudokons will be the consumor species but i wonder who would. Guess we haven't seen that part of oddworld yet.

-------THEORY MOOD SWING---------
I stink that somewhere in the huge world there are large cities. With not a single tree amungst them. And some species, not sligs or glukkons are the consumers and buyers of the products. Okay i see you are lost

wildlife - slogs, fleeches, sea rex
stock species- scrabs, paramites, meeches
experiment species - gabbits, fuzzles
primary worker species - mudokons
secondary worker species - sligs, vykkers
industry species - Glukkons
developer species - UNKNOWN
consumer/workforce species - UNKNOWN
leadership species - UNKNOWN

Get my drift? So we have only seen the industry and a few wildlife creatures. But somewhere out there is the CONSUMER species which (like humans) work and buy things that come from the industry. And somewhere out there are the leaders of war and power. My guess will be gloctigy but i bet there will be a even bigger and killer species out there.

04-18-2001, 08:07 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i like your thinking. i admit we've had our disagreements, but you sound right this time.

except that we know that mudokons and sligs and glukkons have a wide range of lifestyle, and are spread across the classes.

here's how i picture the organisation of the Magog Cartel.

slave class [60% mudokon, 20% slig, and 20% other slave species, such as kintos]
worker class [50% slig, 30% mudokon, and 20% other, including some glukkons]
middle class [40% vykker, 30% glukkon, 20% slig, and 10% other, including mudokons]
upper class [80% glukkon, 20% vykkers and sligs. very few mudokons]

the upper classes order the slave and worker classes to produce things, which are bought by the middle classes and other members of the upper and worker classes. the slave classes get small rations.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-18-2001, 08:20 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

That's a cool way to look at it.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-20-2001, 01:05 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

Rettick....thats a definite on the mogog industry. But i am pondering on the other things outside of that. Here i have redone my chart according to yours. smallest to largest. ETC means that others not known or unmensioned.

wildlife - fleeches, slogs, sea rex ETC
stock species- scrabs, paramites, meeches ETC
experiment species - fuzzles, gabbits ETC
primary worker species - mudokon, slig, vykkers, glukkons
secondary worker species - sligs, vykkers, glukkons, mudokons
industry species - Glukkons, sligs ETC
developer species - UNKNOWN....glukkons
consumer/workforce species - UNKNOWN
leadership species - UNKNOWN... glukkons

Is that right?
hummm i feeel smart, must be a dream

04-21-2001, 12:02 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

if we're talking about producers and consumers, we only need to talk about that Magog Cartel, as the natives have their own arrangements.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-22-2001, 08:53 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

Mogog cartel isn't the only tning there gonna explore. You have to agree the locations in AO was a tad better than the ones in AE. well thats what i think